It's time again for writers to combine the sexy and scary to simultaneously titillate and terrify their readers. Yes, the Literotica Annual Halloween Contest is on the way!
You may begin submitting your entries on October 1
. The last day to submit contest entries is October 22
. We will announce the 3 winners on October 29
. This contest will coexist with the usual monthly contest. Stories may only win one or the other, not both contests simultaneously.
for the monthly contests are in place. The only exceptions to the rules are:
- We will allow authors who have won in our monthly contests within the last 6 months to win in this special contest. However, if you have won a prize in another theme contest within the last 6 months, you are not eligible to win in this one.
- A story has only to accrue 25 votes to be eligible, rather than the 50 required for the monthly contest.
The following guidelines also apply:
- All contest stories must be submitted via our online form. If you are a WebTV user or have difficulty with the form, follow the instructions here.
- Author must put the phrase "HALLOWEEN STORY CONTEST 2006" in the "Notes" field of the submission.
- Story must have a Halloween theme: scary stuff, costumes, trick-or-treating, etc. Be creative! Please don't just submit a normal story, throwing in a mask or a couple of trick-or-treat bags. That would not be in the spirit of the contest, and readers & voters would probably punish you for your trickiness.
Any story that meets the above criteria will be automatically entered into the contest, and winners will be decided by reader input (aka votes). The prizes for the top 3 stories will be the same as those awarded in the monthly contests.
: Once your story is submitted, it may take 72 hours for it to be posted. We strongly
suggest that you do not wait till the last day of the contest to submit your story. The sooner you submit, the better chance your story has of accruing the votes necessary to be eligible.
You can discuss this special contest here
The full Special Contest schedule can be found here
Good luck, and have fun!