How To Index Picture Thread

drtshare

Literotica Guru
How To Index Picture ThreadI have been ask how to index picture thread. I will go thru step and add pictures of each step until I have full index.

Here are instructions:

You want to index your pictures.

1.) Click the 'Edit' button in your first post of the thread, where you want the index to appear (most people have it in their first post. but it can be anywhere)
I like to open new window for this Full Edit. image

2.) Go to the first pic attachment, and open it in a new window or tab.
image 1
3.) Copy the URL of the attachment you just opened from the address bar. image2

4.) Click on insert link button on the "edit window" paste URL address for picture. image4

5.) Repeat steps until you have add all the pictures you like.

6.) Look can add titles... type of picture... Colors .. Fonts so to break up the index.

7.) Or do as I do when I do one for someone just number them. ( You can go back and edit them later)

8.) Save ..Submint the edit page. (ONE THING i DO BEFORE I DO THIS IS CUT/PASTE THE FULL EDIT AND SAVE IT IN NOTEPAD. Something lit's servers messup and donot make changes the first time. And for a time there was a size time on post. I find it better to have backup, so I do not need to redo it again.

9.) It's best to do index from the start of the thread, not later as it can be a bear to go thru each page and picture later.

If you open images in post 3 and 4 you can see the step by step of doing this.

Attachments

• Borg.JPG
    Borg.JPG
    3.2 KB · Views: 864
  • Borg1.JPG
    Borg1.JPG
    1.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Borg11.JPG
    Borg11.JPG
    1.4 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Images of how to.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 465
  • index (1).jpg
    index (1).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 287
  • index (2).jpg
    index (2).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 230
  • index (3).jpg
    index (3).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 122
  • index (4).jpg
    index (4).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 260
images how too

Attachments

• index (5).jpg
    index (5).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 102
  • index (6).jpg
    index (6).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 68
  • index (7).jpg
    index (7).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 79
  • index (8).jpg
    index (8).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
  • index (9).jpg
    index (9).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 103
You should ask the AmPics mod(s) to make this a sticky in one of their forums. :)

Maybe we can put it in the FAQs Before Posting or Blank Manual sticky as well. It doesn't come up here THAT often here, but there are always people who wonder but don't ask.

You should ask the AmPics mod(s) to make this a sticky in one of their forums. :)

Maybe we can put it in the FAQs Before Posting or Blank Manual sticky as well. It doesn't come up here THAT often here, but there are always people who wonder but don't ask.

Done.:rose:
Not sure whether it needs a different title or not.

I'd forgotten it was already in there. :eek: However, this is definitely a more instructional thread, and I think you did a good job with the title. :)

I'll start going through my FAQ posts and updating the instructions to reflect the changes with the latest upgrade in the near future.

I'd forgotten it was already in there. :eek: However, this is definitely a more instructional thread, and I think you did a good job with the title. :)

I'll start going through my FAQ posts and updating the instructions to reflect the changes with the latest upgrade in the near future.

Thanks not sure if it is done 100%, but hope it get the point across. And having images helps I think. Yes, the latest upgrade did change some of the steps. I would love to hear from anyone to see, how it work or does not.

fred

Thanks not sure if it is done 100%, but hope it get the point across. And having images helps I think. Yes, the latest upgrade did change some of the steps. I would love to hear from anyone to see, how it work or does not.

fred

I still feel there is more to be done with this ... I will try to add a few more step with images in the next week.

fred

Ok, so I understand how to index the pics, but I don't get how to change the wording once it's there (so it doesn't just show a link, but rather what I want to name the pic). I think someone told me to just type over the highlighted part of the link, but that doesn't work for me. I'm sure it's some simple step I'm missing, but I feel kinda dumb! :eek:

Ok, so I understand how to index the pics, but I don't get how to change the wording once it's there (so it doesn't just show a link, but rather what I want to name the pic). I think someone told me to just type over the highlighted part of the link, but that doesn't work for me. I'm sure it's some simple step I'm missing, but I feel kinda dumb! :eek:

Easiest way is to open your control panel and look at the link in your sig line, from that you should be able to see where to put the new text.

I send you Pm on how to contact me. just did a fast index for you on your thread..

:kiss:

fred

As far as I'm a bit lazy ;) I'd wrote a program to build the index of the attachements of a thread.

Feel free to send me a PM with the url of your thread and I will build the index asap!

Angel.

Great guide, here's my method though:

(need Excel or OpenOffice Calc)

Open new file

First column put in ""
fourth column is name of pic
5th column is ""

Should look similar to this:

tutorialpic.jpg

Just select all, copy and paste. It may look weird with extra spacing, but it works just fine since HTML ignores them.

For an "instructional" thread, the original post is kind of hard to understand. The typography and grammar are all over the place and the images really need to be "inline" instead of links that open the image in a new window or tab. And maybe try not to use the highest compression/lowest quality when saving JPEGs next time—it's not the 90s and no one needs the file sizes small enough to avoid taxing the bandwidth demands of dialup.

I understand you're trying to help, but unless you know you're the world's best instructor, get someone to proofread your work before you submit it to the internet.

Back