Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 01-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Advance Notice: No oggbashan support thread for April Fool Contest.

This is an extract from the Welcome Authors! Please Read thread:

April Fool's (April 01)
themes: Stories (humorous or otherwise) of surprise meetings, humor, tricks, trick endings, and other themes of deception, chance, and/or misunderstandings (happy or otherwise)
starts: March 01
closes: March 20
winners announced: March 27

Normally I would start a support thread now because the start of that contest is only four weeks and a bit away. But I won't.

Why not?

After the mess made of the Valentine's Day contest listing I cannot see that there is any advantage to an author in entering a Literotica contest. The Valentine's Day contest gave intermittent or no visibility to any stories that was greater than the story featuring on the New List.

The Valentine's Day contest is usually the most popular, attracting the longest list of entries and considerable numbers of views, votes and comments. But not this year.

I'm sorry. If someone else wants to start an AH support thread for April Fool, please go ahead. I'm too disheartened to bother.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #2
litfan10
owner of slave_

Hey Ogg:

I understand completely but mostly wanted to give a heartfelt thanks for your past energies making the contests what they were both from your threads as well as your wonderful, wonderful stories/essays.

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10

"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 01-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #3
MagicaPractica
Alchemist

Playgrounder #426

Old 01-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
Hey Ogg:

I understand completely but mostly wanted to give a heartfelt thanks for your past energies making the contests what they were both from your threads as well as your wonderful, wonderful stories/essays.
Likewise. I haven't been here that long but I'd like to reiterate that and say "big hug" and thanks - your posts really outlined what the contests were all about for me when I was first starting here - and ever since

Old 01-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #5
MindsMirror
Really Experienced

We are feeling the same malaise about the contests. We'd even started a story to submit for the Valentine's contest. The thing that deterred us was the fact that our Summer Lovin' story was the one that was plagiarized upon multiple sites.

To the point about participation and readership... It probably didn't help the Valentine's contest, to have Lit roll out a new user interface right at the start.

-MM

Old 01-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindsMirror View Post
We are feeling the same malaise about the contests. We'd even started a story to submit for the Valentine's contest. The thing that deterred us was the fact that our Summer Lovin' story was the one that was plagiarized upon multiple sites.

To the point about participation and readership... It probably didn't help the Valentine's contest, to have Lit roll out a new user interface right at the start.

-MM
Thank you all for the posts about my past contest support threads.

Plagiarism? Unfortunately that is the downside of increased visibility. After nearly 15 years of posting stories on Literotica my stories appear on dubious sites all over the world. Why a bot-infested Japanese Anal Fisting Teenager site wants my stories? I don't know but they have copied some including 'copyright oggbashan'.

Posting stories on Literotica or anywhere visible on the internet means they WILL be stolen. Unfortunately we cannot prevent that. All we can do is draw the website owner's attention to the theft. I did that for yet another theft of multiple oggbashan stories this week. Five days later the stories are still there and the website owner hasn't responded.