Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 09-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #1
Desiremakesmeweak
Literotica Guru

You guys are avoiding the issue

Fuck the password protection/legal crap rights/I am so smart about encryption-but you are so dumb arguments.

Is it okay to see/watch the deliberately sexual intimate acts of people that you don't know?

Today's technology forces you to turn you heads to look. So is it okay or not?

This is the line in the sand that decides whether human society is about to move forward, or remain as backward as it has been.

What's your answer?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #2
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

It's OK with me. And I don't see that you explained this well as your issue before and I don't see that is a societal line in the sand.

It certainly isn't the issue of the example you raised, which, simply, was is it OK to hack and repost private photos placed where the originator thought they'd be private?

And my answer to that is that, no, it's not OK, but it's what is happening, and if the originator didn't want their photos bouncing around cyberspace, they shouldn't have put them anywhere (or given permission to have them posted anywhere) in cyberspace--because hacking and reposting is what's happening in the real world. There's no "should of" about that.

I see a sliding scale on "victim" on that issue. If the photos were taken by a husband while they were asleep and posted without their permission by the husband, then, yes, they are fully the victim. If they were taken while they were asleep by a boyfriend and posted without their permission by the boyfriend, then they are slightly less the victim (there isn't the implied commitment there of marriage). If the photos were taken by either a husband or a boyfriend and they gave their permission for them to be posted, they are even less the victim. If they posted them themselves they aren't much a victim. They are more the dummy for not figuring out the real world as it is (that or, if a celeb, they are exercising promo).

Old 09-08-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

Photos on a private server. That's totally invasion of privacy. I would have done something much much different, but like Pilot I am cognizant of the dangers. It's baffling that people are so complacent.

What's worse though is the maliciousness of the commentary. And the breathtaking obtuse fuckwit attitude of some of the sites--like reddit, who said that they want people to behave nicely out of virtue, not because reddit enforces rules.

I will say this, though; I have not seen one single one of those pictures. it hasn't been difficult to avoid them.

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 AM   #4
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
. . .

I will say this, though; I have not seen one single one of those pictures. it hasn't been difficult to avoid them.
Neither have I.
Frankly, I'm not sure I care that much about it.

Handley Page

"Incident at Cemetery Junction"
"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
SamScribble
Yeah, still just a guru

You know what: I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about. But it is nice to see Stella on the board.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:46 AM   #6
StrangeLife
Literotica... something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiremakesmeweak View Post
Fuck the password protection/legal crap rights/I am so smart about encryption-but you are so dumb arguments.

Is it okay to see/watch the deliberately sexual intimate acts of people that you don't know?

Today's technology forces you to turn you heads to look. So is it okay or not?

This is the line in the sand that decides whether human society is about to move forward, or remain as backward as it has been.

What's your answer?
Sure. Provided they're hot.

My stories on Literotica.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #7
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

I find the hackers who are stealing identities and people's money and credit cards far more dangerous than the ones who post nudie pics. I'd rather someone find and post a picture of my cock and put it on the net rather than wipe out my bank out. Maybe that's just me.

I'll join the list of people who have not seen these pics. Know why we haven't? Because we have not looked for them.

But many did and know why? Because the media has no issue with telling people these pics are out there and where they can be found so if you are going to rail away it goes past the hackers and into the darling of the media as well.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.

I haven't seen the pix nor have I looked for them. My attitude about most things is, if you put it out there, in my face, I'll look, but I don't go snooping for pix or money or dirt.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 AM   #9
StrangeLife
Literotica... something..

I see it this way:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If somebody looks at your personal pictures without you knowing or ever finding out, does it cause you any harm?

Of course if I suddenly see my own dick all over the internet it would be an entirely different matter. And I suppose that is the situation a celebrity faces.

My stories on Literotica.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #10
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLife View Post
I see it this way:

Of course if I suddenly see my own dick all over the internet it would be an entirely different matter. And I suppose that is the situation a celebrity faces.
At which point the celebrity had better be a bit more careful about who takes what pics and where they go!

Handley Page

"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Charlie's Story "

Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
Zeb_Carter

Old adage: If you don't want it on the net, don't take that picture of you naked.

Simple strategy, works every time.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #12
litmlove
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post
Old adage: If you don't want it on the net, don't take that picture of you naked.

The good ol' Stop-living-life strategy. How about everybody else shows each other some fking respect.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #13
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by litmlove View Post
The good ol' Stop-living-life strategy. How about everybody else shows each other some fking respect.
If you want a friend, get a dog.

A Fall of Stardust (Nude Day / SF) - "Hagh. cha' qab entries vaj contest. 'ej batlh cha' tlhIH suck, ghewmey, jaj Qu'lIj'e' bup chaH." -Anon
Jenny Be Fair 02 (incest-humor) - "Total shit - smug, shit-eating, stupid and up-your-own ass... No stars." -Anon
What Is Cheating? (essay) - "Rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' BARF! I don't think an editor would help this mess. Was there a point? There certainly didn't seem to be a storyline." -Anon
Under His Eyes (LW / satire) - "YOU ARE A SICK FUCK. WHY WOULD YOU WRITE THIS HORRIBLY VILE STORY. THIS IS HUMANITY AT ITS WORST. I ONLY SKIMMED TO SEE WHAT CRAP IT WAS. YOU NEED TO BE LOCKED AWAY FROM ANYONE YOU COULD HURT FOR REAL. MINUS 1 BILLION ISN'T ENOUGH. DON'T WRITE ANYMORE." -Anon

NEW: Like A Hole In The Head (Fetish)
(Summer Lovin' contest) Prickly Pairs (LW)
A Taste of Incest: Lemonade (Incest)

Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #14
litmlove
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLife View Post
I see it this way:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If somebody looks at your personal pictures without you knowing or ever finding out, does it cause you any harm?

Some laws are made to protect victims, some laws are made to protect society on the whole, most laws are a combination of both reasons. Protecting the privacy of private photos is both.

To say "No harm - no foul" is stupidly naive. It this same attitude which leads to The Tragedy of the Commons: a situation where nobody believes they are at fault for the destruction of a resource because everyone each only took one piece.

Kate Upton built a career on everybody coveting her tits and now they have been revealed because of an electronic intruder. Will people be as interested in her bikini photos when she now has nude pictures available? Yeah, you all know the answers.

I know you are being flippant when you talk about your dick, but you shouldn't be. You need to think that by protecting the privacy of others you are protecting your own.

Last edited by litmlove : 09-08-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
Handley_Page
Literotica Guru

Quote: -
"Reddit has closed the board that became a hub for the leaked nude photos"

That's that, then.

Handley Page

"Pest Control"
"Mavis's Car Trip"
"Norman-the-dragon "
"Stacy & the Angel "
" Charlie's Story "

Old 09-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #16
oggbashan
Ancient writer

I haven't seen them, nor have I looked for them.

I think it was wrong to hack them, and ill-advised to store them on a public server. Most of my family photos are still in physical photo albums. If I scan them, I will keep them on CDs or DVDs, not in the cloud - unless I want to share with people researching their ancestry.

My stories are mainly posted here or on Yahoo Adult Groups, and a few in other relevant places. But they have been copied, re-copied and posted all over the internet. It isn't because they are popular, but they are accessible and some have been around for over a decade.

I don't mind links back to Literotica, or to the Yahoo Groups, because if I edit a story the latest version will be seen, but they are stored in thousands of files that I don't and can't control.

If I was trying to make money from my stories, I'd be irritated that they are stolen so often. I'm posting them free. If people like them, that's a bonus.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #17
stickygirl
Smile..it confuses people

I think I saw some of JLaw on Tumblr, with a large number of image reblogs. They didn't show any more than one might see on a fanclub site, but they were obviously 'private' photos ie ambient light, slightly blurry, posing in the mirror.
When the news broke, I went to find them again and Tumblr had rightly pulled them off.

I think the answer I'd give the OP is that, it's not whether you managed NOT to look, but how you react to it. If you wish to register your disagreement, there aren't many ways to do it beyond online petitions, but all we would be doing is expressing indignation over theft.

Last edited by stickygirl : 09-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
Zeb_Carter

The thing is that there is always going to be some...asshole that just has to break into someone's stuff to see what they can see. That's just the way it is today.

Did they not get spank enough when they were kids?

Were they not loved enough when they were kids?

I don't know, but they are out there wanting to stick their smarmy little noses into everyone's business. They want to be the first to get the "dirt" on everyone of celebrity. They want the picture that all the other little perverts want to see.

Myself, I could care less if Jenny posed nude for her hubby/boyfriend and then was stupid enough to upload them to the cloud.

Once it's on the net, it's on the net to stay. e.g. Alisa Milano

Her parents fought and fought to get those pics of her off the net for years. They are still out there. It just takes one person to download and keep uploading them for them to be forever available for the little no life perverts to look at and say to other "I saw "insert name here" naked."

Old 09-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
JKendallDane
Plot Bunny Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb_Carter View Post

Ya know, every one of the currently whining celebs need to buy a clue from former Disney star Dylan Spouse.

When his ex decided to embarrass him last year by posting nude selfies he had sent her, he manned up and took full blame for being dumb enough to take the pics in the first place.

Pretty smart for a twenty-one year old kid that got caught with his pants down for the whole world to see.

My Literotica stories and series

Come visit me on Facebook

Old 09-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #20
jomar
chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
And my answer to that is that, no, it's not OK, but it's what is happening, and if the originator didn't want their photos bouncing around cyberspace, they shouldn't have put them anywhere (or given permission to have them posted anywhere) in cyberspace--because hacking and reposting is what's happening in the real world. There's no "should of" about that.

One of the problems is that it's an opt out issue...iStuff's default is to post pics to their cloud to sync all iDevices. The other problem is people don't think about it or take the time to note and set privacy settings.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #21
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

The first "opt to" is in the hands of the individual--and they've taken the responsibility to "opt to" from the getgo. The "individual," of course, may not be the one the photo is of. But if it is . . .

Old 09-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #22
jomar
chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
The first "opt to" is in the hands of the individual--and they've taken the responsibility to "opt to" from the getgo. The "individual," of course, may not be the one the photo is of. But if it is . . .
Right. My second point.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 PM   #23
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Quote: -
"Reddit has closed the board that became a hub for the leaked nude photos"

That's that, then.
And of course no one lifted them from reddit and posted them anywhere else, of course not.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #24
Zeb_Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKendallDane View Post
Ya know, every one of the currently whining celebs need to buy a clue from former Disney star Dylan Spouse.

When his ex decided to embarrass him last year by posting nude selfies he had sent her, he manned up and took full blame for being dumb enough to take the pics in the first place.

Pretty smart for a twenty-one year old kid that got caught with his pants down for the whole world to see.
Yep. If you did the deed, just fess up...everything goes away faster if there is no story to keep it going. Get over it, it's done, I'm moving on, bye-bye.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #25
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Pretty much a none issue from where I sit. I ain't seen any of it nor do I care too.

New Story: Marley 08/21/14 Interracial Summer Lovin' Contest

Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad