Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Smile Spring, glorious spring!

GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS!

It's not far off, thank god. I can see it and feel it— there are huge patches of violet and yellow snowdrops. There are buds on the forsythia and they'll bust out any day now. The lacrosse wars have commenced. I feel the waxing strength of the sun's rays.

The residuum of the winter's massive snows can still be seen in dwindling piles. How long will it take for of all trace of the record snowfalls to disappear?

It's a grand time of the year; the days will grow longer for the next three months. Daffodils, jonquils, tulips, dogwood, magnolia and cherry blossoms are all in the not-distant future— to be followed by the tulip poplars, the lilacs and the azaleas.

It's still a month and a half 'til the trees and the grass show the unique shade of delicious spring green. The horses will be turned out to pasture and the timber races will follow. Covers will come off the boats; sailboats will be lovingly slipped into the water. Thereafter, the melifluous and comforting lullaby of halyards slapping against masts will provide a pleasing round-the-clock background. Osprey, woodpeckers, dove and hawks join the soothing cacaphony.

Warmth, Junebugs and crepe myrtle are visible in the distant horizon.

Ain't nuffin' wrong.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
PoppingTom
TEH BRAIN

Not bad, trysail......

Old 03-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
stephen55
Literotica Guru

Well, who would have thought....

You mean to say it's actually getting warmer where you live?

Old 03-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
JackLuis
Literotica Guru

It's getting warmer here too. My lawns are growing too fast to let them go unmowed for over a week. I had six-eight weeks this winter that allowed me some rest.

Almost time to get out on the patio.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

I"m so far behind the weeds that it doesn't look like I'll get my spring planting done this weekend. And next weekend is the Orchid Fair and the weekend after that is Litogether. Damn, but spring's moving through fast!

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 03-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
laurafairlie
Really Experienced

Warming here. Yellow flowers around the countryside and purple ones too.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

It's
FORSYTHIA
Day!
( the day of the first forsythia blossoms )

The thermometer reads 60+° ( 16° for the Celsius folk ). The snowdrops are all over the place and the gorgeous violet and yellow crocuses seize the eye.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
rengadeirishman
Built for comfort

ah but i do love baltimore in the spring. Perhaps the arboretum soon. Ive started to exercize more, my goal is to be able to walk to fells point from my home in belair-edison by the end of may.
But I got everything all the good girls need
-Howlin' Wolf "Built for Comfort"

My work

My Directory Listing

Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by rengadeirishman View Post
ah but i do love baltimore in the spring. Perhaps the arboretum soon. Ive started to exercize more, my goal is to be able to walk to fells point from my home in belair-edison by the end of may.
There's no better place in the world for spring. Were I a billionaire, I'd spend summers on the water, at the beach or in the mountains, autumn in either New England or the Rockies and winters in Switzerland, Austria or the tropics. For spring, though, there's but one place.

Enjoy yourself; the exercise is good for you. I've already broken out the shorts and the next couple of days ought to rejuvenate and repair all the despair and discontent of winter.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #10
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Uh, oh. Along with the good, there's a possibility of some bad.

Quote:
Historic Flooding’ Possible in U.S., NOAA Says
By Brian K. Sullivan

March 16 (Bloomberg) -- One-third of the U.S. faces a risk of “historic floods” in coming weeks, especially the upper Midwest states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa, according to forecasters.

“We are looking at potentially historic flooding in some parts of the country this spring,” Jane Lubchenco, administrator for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, said in a conference call today.

The flood potential is driven in part by El Nino, a warming in the Pacific Ocean, which steered storms that have left the ground saturated from record rains and heavy snows. The area designated for above-average risk stretches from New Mexico in the west to Maine in the east, NOAA maps show.

“Once again we are delivering an urgent message to get ready,” said John Hayes, director of the National Weather Service. “The flood risk is above-average over one-third of the country.”

Many areas of the eastern U.S. have received twice the normal amount of rain in the past three months, said Tom Graziano, a weather service hydrologist.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=agHM1jeEouWY

Old 03-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

On St. Patrick's Day, the first jonquil blooms appear. Leaf buds are readily apparent on all the trees. There's the unmistakeable lovely funky smell of fresh mulch in the air. Bare legs and cooing doves ( the dumbest of all birds ) are evident. Four cloudless days of 65+° F ( 19+° C ) spoils us; the ability of the sun's radiant power to warm a body is delightful.

Last edited by trysail : 03-18-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by trysail View Post

GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS, GLORIOUS!

It's not far off, thank god. I can see it and feel it— there are huge patches of violet and yellow snowdrops. There are buds on the forsythia and they'll bust out any day now. The lacrosse wars have commenced. I feel the waxing strength of the sun's rays.

The residuum of the winter's massive snows can still be seen in dwindling piles. How long will it take for of all trace of the record snowfalls to disappear?

It's a grand time of the year; the days will grow longer for the next three months. Daffodils, jonquils, tulips, dogwood, magnolia and cherry blossoms are all in the not-distant future— to be followed by the tulip poplars, the lilacs and the azaleas.

It's still a month and a half 'til the trees and the grass show the unique shade of delicious spring green. The horses will be turned out to pasture and the timber races will follow. Covers will come off the boats; sailboats will be lovingly slipped into the water. Thereafter, the melifluous and comforting lullaby of halyards slapping against masts will provide a pleasing round-the-clock background. Osprey, woodpeckers, dove and hawks join the soothing cacaphony.

Warmth, Junebugs and crepe myrtle are visible in the distant horizon.

Ain't nuffin' wrong.

Eeks, so much yellow and green. Your post is so bright, I really need better shades!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Crocuses in full bloom,
Crows in the treetops building nests
turning DOWN the heating,
and a general feeling I should clean the car.

Handley Page

"Incident at Cemetery Junction"
"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 03-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Quote:
Today the Earth is tilted so that the sun is shining directly on the equator at noon, because today is the spring equinox, the first day of spring. The word equinox comes from Latin meaning "equal night,"because today the length of daytime and nighttime will be almost equal.The Earth tilts on its axis as it rotates around the sun, and the equinoxes (which begin spring and fall) mark those times when the sun is directly above the equator at noon. Today, the vernal equinox, is the start of spring here in the Northern Hemisphere, and the start of fall in the Southern Hemisphere.

And the vernal equinox signifies Nowruz,the Persian New Year, celebrated by Iranians around the world. They celebrate with an extensive spring cleaning, honoring the dead, and the exchange of gifts, food, and visits.
-The Writer's Almanc
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.or...ate=2010/03/20

Turning off the heat!
Shorts

Snowdrops 2/9
Heat (furnace) off 3/13

Furnace off 4/8

Furnace off 4/10

Last edited by trysail : 04-12-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #15
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Goddamn this place smells wonderful.

The scent of

magnolia

and

lilac

and good ol' mulch fills the air. I even caught a first whiff of freshly mown grass the other day. It makes me want to stand around and do nothing other than inhale the air.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Got most of the Spring planting done. All I have to do now is clear one more bed and put in the zucchini.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #17
jomar
chillin

Achoo!

Spring sucks.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #18
TheeGoatPig
There is no R in my name

I am really enjoying the warm weather. It reached 90 at my house today
My LiveJournal
My Love Life
My Life Story
My Myspace (that double "My" sounds so stupid...)
Pics Of Me (lots of them)
I'm not just a goat pig, or even The Goat Pig, I'm THEE Goat Pig!
A.H. Directory

Old 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #19
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

My hill is covered with the classic California suburban springscape; Foxtail grasses, (both native and invasive), three species of yellow mustard, California poppies (which we had to plant), purple lupine (another invader, but I just can't care!)

I have a grapefruit tree that smells like heaven, loquats nearly ripe, Berry vines getting a nice start, ( bear) fresh bay leaves drying in my kitchen, meyer's lemons almost ready for juicing... About to put in a dozen basil plants, if I can fight the wild amaranth back far enough.

Click here to find out about "The Beautiful Dildo Project"

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 04-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
DeeZire

In a college town in the Southwest, the blooming flowers of spring are often wearing running shorts and tank tops. Yes, it is a wonderful time of year, although I prefer summer, when the blooming flowers of spring glisten with sweat.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #21
JackLuis
Literotica Guru

Spring has sprung in LaLa Land. I finished all my landscape planting today. Marigolds and Dianthus, mostly although we put orange and yellow Shasta daises in the front bed.

My water is all piped and irrigation is all in. Ah after five years of civilizing this place it all comes together. BBQ Season!

Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #22
SeaCat
Hey, my Halo is smoking

Location: In the middle of Hurricane Alley waiting for Momma Natures next B.J.
Spring? I think I had spring like weather for much of the winter. (The coldest it got was around 40°F.)

Today it reached a wonderful 80°F. The windows have been open for a while now.

I need to find me some Jasmine Bushes to plant around our place.

The again if you feel hatefull about my weather think of me later in the summer when it's averaging 95° with 100% humidity and we're watching the horizons for oncoming storms.

Cat

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream by night. (Edgar Alan Poe)

First Date Again
Watching 2
Beach Party
Zero G
Splish Splash
Surprise
Watching
Good Morning
Jade
Beach
Santa's Help
Sometimes the Worm Turns
Sea Changes

Old 04-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #23
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Big SOLID post and rail fences:

Unlike Aintree, there's no going "through" the obstacles.

Last edited by trysail : 03-13-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #24
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

Over the next several months, there will be wonderful views of Saturn and Mars ( along with Venus ). At some point, the three very bright planets will appear in nearly the same place in the night sky.

April Sky Chart:
9:00 pm EDT on April 15, 2010. Looking at Zenith, South at Bottom

Old 03-04-2011, 02:36 PM   #25
trysail
Catch Me Who Can

The first snowdrops appeared in late February— and damned if there weren't a couple of precocious forsythia bushes that presented a little yellow on 21 February.