Gun play?

Lobo_8

Why is the sky blue...
While browsing some of the contracts from the library thread I found references to "gun play" and google has failed me yet again in my search of erotic knowledge. Does any one know what exactly this is? If so I must ask what is the motivation behind this EXTREMELY dangerous act? I have been around firearms all my life and the danger they can pose is more than any act I have heard of to date. I am of the view that firearms are not toys in any way. The only reason they are there is to kill and I just can't wrap my mind around using them in any way other than that.

I am not trying to dissuade anyone from this if they do it, but I dislike being ignorant and am looking for some help in fixing this.

-Burns

Its similar to knife play in that its about creating fear and the illusion of danger without there really being any. Often the knives used in knife play are dull or the top is actually using the dull side or even the handle of an otherwise ordinary knife to create fear in their bottom. Similarly, guns in gun play will not be loaded and are only used as a tool to create fear. Sometimes they (also like knives) will be used as a prop in rape play or other such role playing.

Of course, the tops playing with these types of things are very careful and aware of the safety of their bottom's and themselves (or at least they should be).

Hope that helped.

Last edited:
Does any one know what exactly this is? If so I must ask what is the motivation behind this EXTREMELY dangerous act?

Some people get off because of them, more on the fear their use or the illusion of their use provokes. Simples.

The only reason they are there is to kill and I just can't wrap my mind around using them in any way other than that.

Well, yeah. Like with a lot of other fetishes, if you're not into it, the idea of people getting sexually aroused by it will seem very strange. I had a similar reaction last night when somebody showed me an extreme body modification site and saw a man with a scrotum that looked like a giant flesh-coloured balloon following a saline injection. So long as you don't start disparaging the fetish or the people who genuinely do have a thing for it, that's not a problem.

I've tried to figure out, in discussions with some people who carry and are usually some of the strongest opponents of using guns as erotic props, how this could be done in a not-crazy way.

If I had a gun that was not only unloaded, but COULD NOT BE loaded - filling the chambers with caulk for example -

Brandon Lee anyone? Good.

Next, this gun would have to be different from all the other makes in your collection, there would have to be literally no possibility of confusing it with another. If it were just marked in a way the top understands, who knows what kind of problems the bottom might get into from mistaken identity.

Last, never the fuck ever do this in public.

If I see someone pulling out a gun on their gf in public, what do you think my response will be? How about if I carry?

I thank all of you for your information. I agree with the idea of making the weapon unusable. Removing the firing pin, caulk in the magazine well, good ideas. What about prop weapons. Toy guns painted to resemble real firearms? Is that a practical practice or would that not create the fear required due to weight, look, and feel? I guess the biggest reason I'm opposed to this is because about a year ago I had a Negligent Discharge of my pistol. Fortunately no one was hurt due to the round type being a hollow point.

Thank you all again for the information.

-Burns

After seconding what MS and Netz said, I have to admit this is hot, hot, hot. Especially for someone who gets off on fear. It's like everything else though, don't be a dumbass about it. Don't use a loaded gun..etc, etc..

For me, guns are completely terrifying in a totally not hot way, but like MS explained, just because its not my kink I'm not going to condemn it. As long as it's done safely (like everything else), then whatever.

But like Netz said, definitely not something to do in public, no matter how safe. If I saw someone pull a gun in a dungeon I would flip.

I like guns. I own several. I have enough firearms training to have earned a concealed carry permit in my state. Neither I, nor any responsible gun owner, would use them in this manner. To do so is to violate two of the basics of gun safety: Treat every gun as if it's loaded, and always point a gun in a safe direction.

I don't care how hot some find this. Using real guns for sexual play is dumb. Eventually, someone will slip up and someone else will die.

Last edited:
What about prop weapons. Toy guns painted to resemble real firearms? Is that a practical practice or would that not create the fear required due to weight, look, and feel?

Weight and feel are things that you'd be experiencing as the one doing the pointing, though, and if that's the case you're not the one that's supposed to be scared. Look is a different matter and something that's obviously fake ain't going to be worth squat, but at the same time if your demeanour is right and you're just scary enough to make it plausible, you could conceivably pull out a water pistol painted black and it still have the desired effect. If you're really concerned about it but still want to experiment, consider getting hold of an Airsoft pistol - unless you point it right into her eye, the worst that can realistically happen is a sharp pain for a second (if that's even to be considered bad among a forum full of masochists).

I don't care how hot some find this. Using real guns for sexual play is dumb. Eventually, someone will slip up and someone else will die.

Oh, shut up. I was afraid the original poster was the one who was going to come back and be supercilious about it, but I can say the same to you as I would have to him - it's not going to affect you and you have no business declaring it dumb when it's got nothing to do with you. I have my doubts about how dumb it is to begin with, especially when you consider the mortality rates activities like BASE-jumping have associated with them.

Last edited:
Weight and feel are things that you'd be experiencing as the one doing the pointing, though, and if that's the case you're not the one that's supposed to be scared. Look is a different matter and something that's obviously fake ain't going to be worth squat, but at the same time if your demeanour is right and you're just scary enough to make it plausible, you could conceivably pull out a water pistol painted black and it still have the desired effect. If you're really concerned about it but still want to experiment, consider getting hold of an Airsoft pistol - unless you point it right into her eye, the worst that can realistically happen is a sharp pain for a second (if that's even to be considered bad among a forum full of masochists).

Oh, shut up. I was afraid the original poster was the one who was going to come back and be supercilious about it, but I can say the same to you as I would have to him - it's not going to affect you and you have no business declaring it dumb when it's got nothing to do with you. I have my doubts about how dumb it is to begin with, especially when you consider the mortality rates activities like BASE-jumping have associated with them.

Using real guns as they have been used in many an anecdote related to me by the participants isn't just dumb - it's beyond fucktarded to the nth.

There's a smart way to do things and a dumb one, and if you think people are not gravitating to the latter you're wrong.

It's not that this *cannot* be done, but it cannot be done carelessly.

What? And lose my NRA card? I wouldn't because it goes against my core beliefs. Chainsaw play sounds fun though.

It sounds too potentially dangerous to be worthy of trying for me, but if other people want to, I can't judge them.

Like rape play, it's about creating a suitably realistic scenario in order to sate a fetish safely. I would imagine that most guns used in sexual play would be replica anyway. Just as people engaging in rape play both know that consent has been negotiated and no sex crime is being committed, people who use guns as sexual props would not need them to actually be loaded in order to enjoy the scene (I would hope). In many ways, it's no different to waving a replica/unloaded gun around on a film set.

In the UK, far fewer people have gun licences so unless you're a fully paid up member of a criminal underworld, most people over here simply do not come into contact with firearms. Even the police don't carry them, unless they're part of a special armed response unit. What I do know about guns I got from Hollywood so you could point a convincing looking water pistol at me and I'd probably wet myself. I imagine that people who don't come into regular contact with weapons would not need an actual gun that was capable of firing pointed at them in order to get their kinky kicks.

If I see someone pulling out a gun on their gf in public, what do you think my response will be? How about if I carry?

Seconded.

Like so many aspects of kink, it's just beyond stupid to expose members of the public to apparently dangerous/criminal behaviour.

i don't understand gun "play." but then, i don't understand rape "play" either. the way my brain works, these things would be utterly pointless and silly to me without being absolutely real. so, while i can understand the use of a gun as a tool to create fear, trust, power, and many other things...i cannot understand the use of a fake gun that cannot be loaded as a tool to create what...sexual excitement?? :confused:

but again that's just my weirdness. have no desire to stare down the barrel of a gun personally, but if someone were to subject me to this, it would have to very much be real and serious and not at all fun and kink and games.

Except that it will affect me, and anyone else who owns guns. While it's possible to view most accidental gun deaths as Darwinism in action, the political fallout is real. People doing stupid shit like this with guns is one reason they're perceived as requiring regulation.

It's also twaddle to say that such a death wouldn't affect others, unless neither the victim nor the shooter has friends or loved ones. It might not affect me or you, but most assuredly it will affect other, innocent parties. That's just selfish.

I'm a libertarian, and not one to advocate regulation of dangerous activities. If you want to take chances, go ahead. Base jump, hop freight trains, walk through Bedford-Stuy alone. In fact, if you want to to play with real guns, I wouldn't stop you. I'd call you a fool and leave, but I wouldn't stop you. Taking risks is a human right. But with rights come responsibilities to others, and any decent person has to consider that in deciding which risks to take. Sorry if you don't like that part of the equation.

i don't understand gun "play." but then, i don't understand rape "play" either. the way my brain works, these things would be utterly pointless and silly to me without being absolutely real. so, while i can understand the use of a gun as a tool to create fear, trust, power, and many other things...i cannot understand the use of a fake gun that cannot be loaded as a tool to create what...sexual excitement?? :confused:

but again that's just my weirdness. have no desire to stare down the barrel of a gun personally, but if someone were to subject me to this, it would have to very much be real and serious and not at all fun and kink and games.

I actually feel this way as well but then, that's why I personally have no interest in gun play. If I thought it was real and a genuine threat, it wouldn't be fun but if I knew it was 100% safe, ditto.

Meh.

I have a friend who's into it. Her Fetlife profile pictures have her blowing a gun, etc. *shrug*

I've tried to figure out, in discussions with some people who carry and are usually some of the strongest opponents of using guns as erotic props, how this could be done in a not-crazy way.

If I had a gun that was not only unloaded, but COULD NOT BE loaded - filling the chambers with caulk for example -

Brandon Lee anyone? Good.

Brandon Lee was my first thought on reading the OP.

Next, this gun would have to be different from all the other makes in your collection, there would have to be literally no possibility of confusing it with another. If it were just marked in a way the top understands, who knows what kind of problems the bottom might get into from mistaken identity.

So, uh, yeah. Been around guns literally all my life. My grandmother bought me my first handgun when I was still in the hospital having only been born a day previous. (My family is serious about firearms.) I've carried a firearm for work (armed security). I've drawn a firearm in self-defense (armed security, confrontation with a feral dog pack). I have a Concealed Carry permit.

I won't do Gun Play.

No thanks. I can dig the idea of modifying the gun to make it inop, and am really all for making sure it is a very different weapon type than the rest that I own so as to allow no confusion. All very smart.

It's still a gun, and better men than I am have had ND's under even more constrained circumstances. The prop guy whose mistake killed Brandon Lee was an experienced and trained professional, working in an environment that should've had multiple failsafes and checks. Brandon Lee is still in the ground.

I don't fucking play with guns, period.

And I guess part of it is the same sort of mindset as OSG. If it is modified to the point where it can't fire, it's not... serious. For me, or for her. Thus it is just stupid play, and that lessens the experience, and the overall impact. And, honestly, it lessens the respect for firearms in general, which can lead to less attention paid to safe handling. No thanks.

Yes, when I do knife play, the knife is sharp.

Brandon Lee was my first thought on reading the OP.

It's still a gun, and better men than I am have had ND's under even more constrained circumstances. The prop guy whose mistake killed Brandon Lee was an experienced and trained professional, working in an environment that should've had multiple failsafes and checks. Brandon Lee is still in the ground.

Oh, I missed the reference. I don't know who Brandon Lee is.

Yes, when I do knife play, the knife is sharp.

Yeah... much more my style.

*clicks off over to wiki*

Last edited:
Oh, I missed the reference. I don't know who Brandon Lee is.

Yeah... much more my style.

*clicks off over to wiki*

Brandon Lee was the son of Bruce Lee, and he died making what would've been his first break-out movie as the lead. The movie is "The Crow."

When close-ups are done of revolvers, fake bullets are put in the revolver's chambers so that the camera does not see light shining through, and the gun looks more realistic. The propmaster is supposed to remove these bullets after the shot. In this case, he did not. When the squib (a round with no shell, or a wad of cloth at most, designed to make it look like the gun went off) was loaded for a later scene where the gun must be discharged, it still had the bullets in the chamber.

The scene involved the bad guy shooting Brandon Lee's character int he chest. He gets up, as his character is already dead and not too bothered by bullets. The squib went off behind the bullet, causing the bullet to exit the gun just like a real one would. It impacted his chest and acted like a real bullet, killing him.

That this sort of accident does not happen more often is a testament to the safety standards most films operate under. Keroin could probably speak much more eloquently on this, and bear in mind that I'm going off of memory. This happened many years ago, and my details may be a little shakey as a result.

Neither I, nor any responsible gun owner, would use them in this manner. To do so is to violate two of the basics of gun safety: Treat every gun as it it's loaded, and always point a gun in a safe direction.

This. Yes.

It would interest me to know what experience with guns the various posters have, and how that relates to their views of gun play. Like Homberg, I've been around guns my entire life. I've had formal training. I suspect that those of us with that sort of background are unlikely to consider guns toys, while those without it either have an overall negative view of guns or think sexual gun play can be safe.

I would strongly encourage anyone who's into this, or on the fence, to take an NRA firearms safety class. In my neck of the woods, a basic pistol class costs $50 to $100, takes a Saturday morning, and gets you out on the range shooting. The guns and ammo are provided, it's fun, and it might save a life.

I should think any gun owners would know better than to use their weapons for frivulous purposes which are totally contrary to the intended use of them, and all the precautions about safety they've been taught.

Having said that, I say use a replica gun. Just make sure you can't possibly confuse it with a real gun.

Back