Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 01-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #1
nosebone
Really Experienced

Submitted Story - Time Frame

Hi all.

Just a quick question, I recently started submitting stories in .rtf. I noticed that the first one took an extra day or so, but my most recent submissions are a week in and still pending. I was just curious, is this more typical than the 2-3 day turnaround? Thanks for any replies!!

nb

Old 01-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Really Really Experienced

A week is a long time, but certainly not unheard of. The turnaround can depend on a lot of factors including the length of the story, the number of other submissions at the time, whether a contest is happening (there is one on now), and whatever else may be going on in Laurel's life. Also, if you open up the submission to make any changes after you submit it, supposedly it goes back to the end of the line.

Sometimes stories DO fall through the cracks though. Laurel is only human. If you feel that it has been an excessively long wait time, you should PM Laurel and ask her to verify that your submission is still in the pipeline.

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 01-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
nosebone
Really Experienced

Thanks for the reply. Iíll give it a couple more days. I hadnít edited them or anything, just figured there must have been a log jam.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
NovusAnimus
Virgin

I've been getting 6-8 day submission times for all of January. Perhaps it's a 2018 thing?

Old 01-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
Thanks for the reply. Iíll give it a couple more days. I hadnít edited them or anything, just figured there must have been a log jam.
Did you check in your Author's control panel to make sure it's listed as pending? If it doesn't list as pending, then there's a good chance a problem has occurred. I've never experienced a foul-up on submissions...but probably anything is possible (from what I've read from others, there are no new postings on weekends)

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 66% Dominant / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 01-27-2018, 03:52 PM   #6
Voboy
Really Really Experienced

My record is ten days. There was no apparent reason for the delay; I submit in Word, but most of mine post up far earlier than that. In the past, non-contest submissions have at times taken a backseat to contest entries. Certainly my last submission, a contest entry from Thursday, got posted within less than 24 hours.

yukonnights gives good advice; as long as it says ďpending,Ē youíll eventually see it published.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
nosebone
Really Experienced

Thanks! Yeah they're listed as pending. Thanks for your replies. It'll just take some time, I'm guessing.