Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk

Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
morefreebound
Experienced

Question Tools of the Trade

My Dom would like to find more toys to use for our play, so I was hoping to get your help. I'll give you a list of what I have, but I was hoping you awesome people could give me a few more ideas? We are open to most anything, and will certainly discuss any recommendations you may have.

Our owned items:
  • Alligator clamps
  • Clover clamps
  • Eroscillator
  • Hitachi Magic Wand
  • Ben-wa balls
  • Ropes of varying lengths
  • Spread-eagle bed kit
  • Anal plug
  • Flogger
  • Lube tube
  • Clothespins
  • Anal beads
  • Ball gag (though, it's homemade, and rather tough on the corners of the mouth. any suggestions for ball gags with holes and/or non-ball gags are appreciated)
  • Various other vibrators: a "pocket rocket", rabbit, and maybe just like a regular stick-type one? I think
  • N-joy pure wand
  • Bullwhip

Oh look, the sun set while I tried to remember everything...

Anyway, what's in your bag of tricks?

Last edited by morefreebound : 01-15-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Changed to add new purchase

Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
lostandfound197
Really Experienced

Best tool is an amazing imagination with a little dirty mind on the side. Once you have that...anything can become a tool.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

Do you like your eroscillator? Tell me about it, please?

http://www.eroscillator.com/default.aspx

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
morefreebound
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
Do you like your eroscillator? Tell me about it, please?

http://www.eroscillator.com/default.aspx
The eroscillator is pretty nice, we don't get a ton of use out of it though. I like that it has so many different attachments, and it is POWERFUL. I'd recommend buying either the upgrade, that comes with more attachments, or the three-attachment variety and some other attachments you're interested in. We have yet to purchase any more, and there are some that I'd be quite interested to try. There's one idea for more toys.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

Are the sensations different than regular vibrators, as it claims?

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefreebound View Post
[*]Ball gag (though, it's homemade, and rather tough on the corners of the mouth. any suggestions for ball gags with holes and/or non-ball gags are appreciated)
One nifty solution for a home-made ballgag is the "monkey's fist" knot. Good diagram here: http://forum.boundanna.net/board/vie...php?f=12&t=114
New for the 2014 Halloween contest: Red Callum, Sweet Cate. Cate promises to sleep with Callum if he'll prove his courage by spending Halloween in the old crypt... how could this possibly be a bad idea? Please read and vote!

Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
E-books: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Bramblethorn
Blog: http://bramblethorn.dreamwidth.org/
Avatar pic borrowed from http://www.oglaf.com with permission.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
morefreebound
Experienced

Actually, Stella, I was just looking at the eroscillator website, and I really don't think it has the kinda numbness associated with normal vibrators, at least not as much. Basically, the difference is apparently that it moves side to side really fast, or something like that, rather than... whatever vibrators do. If I use it again soon, I will give you more info.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
Ropebunny
Really Really Experienced

A few ideas from our play bag:

Metal ruler (make sure you use one with rounded edges, some can be quite sharp. Unless thats what you're aiming for. Then go ahead. )

Bamboo skewers. Combine with rubber bands and use on nipples or flick on tender areas. Surprisingly painful.

Collection of candles; some soy, parrafin, scented, different colours. For wax play and mood setting.

Huge roll of gladwrap (I think saran wrap in the US, someone correct me if I'm wrong). For mummification. Also for wacking. Try smacking one on your palm to test. One of those gave me my first welt.

Old, repurposed pantyhose. For tying, gagging and ripping off the body.

Blindfold and earplugs. Use in conjuction with mummification for a REALLY good time.

Tape. For gagging, restraining, decorating....

That's about all I can think of without actually getting the bag and the kid is around so thats not happening now but I'll see what I can do later...

Old 01-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
morefreebound
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropebunny View Post
A few ideas from our play bag:

Metal ruler (make sure you use one with rounded edges, some can be quite sharp. Unless thats what you're aiming for. Then go ahead. )

Bamboo skewers. Combine with rubber bands and use on nipples or flick on tender areas. Surprisingly painful.

Collection of candles; some soy, parrafin, scented, different colours. For wax play and mood setting.

Huge roll of gladwrap (I think saran wrap in the US, someone correct me if I'm wrong). For mummification. Also for wacking. Try smacking one on your palm to test. One of those gave me my first welt.

Old, repurposed pantyhose. For tying, gagging and ripping off the body.

Blindfold and earplugs. Use in conjuction with mummification for a REALLY good time.

Tape. For gagging, restraining, decorating....

That's about all I can think of without actually getting the bag and the kid is around so thats not happening now but I'll see what I can do later...

I am definitely interested in the "bondage" tape, if that is what you were referring to.

I've never really thought about mummification, but it's something to consider. Though I must admit, the saran wrap idea for it sounds like a sweaty hell.

DEFINITELY interested in wax play, but we don't have the capability to do that as yet due to locational restrictions.

Love this list though, thanks!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #10
RuReal
Long time Litster

One suggestion instead of saran wrap get skid wrap it works better and responds well to the heat of your body. Usually easy to get and works out fairly cheap compared to saran wrap.

What one man loves another may freely hate, but when one man destroys can another rebuild?

My Stories

Latest pictures of my wife

Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Ahlam
Literotica Guru

Here are some items I've not seen listed yet:
Handcuffs
Long scarves
Flashlight
Leather belts
Feather duster
Small tongs (for holding ice cubes)
Hair claws
Long wooden and plastic spoons
Glow-in-the-dark body paint

Old 01-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
morefreebound
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlam View Post
Here are some items I've not seen listed yet:
Handcuffs
Long scarves
Flashlight
Leather belts
Feather duster
Small tongs (for holding ice cubes)
Hair claws
Long wooden and plastic spoons
Glow-in-the-dark body paint
I guess I'm wondering what the flashlight is for?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Ahlam
Literotica Guru

For examination. Also, torment of eyeballs and temporary impairment of vision.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlam View Post
[re. flashlight] For examination. Also, torment of eyeballs and temporary impairment of vision.
Also worth having around as part of your safety kit, in case of power outages at an inconvenient time.
New for the 2014 Halloween contest: Red Callum, Sweet Cate. Cate promises to sleep with Callum if he'll prove his courage by spending Halloween in the old crypt... how could this possibly be a bad idea? Please read and vote!

Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
E-books: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Bramblethorn
Blog: http://bramblethorn.dreamwidth.org/
Avatar pic borrowed from http://www.oglaf.com with permission.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Ahlam
Literotica Guru

Oh yes indeedy. Especially if you've used all your candles for nefarious purposes.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
njlauren
Literotica Guru

So many neat things to use, so little time:

Floggers of varying types (can make a pretty effective one from a wooden dowel and from felt, or leather, leavings from a craft store)
Paddles (ping pong paddles work nicely, and are easy to get;to make them nastier drill holes in them)
Canes (the longer bamboo plant stakes can work great, wrap one end in electrical tape to make a grip), an old freshwater fishing pole with the guides removed is a pretty good cane, too, or thin wooden dowels work, too
Purple wand
TENS unit (can get these on fleabay or amazon cheap)
Plastic chain from the home depot
Sandpaper and a piece of soft fake fur (for sensation play, rough/smooth, piece of fur run over a butt that has been flogged is interesting)
Enema bag from a drugstore (lots of fun with those)
Butt plugs (especially good to bottle up an enema)

For more advanced play, hyperdermic needles , can get them from amazon these days.
Bungy Chords can make for fun bondage play
Bengay and other such substances for sensation play

Sometimes the most fun is wandering around stores and seeing what you can use, Home Depot has some very interesting things (thought the guy eying an arc welder as a potential toy for use in electro play was just a little too far out there *lol*).

Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #17
ouchfeelsgood
Literotica Guru

I don't think anyone's mentioned the Wartenberg pinwheel. Very versatile, and can be used for a range of sensations, from mild to intense, and is quite interesting when used on the more "sensitive" parts of the body.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #18
rosco rathbone
rosconium 235

Carhartt leather work belt

i hate you gringo sex perverts. you scums are not welcome in our country

"Might and Right do differ frightfully from hour to hour; but give them centuries to try it in, they are found to be identical"-Thomas Carlyle Chartism

Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
Sweetdaisymae
Sadomasochist switch

If you really really like impact play there is always a sjambok!

Hear me sing
http://www.tunescoop.com/play/313435...difference-mp3

Read my story
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-first-meeting-30

Find me on Fetlife as DaisysFloggers

Please do not contact me for "cyber" it does not interest me.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #20
rosco rathbone
rosconium 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetdaisymae View Post
A most onomatopoetic implement.

i hate you gringo sex perverts. you scums are not welcome in our country

"Might and Right do differ frightfully from hour to hour; but give them centuries to try it in, they are found to be identical"-Thomas Carlyle Chartism

Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #21
JustaSCOUNDREL
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetdaisymae View Post
Sweet screaming Jesus Sweetdaisymae, that is one vicious tool. It is now outlawed in South Africa where it originated and use to be used for public punishment.

The story when I first heard about it was it was made from a tanned Rino or Hippo penis. Today Wiki says from the animal skin. Now many are made from plastic.

The best/worst one I have we call "Boris the Bastard" made from Russian Boar Hide. It is stiffer than a life sentence and hurts like a bitch according to slave. Here's a link to the sellers site and a pic. Despite what the pic shows I've never bent the blades, except across slave's ass, and always hang it so the blades hang straight down.

http://www.snakepitleatherworks.com/exotics/boris.html

When we got it slave called it her her new best enemy.

Mike

Old 01-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #22
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaSCOUNDREL View Post
Sweet screaming Jesus Sweetdaisymae, that is one vicious tool. It is now outlawed in South Africa where it originated and use to be used for public punishment.

The story when I first heard about it was it was made from a tanned Rino or Hippo penis. Today Wiki says from the animal skin. Now many are made from plastic.

The best/worst one I have we call "Boris the Bastard" made from Russian Boar Hide. It is stiffer than a life sentence and hurts like a bitch according to slave. Here's a link to the sellers site and a pic. Despite what the pic shows I've never bent the blades, except across slave's ass, and always hang it so the blades hang straight down.

http://www.snakepitleatherworks.com/exotics/boris.html

When we got it slave called it her her new best enemy.

Mike
I don't find a pic of an actual sjambok at snakepit; maybe I'm looking in the wrong place(s)?

For those not familiar with it, here's a drawing of one used as a website logo... and there are a *couple* of vids I've seen of one in use. I'm pretty sure that just holding one up would be a safeword around here

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
please feel free to click the button above.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #23
DVS
Your Sexual Tormentor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post
I don't find a pic of an actual sjambok at snakepit; maybe I'm looking in the wrong place(s)?

For those not familiar with it, here's a drawing of one used as a website logo... and there are a *couple* of vids I've seen of one in use. I'm pretty sure that just holding one up would be a safeword around here

sjambok

Electroplay is a shocking experience! My humor can be, too!
But my posts are all totally PC!! Well, kinda sorta

Devious Stories
Rules are not meant to be broken!
Some of my tunz are here, if you care to listen => currently 20+ songs and more to come
Is Raw Anal Lust a desire of yours? The full story "My New Boss" begins here<=
and here is the latest installment ==>08/17/10

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
That we shall pay any price, bear any burden,
Meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
To assure the survival and success of liberty. -- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #24
Sweetdaisymae
Sadomasochist switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
*Giggles* my SA friends brought one back with them, a real one. I tried it on my thigh like you would with a riding crop, slap slap (well maybe a bit harder)....and holy fuck it deserves its reputation! Even a moderate stroke has a sharp cutting sensation that burns like hell.
But what an instrument to have!

Hear me sing
http://www.tunescoop.com/play/313435...difference-mp3

Read my story
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-first-meeting-30

Find me on Fetlife as DaisysFloggers

Please do not contact me for "cyber" it does not interest me.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #25
JustaSCOUNDREL
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Winston54 View Post

Sorry Sir Winston the link I posted referred to Boris The Bastard I mentioned and not the sjambok.

Mike