Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests > Survivor Contest

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #26
CrimsonMaiden
Pretty in Pink
 
CrimsonMaiden's Avatar
 
CrimsonMaiden is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: in the South
Posts: 13,481
Quote:
I own a microphone, but I do not understand how to record and submit a Text with Audio story.
There are several free recording programs available on the internet. I suggest one called Audacity. It allows you to record your story in its entirety. Once you have your story recorded, follow the instructions found in the site's FAQ. I would suggest using the server upload option as the email option is not always fail-proof. Simply click on the "upload your file" link within those instructions and then click the same link on the following page.

Last edited by CrimsonMaiden : 12-29-2009 at 01:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #27
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,181
Does a script, like a play or movie script, work as "Letters and Transcripts?"
__________________
My stories.

What happens when a friendly group of Lit's authors work together? Absolute magic! Buy and read the 354 page collection of hotness by ten of Lit's favorites: Hot Summer Reads. Ten hot stories for the price most people charge for one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #28
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 25,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
Does a script, like a play or movie script, work as "Letters and Transcripts?"
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I would consider such a script as fitting in the L & T category, but I am not the person who would judge this. If you submit the story, formatted as a script, and classify it as L & T and if it is accepted as that category, there would be no problem that I can see.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #29
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,181
Another potentially dumb question -

Each contest entry is worth 5 pts. for a total of 30 pts.

But then the scorecard says, "All-Contests Bonus (30): 30 pts"

Does that mean submitting to all contests becomes worth 60 pts?
5 pts per contest + a 30 pt bonus?
__________________
My stories.

What happens when a friendly group of Lit's authors work together? Absolute magic! Buy and read the 354 page collection of hotness by ten of Lit's favorites: Hot Summer Reads. Ten hot stories for the price most people charge for one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #30
JagFarlane
Gone Hiking
 
JagFarlane's Avatar
 
JagFarlane is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 9,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
Another potentially dumb question -

Each contest entry is worth 5 pts. for a total of 30 pts.

But then the scorecard says, "All-Contests Bonus (30): 30 pts"

Does that mean submitting to all contests becomes worth 60 pts?
5 pts per contest + a 30 pt bonus?
Yes it does
__________________
My Stories
My Website
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #31
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 25,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
Another potentially dumb question -

Each contest entry is worth 5 pts. for a total of 30 pts.

But then the scorecard says, "All-Contests Bonus (30): 30 pts"

Does that mean submitting to all contests becomes worth 60 pts?
5 pts per contest + a 30 pt bonus?
Yes. Each theme contest entry is worth five points (one per contest) and if you enter all six contests, you get a bonus of thirty points. You get a total of sixty points for entering all six contests.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2014, 10:08 PM   #32
BuckyDuckman
Literotica Guru
 
BuckyDuckman's Avatar
 
BuckyDuckman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,181
I'm confused about immunity after Immunity Rule #14 was brought to my attention:

At the end of the year, all immunities claimed will be considered valid, as long as there is one completed cap level filled with regular submissions for each immunity. e.g.: You must fill cap level one for a category before one immunity would be valid. Two cap levels must be filled for two immunities to be valid. At the end of the contest, if you had 7 immunities, but you only had cap level one for 6 different categories completed, then only 6 of the 7 immunities would be considered valid."

I hadn't noticed that rule in the past and I'm really confused by it.

So far, I have earned six immunities. Meanwhile, I have posted to 11 different categories. Most of those categories only include one story. I have not maxed out the cap for any one category.

So - what does this mean as far as my immunities counting towards the additional bonuses? Do I get credit for only 11 categories or 11 categories plus 6 more earned with an immunity? As I have it counted, I have myself listed as 17 unique categories (again, 11 + 6). But, if I haven't capped off any of the categories - then it would appear I only have 11 categories.
__________________
My stories.

What happens when a friendly group of Lit's authors work together? Absolute magic! Buy and read the 354 page collection of hotness by ten of Lit's favorites: Hot Summer Reads. Ten hot stories for the price most people charge for one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #33
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is online now
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 25,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyDuckman View Post
I'm confused about immunity after Immunity Rule #14 was brought to my attention:

At the end of the year, all immunities claimed will be considered valid, as long as there is one completed cap level filled with regular submissions for each immunity. e.g.: You must fill cap level one for a category before one immunity would be valid. Two cap levels must be filled for two immunities to be valid. At the end of the contest, if you had 7 immunities, but you only had cap level one for 6 different categories completed, then only 6 of the 7 immunities would be considered valid."

I hadn't noticed that rule in the past and I'm really confused by it.

So far, I have earned six immunities. Meanwhile, I have posted to 11 different categories. Most of those categories only include one story. I have not maxed out the cap for any one category.

So - what does this mean as far as my immunities counting towards the additional bonuses? Do I get credit for only 11 categories or 11 categories plus 6 more earned with an immunity? As I have it counted, I have myself listed as 17 unique categories (again, 11 + 6). But, if I haven't capped off any of the categories - then it would appear I only have 11 categories.
That is the rule about immunities and is a drawback to using them. To count immunities toward bonuses for filling ten, twenty, etc. categories, it is necessary to fill in one category with three valid stories, poems or essays for each immunity counted.

So far, you have 33 or 36 points plus one point for any second entry you have in one of those eleven categories plus five bonus points plus whatever theme contest points you have.

If it will make you feel better, you have a good chance at winning a $25 Amazon gift certificate and it is unlikely you would win any cash prize even it you filled in twenty categories.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.