Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #101
Domwoolf
Really Experienced
 
Domwoolf is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 191
Cool anonmouse

You got to love the anonmouse idiots that hate everything you write and comment on it almost as soon as it gets posted. I had one follow my entire 54 chapter series, never made a good comment, hated me hated the story, thought everything I wrote was crap, however he was always the first to read my stories and the first to comment. lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDeviancy View Post
I've been getting only good feedback for a while. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the positive feedback, but it's a little boring without the occasional unreasonably irate lunatic to mix things up. Like this guy:

This message contains feedback for: MzDeviancy
About the submission: Rumours
This feedback was sent by: Anonymous (of course!)
Comments: you should have a nail jammed up your dick, you sick perv. you should go to jail and have some inmates force-fuck you. die and rot in hell, you dirty son of a bitch. i hope your little sister cuts your cock off and makes you choke to death on it. P.S. your disclaimer is too light for the story.


He loved me so much, he sent me a sequel...


This message contains feedback for: MzDeviancy
About the submission: Rumours: Found Out
This feedback was sent by: Anonymous
Comments: i sent you feedback before and thought you were a guy. let me correct my mistakes. you are a bitch, i hope you like almost scaring people out of sex, cause thats what you did. i hope your brother reads your sick story and decides to act it out on you. i hope he paints your womb with your own blood. i hope he tears your ass and pussy open with his bare hands. you should be screwed to death by a horse. die and rot in hell, you bitchy whore. P.S. your the reason rapists make innocent little girls cry.


Oh wow, I just noticed that he originally commented on the first chapter of Rumours, but his second comment was in response to the followup chapter. Now I'm confused as to whether he just read part two to confirm that I still deserved to have a nail jammed up my dick, or if he really enjoyed both stories and this was just his way of flirting...
__________________
American by birth, Rebel by choice, Kinky by nature, Atheist by god!
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 12:18 PM   #102
PerilEyes
Really Experienced
 
PerilEyes is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 289
BEST:

Two women telling me that my "By The Balls" and "Southern Belle Gets Hers" stories related to their real life. Reading their experiences and knowing that my fantasies connected with their realities is a great feeling.


WORST:

Before I bit the bullet and decided to get an editor (thanks Amela!), I would have said the calls on my horrendous grammar. But since I wrote a LW story....

"YOu are one pathetic person. Anyone who could write something like that should just eat shit and die."

"What fucking joke this story is. And if anyone thinks this horseshit is erotic they need their head checked by a shrink. Yikes and more yikes."


Just a weird fascination with shit and horseshit amongst LW readers *shrugs*
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2010, 01:19 PM   #103
MzDeviancy
Literotica Guru
 
MzDeviancy's Avatar
 
MzDeviancy is offline
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Lower Madeupistan
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domwoolf View Post
You got to love the anonmouse idiots that hate everything you write and comment on it almost as soon as it gets posted. I had one follow my entire 54 chapter series, never made a good comment, hated me hated the story, thought everything I wrote was crap, however he was always the first to read my stories and the first to comment. lol
See, now I think you should find that flattering. To comment on every installment of a 54 chapter story? That's devotion!
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #104
patricia51
Really Really Experienced
 
patricia51's Avatar
 
patricia51 is offline
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The South
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerilEyes View Post
BEST:

Two women telling me that my "By The Balls" and "Southern Belle Gets Hers" stories related to their real life. Reading their experiences and knowing that my fantasies connected with their realities is a great feeling.


WORST:

Before I bit the bullet and decided to get an editor (thanks Amela!), I would have said the calls on my horrendous grammar. But since I wrote a LW story....

"YOu are one pathetic person. Anyone who could write something like that should just eat shit and die."

"What fucking joke this story is. And if anyone thinks this horseshit is erotic they need their head checked by a shrink. Yikes and more yikes."


Just a weird fascination with shit and horseshit amongst LW readers *shrugs*
Well nothing is going to bring out the wackos like a LW story. The trolls who have no life beyond here eat them up. They feverishly search for ones they can trash. And like Domwoolf's experience they can't let go. They follow every chapter of a story they can't stand because, of course, their motivation in reading in not to enjoy themselves but rather to find an opportunity to pour out their hatred.

Speaking of that.......I got this for one of the stories in my "Roomies" series, "Roomies: The Reunion":

"As usual!
As is the case with most of your works, this one is just same-oh, same-oh...promiscuous or adulterous sex without consequences.

I know that you are a feminist and bi-lesbian, but in most cases cheating women do get caught, and pay some consequence. (As do cheating men, but I am sure you admit to that)

Have a good day!"

I had to rush back to the story to see if someone had replaced the story with something else. Nope, just as I had written it. I really wanted a name for the poster, not so that I could flay him but so I could get him to answer my question. Does he (that's an assumotion but from the tone I think it's obvious) think that there SHOULD be consequences for a woman for making love with her husband? Because the two sex scenes in the story are just that, two old college roommates swapping stories of the most fun thing they had done with their husbands recently.
__________________
Most Influential Author 2004 Reader's Choice Awards

I WON! "Roomies - The French Teacher" for Best Fetish Story of 2006 in the Annual Lit Awards.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #105
lowflykiwi
Yeah ... Nah
 
lowflykiwi's Avatar
 
lowflykiwi is offline
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Guess from the name
Posts: 1,705
Worst feedback:

I wrote a story for a friend I meet here on Lit - Firemen are the Hottest - the story is about a MMMF scene involving fire fighters.

The feedback I received from one poster berated my use of fire fighters and how it belittled their profession. Which to me was interesting, when that profession allows/has calendars made up of its members posing partially clad to raise money for causes.

Best feedback:

For another friend, who I met through the Lit Chat site, I wrote a story for her about one of her fantasies. Her feedback has involved several years of chat and picture exchanging

Kiwi
__________________
Just viewing the world from here downunder.

Literotica profile: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...90574&page=bio

Author Hangout Profile: http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...&postcount=214

My Picture Thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=636699

Last edited by lowflykiwi : 12-11-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Correcting facts
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #106
Domwoolf
Really Experienced
 
Domwoolf is offline
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 191
Cool ass-mptions

I had to rush back to the story to see if someone had replaced the story with something else. Nope, just as I had written it. I really wanted a name for the poster, not so that I could flay him but so I could get him to answer my question. Does he (that's an assumotion but from the tone I think it's obvious) think that there SHOULD be consequences for a woman for making love with her husband? Because the two sex scenes in the story are just that, two old college roommates swapping stories of the most fun thing they had done with their husbands recently.[/quote]



You don't really think they read the stories do you? Like movie reviewers they read this bit and that bit then make their assumptions/nasty comments based on what they think the story is about.
__________________
American by birth, Rebel by choice, Kinky by nature, Atheist by god!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #107
ClassyGirl
Really Really Experienced
 
ClassyGirl's Avatar
 
ClassyGirl is offline
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California
Posts: 310
This one was funny and made me smile.

"I was certainly not disappointed. I attempted to leave a comment, but my fumbling fingers could not find the right keys. Your story left me as confused and aroused as your music teacher. Here I sitting here, an old man by comparison, looking at myself as I wonder how I am going to relax enough to get my pants on. I have places to go today."

This one was definitely one of the best i've ever received, though.

"You do a GREAT job on the distracting nature of physical attraction. Honestly, I'm probably gonna bookmark this story so I can go back for pointers and inspiration...If this really is your first time out, you're doing great. There are people who have written on this site for years who aren't as good as you already are naturally."
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #108
2981notrohrm
Really Experienced
 
2981notrohrm is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The asshole of the U.S., aka Ohio
Posts: 161
Wow...with all the insanity, it makes me kind of glad I couldn't get my story posted...
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #109
serpentongue
Virgin
 
serpentongue is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Here we go.

NIGGER BULLSHIT!
WHY IS THIS STORY IN THE LW CATEGORY? IT SHOULD BE IN THE FETISH NIGGER CATEGORY. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR WIFE TO A BLACK MAN. YOU WON'T EVER GET HER BACK. YOU STUPID PATHETIC SICK FUCK CUCKOLD ASSHOLE
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #110
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 33,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentongue View Post
Here we go.

NIGGER BULLSHIT!
WHY IS THIS STORY IN THE LW CATEGORY? IT SHOULD BE IN THE FETISH NIGGER CATEGORY. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR WIFE TO A BLACK MAN. YOU WON'T EVER GET HER BACK. YOU STUPID PATHETIC SICK FUCK CUCKOLD ASSHOLE
I'd take that as a compliment. You made your characters and story believable, and you made the reader care.
__________________
______________________


  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #111
estragon
Literotica Guru
 
estragon is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,578
Best feedback? Easy; dweaver999 welcoming my maiden effort to the "Valerie" series. He edited, corrected my mistakes and encouraged me. Whatever scores the story got after, I will always cherish his praise and the "5" he gave my story.

Worst is none--they gig you with a 1 or 2 and go away.

A good rule is the old merchants' line--if you like it, tell your friends. If you don't like it, tell me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #112
Tang88
Virgin
 
Tang88 is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: From HK via Canada, now based in UK, but regularly in UK, Belgium & Germany
Posts: 8
I seem to be fortunate in not receiving feedback that condemned the erotic genre. I guess there are always people who see anything here as 'wrong'. The feedback which has irritated me most has been focused on either very small issues or on insisting that every single plotline is wrapped up and every single character accounted for. Anyway, here are a selection of things that have irritated me in feedback, and which, unfortunately, seem to outweigh the positive comments:

Normally before I start reading a story I will give it a quick glance over and this is what I found which puts me off. Out of those 50 over paragraph 31 paragraph starts with 'Liz this...' 'Liz that...'

Change that and the flow of the story might be more exciting to read.


This is about a chapter which features only a single character, unsurprisingly, called Liz. Who counts up this kind of thing? Get on and read the story, you might actually enjoy it! If not, go out and count railings in the park or collect bus numbers.

There are still unanswered questions, namely where her father is. Why involve the mother at the end when it is our first interaction with that character?

I enjoyed the story but it could use some editing, and the sheer number of times you used the phrase "Spanish female vampire" is a little ridiculous but overall this was pretty enjoyable.


I checked, the phrase 'Spanish female vampire' appears only twice in a 15-chapter story and I only put it in due to previous criticism of use of the word 'vampiress'. This was the first of a triology, but nowadays I wonder if there is any point in connecting stories as all readers seem to want everything wrapped up. I put this down to Hollywood movies, whereas I prefer the more ambivalent approach of French thrillers or even something like 'No Country for Old Men', but clearly I am out of step with most readers. In the end I dropped the mother from the sequels. The answer to where the father had gone came in the third novel. Imagine 'The Lord of the Rings' if they destroyed the ring in the first book or the Harry Potter series if Voldemort was killed in the first book, and yet that is what readers seem to demand.

Have enjoyed your story, just a bit distracting the way you've tried to make the conversations seem real by adding the "um's" which is what I imagine you mean by the "erm".

Terribly patronising comment. Where the story was set and where I live, people do not say 'um', so I was not trying for 'um', I meant 'erm' and I used it.

It was too western European in style when it should have resembled Polanski in his weirdo film with Sharon Tate.

It was too oddball modern like catwoman meets batman in everything about the story was dull without suspense.

It was too pédé and not enough loup garou. (too queer and not enough werewolf)

Improve by finding some pics of Sharon Tate to see what a real woman looks like. Get out of Belguim and into Belarus for hard edge slavic horror to understand the edge you need in your reality and show the power of a dog taking it to his bitch, because two bitches in rubber might get you off but it doesn't come off as anything but wimp in a story.


This one was about a lesbian vampire story, modelled very much on the movie 'Underworld'. The commentator seemed to want me to have written a completely different story to what I did. Why should I write like a Polanski movie? Why should I have the werewolves dominant when vampires were meant to be the heroines?

Sometimes the feedback makes me feel I should give up writing entirely. I suppose commentators on erotica websites are going to be more virulent than on other locations. However, a lot of readers also seem to obsess over minutiae rather than good stories, but I guess that characterises fetishes, so I should not be surprised that it is applied to erotic fiction as well. Myself, if I read a story that is good but not quite what I wanted, I go out and write my own version with the outcome I want, rather than tell the author that they have got it all wrong.

One thing I would note to anyone considering writing a multi-novel series: do not bother. Make each novel appear like a stand-alone story, otherwise you will have a dimishing readership for each stage. With 'The Key' trilogy the readership has dropped by a third with each sequel, so it is not a fraction of the readership for the first novel. I have now shelved plans for a fourth novel (for obvious reasons, on these mathematics, no-one will read it). People reading here want everything wrapped up by the end of a novel and every character accounted for:

What happened to Caroline?

Was a question I got asked recently. Caroline is one of a large group of women who only appear at the end of the third part of a story. Like many minor characters, she was a plot device, as looking for her, leads the heroine of the story off to her fate when separated from the others. Caroline does not matter, and yet, readers seem to expect me to finish every story as if it was the last episode of 'Band of Brothers' and write 'after this story, Caroline lived for the next twenty years in Slough and had three children and worked in a call centre; Lucy emigrated to Australia where she runs a successful travel agency and is currently dating Dan who is a divorced father of one from Melbourne; Lisa...' and so on. Let me leave some mystery and some room for sequels and spin-offs! I treat my readers as intelligent people and I assume that they have their own imaginations so I like to leave something for that too.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 AM   #113
Tang88
Virgin
 
Tang88 is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: From HK via Canada, now based in UK, but regularly in UK, Belgium & Germany
Posts: 8
I was interested in fknfresh's comment about people questioning the motivations of their characters. A lot of writers here draw on real life or things that we have seen or read about that are real, and usually, like writers in any genre, we use that as the basis of how our characters act. I know there is a fantasy element in almost everything written here, but generally we all default back to genuine behaviour, even if it is about aliens, they tend to behave how we know people would.

My trilogy, 'The Key' is about women becoming vampires and becoming pretty empowered by that fact. In the second novel, Selina has effectively become a pet of a vampire, but when her own, dormant, vampire traits are revealed she sets off to carve out a life for herself, independent of her dominant lover. It was hardly Feminist fiction, but it did seem to make sense, that having shaken off the enthrallment, she would not stick around. If she had done, anyway, the series would have ended then. However, the desire to get away from a relationship in which you are compelled to be submissive not only sexually but in all aspects of life, seemed to be illogical to one reader:

She's going to leave all that hot sex with Neron just like that? Surely she'd give him a chance and see how it goes with her newly awakened self? Then if he's still only wanting a constantly submissive pet she can ditch him but I kindof like him. They could even perhaps work some of the warring clans problems out between them, you'd think that they've got enough to worry about with the humans let alone fighting amongst themselves.

I fear that a lot of feedback is trying the channel us all into taking very particular directions with what we write. For example, not having trans-sexuals/transvestites that look like women so as not to shock very heterosexual readers. I am glad I have stayed away from the 'Loving Wives' category as it seems to be the most policed by these people, but in other categories too, there seem to be people less concerned with the quality of a story and more with ensuring that all fit to their personal rules for the genre.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #114
vrosej10
Questioning your sanity??
 
vrosej10's Avatar
 
vrosej10 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NSW, reading poetry
Posts: 6,196
I have had some weird ones but before I start, you know what gets me? People hanging around a porn site bitch about being surrounded by perverts?! It's like going to a library and whinging about seeing books.

A couple of my stories are in the Mature category (there should be a Very Mature category) and deal with a sexual fetish called gerontophilia (sexual attraction to the elderly). One guy, which was nice said he never knew the name for his sexual preference and thanked me for letting him know. On the same story, someone said the following:

'Stick to the poetry

No! No! No! Fucking old ladies til they die is surely manslaughter.
'

She died in her sleep ( a hazard of being 80 and a hazard of dating the elderly) and was most definitely not fucked to death.

The worst comment I actually deleted because I was so offended by it but it basically accused me of plagarism and said that I'd be arrested in France. I had never read the story in question and had only vaguely ever heard of it.
__________________
Neolithic Fertility Goddess

Queen of typos!!

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. –Anais Nin

(thanks for the great quote McKenna! ).

Tell me who you hate and I'll tell you who you are.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #115
Tang88
Virgin
 
Tang88 is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: From HK via Canada, now based in UK, but regularly in UK, Belgium & Germany
Posts: 8
Yes, why even go into a particular category if you know you are likely to be offended by it. Everything is labelled very clearly here and I stay away from many types of fiction here that I know would simply not appeal to me. There is so much more else to read that I am more likely to enjoy!

Yes, plagiarism seems to be something often levelled at people. I have often been surprised to find stories very close to ones I have not made public. However, it is not surprising given that there must be tens if not hundreds of stories being loaded up here every day and there are only a finite set of circumstance we can write about, especially, as on this website most material generally involves sex. Even with films and books it is often a real legal challenge to prove plagiarism. Most authors want to get their own ideas across, but given the limit to human imagination it is not surprising that sometimes two of us come up with something very similar, I am surprised it does not happen more often.

Historically French copyright expired sooner than was the case in Britain or the USA and since 2006 they have come in line with the rest of the EU legislation on copyright so you would be at no greater risk of being arrested in France than you would be in any other EU country.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #116
vrosej10
Questioning your sanity??
 
vrosej10's Avatar
 
vrosej10 is offline
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NSW, reading poetry
Posts: 6,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tang88 View Post
Yes, why even go into a particular category if you know you are likely to be offended by it. Everything is labelled very clearly here and I stay away from many types of fiction here that I know would simply not appeal to me. There is so much more else to read that I am more likely to enjoy!

Yes, plagiarism seems to be something often levelled at people. I have often been surprised to find stories very close to ones I have not made public. However, it is not surprising given that there must be tens if not hundreds of stories being loaded up here every day and there are only a finite set of circumstance we can write about, especially, as on this website most material generally involves sex. Even with films and books it is often a real legal challenge to prove plagiarism. Most authors want to get their own ideas across, but given the limit to human imagination it is not surprising that sometimes two of us come up with something very similar, I am surprised it does not happen more often.

Historically French copyright expired sooner than was the case in Britain or the USA and since 2006 they have come in line with the rest of the EU legislation on copyright so you would be at no greater risk of being arrested in France than you would be in any other EU country.
It's the Christians that get me. People is glasshouses shouldn't throw fucking stones...
Agreed and this was a fairly typical tale, fitting into a recognisable category of sex tales. There would be a lot of tales like it out there.
__________________
Neolithic Fertility Goddess

Queen of typos!!

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. –Anais Nin

(thanks for the great quote McKenna! ).

Tell me who you hate and I'll tell you who you are.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2011, 07:51 PM   #117
NicoleSix
Virgin
 
NicoleSix is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: US
Posts: 15
I never really get much detailed responses about my writing. Especially in Loving Wives. In this genre I get two types of comments:

1) Loved it! (thanks, BTW).
2) Your characters are sick, you are sick and the fact that you write about this stuff shows that you are just waiting for a moment to cheat on your husband.

The mystery to me is, why on earth do the (always anonymous) posters of type 2) read anything in the LW category. They seem to suffer some type of self-loathing compulsion that drives them to read only the stories they cannot stand.

I personally find the idea of incest to be nauseating and I would never find an incest story to be good. But I don't hang out in the Incest/Taboo section writing anonymous comments on how sick those stories are either. I just don't read them - ever.

Last edited by NicoleSix : 01-14-2011 at 07:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #118
Lady_Fiona
Just me....
 
Lady_Fiona's Avatar
 
Lady_Fiona is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The melting pot
Posts: 19,920
I've just been told I am overweight with serious mental health issues and that I write to get attention. He/she/it wasted their time reading my rubbish.

1. Surely you would know its shite BEFORE you get to the third chapter?

and

2. Why is feedback like this always anonymous, why has NOBODY ever got the balls to give right to reply?

I couldn't give a shit really, different people like different things, its just a shame that the anonymous of the lit world don't grow some.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #119
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by britneyfan View Post
I don't know if this belongs here or author's hangout (but that seems just a place for more general chatter). Anyway, I've now been doing this literotica lark for enough time to have accumulated quite a bit of feedback. So, I was just reading back over some of it from the last couple of years, reminding myself of what people said and enjoying people's comments all over again. All of which got me to thinking, anonymous public feedback is rarely constructive but always a good read, both positive and negative!

Have other people had any notable/memorable feedback that they would like to share? Anything amusingly gushing? Anything irritatingly negative that you would love to get off your chest?

My stories are all either about crossdressers and transsexuals or incest or, often, both, therefore there is plenty of kinky, taboo stuff in there. Maybe this suggests something about me to my readers. Sometimes it suggests some pretty curious stuff, like this from a few years back....

Slut...
And of course only a Dominatrix slut like you would be hopelessly in love with her daddy and raid her mommys orgy-closet-toys with the intent of pleasureing her daddy while mommy is at her weekly gangbang and get off the best on that little tiny cock of her daddys she grew up wanting so bad; flaunting, teaseing, and begging for... Not even the boys could quench that hunger-thirst for ya, huh babydoll?


Huh?

Now, although the related story does indeed concern a daughter dominating her father, I can't for the life of me imagine where the rest of this strange stream of consciousness came from. And that's regardless of the fact that my profile clearly lists me as male and the whole story is written in the first person from the father's perspective so how I'm now somehow the "dominatrix slut hopelessly in love with her daddy" I don't know.

PS I don't even know if this was a positive or negative comment as it voted a score of 50. Does the commenter think it's hot that I'm these things he pictures me as, or does he think I'm a freak for it?

That's just the tip of the iceberg too!

britneyfan
Favorite. From Siblings with Benefits Lex Talionis Ch 5 when Ladyredfang refers to Deliver? I had mad e a comment in the authors note that I had felt that I had hyped up the final confrontation between two characters that I wasn;t sure if I deliverd it poperly (yeah a fight scene on lit crazy I know) here is the quote

Oh fuck me!
01/05/11 By: Ladyredfang
This story is fucking phenomenal! I approached this chapter apprehensively knowing what was to come and I was surprised to find myself devouring your words voraciously.
As for living up to expectations, please.... you fucked the shit out of it AND left it begging for more!

The worst was through lit feedback and was for Siblings with benefits Chapter 1
"there is no such thing as a private prosecutor in the USA. If you are going to outright make things up I find I can no longer read your series."

First off I ahd researched this fact and there is in certain states under certain circumstances so I did not just make it up. second if you would let a small detail like that stop you from reading a sex story you are a little high brow for the site. Of course in the end what pissed me off was that it was anon. sso i couldn't even tell the jerk he was wrong
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #120
demantoid
Virgin
 
demantoid is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
from someone who leaves comments/feedback

I am rather new to Literotica. I enjoy the stories, particularly Loving Wives. I like to leave comments as I want to thank the authors as well as to encourage writers (in a very few cases discourage writers) for their efforts and great story telling talents. Reading all these comments here on this thread, I feel rather discouraged leaving comments now, and further, discouraged from enjoying the Loving Wives stories. Also I find an unpleasant vibe/cynicism toward commentators from you "authors". There is an arrogance communicated and an almost demeaning vibe generated toward readers of the Loving Wives category ...for example authors toying with the idea of just posting a story in LW so they can generate feedback or provoke comments. I guess I must be a Pavlovian Dog! I have noticed this snide vibe toward commentators in the Loving Wives category not just in this thread, but throughout Literotica. On the one hand, I constantly read the pleas at the beginning or end of a story..."please leave a comment" or "I really write these stories for the feedback"..."even negative comments", yet a glib negativity toward LW commentators seeps through making fun of those leaving comments. Taking this a step further, this attitude reflects on every reader who enjoys the LW category versus all other categories. I feel like an unwashed pariah, a leper in the world of erotica. The horror! The horror!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #121
leyline
Virgin
 
leyline is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 3
I'm a relatively new author to Literotica and I must say that writing and reading the stories on this site has been more than pleasurable. I haven't had an intense amount of feedback and have only written stories in two different categories, but I am hoping to expand that horizon.

The following is the worst feedback I've received. It was my first attempt at incest and this was the first response, this person actually made me feel guilty for the story I had written:


"i stopped when you had her remember being raped if i wanted to see that in a story i would go to that area it has no reason to be in the incest area they have seperate areas for a reason THERE ARE READERS HERE THAT HAVE BEEN RAPED AND DO NOT WANT TO BE REMINDED OF THE HELL THEY WENT THROUGH SO KEEP IT IN THE PROPER AREA NOT HERE"

I was so ashamed I wanted to delete my story immediately, even though there was no actual rape in the story...I only referenced a past event to illustrate one of the personal demons my character must conquer. Of course after calming myself I remembered why I presented my characters with certain obstacles and challenges to overcome.

The following comment was from the same chapter and gave me the confidence to continue writing the story:

"Very very good

I like the struggle Liam is going through. To me this is what makes the incest genre compelling.

It's not supposed to be easy. It's supposed to be hard. That's what makes this story so good.

I'm looking forward to chapter 2"

The writer of this comment put in the simplest of terms why I wanted to write a story within the incest genre. The struggle that these characters face, deciding to forgo a normal life for this base form of love is a fascinating and beautiful tale that should be told and in as many ways as possible.

I thank my readers, not just from the story that I have mentioned in this post but from my other ones as well. I'm always so timid when it comes to feedback and I just thought it important to thank the readers on this sight for taking the time to join me in a fantasy.

When responding to a story, understand the power you hold at the tip of your fingers. I want the feedback, good or bad, I believe it will help me become a better writer. If you have a problem with a story, tell the author in a constructive manor...relinquish the caps lock button, its not necesary.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 PM   #122
DarianBlack
Experienced
 
DarianBlack is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wayne
Don't leave us here.

Jet, you have the beginnings of a beautiful story. It has been such a long time since you were actively submitting chapters, we can't help but be fearful that you may never finish this one. I certainly hope you will. I believe you have a beautiful talent for writing. I encourage you to consider finishing this one, and I'm certain that I am speaking for several others who have come across this story.
*sighs* Yep...

After about two years off, I finally got back to writing too. Mainly because of this comment, to be honest.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #123
Tang88
Virgin
 
Tang88 is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: From HK via Canada, now based in UK, but regularly in UK, Belgium & Germany
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by demantoid View Post
I am rather new to Literotica. I enjoy the stories, particularly Loving Wives. I like to leave comments as I want to thank the authors as well as to encourage writers (in a very few cases discourage writers) for their efforts and great story telling talents. Reading all these comments here on this thread, I feel rather discouraged leaving comments now, and further, discouraged from enjoying the Loving Wives stories. Also I find an unpleasant vibe/cynicism toward commentators from you "authors". There is an arrogance communicated and an almost demeaning vibe generated toward readers of the Loving Wives category ...for example authors toying with the idea of just posting a story in LW so they can generate feedback or provoke comments. I guess I must be a Pavlovian Dog! I have noticed this snide vibe toward commentators in the Loving Wives category not just in this thread, but throughout Literotica. On the one hand, I constantly read the pleas at the beginning or end of a story..."please leave a comment" or "I really write these stories for the feedback"..."even negative comments", yet a glib negativity toward LW commentators seeps through making fun of those leaving comments. Taking this a step further, this attitude reflects on every reader who enjoys the LW category versus all other categories. I feel like an unwashed pariah, a leper in the world of erotica. The horror! The horror!

I think you have really missed the point. It is apparent that there are people who visit this website, who actually have no interest in erotic literature. They are clearly dedicated because they spend time working their way through stories they clearly hate so that they can make very vitriolic comments about the authors. No writer here has an issue with genuine readers, even if they are critical about the author's work. As many other authors here have commented, it is very developmental and that is why so many authors ask for feedback.

You are not sensible is somehow seeing complaints against the attackers as being a criticism of all readers of certain categories, that is a huge leap. It just seems that those people who can add nothing constructive and are simply here to insult authors tend to be more attracted to the Loving Wives category than any others. Saying that, I never write for that category, and have attracted strange rather than hostile feedback, often revolving around minor, seemingly irrelevant issues.

Authors put themselves out there even if we use writing names. People also email me directly with comments. However, the most vicious attacks tend to be from people who remain anonymous and you must question why they do that. It seems that flaming is an activity that is a hobby in itself to a number of people (given they are anonymous, I actually think the numbers are smaller than it may appear, with the same people attacking different authors).

I also think you are wrong to detect an elitism among authors. Are you not simply then putting us all into a single category as you have accused us of doing with the Loving Wives readers? However, we are the people who do the work. I put up stories that sometimes only attract a handful of readers. I am seeking no glory. I do remember as a young man having particular sexual quirks and wondering if I was wrong. Here I found that in fact, there were scores of people who felt the same and that helped me come to terms with who I am. There are stories here which highlight alarming things, but they are typically flagged up as that. I do not like them, I stay away from them and other readers can do the same. My life is too short to waste time reading things I do not like. However, the bulk of the writing here will tell you a lot more truths about sex and the emotions attached to it (the risks too) than the tons of visual pornography out there. We know that young men and women are getting very distorted images of what they 'must' do to be doing sex 'right'. Reading Loving Wives stories here would given them a more accurate idea.

Remember too the authors are readers as well. I am always accessing stories here. In addition, many readers become authors. Certainly when anyone contacts me and says the story turned out differently to how they wanted or it was phrased in a way they found awkward, I suggest they write their own version. I have always done that. Anyone who can read and write can be an author, there is no exam to get into the 'club', partly because there is really no 'club' just a group of individuals who disagree with each other as much as they might with readers.

There is no reason to feel like a 'pariah'. Readers are unique individuals just as authors are. There is a fine line between the two sets of people and most of us go back and forth into the two categories sometimes on a daily basis. However, I do believe people who write here do deserve to be treated in a respectful manner. Writers welcome criticism but like everyone they do not need to be told that they are the spawn of the Devil, nor that because they have written a story they would be expecting to behave in the way shown. If that was the case then we would need to run from Stephen King or Anne Rice or any number of horror writers, let alone whoever came up with the 'Saw' series. Fiction is fiction it is not fact and the sooner some people realise that the better feedback is likely to become.

In the meantime, do not feel excluded and do not think there is some conspiracy to dump you into a category. I have a feeling that nothing done here is done glibly. People are too busy plotting the next story to bother even trying to achieve anything like that.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2011, 04:53 AM   #124
Tang88
Virgin
 
Tang88 is offline
Join Date: May 2004
Location: From HK via Canada, now based in UK, but regularly in UK, Belgium & Germany
Posts: 8
Lovecraft 68,
I agree. I am always astounded how people's whole reading experience crashes to an end the moment they read something they feel is untrue. If that was the case I would have probably stopped reading most novels and watching all Hollywood films that I went to see.

The second thing is how parochial are these people? There seems to be a sense that if it does not happen in their neighbourhood then it cannot happen at all, anywhere else. Do they want stories which reference all the facts as if they were some academic book? Just look at even the most accurate TV dramas or films, there is a licence to step away from everything being precisely real. After all, do they criticise because the characters you feature are not in fact real people, should we be compelled only to write about true life events? Even then, especially when it comes to sex, whose perspective do we take, everyone sees and experiences things differently.

Most authors I know go to great lengths to get names and details precise for their setting. This was one reason when I started writing I stuck to fantasy worlds where I was in control of the universe and no-one could second guess what was right or wrong there.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #125
britneyfan
Experienced
 
britneyfan is offline
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by demantoid View Post
I am rather new to Literotica. I enjoy the stories, particularly Loving Wives. I like to leave comments as I want to thank the authors as well as to encourage writers (in a very few cases discourage writers) for their efforts and great story telling talents. Reading all these comments here on this thread, I feel rather discouraged leaving comments now, and further, discouraged from enjoying the Loving Wives stories. Also I find an unpleasant vibe/cynicism toward commentators from you "authors". There is an arrogance communicated and an almost demeaning vibe generated toward readers of the Loving Wives category ...for example authors toying with the idea of just posting a story in LW so they can generate feedback or provoke comments. I guess I must be a Pavlovian Dog! I have noticed this snide vibe toward commentators in the Loving Wives category not just in this thread, but throughout Literotica. On the one hand, I constantly read the pleas at the beginning or end of a story..."please leave a comment" or "I really write these stories for the feedback"..."even negative comments", yet a glib negativity toward LW commentators seeps through making fun of those leaving comments. Taking this a step further, this attitude reflects on every reader who enjoys the LW category versus all other categories. I feel like an unwashed pariah, a leper in the world of erotica. The horror! The horror!
Writers generally love to receive comments on their stories, so good on you for writing them. I started this thread not to be arrogant or demeaning towards people who've left comments, but as a chance for authors to have a way at letting off some steam about the infuriating ones and showing gratitude for the genuinely nice ones. Virtually all the comments on my stories that I've quoted here are anonymous and left publicly on the stories, so I don't think there's anything especially wrong or offensive about posting them here. After all, anonymous feedback offers very little other avenues to respond to it. Some of this kind of feedback can be pretty threatening and/or hurtful. As far as I'm concerned, the healthy thing for authors to do is to laugh at that kind of thing. Nobody here has dismissed constructive feedback, which we're all for, and some people (myself included) have reproduced favourites that they are truly grateful for.

Yes, sometimes I write stuff that's pretty screwed up, and, yes, sometimes I enjoy the weird negative reactions it seems to bring out in people, but I wouldn't ever (and I imagine nor would most other writers) write a story just to piss people off. My incest stories are clearly tagged as incest, transsexual ones as transsexual etc. As far as I'm concerned, if people come into the crossdressers story section to comment about how wrong crossdressers are then they're the ones just looking to stir up some shit, not me writing the story. The story categories and tagging are designed to bring people to the stories that they want, nobody should feel a pariah for finding the stories that appeal to them, even if other people aren't into those stories. That's what the rich variety of literotica is for.

I've never posted in Loving Wives, so I know that some of your post isn't really directed at me, but I think a lot of authors probably think like I do and appreciate anybody enjoying or offering comment on their stories. So, please, go ahead, find what turns you on, and read it without shame, then let the writer know what you thought.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.