Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools

Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #27451
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Get two or three jobs. You're full of shit. It's true there's few jobs for the fucking lazy.
Getting two or three jobs doesn't get you to the top either. Not to mention it's difficult to function as a human being and wholly unhealthy to be working 70 hours per week unless you want a divorce and be an absent parent.

And your narrative that in the current economy there are few good jobs. Now suddenly multiple great jobs are available for anyone who wants them? I don't think you've thought this through.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #27452
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Sure there is: the fact that there simply is not enough opportunity to make it to the top. Look at almost all the jobs out there and you'll see that almost none of them pay nearly enough to make it to the top. And actually job compensation and benefits are getting worse so it's harder every day.

There's this conservative myth that everyone can be rich. It's pure fantasy that's plainly contradicted by obvious facts but it drives your ideology no matter what.
No one can get RICH

at one or 2 or 3 jobs

IMPOSSIBLE


I never said that at all
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #27453
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
I didn't make my millions by working

Most I ever made as a stock broker was 480K in 1995......and my wife spent 480K (don't have a fucking clue on what).....mid 96, was going thru dvorce and BROKE and JOBLESS

99 was worth 1 million or so

'00 was worth $44 million

and DIDNT HAVE A JOB AT ALL!
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #27454
islandman
 
islandman's Avatar
 
islandman is offline
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Twenty-Deuce
Posts: 63,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysail View Post



It worked pretty goddamn well for China— raising an entire nation of (then) a billion people out of grinding poverty and destitution.







Fair enough.

Want to go with me to DC to petition for a strong central government in the vein of what China has?

I'll drive, you pay for gas.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #27455
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
No one can get RICH

at one or 2 or 3 jobs

IMPOSSIBLE


I never said that at all
There's a microscopic number of jobs that will make someone really rich just by working. CEOs, MLB players, large business execs, etc. Those jobs are probably .001% of jobs out there.

While conservatives yammer on about hard work making people rich the actual way folks make millions is by already having millions and by collecting unearned income.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #27456
islandman
 
islandman's Avatar
 
islandman is offline
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Twenty-Deuce
Posts: 63,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Get two or three jobs.
I love how vetteman can so casually throw about "get two or three jobs".

Makes me wonder if he's every had two, three jobs for any length of time.

I suspect likely not, because if one job back then couldn't support him, he would have thrown a hissy-fit and marched on Washington.

In conclusion, do as I say, not as I do?
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #27457
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 121,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Getting two or three jobs doesn't get you to the top either. Not to mention it's difficult to function as a human being and wholly unhealthy to be working 70 hours per week unless you want a divorce and be an absent parent.

And your narrative that in the current economy there are few good jobs. Now suddenly multiple great jobs are available for anyone who wants them? I don't think you've thought this through.
There was a time after WWI when my grandfather who had an 8th grade education had .50 cents to his name and damn near starved on the Northern Plains of Nebraska. He died a wealthy man, having owned several businesses and a fucking bank, so don't tell me it can't be done.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #27458
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 121,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Getting two or three jobs doesn't get you to the top either. Not to mention it's difficult to function as a human being and wholly unhealthy to be working 70 hours per week unless you want a divorce and be an absent parent.

And your narrative that in the current economy there are few good jobs. Now suddenly multiple great jobs are available for anyone who wants them? I don't think you've thought this through.
19 million Mexicans found jobs.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #27459
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
19 million Mexicans found jobs.
And many work 60+ hours. What percentage got rich?
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #27460
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
There was a time after WWI when my grandfather who had an 8th grade education had .50 cents to his name and damn near starved on the Northern Plains of Nebraska. He died a wealthy man, having owned several businesses and a fucking bank, so don't tell me it can't be done.
I'm not saying it can't be done. But for every hard working entrepreneur that gets filthy rich I can show you a few hundred that didn't get rich and a whole bunch that ended up drowning in debt with their credit destroyed.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #27461
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
There's a microscopic number of jobs that will make someone really rich just by working. CEOs, MLB players, large business execs, etc. Those jobs are probably .001% of jobs out there.

While conservatives yammer on about hard work making people rich the actual way folks make millions is by already having millions and by collecting unearned income.
I don't consider any above as jobs

YOU CANT GET RICH WITH ANY JOBS




You cant get rich on em....look at so many ballplayers who are broke when they retire
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #27462
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
And many work 60+ hours. What percentage got rich?
Who knows
What we do know you're not going to get rich watching others while seating on your dead ass.
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #27463
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
Who knows
Everyone knows except you.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #27464
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,438
I don't know if MacDonald's still the same way now but I do know at one time if you put in your time there they would go in half with you on a new store and as a owner.

Look at Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL started out as a intern with the NFL.
So ass clown you saying people can't become rich is bullshit
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #27465
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
Everyone knows except you.
Then tell how many got rich ass clown we'll wait
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #27466
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
I don't know if MacDonald's still the same way now but I do know at one time if you put in your time there they would go in half with you on a new store and as a owner.

Look at Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL started out as a intern with the NFL.
So ass clown you saying people can't become rich is bullshit
So your definition of rich is owning a fast food place? Now I'm thinking your family is poor as shit.

It doesn't matter if you have an anecdote of a guy getting rich because it's not generalizable to the rest of America.

Last edited by mercury14 : 12-31-2012 at 05:10 PM.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #27467
islandman
 
islandman's Avatar
 
islandman is offline
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Twenty-Deuce
Posts: 63,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
I don't know if MacDonald's still the same way now but I do know at one time if you put in your time there they would go in half with you on a new store and as a owner.

Look at Roger Goodell commissioner of the NFL started out as a intern with the NFL.
So ass clown you saying people can't become rich is bullshit

Yes, Roger Goddell, current commissioner of the NFL....and son of a former U.S. Senator.

So, the moral of the story here is if you can't achieve the American dream, you might want to look into having a Senator as a dad.


Dumbass.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #27468
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
very few own ONE fast food joints

its usually multiple

and yes, its a road to RICH


in 1984, I bought tons of shares in a stock for a guy who was MANAGING 5 McD stores,

he made so much $$$, he bought 2, within 5 years, he had 30 in the PA/NJ area.......became RICH LIKE A MOFO!
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #27469
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman View Post
Yes, Roger Goddell, current commissioner of the NFL....and son of a former U.S. Senator.

So, the moral of the story here is if you can't achieve the American dream, you might want to look into having a Senator as a dad.


Dumbass.
How did HIS Father get to be Senator?


NIGGER
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #27470
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
So your definition of rich is owning a fast food place? Now I'm thinking your family is poor as shit.

It doesn't matter if you have an anecdote of a guy getting rich because it's not generalizable to the rest of America.
No my family rich as fuck because of fast food and restaurants nothing to be a shame of to own a fast food place.
You want shit handed to you ass clown you don't want work for it.
I walked away from the family business to make it on my own and I did.
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:17 PM   #27471
Bunny Slippers
Fluffy Nutter
 
Bunny Slippers's Avatar
 
Bunny Slippers is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 32,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
How did HIS Father get to be Senator?


NIGGER
proving the American dream, WORKED

Till NIGGER OM ICKS was installed

[edit] Early life and educationGoodell was born in Jamestown, New York, the son of Francesca (née Bartlett) and Charles Ellsworth Goodale. He attended the public schools of Jamestown and graduated from Williams College in 1948. He served in the United States Navy as a seaman second class from 1944 to 1946, and in the United States Air Force as a first lieutenant from 1952 to 1953, during the Korean War.

Goodell graduated from Yale Law School in 1951, and also received a graduate degree from Yale University Graduate School of Government in 1952; he was a teacher at Quinnipiac College in New Haven, Connecticut in 1952 as well. He was admitted to the Connecticut bar in 1951, the New York bar in 1954, and began his law practice in Jamestown
__________________
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #27472
eyer
Literotica Guru
 
eyer is offline
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,560
BBII:

Are you claiming you made your riches speculating?
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #27473
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bra_man69 View Post
No my family rich as fuck because of fast food and restaurants nothing to be a shame of to own a fast food place.
You want shit handed to you ass clown you don't want work for it.
I walked away from the family business to make it on my own and I did.
I'm not saying it's anything to be ashamed of. But the kind of wealth I'm taking about is on a whole different level than what you're thinking.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #27474
bra_man69
Literotica Guru
 
bra_man69's Avatar
 
bra_man69 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in my cave
Posts: 7,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury14 View Post
I'm not saying it's anything to be ashamed of. But the kind of wealth I'm taking about is on a whole different level than what you're thinking.
OK tell me what I'm thinking I'll wait
__________________
Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
 

Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #27475
mercury14
Pragmatic Metaphysician
 
mercury14's Avatar
 
mercury14 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 22,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSYBODY-II View Post
proving the American dream, WORKED
He went to an Ivy League Law school, taught law, worked in government, and then became a Senator. That's the American Dream except when it's Obama doing it.
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.