Plunder Your Booty (Closed for Silver_Identity)

Bluemage

Fukeneh
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Posts
15,658
In retrospect this had not been the most wise decision that Felix Castman had made in his lifetime.

He remembered hearing about the ship that was leaving the shores of his boring coastal town, it's heading set on adventure and fortune. Really, who wouldn't have listened to a story like that? It was going to get him out of this dirt town. Of course the rumors had been about more than it just being a vessel that could could take him away, but c'mon now. Pirates? Who believed that pirates would show up in a backwater place like this? It wasn't like they had anything of particular value for the pirates to steal, nor did they have anything that made them of particular interest for someone who wanted to make a political statement or attack his political enemies. Really, it was just a little little town. Pirates would never come here.

That wasn't all of the rumor. If you believed what the brutes who had been drinking a little bit too much said the captain of this pirate vessel was an incredibly attractive woman who could make men scream bloody murder with her torture techniques, but could get absolutely anything that she wanted from a man, just by offering to share her bedchambers with him for a single evening. What foolishness, he had thought. Who had ever heard of a female pirate captain anyway?

The rest of the story had continued to be a flight of fantastic rumors that were all far too brilliant and astounding to possibly be true. He realized that apparently there were quite a lot of stories about this particular pirate queen and her adventures. They had been talking about how her ship had once been beset upon by a fearsome kraken that had laid siege to her ship, killing most of her crew, but then in an act of defiance she stood up and with her one shot pistol delivered a blow to the beast that he wouldn't soon forget, and ever since the gods and monsters of the sea either served her or got out of her way for fear of sharing the same fate.

Someone else who had been listening to the story, had insisted that they were exaggerating everything. Felix hadn't been surprised at that. This man's version of the story made it out so that this 'Kraken' was actually some form of pirate captain himself. A spurned lover, or rival to the pirate princess, and that he had attempted to storm their ship and claim her as his prize, but that she had made a desperate last maneuver that had left his ship a broken shell, and forcing him to cut his losses and retreat before he had managed to claim the treasure that he wanted so much.

Felix believed none of these stories. They were as transparent as the vile swill that they were drinking...well, at least they smelled about as fishy. There were no such thing as monsters of the sea, and there was no such thing as some female pirate captain who could fight off hordes of men and still manage to defeat the ship that was attacking her. There definitely was no way that she could strip a man of all of his clothing with a single stroke of her sword, he knew that much. It was all tales that the men who couldn't find the bottom of their mugs fast enough made up so that they might earn themselves more free alcohol by being entertaining to the weak of mind who would believe such things.

The line between legend and fact was one that Felix had learned to identify long ago He had realized that the men in the tavern told tales about how everyone who came in was some great pirate king, or had gone on some great legendary adventure and had a ridiculous amount of treasure. Anyone who found themselves having to stop at a place like this was anything but great. He understood the stories though. The old sailors were wishing that there was still something great about their lives, and so they made up fantastic stories about all of the adventure that was just outside their front door. Everyone wanted to feel important for one last feeling moment, and it couldn't have been easy for the men who had been important to realize that their days were over.

The journey to the ship at night was easy. It was the only large ship that was docked there. Getting onto the ship at night wasn't that difficult either, after all, it was dark, and he expected what members of the crew weren't asleep were either in the tavern being worshiped by story tellers, or being worshiped in a very different way by the harlots that wandered the street, desperate for some new meat that they could work with.

Of course getting onto the ship was only part of the battle. He knew that. If he was going to be able to remain on the ship undiscovered while it left port to head out into the wild blue yonder of the sea, then he was going to need to find a hiding spot. Really, it didn't have to be a good hiding spot, because once they were out to sea, he was sure everything would work out. He'd probably be discovered and then he'd have to work off the passage by scrubbing the deck or something. That was alright. He was willing to do simple labor like that.

He had actually managed to stay hidden in his little spot until the second evening, and that was where he was now, staring what definitely appeared to be a pirate in the face, thinking about the decision making paradigm that landed him in such a situation.

The young man smiled weakly, as his emerald green eyes examined the pirate who had found him. He felt his straight dark brown hair, that had grown a little bit longer than he would have liked, shift and fall in front of his eyes. There was no way that someone like Felix, with his meager frame could possibly stand a chance of fighting this man head on, and since Felix had made the ill decision in staying in a small storage room, the advantage that his small and agile body would have had anywhere else on the ship had been lost. He was cornered and defenseless, and unlike most animals who when caught in this position would lash out at their attacker, he lacked the 'teeth and claws' that he would need for such a venture to be anything short of suicide.

He bit his bottom lip as he looked at the man for a moment before speaking softly, "What nice blue eyes you have..."
 
"... Thank ye, lad.. People said me have them from my ma'.. But sadly, me think your ma' might lose a son or ye might join with her." The tough man who could be identified to be a pirate by the way he was speaking, and his messy and dusty look was already a big clue. He turned around and his lips spread to a wide grin as he looked to his comrades who had came over out of curiosity.

"Well, well.. What do we have here?” One of the pirates behind was saying and suddenly the smiles on their faces showed whatever they were thinking at the moment; the stowaway had found himself in a rather messy situation. Especially, when the group of pirates had their grubby hands reached out towards the unfortunate fellow, grabbing him so he could not escape and even worse, a thick rope suddenly fell upon him. Before he knew it, his wrists were tied, and so were his ankles.

He was tied and now trapped. And if he thought his situation could not had been worse than this, suddenly one of the crew shouted, “Let him walk the planks!”

Another added, “Let’s feed him to the sharks!” The crew of pirates seemed to agree with the idea as they picked him up from the floor and was about to bring him to the planks to let the stowaway meet his end. When suddenly, a loud sound of gun shot pierced through the noises and eventually silencing the pirate crew, thus pausing them in what they were doing.

The crew turned their heads to whoever pulled the trigger, and immediately, they flinched when they did. Before them was a woman holding a raised golden pistol; it was definite that it was her that had given that shot. Oddly the woman was attractive in physical appearance; straight jet black hair reaching to her waist but tied up in a ponytail, sharp facial features, high cheekbones and even more, a rather curvaceous body was an added bonus. But her sharpest feature would be her eyes. Hazel brown at first glance, but her eyes do give a golden hue, adding a dangerous glint to her eyes.

This kind of beauty should not be found on a dangerous vessel like this, and would more be likely found to be attending grand royal balls, fancy parties and dressed in rich beautiful gowns.

This particular woman was dressed in clothes which looked almost like rags, though she had a captain’s coat on over the rags that looked newer than the rest of her clothes. Despite dressed in some sort of men’s rags, the clothes didn’t hinder her physical beauty whatsoever.

Beside her, stood a rather tall, lanky man; his height perhaps a head taller than the female. His skin was rather tanned, indicating he was from another culture, especially with the clothes he was wearing; also that he was wearing a white turban on his head.

What’s with the damn ruckus?!” The female spoke out as she walked over with the tall fellow following behind her; she had slid her pistol into its designated holster as she waited for an answer, though quite impatiently as it looked as she had crossed her arms over her chest.

“Look who we have here, captain.. We found him, hiding like a rat in the storage room.” One pirate mentioned as the rest of the crew followed by nodding their heads.

.. A stowaway? Well, put the fellow down and untie him.. Let me see whether he can actually worth something or help around on deck..” The female captain replied, and soon as her ordered were said, the crew had placed Felix down onto the floor, though not gently unfortunately. And then they untied the rope from his wrists and ankles, allowing him his moving ability.

As soon as Felix stood up, the pirates took a step back and the female captain begun observing him with her golden eyes, she moving around him as she was looking at him, from head to toe. She then stopped as she stood in front of him, she arched a slender eyebrow.

… So, lad.. Humor me.. Tell me one good reason why I should not let my crew make you walk off that plank. If you think you can catch a free ride on my ship, you better think twice.. You are on the ‘Crimson Blood’.. Are you not aware of that?” The woman spoke to Felix, her golden eyes staring into his emerald ones though her eyes seem to give a very intimidating glare.

"Ohh, don't tell me you are one of the non-believers who think there are no such thing as the 'Crimson Blood' or even worse, no such nonsense as a female pirate captain?" She continued and she turned her head to glance at her crew as her crew were chuckling and laughing along with her comment.

Looking through her crew, one would noticed. A few of the pirate crew were actually women. One of the female pirates then said, "If he is one of those people, he deserves to walk down the plank!" And followed by her comment, the rest of the crew gave a roaring cheer.

"Well.. my crew seemed to like the idea of watching you meet your doom.. So better talk fast but be smart.. One bad move, and I'll let my crew do whatever they want with you." The female captain talked as she then turned her head back to look at Felix.
 
Felix didn't bother struggling as soon as the second man had shown up. There was no point in really struggling. They were both bigger than him, and really he doubted that he could take either of them. He didn't struggle when they tied his wrists and ankles either. Why bother. Really, even if he wasn't tied up, he wasn't going anywhere. It actually seemed a little bit over the top to be bothering to tie him up when he had nowhere to run. He was stuck on a ship. Where was he going to go? Other than the ship there was nowhere else for him to go besides the water, and really, from there that would pretty much be his end.

When they suggested making him walk the plank, or throwing him to the sharks...well, that was just great. It looked like if he had struggled, or if he had not he was headed in the same direction. He took a long breath. Well, this was interesting. In all honesty, he wasn't sure how he was expected to walk the plank with his legs bound like this. He was sure they would think about this and come up with a way to make him walk the plank without actually untying him, either that or they'd just throw him overboard like he was now.

It was only when a gunshot had split the air that he stopped feeling sorry for himself for being caught and had the thought that maybe this situation wasn't as hopeless as he thought it was. He looked up to see the attractive woman with the gun. He looked over her attire for a moment...well, son of a bitch. A female pirate captain. How strange.

He was lowered onto the ground with a dull thump and was freed of the bindings. He looked up and watched the woman as she spoke up for him, telling him that he wouldn't be thrown overboard if she could use him. Well, that was positive. He could do manual labor to a point, so maybe he was in luck after all. Of course, as the conversation continued he realized that he really wasn't going to have much luck with this whole making friends thing. She didn't like his kind of people, and he wasn't used to believing that her kind of people really existed.

He sighed softly as he was challenged to come up with a reason for her not to throw him over the edge to feed the sharks. He bit his bottom lip, looking at the deck of the ship for a moment. He really didn't have many reasons that he could come up with for her to not throw him over the edge of the ship to the watery depths below.

He then looked back up and started quickly, "I don't really have any skills or abilities that make me useful to your crew." He had considered compliments, or lies to make himself seem like he was more interesting, or more useful than he was, but in the end it would all come down to him not having any actual value, and if she found out now, it was probably better than her finding out later.

What could he say to defend himself here? He looked up slowly, watching her closely, "I'm not particularly strong, though I could be used for manual labor" He took a long breath as he looked at her and then rubbed at his chin for a moment.

"Beyond the fact that I have yet to waste any of your time with lies, I doubt that there are any reasons for you to not throw me over the side of the boat." He watched her for a few moments and then closed his eyes, staying in the spot where he had fallen.

He had considered going into his skills, but really, he doubted that she had any interest in him. He had done some carpentry in his time, but really he was a fine detail worker. Beyond that he was really just a scholar. He looked at her for a few more moments, waiting for her to issue the order to throw him overboard.
 
Back
Top