Old 06-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
arkangel55
Virgin

Help

Need some help here. I posted a story recently and it needs some work. Then the Brazilian man, who I hadn't spoken to for a while because for some reason unkown his emails went to spam, contacted me and said he would rather it not be published at all, it is personal. I did change his name in the story so there is no connection to him by name. The story is Big Brazilian Cock.

Also, I reached out to about 6 editors and none of them got back to me. When I first reached out to an editor it gave me 2 ways to connect. I tried both of them just in case, and still didn't hear back. I think a good editing is necessary because I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

This might help for contacting others.

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud
Maya Angelou

Old 06-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkangel55 View Post
Need some help here. I posted a story recently and it needs some work. Then the Brazilian man, who I hadn't spoken to for a while because for some reason unkown his emails went to spam, contacted me and said he would rather it not be published at all, it is personal. I did change his name in the story so there is no connection to him by name. The story is Big Brazilian Cock.

Also, I reached out to about 6 editors and none of them got back to me. When I first reached out to an editor it gave me 2 ways to connect. I tried both of them just in case, and still didn't hear back. I think a good editing is necessary because I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I've read this three times and I don't know what help you need. What are you trying to do?

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Old 06-08-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
arkangel55
Virgin

Guess first question is should I honor his request and pull the story? If so, how do I do that.

Second part is if I leave it up it needs edited. I know many of the things in the story push buttons in many readers but it isn't happening. So if I leave up, requesting an editor reach out to see what they think.

Thank you

Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #5
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Guess first question is should I honor his request and pull the story? If so, how do I do that.

Second part is if I leave it up it needs edited. I know many of the things in the story push buttons in many readers but it isn't happening. So if I leave up, requesting an editor reach out to see what they think.

Thank you
To remove a story completely (I don't see why you should, if the other protagonist has been de-identified - it's your story), submit a "New" story with exactly the same title with DELETE added, blank text, and a note to the Editor asking that the story be deleted. It will take a week or two.

This thread will probably move over to the Editors Forum, where you'll get more traction on the second part of your request (ie: an editor / co-writer).

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 06-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #6
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
This is probably a personal decision, based on your relationship with him. I'm no attorney, but if he can't be identified from the story then I'd be surprised if there were any legal ramifications. Others might know more.

These are the instructions that Laurel gave me last year for removing a story:

Quote:
For security purposes and to make sure you (as the author) are the one making the removal request, you must follow this procedure: log into your account and create a submission titled "REMOVE". In the body of the submission, put the names of the submissions you wish removed along with (optionally) the reason for their removal.

If you want all of one series removed, you can write "DELETE [SERIESNAME]" in one form rather than listing every submission.

Submission removals are usually done within 2-5 days.
Quote:
You can edit a story once it's already published, but there aren't many reasons for doing that. If you need an editor, then visit the Editor's Forum and state your request. Make sure you have PM enabled (per Lynn's instructions) and give them the category and length of the story and something about it's content. You will need to provide them with a copy they can edit. They can't edit from what they read on the site.

Requesting an editor for an already-published story is unusual.

The FAQ's contains instructions on how to replace your published story with a new, edited version. In short, you resubmit your edited story with 'EDITED' appended to the title.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Last edited by NotWise : 06-08-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #7
arkangel55
Virgin

Thanks for the responses. Will move to the editor's section and shut this down.
Appreciate your help!!!