Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 05-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Karen Kraft
29
 
Karen Kraft is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 36,276
Hyper-Inflation

Soon, Bam-Bam, the "fuck you" man, will bring us yet another hystorical moment:

The hyperinflation of 1914-1923 will be repeated 100 years later (that's 2014-2023 for those of you who majored in non-scientific studies).

"Uh, we inherited deficit spending when we came into office. Bush did it; wasn't me."



Oh look, Contweaka, we almost have enough
for Pop's doctor visit co-pay today!
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
busybody
Literotica Guru
 
busybody's Avatar
 
busybody is offline
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 149,504
he is taking back the $13 per week

"tax cut" he gave
__________________

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 82,133
LMAO.

Yeah, the whole world economy going down, this is you and Ish's fight?
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Karen Kraft
29
 
Karen Kraft is offline
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 36,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
LMAO.

Yeah, the whole world economy going down, this is you and Ish's fight?
Certainly not mine; I have no dog in this fight at all. My trust fund is safe and secure irrespective of what Bam-Bam and y'all do. Mine is more of a socio-economic- political/historical rant-worthy perspective. Personally? Couldn't care less.

Sort of like the feud between the Bloods and the Crypts.

... and, between BB and myself, Sean, which one is supposed to be Ish?

Or did I miss something there?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Le Jacquelope
Loves Spam
 
Le Jacquelope is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 76,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Kraft View Post
Certainly not mine; I have no dog in this fight at all. My trust fund is safe and secure irrespective of what Bam-Bam and y'all do. Mine is more of a socio-economic- political/historical rant-worthy perspective. Personally? Couldn't care less.
If there is hyper inflation your trust fund gets vaporized right away.

And where will we get hyper inflation with there being a surplus of goods? The excess money you're talking about isn't falling into the hands of consumers.

The first idiot who fires off with $20 per apple is out of business pronto. Ain't nobody comin' to buy. Not with apple trees sprouting up in people's yards.

Gasoline is another issue, but there are 16 year old boys turning trucks into electric trucks. Guess who's gonna be rich if hyperinflation strikes gasoline?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Jacquelope View Post
If there is hyper inflation your trust fund gets vaporized right away.

And where will we get hyper inflation with there being a surplus of goods? The excess money you're talking about isn't falling into the hands of consumers.

The first idiot who fires off with $20 per apple is out of business pronto. Ain't nobody comin' to buy. Not with apple trees sprouting up in people's yards.

Gasoline is another issue, but there are 16 year old boys turning trucks into electric trucks. Guess who's gonna be rich if hyperinflation strikes gasoline?
Jesus, I had to peek I knew this would be comedy gold.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
koalabear
~Armed and Fuzzy~
 
koalabear's Avatar
 
koalabear is offline
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: over there----->
Posts: 102,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Jesus, I had to peek I knew this would be comedy gold.
I think Chrysler and GM better hire the 16 year olds.
__________________
GBers are like Bran Muffins, not much substance, yet they produce a lot of shit. "^^"
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
off2bed
Disambiguator
 
off2bed's Avatar
 
off2bed is offline
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16,107
Quote:
Guess who's gonna be rich if hyperinflation strikes gasoline?
Saudis and Chavez.

Hyperinflation will make batteries for electric cars cost $50k.
__________________
"Eat your broccoli, Junior. Daddy can't afford the tax if you don't."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
richard_daily
Slut Whisperer
 
richard_daily's Avatar
 
richard_daily is offline
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: dirty city
Posts: 29,585
Every half-way decent economist was warning about hyper-inflation almost a year ago...

so how exactly is this Obama's fault?

Hell, I mentioned it multiple times around the time of the first stimulus.

You're just reaching now.
__________________
Those hard, hard women make an easy man out of me.

I am a rock bottom riser
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
richard_daily
Slut Whisperer
 
richard_daily's Avatar
 
richard_daily is offline
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: dirty city
Posts: 29,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Jesus, I had to peek I knew this would be comedy gold.
You strike me as the kind of guy who takes peeks... in the men's room.
__________________
Those hard, hard women make an easy man out of me.

I am a rock bottom riser
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 82,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Jesus, I had to peek I knew this would be comedy gold.
But you still look like a loser.
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Le Jacquelope
Loves Spam
 
Le Jacquelope is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 76,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_daily View Post
Every half-way decent economist was warning about hyper-inflation almost a year ago...

so how exactly is this Obama's fault?

Hell, I mentioned it multiple times around the time of the first stimulus.

You're just reaching now.
But how is it going to happen? The excess money isn't falling into the consumer's hands. There isn't a resource shortage strong enough to support this. We may see imports go sky high and that'll hit oil. Is that the foot in the door that you're looking at?
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
KingOrfeo
Literotica Guru
 
KingOrfeo is offline
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 28,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_daily View Post
Every half-way decent economist was warning about hyper-inflation almost a year ago...
And there are no signs of it yet.

If it does come, it will likely be like the inflation of the 1970s, which was not caused by loose monetary policy but by a real cost external to the American economy, i.e., the rising cost of imported petroleum. Of course, that oil shock was rooted in cartelization and geopolitics. The next one would be rooted in the Peak Oil problem, i.e., running up against actual physical limits in the global petroleum supply.

Bear in mind that, if not caused by such an external cost, inflation is not always a bad thing and may be a symptom of real economic growth.
__________________
"We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."

-- Justice Louis D. Brandeis

"I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind. . . . Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise. Whenever there are in any country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate natural right."

-- Thomas Jefferson
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #14
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_daily View Post
You strike me as the kind of guy who takes peeks... in the men's room.
You strike me as the kind of guy who has his mouth glued to the nearest glory hole and his asshole up against the one on the other side.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #15
JohnnySavage
scapolo
 
JohnnySavage's Avatar
 
JohnnySavage is offline
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: On the banks of the Potomac
Posts: 30,998
I doubt we will see hyperinflation, but starting in about 5 years we will probably average 15 - 20% inflation per year.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #16
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
But you still look like a loser.
I'll tell you what, when I go home tonight it won't be on all fours puking my guts out on the sidewalk.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #17
sunandshadow
Cocksnail!
 
sunandshadow's Avatar
 
sunandshadow is offline
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,587
I'm disappointed. Hyper-inflation on an erotica board and you're talking about the economy?

Nonono, THIS is hyper-inflation:
__________________
I was wondering why I was having trouble getting inspired to continue an erotic story I've been working on. Then I noticed my shampoo bottle said: "Herbal Essences Drama Clean: I'm so good I'll put clean thoughts in your head!" And I thought well, clearly I need to get some new shampoo if this one's washing away all my nice dirty thoughts!
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #18
Le Jacquelope
Loves Spam
 
Le Jacquelope is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 76,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOrfeo View Post
And there are no signs of it yet.

If it does come, it will likely be like the inflation of the 1970s, which was not caused by loose monetary policy but by a real cost external to the American economy, i.e., the rising cost of imported petroleum. Of course, that oil shock was rooted in cartelization and geopolitics. The next one would be rooted in the Peak Oil problem, i.e., running up against actual physical limits in the global petroleum supply.

Bear in mind that, if not caused by such an external cost, inflation is not always a bad thing and may be a symptom of real economic growth.
So it does boil down to the potentially rising cost of oil. And this could be exacerbated by the loss of value of the U.S. Dollar as a result of too much money floating in the clouds way above the consumers' hands.

But... if you're right, there's nothing that Obama or Bush could do right, that would stop oil spike-based inflation.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 82,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
I'll tell you what, when I go home tonight it won't be on all fours puking my guts out on the sidewalk.
LOL, this is your attack mode, it's because you have nothing else. You're a Hannah Montanah ersion of A-J. You must be so proud.
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #20
TheJAJ
Fruitcake Blue
 
TheJAJ's Avatar
 
TheJAJ is offline
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 40,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Jesus, I had to peek I knew this would be comedy gold.
You have to seriously wonder just how stupid he can get.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
Sean
*********
 
Sean's Avatar
 
Sean is offline
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Eating foie gras in a Porsche.
Posts: 82,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssJim View Post
You have to seriously wonder just how stupid he can get.
STFU, loser. I know enough about you to destroy you. You're just too boring, atm.
__________________
"Well you are the nice one, you're supposed to think that."
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #22
TheJAJ
Fruitcake Blue
 
TheJAJ's Avatar
 
TheJAJ is offline
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 40,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
STFU, loser. I know enough about you to destroy you. You're just to boring, atm.

Oh please, do destroy me.

I stand ready to be fired upon.


  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssJim View Post
You have to seriously wonder just how stupid he can get.
That apple salesman who initiates inflation better watch out.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
vetteman
Forged In Fire
 
vetteman's Avatar
 
vetteman is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: West Coast
Posts: 131,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanH View Post
LOL, this is your attack mode, it's because you have nothing else. You're a Hannah Montanah ersion of A-J. You must be so proud.
Hey I'm not in attack mode, I was just getting ready to invite you to my town for lunch.
__________________
Forgive your enemies, but always remember their names
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
TheJAJ
Fruitcake Blue
 
TheJAJ's Avatar
 
TheJAJ is offline
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 40,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteman View Post
Hey I'm not in attack mode, I was just getting ready to invite you to my town for lunch.

Hold up Vette, he's going to destroy me.

What do you think he'll use first? Death ray or throw high dollar apples at me.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.