Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Discussion Circle

Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #276
Penelope Street
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOh
Hi, I've just written my first BDSM story and am feeling kind of unsure about it so would really appreciate some constructive criticism. Please can I join the queue?
Hi and Welcome!

You may certainly join the queue and since that means you'd be the queue, feel free to start your discussion whenever you are ready to do so. And if you have any questions beforehand, don't be shy with them.

Take Care,
Penny

Old 05-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #277
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

note

see grimfalcon's thread at

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=763497

Old 05-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #278
Shinzon
Virgin

Okay, at the request of Pure I'd like for toss two of my storries into the queue for consideration. While not chapters, the two stories
The Awakening and The Away Day are very much coupled.

I'd be interesting in seeing the good, the bad and the ugly.

Regards,

Shinzon

Old 05-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #279
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

Thanks for the note! Yes, shinzon, please go ahead with one, after one week to give grimfalcon
his chance.

Style the thread in the usual manner.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #280
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

Order

Hi folks,

I've reviewed stories posted in the last month.

These include those by j2407, dannychellette, cruel2bkind, propheteer, and Hannah90. [[Through an oversight, I omitted Hannah90 from the list when I first made this post. Sorry, Hannah!]]

My suggestion is to look at the last two this week. I asking that responses to the first two to be temporarily suspended. I will not close the thread, but post a request to that effect.

So this week will be Grimfalcon, and the three older stories, by cruel, propheteer, and Hannah90.

Next week, Shinzon, and the two older stories by j2407 and danny.

Last edited by Pure : 06-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #281
Shinzon
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Thanks for the note! Yes, shinzon, please go ahead with one, after one week to give grimfalcon
his chance.

Style the thread in the usual manner.
Thanks Pure! I will submit one of them for critique on/or about 05 JUne. I welcome the opportunity to grow as a writer and will submit the thread in the approprite format/form.

Regards,

Shinzon

Old 05-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #282
Grimfalcon
Really Experienced

Hi everyone,
Sorry to step on any toes with me just jumping into the discussion circle without a formal introduction or request; my fault for not reading through the sticky that carefully. My most humble apologies to all involved.
I'm still not sure on something though; for future comments/ posts regarding 'Red' are they made on this thread, or the one I started? Beare with me pelase, I'm still new to this.

Once again, thanks for not jumping down my throat over this, and I look forward to any and all meaningful discussion topics on my story once the ball get rolling on it a bit more. Not really much ging on with it at the moment, other then an intro.
I'll get to the to making my observasions and comments on the two previous stories in the next few days; Work has my prioity at the moment.

Best Regards,
Grim

Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #283
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

A problem

Someone posts a story on more or less their first visit to Lit, then disappears. One is reluctant to spend time on 'feedback' that may never be read, though discussion of writing, its merits and flaws
can always be productive.

Under the old system, one was sure about the poster's presence and interest.

My answer as of now is that i look at "find all posts", and see if the poster has any Lit involvement since posting his or her story. If so,
I proceed. If not, i will send a query.

Propheteer seems to be in the problematic category, though the story is certainly intriguing and well written. I hope we hear from him or her.

Same for j2407, although his or her contributiion is more prosaic, though not unworthy of comment.

Last edited by Pure : 06-04-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #284
MadMark104
Virgin

Well, having been an avid reader on here I had the urge to write a story and joined. I duly made my first entry and I'm waiting while it gets approved. being a new member does this mean no-one will review it as I don't have "history"?
I will be most disapointed if no-one looks at my first attempt.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #285
Penelope Street
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMark104
I duly made my first entry and I'm waiting while it gets approved. being a new member does this mean no-one will review it as I don't have "history"?
I will be most disapointed if no-one looks at my first attempt.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for volunteering your story. The queue is empty, so you're welcome to begin your discussion thread whenever your story is posted. It's anyone's guess how many will read your story and respond, but it'll probably have more to do with other reader's free time than any prejudice against new members. If you have any other questions, you needn't feel shy about asking them.

Take Care,
Penny

Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #286
MrMax59
Experienced

Story feedback please

Hi, I'm a recent author on Lit' but I do have several stories approved and available that have received positive feedback from readers. I'd like to raise the bar on myself and get more formal feedback from those interested.

I see that Mark has a story in queue for review and don't want to stomp on him/dual schedule without feedback from the moderator.

The story is Kinky Coffee and is in the BDSM category. I'm proud of it (after all, my baby is the most beautiful LOL) but I'm sure there's areas where I can do better.

Thanks in advance for any guidance as to protocol...

MrMax59

My stories: Lit Members Page

Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #287
Penelope Street
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMax59
Hi, I'm a recent author on Lit' but I do have several stories approved and available that have received positive feedback from readers. I'd like to raise the bar on myself and get more formal feedback from those interested.
Hi Max,

Thanks for joining us.

The 'suggested' format for a discussion thread is here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...37&postcount=2
It is your thread, so the that's is only a suggestion.

I'm not sure what's up with Mark, but his story is up nearly a week and we haven't heard anything from him, so if you're ready to start your discussion thread, please feel free to do so.

Take Care,
Penny

Old 02-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #288
MrMax59
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Street View Post
Hi Max,

Thanks for joining us.

The 'suggested' format for a discussion thread is here:
http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...37&postcount=2
It is your thread, so the that's is only a suggestion.

I'm not sure what's up with Mark, but his story is up nearly a week and we haven't heard anything from him, so if you're ready to start your discussion thread, please feel free to do so.

Take Care,
Penny
Thanks for the info, Penny. I'll try to get the thread started tomorrow morning, but it might be late in the evening before I can get to it.

MrMax

My stories: Lit Members Page

Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #289
misterstan
Virgin

Queue

Hi there, I have posted several stories on Lit and gotten quite mixed reviews. I understand this is common for the genre in which I write -- Loving Wives -- but I would nonetheless be interested in having a more sustained discussion about some of my pieces.

In particular I'd like to have a discussion about The Crush -- http://www.literotica.com/s/the-crush-9 and possibly its sequel/alternative version The Crush -- Annie's Tale -- http://www.literotica.com/s/the-crush-annies-tale.

Please let me know if I may proceed.

--MS

Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #290
Penelope Street
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterstan;
Hi there, I have posted several stories on Lit and gotten quite mixed reviews. I understand this is common for the genre in which I write -- Loving Wives -- but I would nonetheless be interested in having a more sustained discussion about some of my pieces.

Please let me know if I may proceed.
Hi Stan,

You are welcome to pick one of your stories and start your thread whenever you are ready.

Penny

Old 03-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #291
Jake_Knight
Straight Elagabalus

Question Wanna be next ;)

New member, longtime lurker here, got a pair of submissions I'd like to be reviewed.

Comments on my first story have been short, I'd like a more detailed explanation what does my story need to improve and such. Would this be the correct thread?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #292
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Knight View Post
New member, longtime lurker here, got a pair of submissions I'd like to be reviewed.

Comments on my first story have been short, I'd like a more detailed explanation what does my story need to improve and such. Would this be the correct thread?
You're better off posting in the story feedback forum and make sure you put the link to the stories in the post so people can find them easily. You will get what you are looking for over there.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #293
Jake_Knight
Straight Elagabalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
You're better off posting in the story feedback forum and make sure you put the link to the stories in the post so people can find them easily. You will get what you are looking for over there.
Thanks! Will do.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #294
Penelope Street
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Knight

Hi Jake,

You're welcome to host a discussion thread if that's what you want. The earliest start date would be next Tuesday.

This brief post may help a little with that decision:
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=643578

Take Care,
Penny

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #295
Mont1950
Really Experienced

Done with Lurking

Looking for some furiously honest brutal feedback. Just got my first short story accepted on Lit. What's my next step?

Mont.

http://www.literotica.com/s/slow-awakening-1

Last edited by Mont1950 : 06-11-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Adding link to story

Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #296
269Thalia
Experienced

Julie and the Demons - pick or pan?

viewpoints large and small, luv m all...

Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #297
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

Hi Mont

Feel free to set up a feedback thread, with the style of title you see in this forum. Post the link and any specific questions. Or I will set up for you, if you wish.

Thanks for volunteering,

Jan,
pure,
mod.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #298
Mont1950
Really Experienced

Thanks I will.

Mont.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #299
bi_cathy
Virgin

I've published my 2nd Literotica story about a month ago, and I got many positive comments and messages, but I'd still like more constructive feedback, especially that this story was written backwards, and english is my 3rd language.

http://www.literotica.com/s/i-know-w...ongue-has-been
I know where your tongue has been - "I watched her, in agony, revert from the track she had drawn for my nerves, as my pleasure coursed downwards and she went upwards, and I implored my heart to stop beating so my blood wouldn't pulse so hungrily fast against every capillary inside my intimacy" http://www.literotica.com/s/i-know-w...ongue-has-been

Last edited by bi_cathy : 07-07-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #300
Pure
Fiel a Verdad

hi

cathy, why don't you set this up as a thread, styled in the way our main stories for comment are?

here's an example:

Story Discussion: 6 March 2012 "The Crush" by misterstan

best
jan
'pure'
mod.

Last edited by Pure : 07-15-2012 at 10:40 AM.