Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Amateur Pic Feedback

Old 08-11-2016, 02:15 AM   #1
JRPerrone
The Curator

The Living Works of Art Challenge

Iíve come up with what I think is a fun idea for a thread. A little challenge for the men of lit, for the viewing pleasure of the lovely ladies of lit.

There are many well-known works of art that are based on the male human form. I thought we could reverse the process and pose to emulate those works. Hereís what I propose: every week I will select an iconic work of art. Men, your job over the ensuing week will be to post a shot of yourself posing in your best rendition of said work of art.

Ladies, sit back and enjoy, or chime in and encourage us.

So, on to Challenge #1, an obvious choice: The statue of David, by Michelangelo.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lo_JBU0001.JPG

Go ahead, guys, show us your best ĎDavidí. I will post my own rendition sometime over the weekend.

Last edited by JRPerrone : 08-11-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:37 AM   #2
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

lol, It's funny you picked the Statue of David, because I already have one handy.
Way back in my full frontal Superbowl bet thread, as part of my loss, I did a full frontal pic, and in a coincidence, decided to pose in my closest approximation to David.

Here is the result I came up with.
I'm not quite as well sculpted as David himself, but I hope the ladies don't mind.

My Stories

Last edited by EctoJohn : 09-05-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:25 AM   #3
talikat
Happy Holidays!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRPerrone View Post
Iíve come up with what I think is a fun idea for a thread. A little challenge for the men of lit, for the viewing pleasure of the lovely ladies of lit.

There are many well-known works of art that are based on the male human form. I thought we could reverse the process and pose to emulate those works. Hereís what I propose: every week I will select an iconic work of art. Men, your job over the ensuing week will be to post a shot of yourself posing in your best rendition of said work of art.

So, on to Challenge #1, an obvious choice: The statue of David, by Michelangelo.

Go ahead, guys, show us your best ĎDavidí. I will post my own rendition sometime over the weekend.
Sweet, I'm in!!! Who doesn't love living art?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoJohn View Post
lol, It's funny you picked the Statue of David, because I already have one handy.
Way back in my full frontal Superbowl bet thread, as part of my loss, I did a full frontal pic, and in a coincidence, decided to pose in my closest approximation to David.

I'm not quite as well sculpted as David himself, but I hope the ladies don't mind.
You did a wonderful job Ecto, thank you!!!

index

Old 08-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #4
Ins_spacetime87
Literotica Guru

I abdolutely love this idea! And will do my best to make an addition if my own asap. Nice first addition echo!

Love,
- St

My pictures, come visit

Old 08-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #5
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by talikat View Post
You did a wonderful job Ecto, thank you!!!
You're welcome, and thank you.
Glad I could model for someone who likes it.

My Stories

Old 08-11-2016, 10:13 AM   #6
Kimleigh
Literotica Guru

Quote:

I ADORE this idea! Thanks!

Quote:

Woohoo! Love it!

Old 08-11-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimleigh View Post
Woohoo! Love it!
Glad to hear that from a sexy lady like youself.

My Stories

Old 08-12-2016, 12:56 AM   #8
LizzieEr
Das ist mir Wurst

Quote:

This is such a FANTASTIC idea and one I hope is a great success . I am already exited about challenge #1. I always thought i was more of a painting/architecture girl over sculpture but the first time I saw David, it changed. It's incredible what Michelangelo did with with a block of marble. It really did feel like David would step off the podium at any moment and that if I were to reach out and touch him, he would feel warm and not like cold stone.
So Bravo JRP.
Looking forward to your rendition.

Quote:

I think you did a fantastic job, Ecto. Here is your liquorice candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ins_spacetime87 View Post
I abdolutely love this idea! And will do my best to make an addition if my own asap. Nice first addition echo!

Love,
- St
Yay. Cmon St. Looking forward to your post.

Last edited by LizzieEr : 08-12-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:25 AM   #9
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieEr View Post
I think you did a fantastic job, Ecto. Here is your liquorice candy.
*grins big*

Hehe, I'm very amused knowing you considered giving me licorice, which means you've been reading my recent posts.

My Stories

Old 08-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #10
numeniusa
Fellatrix

This is a brilliant idea for a thread! Great pic from EJ Looking forward to yours too, JRP

I just persuaded H to pose for 'David'. Here it is:

My pictures... The 'Numi Sutra'.... 'Couples at play' thread... Voice a list for me...

Old 08-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #11
talikat
Happy Holidays!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numeniusa View Post
This is a brilliant idea for a thread! Great pic from EJ Looking forward to yours too, JRP

Fabulous, I love it, thank you!!!

index

Old 08-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #12
JRPerrone
The Curator

My attempt

Thanks Ecto and H for your great (and brave) entries. Alas, I am not quite so brave so I opted for the traditional fig leaf (OK, it's actually a grape leaf, not many fig trees in my part of the world). I actually took a couple of shots without the leaf, but then chickened out when it came time to post.

It was a lot harder than I thought to capture the essence of David. Not sure my attempt is all that convincing. A couple of things I noticed along the way is that David has impossibly large hands and a really long neck. He looks way more relaxed than me, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2742.JPG (82.8 KB, 0 views)

Old 08-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #13
LizzieEr
Das ist mir Wurst

Quote:
*grins big*

Hehe, I'm very amused knowing you considered giving me licorice, which means you've been reading my recent posts.
Haha, actually I hadn't . But since you mentioned, I went back and looked . I was referring to our candy conversation and wait, I recall you not even liking the black variant. I was the one who liked salmiakki.
Quote:

Goodness!
Oh Numi, I mean he looks fantastic ofcourse but the shadows and lighting on this one. It's gorgeous. Great job on the photograph. And for the stunning HB.

Quote:
Thanks Ecto and H for your great (and brave) entries. Alas, I am not quite so brave so I opted for the traditional fig leaf (OK, it's actually a grape leaf, not many fig trees in my part of the world). I actually took a couple of shots without the leaf, but then chickened out when it came time to post.

It was a lot harder than I thought to capture the essence of David. Not sure my attempt is all that convincing. A couple of things I noticed along the way is that David has impossibly large hands and a really long neck. He looks way more relaxed than me, too.
I love this pose JRP even though you did embark on a Fig leaf campaign.
Also, I thought your attempt was really convincing and you looked fantastic

Last edited by LizzieEr : 08-13-2016 at 02:55 AM.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:44 AM   #14
Icy1
Wandering through.

Really great thread idea.
Ectojohn, hornblende and JRPerrone I really liked your David renditions.

Old 08-13-2016, 03:01 AM   #15
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

Quote:
Haha, actually I hadn't . But since you mentioned, I went back and looked . I was referring to our candy conversation and wait, I recall you not even liking the black variant. I was the one who liked salmiakki.
No, I like black licorice.
I'm one of the weirdos that do.
I guess some wires got crossed in conversation.
I have never had authentic salmiakki.
Isn't that more of a salted licorice flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy1 View Post
Thanks.

My Stories

Old 08-13-2016, 03:05 AM   #16
EctoJohn
Romantic Swordsman

Quote:
No, I like black licorice.
I'm one of the weirdos that do.
I guess some wires got crossed in conversation.
I have never had authentic salmiakki.
Isn't that more of a salted licorice flavor?
Had to look back in my PM history, but I found what I said about salmiakki vs black licorice.

Quote:
I hear about salmiakki often, but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet. I'd almost be scared to try it, though, because I like black licorice, but am afraid of the salt ruining it. I have heard people who like licorice not liking salmiakki, and US candy tends to be more on the sugary sweet end of the taste spectrum as far as I'm aware. One of these days, though, I'll have to order some real salmiakki. You never know until you try something, right?
So I like black licorice, but am unsure about salmiakki.

My Stories

Old 08-13-2016, 03:47 AM   #17
HonorableRogue
Rascally Rulebreaker

Location: Mostly in your world and occasionally in one of my own making.
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks Ecto and H for your great (and brave) entries. Alas, I am not quite so brave so I opted for the traditional fig leaf (OK, it's actually a grape leaf, not many fig trees in my part of the world).
I'll bite. Or the ladies might.

Great idea JRP. You're grape leaf was still braver than my shot. I have another idea to try during the remainder of the week but after getting two direct requests and encouragement from a third source I thought I should put something up tonight.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Darkside of David.jpg (21.5 KB, 0 views)

- George Eastman

Old 08-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
JRPerrone
The Curator

Quote:

I love this pose JRP even though you did embark on a Fig leaf campaign.
Also, I thought your attempt was really convincing and you looked fantastic
aww, Lizzie, you are always so sweet to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy1 View Post
Thanks Icy. Stick around, there is lots more to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonorableRogue View Post

Great idea JRP. You're grape leaf was still braver than my shot. I have another idea to try during the remainder of the week but after getting two direct requests and encouragement from a third source I thought I should put something up tonight.

Cheers
Nice 'back door' version, HR.

It is really cool that I am hearing this thread has created some buzz. I am hearing that ladies are contacting their favorite gentlemen of lit and encouraging them to join in. Others have mentioned discussing it among friends.

I have already got Challenges 2 - 5 selected, so I hope you all are in this for the long haul.

If you have a particular favorite work of art in mind that fits the theme and you would like me to consider it for a future challenge, drop me a note in a PM.

Thanks all for playing along.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #19
Shyguy2831
Virgin

This is a great idea for a thread. You've all made great contributions. I wish I could be that daring.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
msglendale32A
Literotica Guru

Wink

Quote:

I don't mind, in fact, I like.

Quote:

H looks like a model alright.

Quote:

With the leaf, more Adam than David, but nice to see.

Quote:

Cheers
There is another side to the sculpture, so we have it covered from all angles. Nice.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #21
Kimleigh
Literotica Guru

Quote:

Outstanding!!!

Quote:

Great job!!

Quote:

Cheers
Awesome!!

Can't wait to see more men participate!

Old 08-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
numeniusa
Fellatrix

Quote:

Love it, JRP, a very pleasing rendition, in lots of ways. You do look relaxed to me, although I agree with you that it's really difficult to 'hold a relaxed pose', as it were. I've always thought David's hands looked outsized too.

Glad to hear you have the next challenges sorted out. Is Rodin's "Thinker" one of them?

My pictures... The 'Numi Sutra'.... 'Couples at play' thread... Voice a list for me...

Old 08-13-2016, 01:38 PM   #23
numeniusa
Fellatrix

Quote:

Cheers
I like the rear view approach, HR, very nice arse I always go round the back of a sculpture - seems a waste not to when it's a three dimensional thing. The Venus de Milo has a beautiful bum, for example.

Are you teasing us that there will a front or near-front version too, though? I'll add my vote for that

Old 08-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
JRPerrone
The Curator

Quote:
Love it, JRP, a very pleasing rendition, in lots of ways. You do look relaxed to me, although I agree with you that it's really difficult to 'hold a relaxed pose', as it were. I've always thought David's hands looked outsized too.

Glad to hear you have the next challenges sorted out. Is Rodin's "Thinker" one of them?
Thanks Numeniusa,

David has a bit of a sinuous posture that I can't replicate due to several injuries to my lower back over the years. Yes, "Thinker" is on the list, but not next up.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #25
talikat
Happy Holidays!!

Quote:

I'm convinced! Putting your own essence will make it different from David anyway so this is a fabulous spin on it, thank you!!
Quote:

Cheers
Rogue!! Thank you for the butt version!! SPANK!!!

index