Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Online Role Playing

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #251
camerindrake
Really Really Experienced
 
camerindrake is offline
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 369
been ready for a while
__________________
Life.

Death

Two Sides of the same coin. One must wonder if once flipped, if ever it will land on ones edge. What would be the result.

The result is what one finds in the shadow. The stuff of nightmares. The boogie man exists. That I can assure you. I am the living proof.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #252
Lunaramblings
Literotica Guru
 
Lunaramblings's Avatar
 
Lunaramblings is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: physically, mentally, or spiritually?
Posts: 865
Ready and willing mon capitan!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 PM   #253
Abraxas Winterlight
Slacktastic
 
Abraxas Winterlight's Avatar
 
Abraxas Winterlight is offline
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9,381
still around
__________________
I love to make her smile, but I live to make her roll her eyes.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #254
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
Standing by....
__________________
"Winter is coming."

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #255
Varshanka
One of the Forsaken
 
Varshanka's Avatar
 
Varshanka is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,660
i'm not part of the story by i say "DAmn the Torpedoes.. FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!"

(psychotic maniacl laughter follows.. trailing into hysterical giggles..)
__________________
...




"Infinite Destruction in Infinite Ways."
"Mercy is for the Weak."
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #256
Wyldfire
Apalachian American
 
Wyldfire's Avatar
 
Wyldfire is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where the horses are.
Posts: 31,442
Yep yep ready and willing.
__________________
"I'm the voice inside your head
You refuse to hear
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that will take you down
Bring you to your knees"

The Pretender- Foo Fighters
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #257
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
I figure if I just listen to some Superman music it'll get me back into the swing of things =)
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #258
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
John Williams, FTW.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #259
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
Yeah, ol' John Williams has composed a great many scores.

He's won Grammys and Emmys and Golden Globes for bunches. A few that come to mind are:


Star Wars, of course.

Jaws.

E.T.

Jurassic Park.

Superman.

And there's those movies with Harrison Ford.......
__________________
"Winter is coming."

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #260
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmenRa View Post
Yeah, ol' John Williams has composed a great many scores.

He's won Grammys and Emmys and Golden Globes for bunches. A few that come to mind are:


Star Wars, of course.

Jaws.

E.T.

Jurassic Park.

Superman.

And there's those movies with Harrison Ford.......
"Raiders March" is one of the singlemost epic pieces of music ever composed, in your face E.S. Posthumus.

My sister and I used to listen to this "Spielberg/Williams Collaboration" cassette on car trips with mum and dad, wore that thing straight out. It had the theme from "Always," and selections from "Close Encounters," and apparently Spielberg himself had ganked a clarinet for the march from "1941." And every time. Every dang time. "Raiders March" gave me goosebumps.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #261
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
"Raiders March" is one of the singlemost epic pieces of music ever composed, in your face E.S. Posthumus.

My sister and I used to listen to this "Spielberg/Williams Collaboration" cassette on car trips with mum and dad, wore that thing straight out. It had the theme from "Always," and selections from "Close Encounters," and apparently Spielberg himself had ganked a clarinet for the march from "1941." And every time. Every dang time. "Raiders March" gave me goosebumps.
I get the same response. That's one theme song that everyone, I mean everyone, can identify immediately. I have it as a ringtone on my cell. (Go figure, right?).

Another composer I think is pretty darn good is Basil Poledouris. Sad he passed away and all. He left some good stuff, though. The theme from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, but I think the Conan them is his all-time most awesomest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2m...eature=related

Between the time when the Oceans drank Atlantis..
And the rise of the Suns of Arias
There came an age undreamed of.
And onto this, Conan, the Cimmerean,
Sword in hand
And destined to wear the jewelled Crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow.
Only I can tell thee of his tale..


And there go, swords were forged by giants and gods
But those that found them were men
Only men.
And within lost was the Riddle of Steel.
What is steel next to the hand that wields it?
Which is the stronger?
Of giants we are not, nor gods, but men.
Only men.
__________________
"Winter is coming."


Last edited by AmenRa : 01-17-2010 at 11:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #262
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmenRa View Post
I get the same response. That's one theme song that everyone, I mean everyone, can identify immediately. I have it as a ringtone on my cell. (Go figure, right?).

Another composer I think is pretty darn good is Basil Poledouris. Sad he passed away and all. He left some good stuff, though. The theme from The Hunt for Red October comes to mind, but I think the Conan them is his all-time most awesomest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2m...eature=related

Between the time when the Oceans drank Atlantis..
And the rise of the Suns of Arias
There came an age undreamed of.
And onto this, Conan, the Cimmerean,
Sword in hand
And destined to wear the jewelled Crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow.
Only I can tell thee of his tale..
HOLY CRAP I LOVED THE MUSIC FROM "RED OCTOBER."
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #263
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
HOLY CRAP I LOVED THE MUSIC FROM "RED OCTOBER."
"Gentlemen, I preshent to you the ballishtic missile shubmarine Red October. My offishers and I requesht asshylum in the United Shtatesh of America."

Did you know that Russians refer to their boats as "He", instead of "She" as we do in America and Britain?
__________________
"Winter is coming."

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #264
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
HOLY CRAP I LOVED THE MUSIC FROM "RED OCTOBER."
Epic movie. Epic music.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #265
AmenRa
Thermonuclear Omnipotency
 
AmenRa's Avatar
 
AmenRa is offline
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsoftheWorld View Post
Epic movie. Epic music.
Tears, Chas =

Epic babes.
__________________
"Winter is coming."

  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #266
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmenRa View Post
"Gentlemen, I preshent to you the ballishtic missile shubmarine Red October. My offishers and I requesht asshylum in the United Shtatesh of America."

Did you know that Russians refer to their boats as "He", instead of "She" as we do in America and Britain?
I did not know that! :: writes that down ::
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #267
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmenRa View Post
Tears, Chas =

Epic babes.
P'awh, stoppitt.

(No, really, though, g'wan, I need the morale boost right now.)
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #268
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
P'awh, stoppitt.

(No, really, though, g'wan, I need the morale boost right now.)
I had a different kind of "boost" in mind for you
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #269
Lunaramblings
Literotica Guru
 
Lunaramblings's Avatar
 
Lunaramblings is offline
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: physically, mentally, or spiritually?
Posts: 865
If no one has seen it yet, Book of Eli was great. VERY good movie. How can you go wrong with Gary Oldman and Denzel Washington?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #270
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #271
ChasNicollette
Allons-y means Let's Go.
 
ChasNicollette's Avatar
 
ChasNicollette is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Future.
Posts: 11,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsoftheWorld View Post
I had a different kind of "boost" in mind for you
O.o

Should I assume we're not talking about nitrous, 'coz...

...OH WAIT I GET IT NOW.

:: blushes, grabs Tears' hand, runs off wiv her ::
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #272
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasnicollette View Post
O.o

Should I assume we're not talking about nitrous, 'coz...

...OH WAIT I GET IT NOW.

:: blushes, grabs Tears' hand, runs off wiv her ::
:: smiles as she is raced away with Chas in hand ::

We'll be back later fellas

__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #273
The_Main_Man
Experienced
 
The_Main_Man is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
So I assume this is the proper thread for discussion of Lobo's intro. Correct?
__________________
Quote:
I can speak 17,897 galactic languages an' I got no idea what yer talkin' about!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #274
TearsoftheWorld
So Far Away
 
TearsoftheWorld's Avatar
 
TearsoftheWorld is offline
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Main_Man View Post
So I assume this is the proper thread for discussion of Lobo's intro. Correct?
Yup, either here or in PM.
__________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #275
The_Main_Man
Experienced
 
The_Main_Man is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 34
If the Lobo idea needs to wait...there's always Doomsday.

Doomsday and Soloman Grundy.

Do you see the theme of characters I like? >_>
__________________
Quote:
I can speak 17,897 galactic languages an' I got no idea what yer talkin' about!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.