Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 02-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Bandit's Blurt and Vent Thread

I see several people have their own little corner of Lit where they can vent and blurt away, so I decided that instead of posting bits and pieces here and there that I would start my own thread.

I put this on the What Pissed You Off Today thread, and so I thought I'd put it here too:

It looks like there is a problem with Sir's fistula (for haemodialysis).

I had problems getting the venous cannula in on Friday (it seemed like it was in but no flash of blood in the tube). So we raced to the hospital where one of the nurses managed to get it in (with some difficulty I might add) and so we raced back home again to get Him on the machine....we managed the full 8 hours but the venous pressure was much higher than normal so we had to run the blood pump slower (210ml/min as opposed to 270/280 ml/min we normally get).

I've had problems before but have been able to resolve them - but not this time.

We believe there is some clotting or narrowing (again ). We rang the Sydney Dialysis Centre and told them, someone is coming tomorrow at 11.30am to watch me cannulate.....why I do not know as it's obvious there's a problem with the fistula and NOT my technique They've kept a spot open at the hospital tomorrow afternoon for an ultrasound, if there's clotting or narrowing then He will need a fistulagram (a clean out or stretching of the fistula with a stent). He may need another vascath in His neck so He can be dialysed, He's on blood thinners so they will need to be stopped for a couple days prior, and I am so upset because we do not deserve this....we've had six months of relatively trouble free dialysis why does this have to happen now

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but we've been through this too many times. He's talking about going back to the hospital for dialysis - I do not want that, He's so much better when we can do it here at home.

I'm frustrated, angry and upset, I know it is nothing that I have done but it's hard not to blame myself

Happily collared and married to my Master Gil_T2 on 9 December 2006

"D/s is how we express that we love each other, BDSM is how we make love with each other." from desertslave

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes now!

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
minx1
Enchanted Rebel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit58 View Post
I see several people have their own little corner of Lit where they can vent and blurt away, so I decided that instead of posting bits and pieces here and there that I would start my own thread.

I put this on the What Pissed You Off Today thread, and so I thought I'd put it here too:

It looks like there is a problem with Sir's fistula (for haemodialysis).

I had problems getting the venous cannula in on Friday (it seemed like it was in but no flash of blood in the tube). So we raced to the hospital where one of the nurses managed to get it in (with some difficulty I might add) and so we raced back home again to get Him on the machine....we managed the full 8 hours but the venous pressure was much higher than normal so we had to run the blood pump slower (210ml/min as opposed to 270/280 ml/min we normally get).

I've had problems before but have been able to resolve them - but not this time.

We believe there is some clotting or narrowing (again ). We rang the Sydney Dialysis Centre and told them, someone is coming tomorrow at 11.30am to watch me cannulate.....why I do not know as it's obvious there's a problem with the fistula and NOT my technique They've kept a spot open at the hospital tomorrow afternoon for an ultrasound, if there's clotting or narrowing then He will need a fistulagram (a clean out or stretching of the fistula with a stent). He may need another vascath in His neck so He can be dialysed, He's on blood thinners so they will need to be stopped for a couple days prior, and I am so upset because we do not deserve this....we've had six months of relatively trouble free dialysis why does this have to happen now

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but we've been through this too many times. He's talking about going back to the hospital for dialysis - I do not want that, He's so much better when we can do it here at home.

I'm frustrated, angry and upset, I know it is nothing that I have done but it's hard not to blame myself

He doesn't call you wonder woman for nothing yanno

Hope tomorrow goes well. Thinking of you

Brave of Heart

Sail away from the safe harbour.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain

Well, this little girl grew up and moved away.
And she lived her life full of risk and full of play.
And she lived her life with so much to say,
And her flowers, they grow more beautiful every day.
Little Red, Kate Nash

Betwixt and Between........this reluctant antevasin

"The very instant that I saw You did my heart fly to Your service; there resides to make me slave to it and for Your sake" William Shakespeare

"if one person can not trust the veracity of another's words, communication is utterly meaningless." JMohegan

Old 02-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #3
ultramarineblue
Indefinable

Quote:
*snip*

This is something I really struggle with in a variety of situations.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
daddiespet
Literotica Guru

i hope it gets better *hugs*

Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
FurryFury
Addict of Sensation

*HUGS and HUGS*

"I ask nothing but what you would freely give me. I honor you as you are, not as something to change." ~ Me

Helping people is one of my drugs but the overdose can be a real bitch. ~ Me

Warning: Steroids make me snappish. ~ Me

The stories I have here at Lit: Vote if you like the stories!
http://english.literotica.com/storie...ge=submissions

Fury's Filthy Stories: http://www.literotica.com:81/forum/s...d.php?t=400253

Old 02-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

good luck.
my heart, beating upon the ground
you picked it up and helped me see
like puzzle pieces, you and me
your baby girl, your doll, your kitten
im Master's slave, and i am smitten

screwed into slavery by red hot penis power

my story: http://www.literotica.com:81/stories....php?id=283221

slavery: carved into my heart, branded into my soul, echoed on my body

Old 02-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Well, the woman from SDC came as arranged. I tried to cannulate the venous buttonhole - no luck. She took over, tried to draw back on the syringe filled with saline attached to the cannula and a small clot came through.

I filled a couple more syringes with saline and she drew out a long "tube" of soft clotted blood. Continued doing that until we had fresh blood, then flushed with a mixture of 9ml saline 1ml heparin. I put the other cannula in, flushed that, connected Sir to the machine and we were away. Pressures are good and He is comfortable. Relief all round

We are still going to insist on an ultrasound just to check all is ok. I am to try to cannulate again on Wednesday and to let them know the outcome either way. SDC woman tells me my cannulation technique is excellent - Sir tells me He knew that anyway

I can breathe again

"D/s is how we express that we love each other, BDSM is how we make love with each other." from desertslave

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!

The power of submission lies not in the ability to kneel before another, to give over one's body or in the wearing of a collar.
The power of submission can be found only in the heart of one who gives her love to another freely knowing what joy and pain will come of it - Roguer

Old 02-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

glad things are going well again, that must have been scary.

breathing is very important. i hope you keep doing that

Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerslut View Post
glad things are going well again, that must have been scary.

breathing is very important. i hope you keep doing that
Thanks mis *grin* There are times when I have to breathe through my ears....

Old 02-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
myinnerslut
His chains. His lash.

Quote:
Thanks mis *grin* There are times when I have to breathe through my ears....
i know the feeling.

then there are the times im so caught up in life i forget to breath at all.... followed by the inevitable crash

Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
FurryFury
Addict of Sensation

I'm so glad things are looking better.

"I ask nothing but what you would freely give me. I honor you as you are, not as something to change." ~ Me

Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 PM   #12
ultramarineblue
Indefinable

Quote:
Originally Posted by myinnerslut View Post
i know the feeling.

then there are the times im so caught up in life i forget to breath at all.... followed by the inevitable crash
And that crash usually sucks.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

We decided to go to the hospital yesterday and ask for an ultrasound. This showed some stenosis (narrowing) of the fistula so it was arranged that Sir would have a fistulagram, hopefully that day.
Luckily for us there was a doctor available at one of the private hospitals who does not worry that a patient has been taking blood thinners or that they have not been fasting - in fact Sir was encouraged to have lunch before we went there

Sir had the fistulagram yesterday afternoon, under a local anaesthetic and a little sedation. He was awake when I was allowed to see Him, and we successfully made it home by about 5.30pm. We were told not to dialyse today so we won't know until tomorrow how things will go. His arm is quite tender so cannulation could be a fun time (not).

I am emotionally exhausted and I have developed a cold sore from all the stress Just what I need!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #14
graceanne
not me in the av

*hugs*

Wish I could help.

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*

My Stories

Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #15
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceanne View Post
*hugs*

Wish I could help.
Virtual hugs are good thank you grace....so sorry to hear about your grandpa *hugs back*

Old 02-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #16
FurryFury
Addict of Sensation

*HUGS*

I'm sending you positive thoughts.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:50 AM   #17
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryFury View Post
*HUGS*

I'm sending you positive thoughts.

Thanks FF Sir was impressed with this doctor, much more so than many others He has dealt with, but tomorrow will tell as we try dialysis again

Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #18
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Well we had problems again with the venous buttonhole. We went back to the hospital where our nurse cannulated with a sharp needle a little further down - success Sir is still dialysing as I type and things have gone smoothly so far.

It looks like we will have to form a new buttonhole - the other may have scar tissue in the tunnel preventing the cannula from going in. This means we use a sharp one for about 8-10 times to form a new tunnel into the fistula. The danger of using a sharp means more chance of "bombing" the fistula, meaning the needle goes through the other side causing a haematoma. I have used sharps before but am going to be very careful while we form the new buttonhole.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #19
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Sir is safely on the machine, the cannulation today was successful The new buttonhole is going to be about a centimetre (1/2 inch) below the old one.

I can't tell you how relieved I feel, that we were able to do this today without a problem. I was getting so sick and tired of things always seeming to go wrong for us. No doubt something similar will happen again, and Sir may need regular fistulagrams to prevent this, but we will see when He sees His renal doctor on Monday.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #20
FurryFury
Addict of Sensation

I'm so glad things are working right now.

*HUGS*

Old 02-14-2009, 12:43 AM   #21
Noor
Serendipity is my friend

Quote:
Sir is safely on the machine, the cannulation today was successful The new buttonhole is going to be about a centimetre (1/2 inch) below the old one.

I can't tell you how relieved I feel, that we were able to do this today without a problem. I was getting so sick and tired of things always seeming to go wrong for us. No doubt something similar will happen again, and Sir may need regular fistulagrams to prevent this, but we will see when He sees His renal doctor on Monday.

Hugs to both of you! I am very relieved to hear things are better.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #22
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryFury View Post
I'm so glad things are working right now.

*HUGS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor
Hugs to both of you! I am very relieved to hear things are better.
Thank you
Seeing as Sir will have spent most of Valentine's Day on the machine, we are having our own Valentine's Day tomorrow

Old 02-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #23
Bandit58
Sir's wonder woman

It looks like things have finally settled down again - I have managed another two cannulations with sharps with no problem and dialysis is going well.

Sir saw His renal doctor on Monday and was told to increase His dry weight, which is the weight we aim for at the end of dialysis. He has been having a lot of trouble with excruciating leg cramps. Now we know that His weight was too low, and He was too "dry". So instead of going for 83kg we are now going for 85.5kg. I must be feeding Him too well! The cramping has eased dramatically over the last couple of days and He tells me He feels better - not as "drained" (pardon the pun )

Also just wanted to add that we are back to "playing" again - when things like this past week happen I tend to stress and "switch off" my sexual self. We have resolved that no matter what happens we will still make time for our relationship and not let unpleasant medical shit put it on the back burner. Sir said that those times are when closeness is most needed....and those times are when we both need reassurance and love.

Last edited by Bandit58 : 02-18-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: adding last paragraph

Old 02-18-2009, 05:20 AM   #24
Sir_Winston54
Assume the position!

Very glad to hear that things are looking up for you and Gil... and that you're wise enough to make some time in these difficult times for yourselves. While adversity alone can strengthen a relationship, it more often does when the parties are resolved that it do so and give it the opportunity.
Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

If you or a loved one has been attacked by cancer
and you're not familiar with the "Fuck You, Cancer" thread,
click the button above.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #25
catalina_francisco
Happily insatiable always

Easier said than done, but try not to be so hard on yourself in these moments. We often forget what it is we do in our day to day service, or more to the point, the part it plays in serving the one we love...it is wonderful when they remind us and things are back on track.

Catalina

The Joy Of Pain

Our Stories and Poetry

The 500 Question Purity Test - score 26.2% Pure

Kink Score - 861 - Wow!! You're too kinky for most!!

Slave Register #624517 - registered as owned 22-06-2002

"I thought I wasn't interested in pornography, but then I realised it was because I was having sex all the time...if you stop having sex, pornography becomes inspiring"....Russell Brand