Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 07-11-2015, 06:24 AM   #1
Gianbattista
Unicorn

The earth laughs in flowers

Emerson said the earth laughs in flowers, sometimes I think it laughs at my plans and what those flowers do to to carefully planned ideas for structured areas of garden.

Collar'n'cuffs suggested a gardening thread, and G ummed and Ahhed about allowing me, but has said ok at last. I thought maybe Primalex and a few others might also be interested? What ever the gardening bent, food, flowers, both....

My garden, a young garden, peaks aesthetically for short weeks in June, though those weeks are glorious they do pass quickly.

This time in early July is focus on catching up with dead heading, some summer pruning and re shaping and time to catch up in enjoying.

This morning I have taken the once flowerer ing roses with no hip value to a hard some prune, a hedge cutter to the real ethers who dead heading got way beyond help, and more compassionate secateaurs to the others.

I have a soft spot for wild flowers and self seeders. ( I encourage some of the flowers ridiculing my plans you see)

But they are flowering now, so my herb garden is starting to be denuded of its self seeded leggy wild chamomile, from the beds and the cracks in the terrace alike. Plenty will come back next year ( otherwise I'd leave it). I never remove the violas which escape the planted farm troughs in my farm yard and grow up in poorly swept areas of the yard, or through cracks in the concrete, nor foxgloves or snap dragons that get a hold in gaps in brick work of farm building brick work. Or the chamomile in the farm yard. This does mean I am forever cutting out the bramble that sneaks in with them instead of just giving them a squirt of weed killer till the die.

This year, the first year in this herb garden, we only got the landscaping finished last autumn, things I have carted in pots from our last home finally got back in the soil, and new things have settled remarkably well, but some other things have found their way between cracks. It was a windy day the last day I sowed lettuce, and there are two coming up between cracks in paving. I am so delighted I don't think I'll be able to eat them till last.

Next I am off to watch the G pull up the last of the autumn planted garlic. The first lot has been drying over the kitchen mantel for a couple of weeks and smelling, well, garlicky.

My garden plans included planting mint and woodruff under windows to discourage insects. It doesn't work.

Edit, darn it...this was meant to be in chat.

( but usually Elle. )

A thread a little about gardening , feel free to plant your flowers here...http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1205539

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-11-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #2
SpunThings
Really Really Experienced

Consider just throwing mint seeds in your yard. It will overtake everything. :/

I've been doing a potted vegetable garden, but have had mixed results. Part of it is inexperience, and part of it is the pots. Root vegetables don't like it so much, but I think I plant too close.

Hopefully next year we will have our own house, our own yard, and some raised beds.

I love how you leave some of the "weeds" to grow. I've been doing a lot of reading about wild edibles lately. It's a lot of fun learning to identify plants.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunThings View Post
Consider just throwing mint seeds in your yard. It will overtake everything. :/

I've been doing a potted vegetable garden, but have had mixed results. Part of it is inexperience, and part of it is the pots. Root vegetables don't like it so much, but I think I plant too close.

Hopefully next year we will have our own house, our own yard, and some raised beds.

I love how you leave some of the "weeds" to grow. I've been doing a lot of reading about wild edibles lately. It's a lot of fun learning to identify plants.
Lol to mint. . We grow our mint in pots sunk into beds. But i do have some mint just growing in the ground, as ground cover rather than fr use. I'd rather have mint for a weed than ground elder or couch or bind weed ( all of which we have in spades' so ground cover is my friend.

i'm thinking of using some to line some of our ditches too.

This year all our our divisions though are promised to a friend who has moved into a home after a nasty divorce and has a blank garden

Lots of people grow carrots in raised pots, because of carrot fly. The pest doesn't fly very high i understand, so they are easy through off that way. We grow on clay and carrots are cheap, so i don't grow them, if i do it will be the yellow or blue ones, that are more expensive to buy. I tend to grow what's hardest to buy, most expensive to buy, or what's too easy not to grow.

We forage a fair bit. I hate grocery shopping. If i don't have to i'm happy

( but usually Elle. )

A thread a little about gardening , feel free to plant your flowers here...http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1205539

Old 07-11-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
SpunThings
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianbattista View Post
Lol to mint. . We grow our mint in pots sunk into beds. But i do have some mint just growing in the ground, as ground cover rather than fr use. I'd rather have mint for a weed than ground elder or couch or bind weed ( all of which we have in spades' so ground cover is my friend.

i'm thinking of using some to line some of our ditches too.

This year all our our divisions though are promised to a friend who has moved into a home after a nasty divorce and has a blank garden

Lots of people grow carrots in raised pots, because of carrot fly. The pest doesn't fly very high i understand, so they are easy through off that way. We grow on clay and carrots are cheap, so i don't grow them, if i do it will be the yellow or blue ones, that are more expensive to buy. I tend to grow what's hardest to buy, most expensive to buy, or what's too easy not to grow.

We forage a fair bit. I hate grocery shopping. If i don't have to i'm happy
I have carrots and they seem to be doing wonderfully, but I'm worried that I'll have teeny roots. The leaves look lovely. They're huge though, so I'm worried the plants are putting to much into the leaves. It's too early to tell anyways, I think I have another month for them.

Ohh but I love grocery shopping...without the kids.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #5
nicewon4u
Really Experienced

Flowers/Plants

I love what Mother Nature's/God's beauty provides with flowers/plants! First, many can be eaten (I love that word), and many provide sensual/erotic beauty! I have grown blueberries, blackberries and tomatoes, all beautiful to watch slowly grow, (I'd love to watch a man's "blossom" grow. I've taken so many photos of flowers/plants that remind me of both the female and male body. Free majestic beauty to behold!

Old 07-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #6
Primalex
種類の良いです

BDSM Talk is about BDSM.
"Your submission is not a gift, it's the payment for your very own demons, it's a sacrifice that you have to make to silence the voices of your sexual desires, it's the entrance fee to being reduced to a mindless mess of sexual surrender. I have nothing to do with your submission. I'm just the one who is there when you paid up." -- Primalex

Old 07-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalex View Post
BDSM Talk is about BDSM.
I know, it was a mistake. I wrote to ask for it to be moved as soon as I realised I'd put it here not in chat. . Hopefully it will be and we can continue there but that talkers rather than chatters can show some patience until then.

I apologise wholeheartedly for my mistake though.

( but usually Elle. )

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-11-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #8
MeekMe
熊の食べもの

I guess you can add wank fodder to any thread no matter what the subject.

I don't have a yard, sadly. I try to bring lots of green into my home. I have potted plants, some herbs and some trees and flowers. I have two avocado trees growing that I started from pits. They look very nice.

My favorite flowering plant may not be with me too much longer. Morning glories are toxic to cats, and my cats are particularly interested in the vines. I finally locked it up in a room after several failed attempts to keep them out of it. I don't think it's getting the proper light and care, so it's wilting slowly. I might try talking to it. (0_o)

I just recently pruned my Bougainvillea and it's filled out very nicely. o(^_^)o I feel it would do so much better if I could plant it in the ground and just leave it to do its thing. I keep things year round because the climate is warm and everything stays indoors.

Don't worry about the thread being posted here. It happens, I've done it once (maybe more?). It'll be moved and no harm done.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #9
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeekMe View Post
I guess you can add wank fodder to any thread no matter what the subject.

I don't have a yard, sadly. I try to bring lots of green into my home. I have potted plants, some herbs and some trees and flowers. I have two avocado trees growing that I started from pits. They look very nice.
Thank you for the kindness Meek me.

I garden naked sometimes does that help?

We have been with out a garden sometimes too. I've had windowsil tomatoes in Two major cities, and strawberries and herbs on terraces. . Cat grass growing....

When drove to Uk last time from living elsewhere we brought some trees and stuff that sadly didn't survive here, not sure why, the climate is no colder in Winter. I would dearly like persimmon here. Currently we have in pots some lemon seedlings from a HUGE lemon brought back from Tuscany as a gift for us. The lemon does not taste quite like normal lemon, and is the size and juice content maybe of four or five normal lemons. I don't know if the seed is true ( its unlikely I guess) or how any will survive, but I'm going to try. I used to be quite good with citrus but this house has no good room for them in winter, so we'll see.

( but usually Elle. )

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-11-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #10
MeekMe
熊の食べもの

Quote:
Thank you for the kindness Meek me.

I garden naked sometimes does that help?

We have been with out a garden sometimes too. I've had windowsil tomatoes in Two major cities, and strawberries and herbs on terraces. . Cat grass growing....

I don't think gardening naked would ever be for me. I've watered my plants in my underwear, I'm sure someday an old man walking his dogs will get lucky and look up, lol.*

Growing strawberries sounds lovely. I like making strawberry syrup. ^_^

*No fictitious old men were harmed in the making of this joke.

Last edited by MeekMe : 07-15-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #11
desertslave
Amateur Painslut

I haven't had the time or energy to mind my own garden lately, so I do it vicariously. I have two friends with incredibly green thumbs and go help them with maintenance when I can. I'm hoping to rehab our raised beds and part of the back yard this fall. I have a very large blue palo verde tree in one corner that's given us a rather nifty microclimate with strong shade, so I'm going to try a shade-tolerant native wildflower mix.

I miss my heirloom tomatoes and basils. I'd also like to put in a trellis for some honeysuckle. There's a house a few miles away that has some in their back yard. Our house is on the same angles so I'm encouraged.

I'm mostly about xeriscaping here. We are in a decade-plus drought so I try to be mindful of that. The bonus is a little ironic...back east I kept trying to grow rosemary and lost every single plant I ever had outside. Here it grows in medians, parkways and anywhere else it's allowed, and has to be pruned vigorously every spring. Two of my bushes even flower, and make the bees very happy.

Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a treat! ~~Joanne Woodward

Old 07-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #12
desertslave
Amateur Painslut

Just back to applaud the awesomeness of the Mods!

Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a treat! ~~Joanne Woodward

Old 07-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #13
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertslave View Post
Just back to applaud the awesomeness of the Mods!
Especially as I forgot to give a link to the thread too.

thank you for your patience and kindness!

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

My garden is also designed to be at it's best in may, june and then again later in the autumn. The people who lived here before us had a summer house where they spent high summer.

Now the peonies, the bride's feathers and the mallow have had their time to flower.
The lavender is in full bloom buzzing with bumble bees, the roses are in full bloom and the hydrangea macrofylla is just starting.
The geraniums are growing nicely in the window boxes and filling the windowsills inside the house.

Right now gardening is more about killing than nurturing though.
The ants and I are always at war this time of year as they are done with the peonies and start to work on killing the lawn and undermining the buildings.
Then there are the snails. For once I started early and haven't had that much of a problem but the rest of the country has because all stores were out of snail poison for two weeks. Now I'm starting to see more snails too, so war it is.

We have been busy visiting my dad at the hospital and the weather hasn't been very good for gardening, but today we did manage to weed a lot, kill as much as possible of the Little shop of horror creature that has taken up residence in one corner and move the yellow daylily to a place where we might see it better.

Hopefully we can pick the red currants and gooseberries in the sun sometime this week.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #15
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAlthea View Post
My garden is also designed to be at it's best in may, june and then again later in the autumn. The people who lived here before us had a summer house where they spent high summer.

Now the peonies, the bride's feathers and the mallow have had their time to flower.
The lavender is in full bloom buzzing with bumble bees, the roses are in full bloom and the hydrangea macrofylla is just starting.
The geraniums are growing nicely in the window boxes and filling the windowsills inside the house.

Right now gardening is more about killing than nurturing though.
The ants and I are always at war this time of year as they are done with the peonies and start to work on killing the lawn and undermining the buildings.
Then there are the snails. For once I started early and haven't had that much of a problem but the rest of the country has because all stores were out of snail poison for two weeks. Now I'm starting to see more snails too, so war it is.

We have been busy visiting my dad at the hospital and the weather hasn't been very good for gardening, but today we did manage to weed a lot, kill as much as possible of the Little shop of horror creature that has taken up residence in one corner and move the yellow daylily to a place where we might see it better.

Hopefully we can pick the red currants and gooseberries in the sun sometime this week.
Snail poison? Is that like the pellets for slugs? I don't use them for various reasons but the clincher is they have an attractant in them I am told, so the beckon the creatures to your garden to eat them, so get trapped to a buying cycle.

For slugs I have tried the nematodes with some success. Other days if its bad I do not wear bare feet or light shoes which I prefer, I go inside and change into boots and stomp on them. I prefer to give them a quick death than slower alternatives like salt etc.

My red currants need picking too. . And its sad when the peonies are over, those red shoots pushing up from the ground are such a lovely sign early in the year! We have only three peonies here so far, ( and one very young tree peony doing nothing yet) but when we sculpt out the next bit of garden, maybe two years? ....impatient )

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #16
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Snail poison? Is that like the pellets for slugs? I don't use them for various reasons but the clincher is they have an attractant in them I am told, so the beckon the creatures to your garden to eat them, so get trapped to a buying cycle.

For slugs I have tried the nematodes with some success. Other days if its bad I do not wear bare feet or light shoes which I prefer, I go inside and change into boots and stomp on them. I prefer to give them a quick death than slower alternatives like salt etc.

My red currants need picking too. . And its sad when the peonies are over, those red shoots pushing up from the ground are such a lovely sign early in the year! We have only three peonies here so far, ( and one very young tree peony doing nothing yet) but when we sculpt out the next bit of garden, maybe two years? ....impatient )
Yes, it's iron phosphate. We have a problem with the spanish slug here.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #17
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Iris your posting on lavender made me think about mine. I have several varieties, and while I want to love the blues best or the softly large grosso variety, there is little arguing that munstead looks best in the British light here. I am not a fan of pink lavenders ( but it took planting some to be sure) but I quite like white ones. My favourite 'French' lavender is the greeny-yellow one that smells of lemons. But I did not protect mine enough in the winter and thus it died. . It is the most remarkable scent and though has not the arresting sight of the others, with less colour, the scent is just perfect. Like nature's antiseptic.

With summer rain has come alarming growth. The grass which has slowed down needs cutting again, a Passion flower is swamping one of my figs, and a potted jasmine.....so needs some careful teasing and coaxing along its wires instead. Fruit growth looks good, the pears are fattening out and I have thinned them. The old apples I am not thinning and still need to summer prune. The fruit is not so great I mind losing some, but also not so great I feel the need to devote time to summer pruning this year. I will mainly use the fruit for apple sauce to freeze, or apple wedges to freeze. The hedges are already showing lots of promise with the bramble flowering freely and some of the thorn already heavy with sloes. I wish I had more gin drinking friends to come and make use of the sloes! The figs are getting fat, the peaches slowly growing....will they or won't they make it I wonder?

I need to pull and re sow some of the things like rocket, rainbow chard etc, but I hate pulling them up. I like the literal gone to seed appearance of them, but I also need new crops.

a few failures this year....no luck with first attempt at quinoa, and a creature pulled and ate all the corn! And electric daisies. Second year we tried, and second year we have failed. Somethings might not be meant to be.

Some things are out that weren't before. Along with the quieter continuous flowering roses ( and the loud mouth later once flowerers like American pillar rose) the echinacea is peeking out, ours has a fine cut petal, which is beautiful, but it does make less impact. And the pinky purple bergamot, which is in a better position than the red. But I love the red and hope it follows soon.
Not sure this is that great but you might see the tiniest but of bergamot, echinacea and the munstead lavender with fennel foliage in the way on the left and an artichoke on the right. Things get in the oddest places

The hollyhocks and buddleia are out and proud now!

I need to cut the verbascums and delphiniums etc for second flowerings. The opium poppies still look ok but are attracting lots of visitors.

Poppy with bugs in it.

I hope your father feeling a little better iris.

( but usually Elle. )

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-15-2015 at 09:47 AM.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:04 AM   #18
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

What a lovely garden, Elle!

I mostly approach things like you, trying things out and if it works I'm happy and if not or if it decides it likes another place in the garden better (within reason), then that's ok too.
Except when it comes to delphiniums.
I do want deep blue delphiniums behind the velvety dark red roses and I refuse to give up on it.
Unfortunately I still end up with the same one (1) plant that comes back every year and looks lovely but lonely.
Gaaah!

Old 07-16-2015, 04:23 AM   #19
Gianbattista
Unicorn

I think you are right to persist. If one has made it, conditions are good, and the combination sounds lovely. ( I have borage in front of a red rose called princes trust for similar but less intense sounding combination) . Could it be your slugs ? Have you tried putting old coffee grinds around your delphinium plantings?

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #20
IrisAlthea
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I think you are right to persist. If one has made it, conditions are good, and the combination sounds lovely. ( I have borage in front of a red rose called princes trust for similar but less intense sounding combination) . Could it be your slugs ? Have you tried putting old coffee grinds around your delphinium plantings?
One year the slugs were the culprit, yes. Other years it has been other things.
They just don't grow that big and they don't come back.
I do throw the coffee grounds in the borders, but I could try to focus them there.

As for my father, he's a very stubborn old man.
He's over the worst of the pains and aches after surgery but he is not taking the remaining problems, that may or may not be permanent, very well.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:30 AM   #21
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAlthea View Post
One year the slugs were the culprit, yes. Other years it has been other things.
They just don't grow that big and they don't come back.
I do throw the coffee grounds in the borders, but I could try to focus them there.

As for my father, he's a very stubborn old man.
He's over the worst of the pains and aches after surgery but he is not taking the remaining problems, that may or may not be permanent, very well.
I put rings of coffee grounds, like little forts, around the most slug sensitive plants. I am hoping to try copper tape in my raised beds when I have some oomph, and I have a plan with copper sheeting for teh 'apocathory herb' as opposed to culinary herb garden, only copper is a big target for thieves.

I am also looking for some water features that do not look 'twee'. This is where it would help to be more handy I think. . ATM we have NO water close to the house apart from the ditch . I'd like a circle pond in the front garden with IME movement and a couple of wall mounted things in the herb garden, maybe even a stand alone solar feature. Some look ALMOST alright, but something lets them down. I might look in winter, see if I can but in sales. The round pond I think we would be better to dig, I'd like it deep enough for fish. I'm not that fussed about the fish, more that with so much water added its more insects and fish will hopefully offset that a little. .

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #22
Gianbattista
Unicorn

A tremendous excitement!

My arbutus unedo has a fruit ( two infact). It has never had one before, I have never tried one before, though the name is meant to suggest you only ever want one. I thought the fruits would be a little later, the flowers are on it ( it fruits on last years flowers) but not yet open.

I want it to go red quickly!

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-18-2015, 07:23 AM   #23
Gianbattista
Unicorn

This morning we went done yo 'the lake'. An area of extreme neglect. We had made some progress but it got put on the back burner for a couple of years and nature is more efficient than people poorly armed and not time rich.

This year we have logs a couple of willows down there and a live one has toppled. There is a debate. Do we make time to process not very good burning wood, or just roughly deal with it, leave some for bugs etc some where good for nature ( probably a hedge foot) and burn the fiddly bits with the bramble cuttings. On the one hand wood is wood, and free wood is not to be sniffed at, and a willow log between two oak logs might not throw out much heat but will keep a fire alive in an already warm room. On the other hand....G has enough to do as it is, and still processing oak. Its also depressing how little wood is in a medium sized tree IMO.

The 'lake' ( its not a lake) also has a terrible case of blanket weed this year. This is new, but its so bad it seems to gave deterred most of the ducks and coots. . Its covered in Mosquitos and bugs and I was wondering how one clears that much weed while tossing out bits for the dogs to destroy.

After a couple of hours of very negative thinking I finally saw a dragon fly. I realised how lost I'd been in negative perception this morning. We afford to landscape 'the lake' so worrying about it is a little moot. I should just enjoy the dragon flies. While I miss the avian life eventually we want to make it a natural swimming pool, where birds are not help ful, so maybe the blanket weed breaking some habits is a help, if a sad one. I would not be able to turn the coots away. The babies are very sweet.

There is lots of hare boxing going on last night and this morning, and a rabbit has tried to move into the vegetable garden, nibbling the tops off the melon plants as he went, but finding conditions otherwise hostile. I'm doubtful outdoor melons would ripen here anyway.

( but usually Elle. )

Old 07-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #24
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Somehow I have managed to miss this thread until just now, Elle!

My gardening is currently confined to about a dozen pots and one small bed. I keep my herbs in pots simply because I don't know what has gone on before in my little flower bed, such as ant poison or other unhealthy stuff. Also, we are on a hill here so get water run off from many houses up the street, and I have the same concern with that ground water. The exception is a rosemary plant, I don't know why I don't hold it to the same standards. My happy success story this year is a bay laurel in a pot. It's growing very well, the deer haven't found it, and my chicken stock has been extra delicious

I recently planted a hibiscus, and deer from the neighbouring park have discovered it and come to dine every couple of weeks. The pruning has returned good growth but interrupted the daily flowering cycle I also have dianthus, bouganvillia (I can't ever remember how to spell that ), a paint splash and a spider plant out front (maybe that's why I also have an enormous spider at my front door ).

Desertslave - the Palo Verde is ubiquitous here, and one is my favourite flowering trees. But her they are all yellow - all of them. Are you saying there is a variety that blossoms blue?

Elle - I love the Passion Flower! They grow very well here, and with our mild winters they can get enormous. They always look like an alien plant life to me

Old 07-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #25
Gianbattista
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collar_N_Cuffs View Post
Somehow I have managed to miss this thread until just now, Elle!

My gardening is currently confined to about a dozen pots and one small bed. I keep my herbs in pots simply because I don't know what has gone on before in my little flower bed, such as ant poison or other unhealthy stuff. Also, we are on a hill here so get water run off from many houses up the street, and I have the same concern with that ground water. The exception is a rosemary plant, I don't know why I don't hold it to the same standards. My happy success story this year is a bay laurel in a pot. It's growing very well, the deer haven't found it, and my chicken stock has been extra delicious

I recently planted a hibiscus, and deer from the neighbouring park have discovered it and come to dine every couple of weeks. The pruning has returned good growth but interrupted the daily flowering cycle I also have dianthus, bouganvillia (I can't ever remember how to spell that ), a paint splash and a spider plant out front (maybe that's why I also have an enormous spider at my front door ).

Desertslave - the Palo Verde is ubiquitous here, and one is my favourite flowering trees. But her they are all yellow - all of them. Are you saying there is a variety that blossoms blue?

Elle - I love the Passion Flower! They grow very well here, and with our mild winters they can get enormous. They always look like an alien plant life to me
I miss hibiscus. One can get a hardy variety but its not the same to me. I tried window sil ones but they are less tough than pelargoniums and failed to cope with my intermittent care . Same with bourganvilia, its a house plant here. Pffft. There are somethings not to fight I think, the effort return here is too small.

The Passion flower edulis is too tender here really too, but if it does back to the ground every year its size control. I thought we might as well go for edulis variety, even if we only get fruits in very odd years, when we do they will be worth it.

Glad you found it now

( but usually Elle. )