The Guardian's keep (lounge thread)

dragonrazor

Boobies...BOOBIES....
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Posts
74,066
Okay, so out of boredom, I figured I'd start one of these sort of things. A discussionish thread

The setting: an ages old castle, lit outside only by the moon and stars, lit inside by the soft blue glow of resonant crystals and magical gemstones. The doors open at your approach, as if by some unseen entity. The path before you, the softly lit corridor, almost ethereal, ghostly, as if leading to eternity. As you step through the doors, past them, and farther down the hallway, strange sounds come to your ears. Soft whistles, low moaning noises, clicking....further still, the sound of music, hauntingly beautiful. As you come to the end of the hallway, you see a single set of doors. They open before you, and suddenly you're in a room filled with light...the soft light of candles, of the fire, of chandeliers, of magic. Objects dance in the air as if held by invisible people, glasses of wine being poured, food being cooked and served...

You have come to the place where Magic meets Technology, the place of the Guardians. Lord Raven welcomes you, and bids you take a seat, warm your feet by the fire, and tell your tale.

Raven sits quietly, his long black hair braided in a decidedly eastern style, as he sips his tea. He looked around the Keep's parlor, nodding in satisfaction at the enchantment that keeps the food and drink coming for the guests. When he had taken over, he had had the idea to convert the parlor into a sort of Travelers' Inn, a place where people could get in out of the cold and relax. And that was just what many travelers did, though some were wary. And they had right to be, he supposed. He was the only bouncer. But he was also all the keep needed for security.
 
*walks in silently, sets up her hammock, clambers onto it, sits indian style, crosses her arms, and glares at Raven*
 
The doors swing open on the new day, and the smell of freshly baked breads and pies, and freshly roasted meats, wafts through the air for hungry travellers.
 
*looks around quietly and curls up into a ball on the ground, clawing the ground silently*

:cattail:
 
A cup of Raven's special tea blend floats over to you with honey to put in it.
 
*looks at Raven*

You know, you can make up for yesterday, somehow, I'm sure =P
 
I'm thinking....Banana Cream. Too bad you're not here, we could...bake one....
 
well you know those three oddly shaped states that border the mississippi river?
 
Psh, no =P

Well yes..

*moves on to a different coversation*

Sooooooo... You into sports?
 
I like Formula One, if that counts. Also, let's face it. Unless it's Olympics, most sports are overplayed. They've grown boring to the point that they don't draw as much as they used to. I used to love watching baseball. The only time in the past fifteen years that I cared about it was the fact that the White Sox won the series a few years back.
 
*blinks*

You. Are. Insane.

The Yankees are SOOOOOo much better than the white sox...
 
that's a tossup. That's why those are my two favorite teams. And the yankees make it to the series so often that it's like "oh, the yankees won again" But prior to that, the last time the White Sox made it was marred by the Black Sox scandal.
 
A tossup? Seriously? The Yankees are like 20 million times better.

You don't like football?

Why am I not surprised...
 
I prefer sports where one is competing less against other people and more against oneself.
 
Back
Top