Old 08-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #1
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Open Office 4.1.2

I'm not clever with computers. I wish I was.

I'm having problems with Open Office 4.1.2
It won't copy and paste. Those functions at the top of the page are grey. This is the first time I'm trying to use it. Up until now it has worked well. It is very frustrating.

If some one can help I'd be very appreciative.
Thank you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2016, 11:04 PM   #2
ItalianStyle
Literotica Guru
 
ItalianStyle's Avatar
 
ItalianStyle is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,987
Is it possible you are opening the document in a "locked" state so that its only in a read-only view?
__________________
Pleasing a woman is about feeding the romantic parts of her that only you get to see, and the dirty parts of her thatís all yours. It is entitling her belief in you, and giving a backbone to her trust.

This is erotic!
( view )


Your body is the canvas. My lips the brush. Let me paint something for you.
( view )
( view ) ( view )
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStyle View Post
Is it possible you are opening the document in a "locked" state so that its only in a read-only view?
Thank you.
I think you may be right. The "save", "can't undo" and "can't restore" functions are grey too. I don't know how to unlock it if it is locked.
  Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2016, 11:31 PM   #4
ItalianStyle
Literotica Guru
 
ItalianStyle's Avatar
 
ItalianStyle is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,987
I might recommend that you have a friend come by and help trouble-shoot the issue with you. I did a few google searches and I think those were way off track so I can't give much more assistance.
__________________
Pleasing a woman is about feeding the romantic parts of her that only you get to see, and the dirty parts of her thatís all yours. It is entitling her belief in you, and giving a backbone to her trust.

This is erotic!
( view )


Your body is the canvas. My lips the brush. Let me paint something for you.
( view )
( view ) ( view )
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #5
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStyle View Post
I might recommend that you have a friend come by and help trouble-shoot the issue with you. I did a few google searches and I think those were way off track so I can't give much more assistance.
Thank you very much for your interest. I have no one I can ask- I'm new here. Eventually I guess I'll sort it out but at the moment I haven't a clue. It's very frustrating.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 02:55 AM   #6
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors
 
NightL's Avatar
 
NightL is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,543
Try LibreOffice https://www.libreoffice.org/

I did some research a while ago when a friend wanted a free Office suite - OpenOffice has trouble with some of the newer Microsoft extensions .docx etc

All the reading up I did said to ditch OpenOffice and start using LibreOffice.

I had a little look at it after installing - looked simple and straight forward
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 05:01 AM   #7
NightL
smoke'n'mirrors
 
NightL's Avatar
 
NightL is offline
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by weftandwarp View Post
Thank you.
I think you may be right. The "save", "can't undo" and "can't restore" functions are grey too. I don't know how to unlock it if it is locked.

Were you attempting to edit a file that was still an email attachment? If this is the case, save the attachment to your computer then open it.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #8
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
Were you attempting to edit a file that was still an email attachment? If this is the case, save the attachment to your computer then open it.
I was actually trying to copy and paste a story for the summer competition. It won't cooperate though. Disappointing! I think the competitions get a lot more comments and I'm wanting to learn from them- hopefully! I'll follow your suggestion as I think you are right. Thank you- you're very helpful.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #9
Jay321
Really Experienced
 
Jay321's Avatar
 
Jay321 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightL View Post
Try LibreOffice https://www.libreoffice.org/

I did some research a while ago when a friend wanted a free Office suite - OpenOffice has trouble with some of the newer Microsoft extensions .docx etc

All the reading up I did said to ditch OpenOffice and start using LibreOffice.

I had a little look at it after installing - looked simple and straight forward
I was going to say the same thing. I dropped OpenOffice months ago, and have not looked back.

If you cant use the toolbars try ctrl+A (key combination for "select all") then ctrl+c (Copy) and open a new file and paste (ctrl+v). It may/ may not work, but what the hell, it won't hurt nothing.
  Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #10
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.
 
Zeb_Carter's Avatar
 
Zeb_Carter is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In a state...
Posts: 13,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by weftandwarp View Post
Thank you.
I think you may be right. The "save", "can't undo" and "can't restore" functions are grey too. I don't know how to unlock it if it is locked.
Can you do a save as? If you can, save it as a .txt files then open it in wordpad or notepad and do the copy & paste.
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:17 AM   #11
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay321 View Post
I was going to say the same thing. I dropped OpenOffice months ago, and have not looked back.

If you cant use the toolbars try ctrl+A (key combination for "select all") then ctrl+c (Copy) and open a new file and paste (ctrl+v). It may/ may not work, but what the hell, it won't hurt nothing.
Thank you so much Jay. I've now submitted. I like submitting to contests because so many more comments are made and I learn more. It's a funny thing but when I submit what I think is good others provide a whole new perspective and suddenly I realise I hadn't thought of it at all. So- thank you!
  Reply With Quote

Old Today, 04:20 AM   #12
weftandwarp
Virgin
 
weftandwarp is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Can you do a save as? If you can, save it as a .txt files then open it in wordpad or notepad and do the copy & paste.
Thank you Zeb. I'll try your suggestion too. I'll get rid of Open Office. That seems to be the key to it. I don't want to lose my work and I'm sure you've helped.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.