Love is Magic

Sakura_doll

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 10, 2009
Posts
574
Love is Magic (closed for BlueMage)

_elf2.jpg


Name:Eavan Riorne-avril Cyne Mondaire
Nickname:
Zero, or just Eavan
Age: 18
Height/weight: 5’5”/11o
Hair: Long sunny blonde hair usually worn down sometime in a ponytail
Eyes: Slate blue, but change color somewhat with mood
Body: Athletic, slim waist, nice chest, curvy
Marks: Has tribal marks hidden under her clothes, starting beneath her nipples going down to her last rib on her right side, along her left side down to her ankle

A nice girl she can have a little bit of an attitude and thinks she’s the best when she really kinda isn’t… But she's really caring and considerate.

A fun loving girl, she studies hard wanting to get out of her brother’s shadow, he was a powerful wizard, but he went mad and killed himself and several others. She wants to prove she be just as great if not better, and control he power.
She's disappointed by her familiar, but eventually accepts him for whom he is. and slowly reagrds him as a special person to her.
 
Last edited:
It was early morning at the magical academy the sun was shining and a cool breeze blew making for a beautiful day. The sounds of silence was soon disturbed by the sound of an explosion and panicking as a class ran from their class room. A young elfin girl was the cause of the commotion she’d been making a simple potion and when she activated it with her wand something went wrong. “Way to go Zero…”, “You mess up everything,” she heard from her classmates as they berated her for her screw up. Though she was used to it she was tired of their comments on her performance. The class ended 10 minutes later and she was off to her next class…

Eavan was in her second class of the day, still being taunted for her mistake in potions but tried to block it out looking out the window. This particular morning all her classes seemed drawn out as she was anxious to meet her familiar. Their, was to be a summoning ceremony later in the afternoon and she knew she’d have the best familiar imagining it in her mind she found herself daydreaming.

I wasn’t just her everyone was anticipating the ritual later that day and finding out what they, and everyone else will summon. “Zero bet you’re excited.” A busty girl spoke breaking her from her daydream looking to the girl she merely blinked surprised the girl was talking to her. “Just hope you don’t mess up, you might send yourself through the portal, or just blow everyone up.” Another girl sitting beside her chided with a girl the class finding the remark funny. "If she did then we wouldn't have to worry about her messing things up all the time." Someone else sighed.The teacher was giggling but quieted the class telling them to get back to work.

Blushing in embarrassment Eavan got to her feet pointing at the girl. “You wait and see Matsuhodo… I’ll summon the best familiar you’ve ever seen!” She said holding her wand up sparks accidentally spraying forth lighting the curtains on fire. Everyone ran out of the class the teacher putting out the fire. “Way to go Eavan.” A boy groaned, leaning against the wall Eavan sighed slumping to the floor. “It was an accident!” She said defending herself. “Wait till the ceremony, I’m going to draw out the most impressive familiar and then you’ll see how good I really am. It’ll be the best of any of them in the class.” She assured herself looking to the boy who was making fun of her.

The day dragged on slowly but finally the time of the ceremony arrived. She was extremely, nervous, anxious and excited as the students gathered with their teacher and one by one they stood before everyone and performed, there were salamanders, frogs, birds, even a gryphon but she was too busy thinking about her own. So lost she didn’t her the teacher call her. A classmate bumped her arm getting her attention giving him a glare she looked to the teacher when he said her name. “He started it!” She protested seeing everyone give her a strange look. “Eaven Riorne-avril Cyne Mondaire! Come here!” The teacher yelled in aggravation. She blushed making her way beside him.

She took a deep breath ignoring the comments her classmates made expecting her to screw up, or just plain fail calming herself she held up her wand ass he began to speak.

“My name is Eaven Riorne-avril Cyne Mondaire, Pentagon of the elemental powers, heed my summoning.” She held her wand high feeling the power surge around her a symbol forming beneath her she continued. “Bring forth my familiar!” The clouds swirled as the portal formed and something passed through. With a cloud of dust she and everyone covered her eyes coughing waiting for it to clear.
 
Last edited:
anime-boy-1.jpg


Name: Arthur Jacob Pendragon
Nickname:
Art, Artie, "King Arthur"
Age: 18
Height/weight: 5’11”/170
Hair: Short red hair, usually kind of messy.
Eyes: Bright Teal
Body: Slim body, runner's legs.
Marks: An odd birth mark just under his right collarbone.

A school boy, he is a member of the track team, and likes mythology and magic stories. He isn't popular, but isn't really unpopular, and sometimes wonders if anyone would notice if he were to vanish completely. As a joke, one of his friends calls him 'King Arthur' because of his name, and the similarities between it and the Round Table King. He is a bit of an idealist, and wants the world to be fair, and also kind of believes in the idea of karma, with everything equaling out in the end.


Artie was breathing heavily, his hands on the knees of his track suit as he looked down at the beaten surface of the clay track where he practiced every day so that he could stay on top of his running. Really, he wasn't sure why he had tried out for the track team, and why he took it so seriously. Everyone else on the track team seemed to blow off practices at least once every month, and no one stayed after school to run the track like he did. Then again, he wasn't sure that he would enjoy running the track as much if everyone else was here to see him do it.

The problem was really that Arthur wasn't a very popular guy, and really, he wasn't particularly good at much of anything. This whole running of the track thing was one of the only things that he was even reasonably good at, and that was only really because he worked on it all of the time like he was doing right now. Really, he doubted that he'd be as good at it if he took breaks and skipped practice like the rest of the club seemed so eager to do. Then again, if he skipped practice and didn't run like this he might end up with one of those things that all of the rest of the club seemed to have...a social life.

Really, he wasn't quite sure what the point in being good at this was if he didn't have a social life. There was no one who cheered for him on the sidelines. All of the other guys had girlfriends who would cheer for them from the sidelines, and then at the end of practice or competition would come running out with towels to wipe off their sweat. Arthur most of the time just stood there looking stupid. Well, at least he was the captain. Really, when he thought about it that way, a lot of his job was to just stand around looking stupid. Who was he kidding?

He took a long breath, having finally gathered his energy and then looked back down the track. He could do another lap. He was sure of it. He brought his hands up, adjusting the white muscle shirt that he wore (not because he had any muscles to show off, but because it was relatively light) and then brought his hands back down, tightening the knot in the dark blue hooded sweater that he had tied around his waist. This would be fine. He would be the best runner he could be, and he'd carry the team to the finals. He smiled as he patted his knees through the orange track pants and then started his running again.

Really, as much as he loved having the track to himself, he kind of wished that there was someone in the stands or somewhere who could watch him do all of his running, and could cheer him on as he made it to the finish line. He wished that there was some girl out in the stands who would come running to him the instant he crossed the finish line, a nice dry towel in her hands. He wished he could listen to a girl fuss over him being all sweaty and sticky while she mopped up the sweat on his forehead. Unfortunately for him, that wasn't likely to ever happen. If he wasn't popular with normal people, then he had to be some kind of freakish monster when it came to girls. Actually, that wasn't true. It was more like he was just invisible and none of them even saw him. Like he wasn't there at all.

It was always when he started this discussion with himself in his head that he arrived at the same question. Would anyone realize that he was missing if he was to suddenly vanish? The track team might notice just because they had to promote someone to team captain, but they'd probably get over his disappearance pretty quickly. After that, the only people who might really notice that he was gone were the librarian, who would notice when she found out that all of the books he was renting were overdue (which wasn't likely to happen right away, because no one in his school was interested in mythology like he was), and then maybe a few of his teachers. His parents would probably notice too, but they were off on business overseas so often it would probably take them about the same length of time it would take the librarian. Oh well. No point in dwelling on that.

Of course, when he felt his foot slip he realized that he definitely should have been focusing on where he was running instead of letting his mind wander to the realm of what would happen if he were to disappear. He only had a moment to see what was happening as he teetered forward having lost his balance when his foot seemed to hit nothing to air. What he saw in that moment was amazing though. It seemed that a large circle on the track had turned into a brilliant blue light, that looked like a cross between a beautiful puddle of water, and an endless hole. It was strange. He really wasn't sure that he had ever seen something like that. He supposed he might have read about something like this in one of his mythology books, but really.

And that was the last thought that he had as he fell face first into the portal.

When he emerged on the other side it was to an explosion of dust, screams, and noise. What was going on? It was like suddenly he had taken a step and then some sort of nuclear weapon had gone off. He coughed into his arm, wishing now that he was wearing his swearer properly so that he could use the sleeve to filter the dust. This was crazy town. He couldn't even see what had happened.

Oh no.

This was like that TV show heroes or something, wasn't it? He had just developed some super power like that one guy who had only been around for the first season. Frank was his name, wasn't it? The guy who had the nuclear power and everyone was worried that he was going to explode. Oh no. He had just exploded and killed all of the heroes! Where was Peter Petrelli to save everyone now!?

He continued to cough into his arm as the smoke and dust danced around him, but slowly started to clear, revealing the situation as it was. Oh good. It looked like if he had developed some sort of freaky power that caused him to explode, he hadn't actually managed to kill anyone...well, actually, it looked like he had somehow managed to teleport himself to the Renaissance fair...not that he knew anything about that...okay, so he had been there a few times in the past year. No biggie...and he had applied for a job there, but they had said he wouldn't make a very good knight. What did they know anyway?

Really, what was going on here? Everyone seemed to be staring at him now that the dust had cleared like he had just fallen from the sky or something. He blinked for a moment and then slowly brought up his hand, waving a little bit, "Ummm...hi..." Wait...this was crazy, what were the chances that any of these people spoke English?
 
There was a cloud of dust covering what was to be Eavan’s new partner. She coughed along with everyone watching waving the dust from her eyes blinking a few times as it dissipated staring at the figure on the ground slumped over she was confused when a boy was sitting in front of her. “Wha…” She muttered hearing the murmurs of her classmates.

“What happened?”, “She screwed it up.”, “Did she grab someone from town?”, “Leave it to Zero, to grab an human…” She heard looking back at the boy as he stood. “I can fix it.. Just… Just need another chance.” She said defensively. “But you always screw up things like this Eavan.” A fellow student said chuckling.

Turning her attention to the stranger her was face red from embarrassment. “Who are you?!” She demanded not giving him a chance to speak before turning her attention to her teacher, “I… I must have messed up in my execution. Can I do it one more time? This can’t be my familiar. He’s just a… He’s a human.” She pleaded begging her teacher who rolled his eyes. “No Miss Mondaire the ceremony is a sacred thing, and you summoned him, now you’ve got to finish the ceremony.” He said sternly she frowned looking to the guy once more.

“But… he’s a villager, I don’t know how it happened but he’s a simple villager.” She frowned muttering to herself as she looked to her teacher seeing his angry expression, as the class was chuckling loudly at her mistake; after the teacher quieted them she took a long drawn breath speaking once again to finish the ritual.

She got down on her knees in front of the guy placing her wand over his head as she spoke, “Ways of the elements, grant your grace upon this creature called to my service.” She said her voice devoid of her earlier enthusiasm or much emotion as she tapped him on the head. Leaning closer she watched him squirm but ignored it placing her lips against his for a few seconds before pulling away. She looked at him a long moment before she got to her feet, her face still red she turned her back towards him her classmates still staring at him. After a few moments her classmates congratulating her mockingly that she’d made her contract with him. She gave them a glare and was about to yell when she’d heard a noise coming from her new familiar turning to see what his problem was.



OOC:Sorry it took so long, i had home issues, and I couldn't think of a decent post that wouldn't be short, as ti is sorry thig one was so short.^^
 
Arthur bit his bottom lip. The girl had leaned in and kissed him. What was that supposed to mean anyway? He closed his eyes and took a long breath, hoping to calm himself down a little bit. This would all make sense, he was sure. He'd wake up and find out that he had passed out because he had over extended himself or something. This was all a product of his overactive imagination, and the sooner he was able to accept it the sooner everything would start to make sense again. Right now, not a lot made sense though.

The boy took another long breath before slowly straightening up. Well, at least he the girl who had kissed him had been pretty. He smiled softly at that. Really, still no idea of what was going on though. He brought his hand up, waving it above his head a little bit, "Still a little bit lost here...Why is no one talking to me?" He hoped that there would be an answer soon. He bit his bottom lip, "I'd also like to know why the pretty girl kissed me, not that I minded..." He rubbed at his forehead for a moment. This was all ridiculous.

If everyone kept ignoring him he was going to have to get attention with a grand gesture that no one would be expecting. He looked back to the girl who had kissed him and thought about it for a moment. He was sure he could come up with a grand gesture or two. He closed his eyes for another long moment, keeping himself calm in this crazy situation that he didn't really understand.
 
Eavan gave her class mates a cool glare as they continued to tease her and laugh wiping her mouth her face still red after the contract had been completed. “There I completed it.” She said in a dejected tone looking back over the boy noting he looked different from the other villagers whom all had black or dark brown hair, his was shaggy and an off shade of red, and his eyes weren’t dark, they were teal. She shook her head of any thoughts she had rubbing her temples firmly.

“Teacher… What happened, why did he come out as my familiar?” She asked the older man who seemed to be inspecting the boy who still sat on the ground ignoring the angry blonde girls whining. “Miss Mondaire, he’s your familiar, he must have been brought forth for a reason… Strange though that he has no markings showing his kinship with you.” He said thinking the last part out loud flustering the blonde even more.

“So I manage to mess it up?! What did I do wrong?” She asked in a panic noting finally that the boy was talking. “Will you be quiet.” She blurted with a low growl, “You never answered my first question to you. Who are you? You should learn to answer me.” She said crossing her arms in front of her chest her long hair blowing around her as a breeze picked up. Her eyes sparkling with frustrated tears as she gave the boy a cool look awaiting his answer.
 
Arthur blinked at the mention of markings. He had a birthmark, but they weren't going to find that as long as he was in his clothes, and he wasn't actually all that desperate to show them. It was just under his collarbone, but really, taking off his shirt, especially while this blond girl was watching him, didn't really seem like such a good idea. She had already kissed him out of the blue once. He didn't need her pushing him to the ground for sex once she saw his naked chest. He smirked softly. Like any girl would see his skinny body and think that he was sexy.

He slowly pushed himself up, the question of who he was coming up again. He closed his eyes and shook his head slowly. He really wasn't eager to admit who he was until he knew what was going on and as a result who it was that he was supposed to be. Really, being who he was didn't always turn out to be the best thing, and this situation was so out of the ordinary he couldn't imagine him being who he was could be good. He looked at the girl carefully, contemplating his answer.

The noise and commotion was still heavy in the air and he looked at the girl. It was then that he decided that there was only one way to solve the many problems that were here. He took a deep breath and stepped forward, "My name is Arthur, and until I get my answer as to what is going on here, that is the only answer you are going to get from me."

Other ideas had gone through his head. For a short time he had been considering kneeling like some sort of knight in court or something and just playing along with the crazy game here. For a moment he had considered bringing his hands up and placing the most searing and passionate kiss that he could manage onto the girl's lips before telling her that was how a real kiss should feel. For a moment he had simply considered running away. In the end he had taken the action that was most likely to get him answers, and at the same time left all of the other paths that he had been thinking about open in the event that he still didn't get his answer.
 
Eavan gave her familiar a strange look cocking an eyebrow. Wondering why he was eying her the way he was. She looked to him for a long moment before smacking him over the head her cheeks pink. “I don’t want to have sex with you... It’s how we seal the contract between a mage, and their familiar. For some reason unknown to me you’re my familiar.” She grumbled seeing the strange look her classmates were giving her. “Never you mind…” She said defensively.

She waited for him to tell her his name, “I’m not going to just call you familiar.” She said with an aggravated sigh. ‘This whole thing is more trouble than it’s worth.’ She thought to herself plopping on the ground a foot or so away from her new familiar. She looked to him nodding when he’d answered her question. “Arthur you say.” She said with a nod.

“I can’t easily answer your question when I’m not sure myself what happened. I got you for a familiar… instead of a great, magnificent impressive beast.” She pouted her classmates chuckling once more. “Class… class… You may all take your familiar and return to your dorms. Class is done for today.” He said giving the blonde a look. “Miss Mondaire… I will look into why your summon went so askew.” He said with a sigh. “Till then.” He said making a gesture with his hands for her to leave and he walked back towards the school building.

Eavan got to her feet running her hands through her long blonde hair turning her attention to the guy on the ground offering her hand to help him to his feet. “Looks like I’ve got to find something to do with you.” She said her voice cool.
 
One of the females chuckled and spoke up loudly when Eavan mentioned that she had gotten Arthur instead of some great magnificent beast, "I don't know, Zero. Maybe if you do a thorough check over him you'll find out that you summoned a great magnificent beast after all." This comment was met wit chuckles and a few hoots and whistles. It also made a soft blush creep into Arthur's cheek as he considered what they could mean by a comment like that one.

Arthur sighed softly staying where he was, his teal eyes watching the girl carefully. This was pretty ridiculous. He still didn't know what was going on, and the parts that they had told him really weren't things that he understood. One of the things that he had understood from what the person who looked like the main authority here had said, was that he was expected to share a dorm room with the girl who was giving him a rather unhappy look and had demanded that he should be some sort of 'great, magnificent, impressive beast'. The thought of that made his blush deepen a little bit but he was doing a rather good job of hiding it, and was really rather hoping that his impressive frown would be the first thing that she noticed.

He let a soft sigh slip past his lips. He really didn't know what she expected him to do or say about this. It wasn't like he could really defend himself. He didn't know what he had done wrong. He sighed softly and hung his head a little bit, staring down at the ground. When she had spoken up again, mentioning that she was going to have to find something to do with him. He had half expected that female voice that had spoken up about the 'magnificent beast' comment to speak up now with some sort of comment like 'I'll bet I can think of a few things to do with him'. Luckily she had already moved on. He sighed softly and stared at the girl, "Great...and just what do you plan to do with me?"
 
She blushed a little when it was suggested she do a thorough search over him, “I will do no such thing.” She said turning away her cheeks burning giving her new familiar a glance over noting he was kinda scrawny but had beautiful eyes unusual ginger red hair, and a slightly muscular tone to him. She sighed dusting herself off after getting to her feet. Ignore the whistles she received from her classmates as they disbanded. “Look at it this way you’ve finally got a guy to like you.” A shorter dark haired boy chided bumping her arm as he walked past a small phoenix on his other shoulder. “Shut-up, he’s just my familiar.” She sighed rubbing her temples as her head felt light from the events of the day.

She let out a heavy sigh her gaze on the boy on the ground. “This whole situation doesn’t make sense to me either… But better make the best of it.” She said a hint of annoyance in her voice. Offering her hand again she looked down at him her eyes tinged green. “Don’t listen to them.” She sighed, “I don’t have any sexual intentions towards you.” She said with a nod offering him something of a smile.

“Let’s go inside, I’ll figure out somewhere for you to sleep, and maybe get ya something to eat.” She said flatly as she looked into his teal eyes.
 
Back
Top