Time to get out the edible undies and cinnamon candies. The Literotica Valentine's Day erotic story contest is on the way!
You can discuss the contest at Ogg's Discussion Thread here
We will accept entries starting on January 20
, and we will stop accepting contest entries on February 5
. We will announce the 3 winners on February 12
. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.
for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:
- Authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months are eligible for this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another special/theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible for this one. For example, if you took 2nd runner up in the Holiday contest, you won't be eligible to win a prize in this contest (though you are free to submit and participate).
- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.
The following rules also apply:
- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.
- Author must put the phrase "VALENTINE'S DAY CONTEST 2007" in the "Notes" field of the submission.
- Story must have a Valentine's Day theme - romance, gift giving, Cupid, and holiday lore. Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in random chocolate & Cupids. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness.
Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.
: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.
As always, any cheating will result in disqualification of the story. We reserve the right to disqualify any story/author for any reason at any time.
Good luck, and have fun!