here's where I rip off DB, too. (trivia)

mrtnmoon

I am the fact decider...
since DB is giving up his trivia thread, I guess I'll take a shot at doing one. I'd rather answer questions than ask them, but I know that people enjoy this sort of thing so I'll give it a go for awhile.

here's the rules:

1. You may only answer ONE question from each set. The first one to arrive gets choice of questions.

2. 12 hours after a set of questions is posted, you may answer another question if any are still open.

3. After all six questions have been answered another set will be posted and the clock re-sets.

4. You can only answer ONCE per 12-hour period. So... if you are WRONG..... that is your go used up. You cannot answer again. For example... if someone answered incorrectly, they would be frozen out until the set is opened up for multiple guesses or until the next set is posted. This is to give people offline at the time a chance. The same applies if you answer correctly and just get beaten to the answer.

5. Also... no editing of posts ... even for typos... as we don't know what has been edited. An edited post will be void.

6. Could you PLEASE number your answer, so there is no ambiguity over which one you are answering. Thank you.

I think the rules are clear enough. if there are any disputes, I will be judge, jury and executioner. :D

have fun.

here commenceth the first round of 25 sets of questions:

1. What TV comic was deemed politically incorrect for blurting out the F-word in front of Bill and Hillary Clinton at a media dinner?

2. What Pixar release was the first feature film to be completely animated?

3. What retailer hoped ads featuring Rosie O'Donnell and Penny Marshall would inspire folks to shop with a buddy?

4. What was the Boston Chicken chain renamed, after branching out into other entrees?

5. What trial evidence inspired Alan Dershowitz's lyrical analogy: "They tried to shove a slipper on a foot and it didn't fit."?

6. What veteran of the video Terrific Sex was tabbed to pen Sex for Dummies?

5. oj simpson trial?

sorry, DS.. that's not quite correct. the answer is something a little more specific.

that means questions 1 and 5 are still open, and since 12 hours have passed they're open to anyone.

I'm gonna make a wild guess on #1 and say Jerry Seinfeld.

(((((mrtnmoon))))) Thanks for creating a trivia thread I'm allowed to play. :rose:

I'm gonna make a wild guess on #1 and say Jerry Seinfeld.

(((((mrtnmoon))))) Thanks for creating a trivia thread I'm allowed to play. :rose:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.... I could reply.. maybe one day soon... but not here. :rolleyes:

Wow moonie... that didn't take long. Good luck. :)

ETA: Some people obviously have reading problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.... I could reply.. maybe one day soon... but not here. :rolleyes:

And here I thought I was on iggy. :rolleyes:

If you have something to say to me, say it to me, don't do it here and fuck up Moon's thread.

Hi Moonie :)

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck with this thread. I'm putting on subscription. Don't have an answer to post as of yet :eek:

ETA: Some people obviously have reading problems.

thanks for the good luck wishes, DB. since I am basically lazy, we;ll see how long I want to put the effort into doing a thread like this.

thanks for the good luck wishes, DB. since I am basically lazy, we;ll see how long I want to put the effort into doing a thread like this.

Well, hey...if you ever need a day or two break, just take it.

Hell, I do:eek:

Hi Moonie :)

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck with this thread. I'm putting on subscription. Don't have an answer to post as of yet :eek:

thank you, Liz. *hugs*
as for the question, I guess I'll either just throw it out or toss it into the next set.. I dunno yet. I would like to try to not have more than a day or so pass between a new set of questions.

just in case you take another answer i'm gonna make a wild guess and say for question 1

Roseanne Bar?

since DB is giving up his trivia thread, I guess I'll take a shot at doing one. I'd rather answer questions than ask them, but I know that people enjoy this sort of thing so I'll give it a go for awhile.

here's the rules:

1. You may only answer ONE question from each set. The first one to arrive gets choice of questions.

2. 12 hours after a set of questions is posted, you may answer another question if any are still open.

3. After all six questions have been answered another set will be posted and the clock re-sets.

4. You can only answer ONCE per 12-hour period. So... if you are WRONG..... that is your go used up. You cannot answer again. For example... if someone answered incorrectly, they would be frozen out until the set is opened up for multiple guesses or until the next set is posted. This is to give people offline at the time a chance. The same applies if you answer correctly and just get beaten to the answer.

5. Also... no editing of posts ... even for typos... as we don't know what has been edited. An edited post will be void.

6. Could you PLEASE number your answer, so there is no ambiguity over which one you are answering. Thank you.

7. Everyone is welcome to play. If you have a dispute with someone who has posted, please leave it outside of this thread. Thank you.

I think the rules are clear enough. if there are any disputes, I will be judge, jury and executioner. :D

have fun.

1. What TV comic was deemed politically incorrect for blurting out the F-word in front of Bill and Hillary Clinton at a media dinner? Bill Maher/no one

2. What Pixar release was the first feature film to be completely animated? Toy Story/fire_breeze

3. What retailer hoped ads featuring Rosie O'Donnell and Penny Marshall would inspire folks to shop with a buddy? Kmart/sweetgypsy

4. What was the Boston Chicken chain renamed, after branching out into other entrees? Boston Market/Daizie

5. What trial evidence inspired Alan Dershowitz's lyrical analogy: "They tried to shove a slipper on a foot and it didn't fit."? A glove/drew62

6. What veteran of the video Terrific Sex was tabbed to pen Sex for Dummies? Dr. Ruth Westheimer/southerntierguy

scores after Set 1:
fire_breeze 1
sweetgypsy 1
drew62 1
southerntierguy 1
Daizie 1

Set 2 questions:

1. What rocker was cited for assault after slugging Bikini Kill singer Kathleen Hanna backstage at a Lollapalooza show?

2. What online retailer got a flood of sales once it changed its name from Cadabra.com?

3. What pricey Kevin Costner movie was tagged Kevin's Gate and Fishtar months before it hit the theaters?

4. What caused more worldwide deaths in 1995: meningitis, rabies or sleeping sickness?

5. What was the "something white" that Pamela Anderson wore to wed Tommy Lee in Cancun?

6. What Saturday Night Live New Age "therapist" joked, "When you assume, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman."?

Last edited:
2 guesses, 2 correct answers. :)
I'm off. I'll check back later.

Back