Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
alexismarc
Virgin

Ladies: Does the word pussy turn you off?

When reading erotica, are you put off by "pussy"? Is there another word you prefer? Thanks

Old 02-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #2
Asbel
Really Experienced

On this note, I personally despise the word "boypussy" being used to describe a male's butthole.

Just saying.

On your subject, though I am not a lady, I think any word is fine as long as you don't use it in every sentence. Say a word enough times and it will always sound like gibberish eventually.

"Sexy and sinister, Ricky provokes emotions and fuels curiosity. (...) Shay's brain has been tricked into believing that pain is pleasure. As a masochist he is in the very real danger drug addicts share of needing more and more until the fatal fix. I fear a vampire is the last, best judge." - nanobot

Disclaimer: I sound like a dick. I'm not trying to sound like a dick. Ignore any and all dickish comments I make. I probably secretly love you.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #3
alexismarc
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbel View Post
On this note, I personally despise the word "boypussy" being used to describe a male's butthole.

Just saying.
Ugh! I've never seen that but it's awful and I can assure you it would never be used in a story of mine.

Thanks for your input

Old Today, 06:32 AM   #4
plottingpetal
Virgin

Pussy and anything else direct is fine as long as you don't overuse it as said. What I do roll my eyes at is baby terms or outdated stuff (like manhood) if it doesn't specifically fit in the story's setting.

Old Today, 07:24 AM   #5
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

From what I've gathered in a little bit of my own research most women are fine with the word pussy. Cunt is the one many have an issue with because of its other derogatory meaning. Its worth noting that could be a regional thing as UK women say cunt all the time.

I agree with others its not so much any word as abusing it.

I will toss in that ridiculous names like "love tunnel" and "Treasure box" are an immediate click off to me.

In a couple hours when Pilot wakes up he will be here to tell us as he has countless times before pussy is a juvenile word because he says so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3QX2aMdeI0

Old Today, 07:39 AM   #6
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
From what I've gathered in a little bit of my own research most women are fine with the word pussy.
Cunt is the one many have an issue with because of its other derogatory meaning.
Its worth noting that could be a regional thing as UK women say cunt all the time.
There's an interesting response served to someone using the expression, "cunt", as a term of abuse.
"Why" comes the answer; "' 'cos cunts are useful."
Well, it is round my parts of the UK. . .

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old Today, 07:45 AM   #7
J_R_Ashunwhy
Experienced

To each their own. I'm more than comfortable with the word pussy, but 'her sex,' 'her lovebox,' vajayjay?! That shit pisses me off.

Old Today, 07:47 AM   #8
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
There's an interesting response served to someone using the expression, "cunt", as a term of abuse.
"Why" comes the answer; "' 'cos cunts are useful."
Well, it is round my parts of the UK. . .
Heard that before and the reverse about the word prick except with an extra line added "Pricks are good for something" followed with 'depends on the prick"

I was pretty much raised that the two most ignorant words in the English language are cunt(as an insult not the 'part') and nigger.

In addition to them both being ignorant which I believe them to be, its ironic that black people 'get to' call each other that all the time and there are plenty of women in the GB here and in other aspects of life who think being called a cunt is hilarious.

So when someone is called one of those two words they shouldn't just get mad at the person calling them that, but at their own who make it seem like a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3QX2aMdeI0

Old Today, 08:02 AM   #9
NOIRTRASH
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Heard that before and the reverse about the word prick except with an extra line added "Pricks are good for something" followed with 'depends on the prick"

I was pretty much raised that the two most ignorant words in the English language are cunt(as an insult not the 'part') and nigger.

In addition to them both being ignorant which I believe them to be, its ironic that black people 'get to' call each other that all the time and there are plenty of women in the GB here and in other aspects of life who think being called a cunt is hilarious.

So when someone is called one of those two words they shouldn't just get mad at the person calling them that, but at their own who make it seem like a joke.
My daughter occasionally calls her husband GODDAMNED NIGGER.

Old Today, 08:28 AM   #10
J_R_Ashunwhy
Experienced

^congratulations? Gentleman, before you derailed it, the thread was for ladies to weigh in on the word 'pussy'. Why could you not just sit back and enjoy?

Old Today, 10:34 AM   #11
NotWise
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_R_Ashunwhy View Post
^congratulations? Gentleman, before you derailed it, the thread was for ladies to weigh in on the word 'pussy'. Why could you not just sit back and enjoy?
The women here seem to let the guys batter each other over any question asked specifically of women, then if they do get involved it's after the dust settles and they've rolled their eyes sufficiently.

And my Valentine's Day contest entry A Valentines Day Mess. Cherry cordial, anyone?

Old Today, 10:42 AM   #12
J_R_Ashunwhy
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
The women here seem to let the guys batter each other over any question asked specifically of women, then if they do get involved it's after the dust settles and they've rolled their eyes sufficiently.
Well now, that does sound much more productive and appealing than the alternative. I guess I'll commence my eye rolling now.

Old Today, 10:43 AM   #13
FelicityJohns
Deviance at its finest

Ok, done rolling my eyes...

Not really, I think all discussion is useful.

As for me in my own writing, the more direct the better. Pussy is a gentler word. I prefer cunt for its strength, its impact. It is a powerful word, and I think part of its power is the negativity that surrounds it. I despise it as an insult, and only use it in my writing as such to evoke a powerful response. That lip-curling disgust and physical recoil.

As far as overuse of words... a fine line to be straddled. Rather than finding a thousand different words for the same thing, I stick to a very few, and if I feel I'm overusing them, i suspect I'm doing more telling than showing and attack it from that angle.

I like to call things what they are. If your reader is caught up in your tale, it can be detrimental to get too caught up yourself in all those descriptive nomes.

Just my two cents, I hope it helps.

Read Me:
Felicity Johns on Lit

Free on Pressbooks:
Erotic Passages
Echoes on the Stairs

And if you just can't get enough:
Felicity Johns - Author

Feedback is always welcome!

Old Today, 12:15 PM   #14
PennLady
Literotica Guru

If it fits the story, pussy is fine. The word itself doesn't offend me, and something has to be used. Cunt is tougher, as I first associate it with the derogatory meaning, but again, if it fits the story or characters, then fine.

Old Today, 12:54 PM   #15
Asbel
Really Experienced

But for the love of god, I don't know why, seeing the word "vagina" being used in a sex scene is just weird.
Same with "penis".

Or you could always go the "My Immortal" route:

Quote:
Then he put his thingy in my you know what and we did it for the first time.

"Sexy and sinister, Ricky provokes emotions and fuels curiosity. (...) Shay's brain has been tricked into believing that pain is pleasure. As a masochist he is in the very real danger drug addicts share of needing more and more until the fatal fix. I fear a vampire is the last, best judge." - nanobot

Disclaimer: I sound like a dick. I'm not trying to sound like a dick. Ignore any and all dickish comments I make. I probably secretly love you.

Old Today, 12:56 PM   #16
R. Richard
Literotica Guru

Quote:
From what I've gathered in a little bit of my own research most women are fine with the word pussy. Cunt is the one many have an issue with because of its other derogatory meaning. Its worth noting that could be a regional thing as UK women say cunt all the time.
The phrase 'right berk!' comes to mind.

Old Today, 12:58 PM   #17
FelicityJohns
Deviance at its finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbel View Post
But for the love of god, I don't know why, seeing the word "vagina" being used in a sex scene is just weird.
Same with "penis".

Or you could always go the "My Immortal" route:
Yes! Clinical terms will yank me right out of a story!

Read Me:
Felicity Johns on Lit

Free on Pressbooks:
Erotic Passages
Echoes on the Stairs

And if you just can't get enough:
Felicity Johns - Author

Feedback is always welcome!

Old Today, 01:11 PM   #18
NOIRTRASH
Literotica Guru

Each of us has our deal breakers. I wont read a word past any PC code word like JUDGMENTAL or RACIST or any of the others.

Its said you can get away with anything so long as its between quotes, and that's true.

Old Today, 01:42 PM   #19
49greg
Literotica Hack

Not a lady, or girl or woman, or any other female gender, but I did date a girl years ago, who preferred "twat" to pussy, when referring to her own part. She told me that it sounded cute.

To each her own.

Old Today, 01:45 PM   #20
Ewobbit
Really Experienced

<--- Not female, much less "a lady". And, in fact, don't even have a feminine side to get in touch with.

But, I find this topic fascinating. As somewhat of a student (however poor) of linguistics in my checkered past, I'd come to the conclusion that it was the hard, abrupt sound syllables such as "kuh" or "tuh" that made some words seem "vulgar".

At the ripe old age of 3 (and three quarters), I had a bit part in the school's Senior Play (Dad was a senior sponsor) and also recited the poem "Pussywillow" during a scene change intermission. I had absolutely NO idea why the audience was snickering and thought I had screwed it up.

Stories

Old Today, 03:27 PM   #21
Lori_the_Hoosier
Really Experienced

I'm not over-enamored of the word 'pussy', but the alternatives are altogether either too coarse, too vulgar, or too childish; 'vajayjay is for retards, 'vagina' is cold and clinical, 'twat' is a ridiculous word, no matter the context it's used in, and 'cooze' is reminiscent of something written on a bathroom stall. I heard the phrase 'greasy box' used recently by a man emptying chemical toilets at a concert, and my visceral reaction was that using words like that in public was probably just one of the many reasons his life's vocation is sucking shit out of plastic boxes. Other words like 'slit', 'gash', 'muff' and 'fur-burger' are just adolescent and not worth uttering by an adult.

I find 'cunt' to be particularly annoying, its Anglo-Saxon bluntness conveys a sense of contempt and disgust, possibly why the English use it as a swear-word, as in 'you are such a cunt', and the English public-school euphemisms my husband and his friends use to avoid giving overheard offense, 'Lady-Garden' and 'Fuzzy-Door' are just funny, in a 'grow up, you jackasses' kind of way.

To my way of thinking, 'pussy' is the softest, least coarse, and most expressive and generally understood synonym for the lady-parts, and, to me at least, is feminine in it's connotations.