Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To... > HT Cafe

Old 12-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
sexuallydeprive
Virgin

how to take sexy picture?

So what makes a picture sexy?
Is it showing a lot, showing a little, teasing? I'm just really curious because I don't really know what makes a photo really sexy. Is it what your wearing? How much your not wearing? I'm looking for any tips or pointers.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #2
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Location: We exaggerate the sexual appetites in ourselves to take the place of the love we inadequately feel. --Graham Greene
By definition, it's sexy if it turns you on. Might be total flesh, or only eyes, or fingers, or even toes or ears, or maybe only a highlighted outline, a suggestive curve. Edward Weston famously shot very sexy pictures of sensuous vegetables and no, not inserted into orifices.

Of course your turn-ons may not match others. Our kinks are our own. I see many 'erotic' images that definitely do not turn me on. Follow your heart.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #3
may_I_please
Grin and bare it

I think leaving something to the imagination is important ...it's about the thought of things to come

Turning it monochrome never hurts

Look at pictures you find sexy and try to work out why

This is a thread on the playground about sexy imagery you might like it http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1171415

Last edited by may_I_please : 01-01-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
Penuche
not

Quote:
Originally Posted by may_I_please View Post
I think leaving something to the imagination is important ...it's about the thought of things to come <snip>
Agreed - one of my husband's favourite photos of me shows the least, but the facial expression in it (I can't emote on demand) and the amount of tongue visible makes it almost obscene.

Nature is very exact in the matter. It hurts just as much as it is worth.

Playgrounder 392

Old 01-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
Penuche
not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
By definition, it's sexy if it turns you on. Might be total flesh, or only eyes, or fingers, or even toes or ears, or maybe only a highlighted outline, a suggestive curve. Edward Weston famously shot very sexy pictures of sensuous vegetables and no, not inserted into orifices <snip>
So did Georgia o' Keefe - her flowers are extremely suggestive. I'd agree that it's mostly in the eye and the mind of the beholder though; start with what you like looking at, or with the tastes of the recipient.

And have fun - what looks so so in normal colour can look spectacular when reduced to 2 colours, cropped in, or solarised.

Nature is very exact in the matter. It hurts just as much as it is worth.

Playgrounder 392

Old 01-03-2016, 04:52 AM   #6
sexnovella
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexuallydeprive View Post
So what makes a picture sexy?
Is it showing a lot, showing a little, teasing? I'm just really curious because I don't really know what makes a photo really sexy. Is it what your wearing? How much your not wearing? I'm looking for any tips or pointers.
The more you play with the viewers imagination the sexier it gets especially if you do a sexy pose or make a sexual position where you are naked but your nipples and sex are hidden like in the Italian photogragh where the models are nude but the most sensitive parts are covered by their bodies, hands or arms.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #7
themilf
Really Experienced

Greetings and Happy New Year,
I haven't been "here" in a little more than a year, I never thought that would happen given the fact that I used to visit daily!
So what's the protocol these days? I would like to share with you a pic on which I've received tons of compliments because I'm told, it's unintentionally unexpectedly sexy and erotic.
Is it ok to post here?
Don't want to have anyone think I'm hijacking the thread!

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.
T. S. Eliot

My single submission:
In the Mature category, imagine!
http://www.literotica.com/s/seth-fans-the-flames

Old 01-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #8
sweet_chelle
Really Experienced

Clean the room you're in first. It's sooo distracting

Old 01-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #9
jehoram
Really Really Experienced

1. When you're taking a selfie in the mirror, check to make sure that the focus is set correctly. A lot of cameras with auto-focus will focus on the surface of the mirror to set the distance, resulting in a blurry image.

2. Nothing says "amateur" like red-eye.