Love. Version 2.1 (closed for thewhiteone)

Bluemage

Fukeneh
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Posts
15,658
Felix sighed silently as he moved through all of the junk of the junkyard. His boss was always trying to cut corners by getting materials super cheap from the scrapyard and just buffing them up a little bit to look new, or cannibalizing them for parts that did work and whatnot. He really hadn't understood it since he was sure that they spent more time pulling apart the old parts than what they salvaged was really worth. Well, if they wanted to spend all of this time pulling stuff apart, he supposed that he couldn't really argue. He was getting paid to search through the junkyard for scrap metal, and he had already found a fair number of trinkets in here that he had kept, another perk of this job that he enjoyed. He brought his hand up and rubbed at his forehead for a moment. Well, he really hadn't found anything so far.

That was really a lie. He had found enough junk to keep his employer busy, and he had found the parts that he had been sent here to get, but on this trip he hadn't found anything that he could take back and claim as his own, and he was starting to believe that he wouldn't. That was until he had stumbled upon something that really didn't look like it belonged in the junk yard.

What Felix had found appeared to be a girl dressed in purple rags tho had been dumped here like some sort of corpse. he sighed softly and brought his hand down to his side, pulling out the weapon that he kept in a holster strapped to his leg. He took a long breath as he advanced on her, looking around and keeping his guard up. This wasn't the kind of situation that he was used to, and he was starting to expect that a lot of horrible things were likely to happen if he stayed with this girl for any length of time. He decided that he really wanted to see what would happen with that.

He pulled the girl along to the sled that was being pulled along by his scooter. He brought her up, sliding her into the back, and then considered this for a moment. It wasn't like he could just scoot out of here with what appeared to be an unconscious woman in the back of his card. He decided to move the other pieces to hide her under what was there. This would probably be the best way. Once he got her back to the shop he'd figure everything out. That was really what he needed to do. Sal would probably think that he was creepy, bringing a dead girl back, and really, it probably wasn't the best idea when it came down to it, since it could lead to more trouble for them. Things would work out, he was sure...if she had been dumped in the junkyard there had to be a reason. Maybe he could figure out what it was.
 
Deselica
(minus skull thing on head, longer sword, ears about half shown length, normal eyebrows)

Earlier:

Deselica sat in the library that had been constructed especially for her, studying a magic tome.

Deselica was not your average elf, in fact, appearances a side, she if fact had very little elf in her. Deselica was a weapon. She was a synthesis of magic, machine, and biological perfection. Her organic parts were genetically perfected by taking parts from other races and grafting them into her base elven DNA. She had the spell resistance of a drow, the breath weapon of every dragon, the magic talent of the elves, the supernatural beauty of the nymph, the seductiveness of a succubus, the wings of an angel (usually retracted), the list went on and on...

Her bones had been fused with the strongest metal in existence, much of her insides had been infused with technology, as had her senses. She was not a cyborg, cyborgs had machinery replace organic. She was born with it, and it grew with her like any other part of her body. It was far more advanced than even what the militaries used as well.

Magic wards and powers had been infused into her during her creation. And with the DNA of several epic drow and high elf wizards, sorcerers, clerics, and druids, all magic came easily to her. Her armor and weapons where both magical and technological. She could summon or unsummon them with but a though.

Her purpose? To recover ancient artifacts, capture powerful beings for horrific rituals, and anything her goddess, her mother, commanded her to. Shar, the goddess of entropy, destruction and nihilism, came to the world and took the girl while she was no larger than an elf's fist, and took her into her womb, infusing her with a tiny portion of her own essence. Once she was born and weened, Shar returned her to her servants whom had created the girl.

Deselica was to one day help her mother destroy the universe. But that was far in the future. Right now she could only blow a mountain up.

The whole base shook.

That was very bad, to have shaken a subterranean base, someone powerful must have arrived, and they weren't friendly.

Deselica teleported a thousand feet above the surface...only to come face to face with an avatar of her mother's twin sister. Deselica didn't stand a chance. She didn't even get to call out to her mother or scream in agony as the holy godly staff connected with her head, sending her limp corpse flying miles and miles away. A full half her head was crushed, and a quarter of her body was seared by holy energy.

She landed in a scrap yard, and her body began to slowly heal the fatal wound. Her armor was unsummoned by the staff's blow, leaving only her extravagant and ruinously expensive purple clothes (now shredded) and equally exquisite and expensive jewelry on her inert form.

What only a few knew, was that every thing that a deity had a hand in creating, had to have one major flaw. Deselica's flaw was that there was one person on this plane, somewhere, to whom she would instantly bond to, should they meet. She would instantly regard this one person as her best friend, and that one person would hold tremendous influence with the girl. And it was impossible to locate this one person with divination magics, even by a goddess...
 
Last edited:
Felix took a long breath as he looked at the girl for a moment. Making it out of the junk yard wasn't all that difficult. He had managed to keep the girl secret until they had made it back to the shop, and he had done a good job of sneaking her into his private shop before dumping off the materials that Sal had wanted. This might not have been as bad as he thought it was going to be.

He took a long breath as he looked over her in her tattered rag clothes. He bit his bottom lip. He really didn't know the first thing about this sort of thing. He brought his hand up and poked at her shoulder for a moment. It seemed that she was still unconscious, or dead, or whatever it was that she was. He frowned as he looked at her for a few more moments. Maybe if he had the parts that he needed he could somehow save her or something, but really, he had never heard of anyone bringing someone back to life.

He sighed softly and then sat down, looking at her carefully for a few more long moments. This was difficult. He stared at the girl for a few moments. He wasn't even sure why he had bothered bringing her back now. He closed his and took a long breath before slumping his body back a little bit against a wall. He wasn't sure why he had done this at all, but he supposed if it got to the worst possible situation with this if she had any implants he could probably at least salvage those. It seemed like such a dirty idea though.

It was then that he stopped. Well...he had heard about a whole lot of weird stories where a princess would be cursed and that she would only wake up to love's true kiss. He smiled as he thought about that a little bit. Well, there was like no chance that something like that was going to happen...then again, what was the harm in trying? He moved over to the girl, leaning over her a bit, looking at her face. He bit his bottom lip for a moment as he looked at her. He had to do something. He then leaned down and placed a soft kiss against the girl's lips.
 
By the time the boy had found her, the seared flesh had mostly healed, only the area struck remained black. Her skull and brain had been largely repaired as well, though it was still a fatal wound. She did not breath, nor did she have a pulse.

As the young man surveyed her corpse in safety, it was easy to tell she had been a ravishing elven beauty, the kind that made every head turn, regardless of race or gender.

Not a moment after his lips touched hers, she took a deep breath, and exhaled. She began to breath, and her heart began to beat.

Had those portions of her brain been repaired at just that moment, or had it been like the stories of old?

As he watched, if he watched closely, he could just barely notice her wounds healing now, before hand, he would not have been able to notice it at all.
 
Felix blinked and pulled away from the girl. Something about that kiss seemed to have made her come back to life. At least her lungs seemed to be working anyway. He stared down at her for a few moments, smiling softly and then considered the situation that he was in a little bit further. He had just magically brought a girl back to life with a kiss. How ridiculous was that? Should he tell Sal? Would Sal believe him? Would it matter? He smiled softly before looking back down to the girl. This was just crazy.

He sat down for a moment, trying to figure out what to do next. Really, he didn't know. He could always go back to working or something. He did have some parts to clean, and some scrap to take apart. He sighed and pulled out his sidearm again, leaving it on a table as he went over to the things that he had been working on before, pulling apart a machine that Sal insisted had a fan that was still perfectly good in it...like they really needed to pull the whole thing apart just to get the fan. Fans were cheap...but apparently, Sal was cheaper.

Felix coughed into his hand for a moment after the machine that he had been pulling apart shot out a puff of noxious smelling smoke. Vile. He really hated having to take a lot of this stuff apart. It always made awful noises or shot smoke, or soot, or something in his face, and he always ended up having to wear his goggles. He pulled them down finally so that at the very least, if anything shot out of this it wouldn't come rocketing up at his eyes, but really, he wasn't very enthusiastic about this anymore.

The part couldn't be worth all of the work that he was going through to get it. Would Sal know if he took a trip out to a store and bought the damn thing? Yeah...he would...he'd know somehow. He always knew.
 
Twenty minutes or so passed as her body healed more rapidly now that she was breathing and her heart was beating.

"Mmmm..." she murmured softly, as she began to stir, her wounds almost fully healed.

Her eyes fluttered open revealing eyes the same shade of purple as her hair...and glowing white pupils. She began to look around, confused and seemingly innocent.
 
He continued to work on the object in front of him for a few more long moments and then finally rolled his head slightly to work out the stresses in his neck. This was silly. He looked over his shoulder, looking at the girl for a moment, and then smiled weakly. He wasn't sure that she was actually awake or not from the spot that he was sitting, since he had put her on a table. He turned his goggle covered eyes back to what he was working on before, smiling before adjusting his hat.

He really wasn't sure what he was going to do if she woke up. She'd probably want food and water, and really he wasn't sure he had either of those things. He took a long breath before slowly pushed himself up to a standing position. He looked over to her for a long moment before speaking softly, "You awake?" He smiled softly as he looked at her for a few more moments.
 
Her mind was cloudy, confused. She was trying identify where she was, to remember...anything. She smelled something vile, and wrinkled her nose.

The voice startled her, she bolted up right, her eyes darting toward the source...only to roll up into her head as she blacked out from the sudden movement.
 
He watched her for a moment and then suddenly she had fallen back onto the table, apparently losing consciousness once again. He looked at her for a moment and then simply shook his head, "Alright..." He then made the venture out. He was going to need to get her food and water, and he was sure that Sal would at least have water, and probably food. Sal looked like he had food.

He had left for maybe about five or ten minuted before returning with a canteen full of water and a sandwich. These were the kind of things that he'd eat, so she'd probably be happy with it, right? Why not. He smiled softly, putting them on a plate and resting them on another table. If she woke up again he'd give them to her, but he wasn't sure how long that was going to take.
 
Her wound had fully healed by the time he returned. No sooner than he had set the food and drink down did she begin to stir again.

Her eyes fluttered open once more, spotting the man who startled her. What happened after that? She couldn't remember.

"Wha-what happened? Where am I?" she asked him confusedly, her voice as perfect as her beauty, you could almost feel its divine perfection. She made no effort to get up, only knowing the last time she did, she apparently lost consciousness.
 
Last edited:
He smiled softly as he looked over to her for a moment and then lifted his goggles so that his clear green eyes could look over her for a moment, "Well, I found you in the junkyard, and then I brought you here. You looked like you were in pretty bad condition back then...but now it looks like you somehow fixed yourself all up...you know magic or something?" He chuckled and shook his head, bringing his hand up to rub at his forehead, "What am I talking about, you're an elf. Of course you know magic." He looked her over for a moment again. Really, she had some very nice curves. He couldn't believe that he had found a girl like this somewhere in the junk yard.

He shrugged again before looking at her for a few more moments, "So...you don't know how you ended up in the junkyard?" He brought her the food and water that he had brought down for her.
 
"A junkyard?!"

She tried to remember what she was doing in a junkyard, but came up blank. In fact, she could barely remember anything.

Magic he said...Yes she knew magic...lots of it, powerful magic...she almost could remember the spells...all but a meager handful however remained elusive, just out of her mental reach. She had vague memories of a vast library...her's, or at least that was the vague feeling she got.

"Magic...yes, I know magic, but...I just can't remember it...I have no memory of any junkyard."


He brought her something to eat and drink.

She slowly sat up as she tried to remember. As she did so, her tattered garment revealed more of her flesh, including one fully exposed perfect breast with a nipple the same color of her hair and eyes. And she didn't seem to realize it.

A sandwich. Water.

One thing she remembered clearly was the food and drink she was used to. This was most certainly not up to her standards.

As she stared at the food and drink, she actually began to have the "Your not seriously offering me this?" expression...when she finally noticed her breast...and the state of her once extravagant dress.

"My dress..." she said instead, utterly horrified at the state of her beautiful dress...and then the flesh she had visible. After a few moments of staring in utter horror, she finally snapped out of it and quickly covered herself as best she could with her hands.
 
Felix looked at her for a moment while she shifted up, and when her breast came into view he quickly found himself looking very intently at his shoes. This was silly. Her face had an expression on it like the sandwich and water weren't good enough. Considering that he had saved her from the junkyard, he really thought that anything that he came up with would continue to make him a hero. He sighed softly before quickly looking up at the ceiling. He'd have to make the situation here clear.

"Listen, I don't have a lot of money. I'm just a humble engineer...a repairman. I'm not really anything special." He looked back to her again, his eyes set on hers, "What I do know was that you were in the junkyard in some pretty bad shape, and then I brought you here, and you got better." He stared at her for a moment, "I don't know where you came from before your experience in the junkyard, but I know that the junkyard is where I found you. I may not be some prince, or some hero, but I could have left you there and I didn't..."

His hands moved to the vest that he was wearing. He undid the buttons at the front that held it closed and then shifted it off of his shoulder, revealing the only partly done up white shirt that was beneath. He then handed her the black vest, "Here. It isn't some beautiful dress, but at least it's something, just like the water and the sandwich. Take it, don't take it, eat it, don't eat it, whatever, but it's really all I have to offer you."

It was a problem that Felix had been struggling with for a rather long time. He really just didn't like elves as much as he liked other people, and she was showing him the exact reason why. They were always so high and mighty and they always looked at him with those eyes that held a bit of pity and a lot of disgust. He didn't like them very much and now he was stuck with one. He rubbed his forehead and turned away from her to go back to what he had been doing before "Sorry that I'm not one of your noble elf princes or something..." He bit his bottom lip, hoping the subject wouldn't continue too much more, after all, the look of disgust and pity usually got worse when they found out that he was a half elf.
 
She felt ashamed of herself. This man had apparently found her in a junkyard of all places, and taken her in. Judging by the way his eyes had darted to his shoes, he hadn't taken advantage of her while she was unconscious. She should be thanking him, not looking down on what he offered her...even if it was far below what she was used to.

She accepted the vest with one hand, keeping the other over her breast.

"I'm...I'm sorry, you're right, my behavior was inexcusable. You offered me your hospitality and I gave you insult," she apologized when he had his back turned, her face burning with shame, even as she slid the vest on.

"I may very well owe you my life, please accept my sincere apology and my gratitude for your help."

She waited for his reaction, wondering if his offer of food and drink still stood as her stomach gave an audible growl.
 
Felix found himself staring at what he had been working on. He could still feel the anger boiling up in the back of his mind. He had done his best to save her and to be a hero and she had nothing going on in her head except for negative thoughts about things that he had no control over. He closed his eyes and took a long breath as he played the apology back in his head for a moment. He supposed it was sincere.

He slowly pushed himself up to his feet, dusting himself off a bit, "You should try and get that food and water into you. There's no way of telling how long you were in the junkyard, and I know how magic can leave the body drained." He was still doing his best not to look at her. She was an elf. If he looked at her he'd probably find those same pity filled eyes that they always showed him. He was too tired to deal with that. He brought his hand up, rubbing at his forehead, "I'll go see if I can find anymore clothes for you, or at least something that you can use to cover yourself..."

With magic, he assumed that if he found any moderate amount of fabric she could use some strange spell to weave it into something that she could wear. Magic was crazy like that, and while he didn't particularly like the elves, he knew that when it came to magic there were very few who were better versed. He sighed as he made the journey outside.

It hadn't taken him long at all before he had come back with several pieces of fabric. Once piece appeared to be a cloak, and he knew that she could wear that over her rags and conceal whatever she wanted to hide. The rest of it was just pieces of fabric ranging from large to small. He set it all down in a pile on a table and looked over to her for a brief moment before looking back to his things again, "Here is some cloth and some clothes and whatnot. I don't know if you can make clothes or something with your magic. I just figured I'd bring you what I could."
 
He was avoiding looking at her still, perhaps her apology hadn't been good enough?

He was right, she needed the food, regardless of her standards, as her stomach made clear as well. After he left, she devoured the sandwich and chugged the glass of water. She knew any other time she would have been horrified at the though of such coarse behavior, but her stomach wasn't giving her a choice in the matter.

She had time to think before he would return, so she tried to remember what happened to her. Where was she from? Was anyone looking for her? She couldn't remember.

The man said she had been badly injured, but somehow healed herself. The state of her dress seemed to validate that. Had she been attacked? Had they been trying to kill her, or was it a mugging gone wrong? She was rich, she knew that.

Her thoughts turned to the man who had helped her. He said he was a lowly repairman, and a poor...monetarily wise one at that. She remembered he clear green eyes, his smile, the sound of his chuckling, the way he looked admiringly at her...and then his look and voice after she offended him. It bothered her...it bothered her a lot. She like his initial attitude toward her a lot more. When he came back she would thank him again, maybe find something to help him with.

Come to think of it, what was his name? She would have to ask him, hopefully he had not mentioned it and she forgot it.

When he came back, she gave him a smile. It was a small one, but a genuine one. He handed her a cloak, clearly a cheap one, but it was feminine.

"Thank you," she said softly.

He laid out the other clothe, it was pieces of varying sizes, mostly purples like her dress was. He figured she would be able to use magic to make herself a dress or at least something to cover herself till she could get one.

Magic.

"Stupid!"
she smacked her forehead, "Why in the Seven Heavens didn't I think of that!"

She closed her eyes muttered a few arcane words as she made a few gestures before touching her tattered dress. Within a second, the dress was restored to its former royal splendor, perfectly complimenting her exquisite gold jewelry. That simple spell was one of the few she remembered.

"Yes!" she said gleefully as she slid his vest off, setting it on the table as she stood. As she did so, he saw that the dress had been perfectly designed for her and her alone. It complemented everything about her, her every curve, her every move, her cleavage was tastefully displayed.

Taking a few steps from the table, she gave him a twirl, followed by a glowing smile.

Then her eyes widened in sudden realization, "Oh..." her fingers covered her mouth. She had just realized she had made his trip pointless.

"Umm..." she paused, her cheeks heating, before she shyly picked up the cloak he had brought her and slid it on, giving him an embarrassed and shy "Please don't be mad" smile.

He could easily tell the cloak clearly took away from the dress's splendor, but she was trying.
 
Last edited:
Felix had watched her as she had used her magic to repair her dress. He then watched her as she suddenly tried to make him not feel useless by donning the cloak, even though it detracted from the final look. He shook his head, "Don't bother." He closed his eyes and sat back against a wall, facing her now. His head fell back to rest against the wall, staring up at the ceiling for a long moment, "It would have been nice if you had done that from the beginning or told me that you could do that, unless you were intentionally trying to show me your body."

This was awkward. Give him a piece of machinery and he could take it apart, clean it, fix it, and move on to the next piece in record time. Give him a girl, he had no idea what to do. If the girl was an elf, then he had a good chance of just sitting there staring at her awkwardly, expecting her to explode on him for some random reason that he hadn't been told about yet. He bit his bottom lip. He didn't like that really.

He looked back to her for a long moment, "So...do you want me to take you someplace, see if anyone knows you? I mean, it could be dangerous if the people who were trying to leave you dead in the junkyard find out that you are not in the junkyard, and...you know...alive. If you'd rather we keep all of this a secret, then I'll let you stick around me and stuff, but in that case, really, you might want to tone down on your flashy look. Obviously a girl like you doesn't hang around a guy like me." His eyes were kind of tired. He had been running over the problem in his head for a while now, and didn't have an answer.
 
"I'm sorry..." she said, "I didn't remember the spell until you mentioned using magic to make the fabric into a dress. I can't seem to remember much before waking up here."

She sighed as she slid the cloak off, setting it on the table, "All I remember is that I was wealthy, extremely wealthy, I think I had a massive library magical texts. I knew many spells...but now its like...how can I put it."

She paused for a moment before continuing, "Its like having them on shelves...and almost all of them are just close enough to touch, but not close enough to take them down and look at them."

*sigh*

"There so many of them...its hard to even remember what they all are..."
she plopped herself down on the chair in a most unroyal fashion, looking utterly melancholy and dejected, "I just can't remember...I just don't know..."
 
He looked at her for a long moment. She looked like she needed a hug, but he wasn't sure that she'd appreciate being hugged by him, a dirty technician. He took a long breath before sitting down again, looking at her carefully, "Sounds like it would be the most frustrating thing imaginable, especially with you being an elf." He stared at her for a few long moments and then pushed himself up. What did she want him to do?

He slowly moved towards her so that he was standing right in front of her. He wasn't sure what he could do for her, but he knew there were a few things that he wanted to do. He brought his hand up slowly and brushed his fingertips over her cheek, "It's alright though. If it will help, I can suggest all of the magic spells that I can, since you seem to remember things when I suggest you use magic for it..."
 
"Yes it is. It's even more maddening than not remembering much of anything else...because with the magic, I know the knowledge is there, I know what I'm missing..."

His fingers touched her smooth, soft, flawless skin. Without thinking, she almost instinctively tilted her head, so her cheek lay in his palm. She looked up into his eyes, her's full of loss and innocence. Her world had been turned upside down...and she couldn't even remember it. She was adrift...casting about for something...someone to anchor herself to. For some reason she trusted him, hoping he would be her anchor as she tried to find her balance and her past.
 
He sighed as she moved to let her cheek rest in his palm. This hadn't been exactly what he had been expecting. He stared into her eyes for a few long moments before speaking very softly, "I'm sure all of your memories will come back eventually, right? If they don't come back naturally, maybe there is some magic that can help." He smiled weakly, doubting that his suggesting that there was magic to help her remember would make her remember any magic like that. He stared into her eyes for a few long moments and then simply closed his own, "I'll do whatever I can to help you." It wasn't much of a promise, but it was all that he could give.
 
"Thank you," she whispered, "There is such magic, but it is among the ones I can't remember."

"As for it coming back, I hope it will, at least enough for me to remember that spell," she paused for a few moments, "You said I was badly injured, how bad was it? Could you tell what caused my injuries?"

Maybe learning of her injuries might spark something.
 
Last edited:
He looked at her for a long moment, thinking back to how he had found her. He took a long breath before speaking softly, "It was pretty serious. For a while I thought you might be dead." The question of what might have caused her injuries wasn't one that he could really answer. He really didn't know what might have caused those injuries, though he would have probably guessed that it was magic. He shrugged, "I wouldn't be able to make a good guess at what caused your injuries." He looked at her for a few more moments. She didn't have them anymore, so he didn't think anyone else would be able to make a guess either. He smiled, "The important thing is that they healed."
 
"Yeah," she sighed, "That definitely is the important part..."

So he had no idea about her wound, and it was fully healed so she couldn't take a look at it herself. On the other hand, the fact that she apparently could regenerate from apparent death was definitely a clue. Elves don't just regenerate, not with out magic. Perhaps some of her jewelry was enchanted? That would make sense...she was a powerful spellcaster and wealthy, enchanted clothing and jewelry were almost a guarantee.

Perhaps a contingent Raise Dead spell and a Ring of Regeneration?

The idea of having magic items was a definite picker-upper. A smile spread across her face at the thought.

He looked nice too...especially those green eyes.

"What is your name?"
she asked, her cheek still in his hand. She wanted to know the name of the man who had come to her aid.
 
He smiled softly as he looked at her for a moment. She wanted to know his name. Well, that seemed fair, and was definitely nice of her to ask. He spoke up softly, "My name is Felix." That was all he really needed to tell, right? He smiled as he looked at her for a few more long moments before closing his eyes. What else could he tell her about himself? Not much, unfortunately.
 
Back
Top