Level Up! (Closed for Lil_Squirter)

Bluemage

Fukeneh
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Posts
15,658
Fancy Men of Cornwall was the newest popular online game. Really, it was very similar to a lot of the other level grinding massively multiplayer online roleplaying games, however there was a key difference between Fancy Men and something like the World of Warcraft. Actually, there were a handful of differences. The first was that Fancy Men of Cornwall featured some intense virtual reality technology that involved the first interface between an online game and the digital implants that people had to allow them to communicate with technology at a much faster rate. It allowed for amazing virtual reality, allowing users to feel like they really were Fancy Men, or Women of Cornwall. Another big difference was that Fancy Men of Cornwall seemed to have elements of every fantasy genre imaginable, with magic, steampunk, and even cyberpunk elements. The story of Fancy Men of Cornwall was constantly evolving, meaning that the lore changed with almost every patch, this was actually incredibly similar to World of Warcraft, but then again (which was frustrating for anyone who actually tried to roleplay a believable character in such a game). Really, it was the game that swept the nation, the thing that everyone seemed to play.

Felix sighed softly as he plugged himself into the game again. His eyes rolled back and suddenly he felt the cool breeze of Cornwall on the skin of his face, and his bared shoulders. He had chosen a character make where he put a lot more points into agility and dexterity than strength. His make was actually one of the better swordsman makes out there, even if he didn't have the same brutal defense that a lot of tanks had, he had an interesting killing power that most of them didn't have.

He stood silently for a few long moments and looked around the busy bustling town center. He brought his hand up, rubbing his fingers through his short dark brown hair, his eyes, which seemed to be a strange amber color looking over the scene. It looked like there were a lot of players here today. He brought his hand down to rest on his sword for a moment, just to make sure that it as still there, and then he just started to wander around. He was going to have to find a quest. He brought his hands up, cupping them in front of his lips, "Level 25 swordsman, looking for group!"
 
Being a girl who played online games was less unheard of now then it used to be. Still the majority of other women in games tended to be men. With the advent of games like Fancy Men of Cornwall that was somewhat done away with. The implants that allowed you to connect with such ease also identified your gender and automatically equipped you as that for the most realistic game play possible.

So it was that your character tended to start off much as you yourself already were. In the case of Courtney Devay it meant when she signed online her persona reflected her shorter stature and slim build. She was not all jigging breasts and lush full hips. She was lithe and lean and well..small in the top. But that had helped her during her real life in gymnastics and her hopes at going pro with them. Sadly somethings in life were not meant to be. A accident lead Courtney to be off her feet for some time and that had lead her into the game.

FMoC had become her way of coping while she recovered, and after six months she was fully recovered, minus the shot at the Olympics she had so dreamed of, and a full fledged fan of the game. So now she was back in college and helping to teach gymnastics to kids on weeknights and devoted a good bit of time to her character in game.

In FMoC Courtney became the elven thief Cour T'ney, not entirely creative but it was just a play on herself with a more interesting twist. Like everything in the game it was only one or two degrees separated from reality. Part of what made the game so fun for her, it was her but it allowed her to step out of her shyness and be more bold.

Cour T'ney was a masterful thief, agile, lithe, limber and capable of sneaking in and out of places others could not. She was a fair hand with her bow and dagger, but the brute attacks were not her strong suit. Needless to say she always traveled in parties, as her skills made her valuable and their protection meant she'd survive the grinds to level up.

Reality slipped away, she left the confines of her dorm room to slide into the world of the Fancy Men of Cornwall. Wind was blowing and it raised the fine hairs on her arm. Her stomach flipped again with the thrill of how real this place could feel. She closed her eyes and inhaled the air, sweet, clean, fresh just as it should be in such a place.

After her initial moments centering to put her properly in the game Cour T'ney began to look for a party. Brushing off a few lecherous men looking to crawl off to the nearest inn for a bit of their own style of grinding. When she heard a call from what looked like a legitimate player she stepped over. "Greetings! Do you have a companion or mission?"
 
((Here, you get to enjoy my artist's rendition of my character))

Felix hadn't really bothered taking the time to come up with a last name for his character. He had tried to come up with a back story or something. It seemed silly as he looked back at it now though. He looked at his hands for a moment and then blinked looking at the attractive looking elf girl who was walking towards him. He swallowed as he looked at her. Hot. Really, he was surprised. This looked incredibly attractive, but didn't look like it had been doctored like some of the females who he had seen around here who had obviously somehow altered their image. He had seen the girls who had managed to manipulate the image system to come up with girls who looked like they belonged in playboy, but something about the elf girl who was heading towards him seemed realistic, like she was one of the NPC's that wasn't there just for fan service, or like she was someone that he might run into in the real world. He could feel a little bit of heat rising up to his cheeks. He wasn't sure if his blush was visible in the game or not. He was sure that she wouldn't think much of it if it was.

He shook his head to answer both of his questions, "At the moment, I lack teammates and any specific goal. I was hoping to help someone else achieve their goal." That was the way of Cornwall, wasn't it? He had gotten tired of running around and killing little forest animals, and was interested in the idea of running around with someone who had a mission that he could help on. He knew that some people called people who did what he was doing right now leeching, showing up and cashing in a little bit on someone else's mission. It was a good idea. He got to be helpful to someone and he got some good things out of this. He smiled as he looked at her for a few long moments.

Really, he was hoping that she had a mission. Based on her looks she, like him, had focused on agility and dexterity instead of strength, that was the way of thieves, but unlike him she probably didn't have any points to spend on strength at the end of her little adventure. He on the other hand, had spent whatever points he had left over on strength and had been forced to spend a few more points on strength later to have the sword that he had now. It had been hard to handle and cumbersome. Now it was easy to wield, and some of the heavier armor didn't even give him any trouble. Of course, he wasn't all that interested in the heavier armor. At the moment he was happy with what he had here.

The swordsman smiled as he looked at the elf girl, "Do you have some sort of mission that you might need some help to accomplish?" It was the question that she had to know that he would be asking.
 
"I do. It's a twenty third level rogue mission. But I've already had to respawn twice from it. Debt is building up pretty bad. I can get through the traps fine but it's the brute guards at the end that keep killing me."

She laughed a bit and looked over the man. He seemed realistic, not entirely bulked into the conan types that seemed to think they need bulk to impress women and win campaigns. Those were the types that rarely made it to level twenty in her experience. She wanted to have a successful character, this was her second try well...third if she wanted to be honest about it. Like everyone she'd built a character to see what the adult side of things was like here. But like most of the men she met that way it was a lot of build up and no pay off.

Cour T'ney smiled and extnded her hand to the man. "I'd be happy to have you along if you were willing. I'm Cour T'ney from Nesteen Province." Her class and race were obvious but again she was more clothed and practical then many of the over endowed scantily clad women walking by them.

If blushes showed her own would be doing so now. What with all these fantastical figures strolling about she felt very plain.
 
Felix smiled weakly at her introduction. It seemed so much more impressive than anything he had ever come up with before. He took a few long breaths as he looked at her, not sure that there was really anything that he could say that would sound like he was really trying here. He brought his hand up, running his fingers through his hair for a moment and then he held the same hand out to her, "I'm uhh...Felix, and I'm...not very good at roleplay apparently." He chuckled a little bit as he looked at her, hoping that she wouldn't think any less of him because he hadn't been able to come up with some sort of impressive place that he had come from or anything. He brought his hand up again, running his fingers through his hair once more, "Ummm...I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are definitely the most attractive elf I've ever seen here in Cornwall. I mean, you don't look like..." He struggled for words that would be like they were RP, "You don't look like your mother was a succubus." It was the best that he could do, and he knew that she would understand, and she would probably try to give him points for at least trying to RP.

He thought about it for a few moments. Really, other than her introduction she hadn't really tried all that hard. Instead she had been talking about the brutes at the end of the level and how they had killed her and she had to respond. He smiled and nodded a little bit, "Yeah, I know. Those brutes can sometimes be tough." Really, he doubted that there would actually be that much trouble with those brutes given that this was a level 23 mission and he was two levels higher than that, and a swordsman. He had tried to build his character to be able to go through missions all on his own, and while it hadn't worked out like that recently, there was the fact that they would be working together.

There wasn't much else to discuss, "Of course I will help you absolutely as much as I can. Two people will probably be enough for us to take out a couple of brutes, right?" He looked at her for a few long moments, smiling. This would be his first time through this mission, but he was sure that it wouldn't be too hard once he got the hang of it, and she was going to point out all of the traps to him.
 
She laughed, an arm folding around her middle as she did so. Her body did jiggle a tiny bit, but more lightly trembling with her mirth. After a moments laughter she righted herself and drew it down to a smirk.

"It's ok, I'm just used to the role play aspect. It's kind of nice to be able to relax a bit with it. I ran a mission last week with a guy who kept calling me fair maiden and he would be all for sooth!" She rolled her eyes, pretty violet gray shade in this image of herself. Her own were a deep brown naturally but she allowed that much to go up to chance in her elven form. It turned out pretty well.

They were chatting and she got the impression he was a fun and smart guy. someone she could enjoy gaming with when he dropped a comment on her that made her blush furiously. "Yeah...I don't do the hacks. I feel more comfortable in my own skin..more or less. I could never look like," And at the moment a violet haired woman who could have put barbie to shame strolled by wiggling her hips like a church bell on Christmas. "...that." Courtney felt a little intimidated and chuckled, her hand reaching back to scratch along the back of her neck.

"Yeah brutes, I've never been big on the whole close quarters combat thing. I prefer to keep my opponent at a distance. But give me an obstacle, or trap or agility quest and I am there!" She mimed a bit of edge walking and preformed a graceful standing back flip, sticking the landing perfectly, arms out in true gymnast style. Sh realized she was preforming more than perhaps she should and dropped her arms to her side.

"Well then, let me grab the coordinates," She reached into her bag, pulling out a scroll which she handed to him, the physical exchange letting her fingertips brush his and his acceptance plotting the mission point for him to follow. "For the first part you'll want to just follow me. It's the mines to the south, a few bad traps pretty easy to avoid or disarm. Once we get inside, that's when I'll depend more on you."
 
Felix smiled softly. A girl was going to defend him from traps for a little while and then she was going to depend on him, but there were so many other things that he could talk about before that. He smirked and nodded a little bit, "Yeah, I can't be bothered with hacks. They just take too long, and while no one frowns upon the hacks to change appearance, it just doesn't really seem right." He smiled softly, "Besides, it's always funny when I can kick the ass of some muscle head who thought that his big bulky look would actually make him stronger." He chuckled softly at that.

The rest of the story was simple enough. It was exactly what he had thought. No point in actually saying it. If she was going to depend on him he was going to do his best to make sure that faith wasn't misplaced. He sighed softly as he looked at her for a few long moments before he nodded, "Well, we should head out there, right? I mean, that sounds like the way to go..." He brought his hand up. He was just talking gibberish now. They needed to have a different conversation really.
 
They would have a walk ahead of them so Cour T'ney looked around and nodded. "Ok, lets get going." She oriented herself toward the mines and started walking, keeping pace with him which turned out to be surprisingly easy. He was a good walker, probably decently athletic in his own right, at least not the typical game slob she ran into.

"So you look kinda like here? Me too..except you know..brown hair brown eyes and less glamorous." She laughed and fell into small talk sooner than she would have thought. "It's a good look. You're avatar I mean." A complement without being too flirty about it. Thought would flirty be so bad? This was a game after all. "It's kinda hot." Ok that was more bold then she would be in real life, but the game allowed for it.

She smiled and looked at him. "You ever get suckered into the 'lets investigate this house' things? Where it is really just an excuse to go somewhere and knock boots?" Wow where had that come from? She wouldn't normally ask but...well why not? She needed to stop being so uptight. It was jut a game, and he was a cute guy...so why not have some consequence free fun?
 
Felix had been doing reasonably well at keeping quiet. He didn't want to interrupt the girl in her thoughts, and he didn't want to make this adventure to the dungeon or cave, or whatever it was this time to be a bad one. He smiled softly as they walked and then she had started talking again. The mention of his appearance being attractive had caused another deep blush to creep into his cheeks. He felt quite attractive thanks to the little comment there. He looked at her for a few long moments, smiling softly as he thought about it. Well, this was interesting. She was commenting on how attractive he looked, he had already told her that he thought that she was attractive. Wow. This almost seemed like something completely different from an adventure.

He blushed a bit more when she continued, questioning him as to whether or not he had ever been tricked into joining a girl in some sort of mission to investigate something that had ended up turning into a sexual adventure. He rubbed at his nose for a few long moments and then spoke very softly, "Ummm...no...unless that is what this is." He couldn't even look at her when he had suggested that. She'd think he was some sort of sleeze or something and was only interested in her fine, and incredibly sexy body. He took a few long breaths and then looked up again, watching the sky carefully. He spoke up very softly again, "What about you? A girl as attractive as you has obviously had the offer made, right? You ever get pulled away to...knock boots, as you said it?" He bit his bottom lip. This was a bad idea, he was sure it was, but at the same time, it seemed so right, and what was the problem in asking her about it? She had asked him about it.
 
Was he blushing? Either that or her color settings were off, Courtney pulled back form the game enough to check her settings and found they were still correct. So he had been blushing, she grinned and noticed she was actually a bit aroused by that. Outside of the game she'd never really taken the time to notice her bodies reactions, but having been in the position to she noted her breathing, body heating and a certain tingling on her breasts. Well well..that was interesting.

Ingame she had flickered only a moment before she solidified and was smiling curiously to herself. "Hmm? Oh, yeah...ummm. Well my first character only made it to level 12 and she got scrapped. A bad attempt at making a fighter. I learned that's not my thing. So my second I just kinda got...well..a little crazy and made a dancing girl." She did a quick belly dance movement with hands serpentine entwined over her head and a quick figure eight of her hips. "And that one..yeah she got hit on a lot and once or twice I decided what the heck." She shrugged and drew her bow to string it as they walked.

"Oh..but this isn't..I mean I didn't ask you to..." Did he think that was what she had planned? "I didn't bring you along to seduce you!" And now she wondered if that would come off as an insult to him with her hasty and poorly worded defense. "I mean not that you aren't very...well I mean you are...I would...If I knew you. Uhhh you're my type." She began to wonder if she could lose XP by making herself an complete ass.
 
Felix walked silently as he considered all of this. So she wasn't new to the whole sex in Cornwall thing, like he was. He bit his bottom lip as he looked over to her for a few moments. It was too bad that she wasn't still a dancer. He heard that they were incredibly agile and could do some amazing things with their bodies...well, at least the really good ones could. He could tell from the way that she moved around like an athlete that she could do some really amazing things, and really, he was sure that if he got her out of her armor and pressed up against a wall he'd find out just what kind of amazing things that she could do. Well, it was a pity that he wasn't actually likely to get anything like that.

He looked at her for a few long moments, still blushing a little bit, but not actually feeling the same burning sensation in his cheeks. It had died down a little bit when she had mentioned that she hadn't dragged him out here to seduce him. Of course she didn't want to seduce him. He really didn't look that amazing anyway. He was just completely normal. He smiled weakly for a few more moments and brought his hand up, flicking at his forehead. He listened to her as she tried desperately to try and come up with some way of saying 'it isn't you, it's me'. She was trying so hard to make him feel better, but really he just wasn't sure that it was working. In the end was she really interested in him for more than to be a meat shield.

Felix nodded softly before speaking up softly, "Don't worry. I understand. You want to keep things professional and all of that." He forced a smile, doubting that she'd be able to tell that it was forced and then he spoke up softly again, "I guess maybe if I'm lucky enough I'll run into you in your danger avatar one day or something." He smiled softly as they continued their adventure. The point that they were headed to was finally coming up. He knew that they'd soon be on the mission floor. He looked back to her, another wide smile on his face, that he wasn't sure was actually sincere, "Well, you said that you wanted to go in first to take out the traps, right?"
 
Great, just great. Meet what might be the one nice genuine guy in the game and go all foot in mouth. Talk about a -3 on social skill roll. She was failing miserably and smacked herself in the head with the arm of her bow. "Look, Felix. You're cute..I mean..you are..." And she stopped and looked him up and down with a slow look that could not be confused for anything but yearning. "Yeah, you're hot. But I don't want you thinking I am just trying to use you for something. Yes I need help on this mission and you look like you are more than capable of doing it. But aside from that I like what little of you I know so far. I'd like to know more, and if one thing leads to another..." A roll of her wrist to indicate exactly what thing leading to what other she meant. "Well I really don't think I'd be all that opposed to the idea. I'm just not like the tavern sluts who jump on every codpiece that comes along."

She rolled her eyes at the mention of those ladies, and that term was used as loosely as virgin in fan fic. "Besides, I need to stretch out a bit first, would hate for you to miss out on the full effect." This time she snickered and as they neared the darkened menacing maw of the mission she eased herself into a series of walk overs, standing back flips and ending in a split. A couple tumbles later and she was, albeit dusty, now shaking the kinks out of her shoulders and ready to begin.

She stowed her bow across her back and stood to the side of the cavern mouth. "Stay close to me." She pulled his hand to her slim hip to give him a way of keeping pace with her. As she moved he could feel the fluid ripple of muscles through the thin gauzy material of her leggings.
 
Felix had managed not to let her words effect him too much. She had a mission that she was having trouble with and he was the kind of person who could help her. He knew that. He nodded silently. She wanted to keep him happy and make him feel positive so that he didn't abandon her. That didn't make sense given what she was saying though. He smiled softly as he looked at her for a few more moments. He wasn't sure that one thing was going to lead to another, but if she was interested in him, maybe one thing would lead to another. That would be nice. He smiled softly as he looked at the girl, starting the adventure.

He had been doing rally well at keeping the whole image of what they were doing completely professional without any of the personal aspects, and then she had taken his hand and make sure that he was holding her hip as they made their way into the mission. He tried to keep himself calm. At this point it was better to keep his mind focused on the mission at hand instead of the fact that he was holding the hip of an attractive girl and all of the things that something like that could possibly mean. He found himself swallowing rather hard again.

When they had started through the traps, he did his best to watch where her feet fell so that he could follow them exactly. He didn't want to get smacked by some trap, and she knew what she was doing. He took a few long breaths as he continued to walk silently. He kept following her silently. This was ridiculous. He spoke up softly, "So...what kinds of traps are we looking at here?"
 
"We passed two back there. Elven eyes are at a bonus for night vision, I think it's the large vertical slit pupils." Was there really a point in talking about why a fantasy race in a fantasy game might have a better chance of seeing in the dark than another? Probably not, but her geek slipped out a bit on that one. "Or something." She said quickly to cover it up.

Back the way she gestured were two pit traps. Easier to see from this side, near impossible from the other. Anyone walking down the center of the cave would have fallen in, and the bottom was scattered with the cgi equivalent of a dozen bodies of unfortunate victims. "I can point them out if you want..I just didn't want you to get nervous."

She stopped short, causing her to bump back into him and her hand to reach back and grab his hip and thigh to keep him steady. Her hands were strong, her grip firm and she was obviously not just coping a feel. "Ok, bit trickier here, we have blow darts in the walls...see the holes?" She gestured to the walls on each side ahead of them. "How limber are you? We can go under together or I can slink across and make an attempt to disarm." still though her hand had not left him, she was turned back looking at him just over her shoulder from their close quarters.
 
Felix blinked when she said they had already managed to dodge traps. Well, that was a little bit disconcerting since he had figured that she'd tell him about any traps for a little bit of added security. He looked at her carefully for a moment and then suddenly she had stopped and his body was suddenly pressed against hers. He took a long breath as he looked at her for a few long moments, his breathing a little bit short at the face that she had grabbed at his thigh. He looked at her carefully for a few long moments, feeling her hand gripping him. Surely she was going to let go, but she didn't. She just stood there, his body pressed forward against her and her hand gripping his thigh. He took a long breath before whispering very softly, "Um, I could do it. I'm a swordsman. It's all about dexterity and agility for me." He smiled softly, "Do you want to go first and then I'll follow you?"

He was sure that things would work out here. He kept a hold of her hips for a few long moments and then let go of her slowly. He looked forward at the traps for a moment, "Or maybe I'll go first. That could work." He smiled and then crouched a little bit. He'd show off his skills in front of this girl and she'd probably realize that he was even more awesome than she had originally thought he was. He moved suddenly skipping through the trap. The darts shot out and seemed to always just narrowly miss him. He moved quickly and gracefully, almost looking like he was dancing through the trap. It had only taken him a few moments until he had cleared it, and it seemed that he had done so without taking any damage at all. He smiled softly and then looked back at her, "How about that? Pretty good right?"
 
Courtney watched him partially dance his way through the trap and slapped herself int he face. She dropped and slithered under quickly, keeping her bottom just below the range of the darts until she could get to the other side and tackled the bigger man. She flung him down, one hand clamping over his mouth as she gave him a look to shut up.

A blade spun out from the rock wall he'd just been standing in front of. If she hadn't taken him down he surely would have been half the man he started as. "Well maybe I should draw you a map, huh twinkle toes?" She said in a hushed voice. "Don't get ahead of me, I don't want you dying in here too."

She peered up and now the sound of taunting ogre voices could be heard just around the corner from where they were, not only that but there were more of them this time, of course she reset the mission with aid and a higher level at that, which would mean the difficultly level would increase. She realized she was laying atop him and grinned a bit down at him. "Nice moves though, like to see you on a mat." She eased off him and held out a hand to help him to his feet. Now the the trap had been sprung they were safe in this chamber. It was the next one that could be tricky.

She held up four fingers, then listened again and amended it to five. And made an expression to indicate ogres, in other words an extremely stupid one while mimicking smashing things with a big stick. She drew out a rough shape int he dusty floor to show the room layout. No traps here but still the ogres would rip her apart all too easy.
 
Felix looked at the girl who had pinned him down to the ground. He was actually a little bit worried. It seemed that she really was upset with him, but at the same time this was really nice. He smiled softly as he looked at her for a few more moments and then she signed to tell him that there were five ogres around the corner that they were going to have to deal with. He smiled softly at that, remembering that the ogres were the problem that he was supposed to deal with. He sat up against the wall, bringing his hand down to pull out his sword slowly. He looked at the girl for a few long moments, smiling softly. Really, he was feeling actually quite silly about this now. What was the goal of this mission? Was he supposed to deal with the ogres, or just keep their attention long enough for her to achiever the actual goal? They should have discussed strategy when they were talking about whether or not they had fucked anyone. He stared at her for a few long moments.

This was the part that he was in charge of. He closed his eyes thinking about it for a few long moments. He had a few answers. He looked at her for a moment and then pulled a small object out of his pack. It was what appeared to be a round ball, and looked almost like some form of grenade. He threw it into the room quickly and covered the girl's eyes. There was a flash of light and then suddenly he had moved into the room. It was an item that he had been keeping around for situations like this one, the sort of situation where he knew that there was going to be a problem and he didn't really want to have to deal with it, at least not a full strength. He moved quickly, running out into the room his sword ready.

The Ogres had been stunned by the blast, and Felix had managed to cut two of them down before they had even realized what was going on. The remaining three ogres didn't seem to take too kindly to any of this and had managed to recover from the stun. Felix remained in his offensive position. He needed to fight these ogres and keep them off of his new friend, Cour. He knew that she'd be in to help him as soon as she realized what was going on.
 
Felix seemed as agile in combat as he was in ducking the darts. She had to admit she was impressed. Watching him move was a pleasure, fluid grace..lithe and supple..no wasted energy like the behemoths that looked like the stepped out of a body building catalog. He was really something, the way he was cutting down those ogres..SHIT!

She leaped up and knocked an arrow, taking a bead on one of the remaining bad guys she lose a an arrow. It sunk deep in the base of the things skull, right to the fletching and the arrow tip protruded through it's neck. The thing lumbered about stupidly for a moment but a crit hit like that was taking it down for sure. It grabbed at it's pierced neck and fell forward with a loo of complete shock on it's face.

She loosed another pair of arrows but only succeeded in driving another of the ogres to his knees, the last one standing seeing her and programed to recognize her lower stats, turned toward her with a bellow of computer synthesized rage. "Ohhhh Shit! SHITSHITSHIT!" Bad agro! bad agro! She backed but there was the solid rock face of the cave behind behind her, she was going nowhere and she cringed grabbing for her dagger determined to at least stab the thing before she respawned...for all the good it'd do.
 
Felix had been impressed with the girl's shots. A critical hit, and a rather solid hit on another one. He moved after the one that she had taken to it's knees. Taking a quick sweeping motion to make sure that it was done in. He then turned quickly to see the final Ogre bearing down on the girl. That was not good. He turned quickly and made a dash. He needed to get there in time to save the girl, or all of this would have been for nothing.

The ogre brought his big hand up, ready to bring it down on the girl with a deafening strike. He was angry, and understandably so. She had shot his teammates and had attempted to kill him. He wasn't going to stand for anything like that. He was about to bring his hand down to strike the girl down once and for all when Felix's sword pierced through the ogre's chest, stopping short of actually hitting the girl. He drew his sword from the ogres body and took a step back, making sure to pull the ogre back so that it didn't fall on top of the girl. His breathing was a little bit labored as he looked the girl over for a few moments and then sheathed his sword. He looked at her for a few long moments and then spoke very softly, "You still okay?"

He watched her for a few more moments and then spoke up softly again, "Sorry about that. I didn't figure that they'd come after you so quickly." He smiled as he looked at her for a few long moments. This was fun. He brought his hand up, tracing his fingers through his hair for a few moments, "I'm glad you're safe."
 
"AAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!"

The unflattering sound of a high pitch scream filled the air, sadly it was her own voice that so deafened her as the giant gnarled hand of the ogre brought it's club down on her. She was done for, she cursed these missions and prepared for the dismal gut wrenching jerk back to her spawn point when the Ogre froze. His motion stopped so suddenly Courtney thought there must be a glitch in the game. She suddenly saw the reason as the point of a blade glinted from it's chest and only a couple inches shy of her own.

A deep sigh of relief as the beast fell away and there stood her hero, breathing slightly heavy from his exertion, sheened in sweat that made his arms and bare skin glow. God he was hot! "Man I never thought I'd be glad to have small breasts" Hand over her chest where, had she been like many other game females, she'd be cut to ribbons right now. He was talking to her and she was just dumbly nodding away in response, when he smiled she just did that melting thing that only women can do so well. She swooned and jumped at him, not to save him this time just out of sheer thanks and a more than moderate attraction. "Man I never thought I'd be glad to have small breasts" Hand over her chest where, had she been like many other game females, she'd be cut to ribbons right now

Her lips found his and she gave him a fast but heated kiss before she let go and stepped back. "Thanks, I thought I was a gonner for sure." She smiled, and sheathed her dagger. "Well after this there is another series of traps, two of those big mutant lizard things and then the treasure room. I only need a couple specific things from there so you can get all the spoils you like. I seriously owe you that." Or if he wanted other rewards...she blushed at the thought but it was hard to deny the little adventure so far had affected her in a pretty serious way.
 
Last edited:
Felix had been surprised when the girl had suddenly lunged at him, pressing a passionate kiss against his lips. He was surprised and had been knocked over onto the ground under the girl's lunge. She had gotten up after the kiss and sheathed her dagger and then had given him an idea of the other things that he was likely to be facing. He took a long and shaky breath, trying to keep his hormones under check. He really didn't have much interest in the look from the end of the adventure. It was more likely to be stuff for her class than it was to be anything that he could use. Of course if there was another one of those light bombs...but what was the chance that there would be one of those? Well, he supposed that there could be a reasonable chance that something like that might show up, after all, he could imagine rogues using those. He smiled softly as he looked at her for a few moments and then rubbed at his forehead.

He slowly pushed himself up and then looked over to her. Still, the fact that she had offered him the treasure that she didn't need. He shook his head slowly. There was really no chance that there would be something in the treasure he wanted, but there might be something that she could give him. He smiled softly as he thought about it for a few long moments. She wouldn't be interested in that though. He sighed softly as they continued to the next room, the room that she said was all about traps.

His eyes looked at her for a moment before motioning to the space in front of him. He smirked softly before speaking up softly, "I guess I'll follow you again." He had learned the lesson last time.
 
"Great." Courtney lead them through the room, the remains of the ogres not worth pilfering if you were past level five. Sure when you were just starting out whatever skins or coins they had might be a godsend, but the higher levels they were just an annoyance factor. The door was a large slab of rock, one that would only be moved by sheer strength or a good lock pick skill. Why lock picking worked with rock she had no idea, but it was a catch all for the class of rogue/thief.

"One second here..." She leaned against the rock, her arm going shoulder deep into the crevasse next to it. She made an expression of concentration, her tongue held between her teeth as she manipulated the rope that controlled the counter balance for the rock door. "Almost got it." She gave a final tug and the sound of grinding rock echoed through the small chamber. The vibrations could be felt in her body and she gasped a bit with the way it tingled through her in very delightful places.

"Always so....interactive." She played it off with a chuckle and lead him on unto the trapped corridor. This time it was swinging pendulums of deadly blades, their agility could possibly get them through but a skill full disarm trick had the big blade locked into their places in the walls.

"Crushing walls, no disarm, we just have to hustle."
Her hand clamped down onto his and she ran head long through the tunnel. Sure enough there was a sudden crack of noise as part of the wall clapped together behind them. Courtney dragged Felix along to the end of the tunnel the last section of rock slamming closed inches after their heels.

"Ok, beyond this door are the lizard things, their too quick for my bow to be of much good. I'm really not going to be a lot of help on this one except maybe as a distraction."
 
The vibrations as the stone door moved up were kind of interesting. For a few moments he felt like the floor was suddenly going to give up under his feet, or the roof was going to come tumbling down, but it seemed that neither had actually happened. He had almost lunged at her to take her to the ground and defend her when he heard her gasp, but it seemed that she actually wasn't in any real danger, so he lowered his guard again. Really, he wasn't quite sure what the gasp had been about, but supposed that maybe since she had been closer to the door than he had, that the vibrations had been a bit stronger for her. He had considered only for a moment that she might have been more worried about the place crashing down around them, but quickly realized what had likely happened. From what he had heard and seen, the 'toys' that girls had often had a vibrating feature to add sensation. Perhaps the vibrations had run all the way up and down her body, in which case, her gasp wasn't really one of fright or shock, but of an entirely different, and infinitely more interesting sensation.

He wasn't given much time to think about it as the next hallway came into view. This actually looked quite frightening, at least what he could see of it was frightening. He was sure that if there were any pitfalls along the way that he would probably fall into them and that would be the point where he had to respawn in town and then make his way all the way back here, at which point he'd find out that she had been torn apart by a monster that he hadn't been there to defend her from. Of course, that was just the idea of the pitfalls. The bladed pendulums that were going back and forth were frightening in their own right. Something like that could cut his character in half and then he'd also have to respawn and make his way all the way back, and really, he didn't want to disappoint the attractive elf woman that he was adventuring with.

Felix had watched as she managed to disarm the blade pendulums and then suddenly she had grabbed his wrist and pulled him along at what felt like mach speed trying to beat walls that were attempting to close in on them to crush them and turn them into some sort of human jam...well, a special elf an human jam medley of some sort he supposed with her being an elf and all. As luck would have it, they had managed to narrowly dodge all of the closing walls. Felix was also quite glad that this hadn't been Indiana Jones, as they wouldn't have had the time for him to save his hat.

A long breath that Felix hadn't been aware he was holding in slowly slipped past his lips as he looked over to the girl he was adventuring with. It looked like they had managed to avoid certain death again. Astounding. He smiled softly before bringing his hand up and brushing his fingers through his hair. All of this seemed to be working out rather well so far.

That was when she had mentioned the lizard things and how they were fast, probably similar makes to him. Well, that wasn't really all that bad, after all, he was going to have two levels on them. He took a long breath before looking back to Cour again. She was offering to be a distraction. The moment she had mentioned it, he imagined her dancing in and doing a little striptease or something, the plan being for him to slip around and stab the monsters in the back of the neck. It was a phenomenally bad plan, because he imagined that the moment she started her little dance he would probably lose focus on what it was that he was supposed to be doing and just find himself staring at her helplessly. He was sure that wasn't the way she was planning on distracting them though.

Still, he could imagine all of the dangers that were inherent with her being a distraction. If she ran around she could get cut down and have to respawn, or, if the AI was feeling particularly perverse something worse could happen to her and she could end up not respawning, which wasn't something that he really wanted to have to watch. Of course he was sure that nothing like that would happen. It wasn't like the AI had any interest in that sort of thing, right? Well, maybe if she started doing a little strip dance they'd react like that, but he doubted that they'd react like that if she rushed in and flapped her arms around like a chicken or something, the way he was sure that she actually planned to distract them.

He closed his eyes and nodded a little bit, "Alright...I'll try and sneak around and stab them in the back. You distract them so that they don't see me coming until I'm behind them." It was a sound plan, even though he wasn't an assassin class character. He just had to wait for her to start her distraction and then he'd slip in.
 
(So sorry! Never noticed this post go up till I checked back today! Apologies!)

Somehow the idea of enticing slathering lizard things by getting all suggestive made her stomach turn. No she had planned on something a bit more straightforward. She would move and move fast. She was agile enough, she hoped anyway, to be able to dodge the creatures while her companion took them out. She looked him over, his attire would allow him to hide in shadows well enough, her own..well that would require some modification.
Her skin was pale with a bluish tint to it so it did stand out like moonlight on the stone walls, but she kept herself more or less covered to diminish the effect. Now what she needed was flexibility and freedom of movement. "Hang on a second, I need to do something." Her shoes were soft soled flats so they were fine, but the pants, those she slithered out of, shimmying them down her hips. She was covered underneath about the same extent as any bathing suit would offer but in a natural fabric that had a slight iridescence to it. She unbuttoned her jacket and shucked that aside as well, both being tucked into her small satchel.
The top underneath clung to her slim form, again she was not the impossible figure of some players but she looked every bit as lithe and limber as the job she was to undertake required. Cour took a moment to stretch herself out, One leg reaching up and over her head with the assistance of her hand cupping the heel, the other did the same and a few more bends and twists and she nodded.
"Ok. I don't know how long I can out run them, but with their taste for elf flesh I know I'll pretty well have their attention. Good luck, and please Felix, be careful." She paused, looking like she might like to say more, stretched and press a kiss to his cheek. For luck it seemed and then she stepped into the room beyond.
It was similar to the earlier map layout, so often they were. Two large nearly quadrapedial lizard things with misshapen bodies stood waiting for the room to be triggered. Which is was in short order by an elven cry as Cour leaped in to the room. She waited to ensure she had their attention before moving. Watching to see that the animals attacked in a similar pattern, not programmed to be smart enough to outflank her.
"Come on agro." She muttered and spun as the first made a lunge for her, that spin brought her within range of lizard thingie number two which she dipped her body low to avoid the large ferociously clawed hand of. She twisted and shot out a leg to catch thing one in the knee while she scuttled between the legs of thing two. Now that she had their attention she could draw them to the back of the room and let Felix enter unseen and safe.
 
((It's alright. I should have told you that I had posted when you didn't respond.))

He blushed as he watched the girl as she stripped out of her pants and jacket. He really hadn't expected her to start getting out of clothing so that she could move more quickly. He supposed that he shouldn't be blushing too much, after all, she was still wearing clothes. It wasn't like she was stripping naked in front of him or anything like that, though he could imagine that happening in the future. He smiled softly at that thought. It was actually quite a nice one. Would she be interested in anything like that? He really wasn't sure that she would be. She seemed to be the kind of girl that would be more into things that weren't kinky cyber sex. He really needed to clear his mind of things like that at the moment though. He needed to be focused on being a hero and stopping her from getting killed. That was the first rule here.

Felix smiled weakly as he watched the girl move suddenly into the room, scooting in to the back of the room, trying to get the attention of the lizard monstrosities. He needed to move quickly if he was going to help the girl. He stepped in when he was sure that they wouldn't notice and used his added speed and agility to run up quickly and sink his sword into the neck of the closest monster. It let out a long cry of pain as his sword pushed into it's skin, thick blood that seemed to be an inky black shooting out at him from the wound that he had pressed into it's flesh. He narrowed his eyes and then found the first problem. It seemed that his sword had become lodged rather thoroughly inside of the creature, and it's scales were making it rather difficult.

He sighed softly and then turned suddenly to the other monster. He didn't have time to struggle with getting his sword out of this monster. He drew his dagger out. He was going to need a little bit more help from her to actually take down the lizard monster. He lunged forward with a loud battle cry. If he couldn't get the monster to die he could probably get it off of her.
 
Back
Top