Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Keroin
aKwatic

Crafty Litsters show your work!

The idea for this thread belongs to midwestyankee. Anyone on here who builds, sews, paints, draws, knits, macrames, welds, sculpts or in any way crafts something, please feel free to share your work with us.

This is a fence I built with my *small* crew. It was a bitch of a thing to build because of the rocky terrain and the tight deadline we were under but I think it turned out nicely.

We used cedar, locally milled and harvested in an environmentally sound manner.

Who's next?

Big or small, show 'em all!

Last edited by Keroin : 07-07-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
graceanne
not me in the av

This is a lousy picture taken with a camera, but this is the bust I made in my sculpture 1 class. I've still gotta finish the one I'm working on currently, a bust of Medusa, and she's WAY better. But then I made her for sculpture 3. *shrugs*

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*

My Stories

Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceanne View Post
This is a lousy picture taken with a camera, but this is the bust I made in my sculpture 1 class. I've still gotta finish the one I'm working on currently, a bust of Medusa, and she's WAY better. But then I made her for sculpture 3. *shrugs*
Wow, Gracie, very nice!

She looks so serene. What material do you use to sculpt with?

Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

I don't do as much as I'd like from lack of space (and an over developed perfectionist complex), but I've started teaching myself bookbinding. I took the boards off an 1898 pocket dictionary, recovered them in handmade paste paper, then did a 'lost Belgian binding' in waxed linen thread... which is all quite fun and loverly, except for the fact that I hate hate hate sewing in the signatures, so I've not yet finished the book [I started back in February].

Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
Netzach
>semiotics?

I will try and come up with some stuff that doesn't out me completely. I know that sounds grandiose and paranoid, but bear with me.

Gracie, she's lovely.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #6
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroin View Post
The idea for this thread belongs to midwestyankee. Anyone on here who builds, sews, paints, draws, knits, macrames, welds, sculpts or in anyway crafts something, please feel free to share your work with us.

This is a fence I built with my *small* crew. It was a bitch of a thing to build because of the rocky terrain and the tight deadline we were under but I think it turned out nicely.
Damn, that's nicely done. I hate dealing with outdoor factors while building/painting etc.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieMouse View Post
I don't do as much as I'd like from lack of space (and an over developed perfectionist complex), but I've started teaching myself bookbinding. I took the boards off an 1898 pocket dictionary, recovered them in handmade paste paper, then did a 'lost Belgian binding' in waxed linen thread... which is all quite fun and loverly, except for the fact that I hate hate hate sewing in the signatures, so I've not yet finished the book [I started back in February].

Sewing signatures freaking sux. Treat yourself and make a fast stab-bound Japanese book.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netzach View Post
Sewing signatures freaking sux. Treat yourself and make a fast stab-bound Japanese book.
I keep telling myself that's a much better idea... although I could just as happily hang out drinking wine and painting paste papers all day. LOL

Old 07-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
I keep telling myself that's a much better idea... although I could just as happily hang out drinking wine and painting paste papers all day. LOL
The paste papers are gorgeous, did you do those too?

It's funny, I had a residency at the Book Arts center, but I spent it doing monotypes and I'm still terrible and inept at books.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #10
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Quote:
The paste papers are gorgeous, did you do those too?

It's funny, I had a residency at the Book Arts center, but I spent it doing monotypes and I'm still terrible and inept at books.
Yep - first attempt. Much much much easier (messier, funner) than my attempts at marbling. 30 minutes of making messes and I fell in love with it.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
Netzach
>semiotics?

Ok, this won't out me at this point.

This is a digital illustration, very much in progress. That's going to be a bluebird on her head. There's going to be a tattoo-flash style banner in front saying "deux amis"

I won't say it's my first, but it's one of my first. When I got sick, M got me a tablet for Christmas, and that was three years ago. I used it for a few minutes, got fed up and let it sit for a couple of years. Recently I picked it up again.

I have no idea what makes digitial painting good or bad and I'm still kind of trying to get over that rubbery toy story look of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg digipaint.jpg (90.9 KB, 639 views)

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
Etoile

There's some great knit and crocheted works in The Big Lit Knit Thread which is somewhere around the cafe...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #13
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Damn, that's nicely done. I hate dealing with outdoor factors while building/painting etc.
Oh man, Nelson is rocks, rocks, rocks and more rocks. By the time this job was finished I was about ready to move in with my chiropractor. Ugh.

Quote:
Ok, this won't out me at this point.

This is a digital illustration, very much in progress. That's going to be a bluebird on her head. There's going to be a tattoo-flash style banner in front saying "deux amis"

I won't say it's my first, but it's one of my first. When I got sick, M got me a tablet for Christmas, and that was three years ago. I used it for a few minutes, got fed up and let it sit for a couple of years. Recently I picked it up again.

I have no idea what makes digitial painting good or bad and I'm still kind of trying to get over that rubbery toy story look of it.
That is really cool looking. I'm digging the rubbery thing going on! Has a very otherworldly quality to it.

I love seeing all the talent here!!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
JMohegan

Quote:
No idea how one even makes a digital painting, but Jesus, woman. She looks like you!

Old 07-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #15
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMohegan View Post
No idea how one even makes a digital painting, but Jesus, woman. She looks like you!
Photoshop + layers + insane.

I set out trying not to let that happen, but yeah, put it next to this lit av and sure enough. They do tend to, my waifs.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #16
chelleb
Literotica Guru

I decorate cakes as a hobby.

www.chellescakes.com

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- dr. suess

"It's usually when you aren't looking and least expect it, that the right thing (or person) comes along." - ADesertRose

"skinny looks hot in clothes. curvy looks hot in bed." - Kintrub

"don't be someone your not for some body else, that's just f**ked up! " - PatchIsMe

Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #17
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb View Post

www.chellescakes.com
the cakes are great - the flowers are amazing too

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #18
chelleb
Literotica Guru

Quote:
the cakes are great - the flowers are amazing too
Thank you! I enjoy making the flowers more than the cakes, lol. The ones on the site are from a class I took a few years ago in Atlanta. I have since made them for various cakes and competitions.

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- dr. suess

"It's usually when you aren't looking and least expect it, that the right thing (or person) comes along." - ADesertRose

"skinny looks hot in clothes. curvy looks hot in bed." - Kintrub

"don't be someone your not for some body else, that's just f**ked up! " - PatchIsMe

Old 07-07-2009, 04:11 AM   #19
graceanne
not me in the av

Quote:
Wow, Gracie, very nice!

She looks so serene. What material do you use to sculpt with?
LOL! When I was pressed to name her, I named her 'serenity'.

I start out with clay.When I have it how I want it, I make a mold. She's made of plaster, poured from the mold I made of her.

Quote:

Gracie, she's lovely.
Thank you. You know I love your stuff. lol

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*

My Stories

Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 AM   #20
Keroin
aKwatic

Quote:
Do you make paper, too? Reading this made me think of The Time Traveller's Wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMohegan View Post
Gosh, I didn't even notice that. Must get eyes checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelleb View Post

www.chellescakes.com
Ah, yes, how very nice of you to TORTURE me! LOL. I loved the palm tree cake, naturally, and, of course...sigh...the cupcakes.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #21
Keroin
aKwatic

This one's a before-and-after deck rebuild K and crew did. The house needed to be rebuilt, too.

Before...

After...

I'm surprised we ever finished this one, as the single, female, property manager took a liking to the two guys and was forever showing up with baked goods and cleavage.

Last edited by Keroin : 07-07-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #22
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

i recently did a very large glass painting for over my desk. about 3ft wide by 5ft tall. Master has the pictures on his camera, ill see if i can get him to post them or send them to me. i also have a relatively large charcoal piece hanging over his desk. again, will attempt pictures.
my heart, beating upon the ground
you picked it up and helped me see
like puzzle pieces, you and me
your baby girl, your doll, your kitten
im Master's slave, and i am smitten

screwed into slavery by red hot penis power

my story: http://www.literotica.com:81/stories....php?id=283221

slavery: carved into my heart, branded into my soul, echoed on my body

Old 07-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
This one's a before-and-after deck rebuild K and crew did. The house needed to be rebuilt, too.

Before...

I'm surprised we ever finished this one, as the single, female, property manager took a liking to the two guys and was forever showing up with baked goods and cleavage.

Oooo ahh. That is so cool.

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #24
Netzach
>semiotics?

Quote:
Do you make paper, too? Reading this made me think of The Time Traveller's Wife.

[Irrelevant] Prior to international fame, Audrey Niffeneger was one of the people we could intern with - when she was purely a weirdo with weird wonderful gothy prints. I didn't wind up working with her, but she was on my radar of people to choose.

So the whole "I liked them before the major label thing, dude" applies to me with her, heh. [/Irrelevant

― William S. Burroughs

Old 07-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #25
Homburg
Daring greatly

MIS asked if I would post some of her work.

Here is a drawing MIS did for me before we were even together. The original hangs above my desk. (Apologies for the crappy editing, but I'm working with limited tools right now and don't want her signature showing)

And this is a painting she did recently. There is an old glass patio door against the wall behind the table she uses here as a desk. The cinderblocks behind it were visually blah, so she asked if she could spruce up the door. I agreed, and this was the result.

Here are pics taken while it was being painted, for those who might like that sort of thing.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1045.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1046.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1047.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1048.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1049.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/100_1050.jpg

I am not usually one for titles. In my world, titles are reserved for relationships.
Millificent (aka "viv") and myinnerslut both call me "Master".
You can call me "Homburg". Still accepting Rope Bunny applications, of course.

Disclaimer: Live your life how you want to live. Be secure enough in what you do that _my_ words won't affect you. Because my opinion has no material meaning in your life beyond what you let it have.