Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Artwork and Images - To Catch A Fancy

I wanted to start a thread where we could share artwork that catches our fancy. Favourite works of art, or things that we just stumble across as we surf. Whatever you find beautiful and want to share from the world of art

Here's one I just found that caught my eye.

"The collared and cuffed curly bird is a gregarious and engaging bird, most frequently seen in America, but has been spotted in Europe where it makes itself right at home, enchanting Europeans with its dance and whistle. Though an omnivore, it is fastidious about its cuisine, making some effort to eat favoured titbits over easily plentiful supplies of lesser foods. This bird is also known as the Frivol in some localities."

Old 07-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
La damnee elle la licorne
🦄

I love it! I love this thread.

Oh 'cousin' I love it!

Back soon!

Ok, because I was talking about the slipper and the rose on the glitter thread I have this in mind

As a little girl I loved all the costumes in the film but the one in the scene based on this piece of art always seemed so pretty. I think I'd cry if I saw the painting in real life. . I have even considered getting a reproduction poster of it. . It's not so much the painting but the scene it brings to mind and the hopes and memory it contains. I still love peach and apricot clothes, even when they have been deeply unfashionable.

The way of the heart is the way of courage. It is to live in insecurity; it is to live in love, and trust; it is to move in the unknown. It is leaving the past and allowing the future to be.........The heart is non-calculating. Osho

Permission to quote, share or distribute any pictures posted or used as avatars is expressly withheld and rights to images retained by Elle and G.

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-19-2016 at 11:34 AM.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #3
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianbattista View Post
I love it! I love this thread.

Oh 'cousin' I love it!

Back soon!
Soon and often, I hope
"The collared and cuffed curly bird is a gregarious and engaging bird, most frequently seen in America, but has been spotted in Europe where it makes itself right at home, enchanting Europeans with its dance and whistle. Though an omnivore, it is fastidious about its cuisine, making some effort to eat favoured titbits over easily plentiful supplies of lesser foods. This bird is also known as the Frivol in some localities."

Old 07-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #4
🦄

https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/p...erracotta-vase

I am not allowed to embed imaged from this small but perfect exit on in the national gallery in London. When we decided to take the trip to London I wanted to see this, g has seen it twice before, but I was keen to see it too. It's just one, small room, a 'highlights' collection and glorious in its beauty. This collection of art feels like our gardens right now, all gardens flowering out of sync and, fewer skulls and rot that in much natura morte. ( which I love and am more familiar with, but ....a wonderful adventure) there is also an exhibition of the paintings painters had in their own homes. I would have loved to see that too, instead I content myself to read the reviews for now.

The way of the heart is the way of courage. It is to live in insecurity; it is to live in love, and trust; it is to move in the unknown. It is leaving the past and allowing the future to be.........The heart is non-calculating. Osho

Permission to quote, share or distribute any pictures posted or used as avatars is expressly withheld and rights to images retained by Elle and G.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:55 AM   #5
Blue
No Social Skills

Old 07-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #6
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

"A" for effort ^^^^

Very nice, Elle. Love them both! I had not thought about peach/apricot never being in fashion, but she looks so marvellously... feminine in it!

Old 07-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #7
🦄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
this made me smile. I remember feeling disappointed the first time I saw her. Also, the last supper, which the process to see is not small. It's beautiful, of course, but I felt......anticlimax.

I saw a really nice abstract in hospital last Friday but I cannot find it on.ine .

Old 07-19-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
🦄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collar_N_Cuffs View Post
"A" for effort ^^^^

Very nice, Elle. Love them both! I had not thought about peach/apricot never being in fashion, but she looks so marvellously... feminine in it!
Yes, feminine, but not childlike. Fresh but not, 'baby' fresh. Romantic, but not....'sappy'. This is what this means to me. Feminine, exactly.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #9
Blue
No Social Skills

The last supper, you say?

Old 07-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #10
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

One of my childhood favourites.
John William Waterhouse, The Lady of Shalott.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #11
🦄

[

This is one of the numerous well known paintings in the Ashmolean in Oxford. I have never found it beautiful, but always captivating, magnetic. There are a few I visit there, and this one feels almost obligation, like a superstitious obligation.n n

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Cosimo_012.jpg

Too big for page, you have to go see!

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-19-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Old 07-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collar_N_Cuffs View Post
I wanted to start a thread where we could share artwork that catches our fancy. Favourite works of art, or things that we just stumble across as we surf. Whatever you find beautiful and want to share from the world of art

Here's one I just found that caught my eye.

This.

Our jagged edges fit each other's

Old 07-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #13
MastersDelight
Literotica Guru

Our neighbors had a weeping willow in their yard for years. I spent a lot of time under it as a child.

Updated 9-8-16
http://bdsmtest.org/result.php?id=2619526

https://fetlife.com/users/6135047

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into the fire and smiles.

You have three choices:
You can give up
You can give in
Or you can give it your all

Show me all the things I shouldn't know

Old 07-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #14
🦄

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersDelight View Post
Our neighbors had a weeping willow in their yard for years. I spent a lot of time under it as a child.
Weeping Willows are special huh? Our neighbour's to the south have one and I love it, they pollarded it this winter and I was very sad; these people have grandchildren, if nothing else their grandchildren are just the right 'tree age'

Old 07-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
MastersDelight
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Weeping Willows are special huh? Our neighbour's to the south have one and I love it, they pollarded it this winter and I was very sad; these people have grandchildren, if nothing else their grandchildren are just the right 'tree age'
So sad 😢. Our neighbors lost theirs to a storm and had to cut what was left of it down. I was heartbroken 💔

Updated 9-8-16
http://bdsmtest.org/result.php?id=2619526

https://fetlife.com/users/6135047

I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

She has been through hell. So believe me when I say, fear her when she looks into the fire and smiles.

You have three choices:
You can give up
You can give in
Or you can give it your all

Show me all the things I shouldn't know

Old 07-19-2016, 01:55 PM   #16
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastersDelight View Post
Love this soothing waterfall of a painting. Quoting it again so we can keep looking at it.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #17
pete
lowercase

i'd like to claim partial responsibility for this lovely thread.
"that was i.
that was me.
that was the author of this book."

Old 07-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #18
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post

*hands you a cookie*

Old 07-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #19
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Sure, you get 10 percent of the profits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am also a fan of whimsy (of course ) and am particularly fond of trees and birds. They make me happy

Old 07-19-2016, 03:06 PM   #20
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

A mystical collared and cuffed curly bird

Old 07-19-2016, 03:12 PM   #21
🦄

Gain has a fondness for Flamingo art..the very classic, and the modern stunning watercolours. . There are SO many I shall not pick for him, but will ask at the weekend if he would like to respond to you arts birds. We have some dreary oils on wood of dead birds. I could probably share them here, they are rather grim though. The antithesis of frivoloty

Last edited by Gianbattista : 07-19-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:14 PM   #22
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

And Russian art, especially when horses are the subject matter

Old 07-19-2016, 03:18 PM   #23
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Quote:
Gain has a fondness for Flamingo art..the very classic, and the modern stunning watercolours. . There are SO many I shall not pick for him, but will ask at the weekend if he would like to respond to you arts birds. We have some dreary oils on wood of dead birds. I could probably share them here, they are rather grim though. The antithesis of frivoloty
Oddly enough, I positively adore still life paintings with game birds. Usually dead on a table with fruit I know, not very frivolous, but there is something so heart breakingly beautiful about them. And they are accessible in a way they never would be if alive. I have never thought about this before. A little weird, but.. hey. It's art. Needs no justification

Old 07-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #24
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

I am also a fan of the weeping willow

Old 07-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #25
Collar_N_Cuffs
Clink Kink

Willow, too big to post.

Willow