Old 08-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
weftandwarp
Virgin

Open Office 4.1.2

I'm not clever with computers. I wish I was.

I'm having problems with Open Office 4.1.2
It won't copy and paste. Those functions at the top of the page are grey. This is the first time I'm trying to use it. Up until now it has worked well. It is very frustrating.

If some one can help I'd be very appreciative.
Thank you.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
ItalianStyle
Literotica Guru

Is it possible you are opening the document in a "locked" state so that its only in a read-only view?
Pleasing a woman is about feeding the romantic parts of her that only you get to see, and the dirty parts of her thatís all yours. It is entitling her belief in you, and giving a backbone to her trust.

This is erotic!
( view )

Your body is the canvas. My lips the brush. Let me paint something for you.
( view )
( view ) ( view )

Old 08-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
weftandwarp
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStyle View Post
Is it possible you are opening the document in a "locked" state so that its only in a read-only view?
Thank you.
I think you may be right. The "save", "can't undo" and "can't restore" functions are grey too. I don't know how to unlock it if it is locked.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
ItalianStyle
Literotica Guru

I might recommend that you have a friend come by and help trouble-shoot the issue with you. I did a few google searches and I think those were way off track so I can't give much more assistance.
Pleasing a woman is about feeding the romantic parts of her that only you get to see, and the dirty parts of her thatís all yours. It is entitling her belief in you, and giving a backbone to her trust.

This is erotic!
( view )

Your body is the canvas. My lips the brush. Let me paint something for you.
( view )
( view ) ( view )

Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #5
weftandwarp
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStyle View Post
I might recommend that you have a friend come by and help trouble-shoot the issue with you. I did a few google searches and I think those were way off track so I can't give much more assistance.
Thank you very much for your interest. I have no one I can ask- I'm new here. Eventually I guess I'll sort it out but at the moment I haven't a clue. It's very frustrating.

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #6
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors

Try LibreOffice https://www.libreoffice.org/

I did some research a while ago when a friend wanted a free Office suite - OpenOffice has trouble with some of the newer Microsoft extensions .docx etc

All the reading up I did said to ditch OpenOffice and start using LibreOffice.

I had a little look at it after installing - looked simple and straight forward

Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #7
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by weftandwarp View Post
Thank you.
I think you may be right. The "save", "can't undo" and "can't restore" functions are grey too. I don't know how to unlock it if it is locked.

Were you attempting to edit a file that was still an email attachment? If this is the case, save the attachment to your computer then open it.

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #8
weftandwarp
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
Were you attempting to edit a file that was still an email attachment? If this is the case, save the attachment to your computer then open it.
I was actually trying to copy and paste a story for the summer competition. It won't cooperate though. Disappointing! I think the competitions get a lot more comments and I'm wanting to learn from them- hopefully! I'll follow your suggestion as I think you are right. Thank you- you're very helpful.

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #9
Jay321
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
Try LibreOffice https://www.libreoffice.org/

I did some research a while ago when a friend wanted a free Office suite - OpenOffice has trouble with some of the newer Microsoft extensions .docx etc

All the reading up I did said to ditch OpenOffice and start using LibreOffice.

I had a little look at it after installing - looked simple and straight forward
I was going to say the same thing. I dropped OpenOffice months ago, and have not looked back.

If you cant use the toolbars try ctrl+A (key combination for "select all") then ctrl+c (Copy) and open a new file and paste (ctrl+v). It may/ may not work, but what the hell, it won't hurt nothing.

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #10
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weftandwarp View Post
Thank you.
Can you do a save as? If you can, save it as a .txt files then open it in wordpad or notepad and do the copy & paste.

Old Today, 04:17 AM   #11
weftandwarp
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay321 View Post
I was going to say the same thing. I dropped OpenOffice months ago, and have not looked back.

If you cant use the toolbars try ctrl+A (key combination for "select all") then ctrl+c (Copy) and open a new file and paste (ctrl+v). It may/ may not work, but what the hell, it won't hurt nothing.
Thank you so much Jay. I've now submitted. I like submitting to contests because so many more comments are made and I learn more. It's a funny thing but when I submit what I think is good others provide a whole new perspective and suddenly I realise I hadn't thought of it at all. So- thank you!

Old Today, 04:20 AM   #12
weftandwarp
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Can you do a save as? If you can, save it as a .txt files then open it in wordpad or notepad and do the copy & paste.
Thank you Zeb. I'll try your suggestion too. I'll get rid of Open Office. That seems to be the key to it. I don't want to lose my work and I'm sure you've helped.