Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Poetry Feedback & Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 PM   #51
WickedEve
save an apple, eat eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaswirls
I got some rah rah's today for my poem! Maybe I can give you some pointers... eh hem

Where is my hero??? Who will protect my rights to kindness and love?

hmm. The study of cow poop. Maybe I should consider that as a day job. I do have a background in biology

hehehe

and no, I am not going to quit writing or cry
just thought it was kind of a funny review

love,

wimpy and unstable

anna
Oh! Bullshit. I had to go look the poem up and see why you were writing about cows pooping on the appalachian trail.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #52
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMerengue
I would love someone to do me
Be sure that I would!

I am committed to Champgne, though

Old 10-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #53
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedEve
Oh! Bullshit. I had to go look the poem up and see why you were writing about cows pooping on the appalachian trail.

I have never seen cow poop on a trail of any sort. Horse poop certainly. I will consider this for a thesis. I think it might be discrimination

what ever happened to your bored cow? Maybe you can use my poem for it.

"To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness." Bertrand Russell

here

Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 PM   #54
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyH
SLUT!

Charley! I am hurt!

Actually, I am. My back. Are you any good as massages?

Your clothes, give zem to me.

"To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness." Bertrand Russell

here

Old 10-20-2005, 08:21 AM   #55
My Erotic Tale
Literotica Guru

thank you Lauren!

Candy Cane

The Pussy in the Christmas Hat
(Literotica Winter Holiday story contest 2005)

"Into the Woods" (erotic fairy tales)

Soul * Pearls~

Old 10-20-2005, 09:30 AM   #56
annaswirls
Pointy?

Thanks Ms. Hynde for your recommendation and for your work in doing the reviews.

Someone asked- why vinegar? It is from Jack and Jill -- it's how they fixed Jack's head when he fell down. I have never understood this medical technique.

Thanks for those who read and commented-- as always....

here

Old 10-20-2005, 10:01 AM   #57
bogusbrig
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Thanks Ms. Hynde for your recommendation and for your work in doing the reviews.

Someone asked- why vinegar? It is from Jack and Jill -- it's how they fixed Jack's head when he fell down. I have never understood this medical technique.

Thanks for those who read and commented-- as always....

I might be wrong but I always thought that vinegar was used as an antiseptic.

The villagers of Eame in Derbyshire, during the plague, used to put money in a saucer of vinegar on the edge of the village so trades people bringing them food would not be contaminated by the money handled by infected people.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #58
RhymeFairy
Literotica Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogusbrig

The villagers of Eame in Derbyshire, during the plague, used to put money in a saucer of vinegar on the edge of the village so trades people bringing them food would not be contaminated by the money handled by infected people.
Bogusbrig ~

Nope you are not wrong.
It was/is an antiseptic.
Just not widely known.

Just Me~

Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #59
CrowSingsOver
Experienced

herbal fun

*passing out double chocolate, sugar, and ranger cookies*

well, my favorite antiseptics are lavender oil, garlic, and honey
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked and the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was often times filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.-Khalil Gibran

Old 10-20-2005, 01:50 PM   #60
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogusbrig

well damn it bogus write a poem about that! what a fucking great image

here

Old 10-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #61
twelveoone
ground zero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooMerengue
I would love someone to do me, but it's really not fair. I've been reading these and other posts and I just don't have the wherewithall to do justice to someone elses work. I know y'all say any opinion is valid but I don't know why I like something. I just like it or I don't. And thats not required here.

Its the reason I quit posting poems here, though. All I was getting was rah rah's from my friends. I rarely get true critique. But I don't know how to give it so I guess it's fair.

But I'm learning by reading, so y'all keep on!!
I got some rah rah's today for my poem! Maybe I can give you some pointers... eh hem
Quote:
Confused Twaddle
10/19/05 by Anonymous in The United States
Fright on the Appalachian Trail? Bovine scatology. Only a wimpy, unstable mind could come up with stuff like this. Learn how to write clearly. It might help with your day job too.

Where is my hero??? Who will protect my rights to kindness and love?

hmm. The study of cow poop. Maybe I should consider that as a day job. I do have a background in biology

hehehe

and no, I am not going to quit writing or cry
just thought it was kind of a funny review

love,

wimpy and unstable

anna
for the record 1.) it wasn't me; 2.) you kind of asked for it, although I can see why

suitep - you have a good attitude

Old 10-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #62
CharleyH
Curioser and curiouser

Quote:
Charley! I am hurt!

Actually, I am. My back. Are you any good as massages?

Your clothes, give zem to me.
If you are a slut? I have massage oils and warm foot baths. Otherwise, I am only as good as you give. (Lauren or Eve are gonna get mad now) EDIT: I am only as good as your metaphor or strophe?

Old 10-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #63
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveoone
for the record 1.) it wasn't me; 2.) you kind of asked for it, although I can see why

suitep - you have a good attitude

um why would anyone assume it was you? and how did I ask for what? Asked for a cow poop comment on my poem by speaking my mind before, or by trying to out of it?

For the record, I honestly was not bothered at all about the comment, it actually got a giggle out of me-- the one last week kind of stung a bit but I am still posting and not whimpered or wounded--

and my where is my hero response was meant to be sarcastic. I don't need a hero.

other than that I have no idea what you are talking about.

here

Last edited by annaswirls : 10-20-2005 at 09:40 PM.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:20 AM   #64
twelveoone
ground zero

Quote:
um why would anyone assume it was you? and how did I ask for what? Asked for a cow poop comment on my poem by speaking my mind before, or by trying to out of it?

For the record, I honestly was not bothered at all about the comment, it actually got a giggle out of me-- the one last week kind of stung a bit but I am still posting and not whimpered or wounded--

and my where is my hero response was meant to be sarcastic. I don't need a hero.

other than that I have no idea what you are talking about.
No, I caught it, my response was multi-purposed, and not about that part,

Old 10-21-2005, 03:38 AM   #65
Man Ray
Literotica Guru

Last edited by Man Ray : 10-26-2005 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Posted in the wrong freakin` place!

Old 10-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #66
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:

okay-- yeah, I understand the cost of promoting privacy means I take the anon comments too....

I am not smart enough to understand the other purposes, but I believe you 100% that they are there.

here

Old 10-21-2005, 09:10 AM   #67
annaswirls
Pointy?

Quote:

okay-- yeah, I understand the cost of promoting privacy means I take the anon comments too....

I am not smart enough to understand the other purposes, but I believe you 100% that they are there.

here

Old 10-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #68
LeBroz
Let the mind roam free

Location: in exile in WNY ~ missing Atlanta and the Silver Comet Trail
Smile

Thanks fly for your mention of my little piece, "She Came." And I will definitely read cymry's submissions; she always stirs my mental cauldron.

"...the poet's function is to describe, not the thing that has happened, but a kind of thing that might happen..." Aristotle Poetics

"All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare." Spinoza

"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all." Hypatia of Alexandria

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." H. L. Mencken, US editor (1880 - 1956)

"The power to do things for you is the power to do things to you." Dorothy Parker

Submissions from
Leon Brozyna

Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #69
cymry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBroz
Thanks fly for your mention of my little piece, "She Came." And I will definitely read cymry's submissions; she always stirs my mental cauldron.

Thanks to both Flyguy69 for the mention in the reviews and to LeBroz for the kind comment.

MyInsanity

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

Old 10-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #70
seranade
Experienced

Arto

I got into town this morning, how about those Astros? I want to come up fishing Sunday, what do you say? I had a book in my mail box, way to go big guy! I won't be home tonight so call me tomorrow.

Alby-back in town

Old 10-21-2005, 06:16 PM   #71
bluerains
528 inception

I have now

Quote:
Originally Posted by seranade
Arto

I got into town this morning, how about those Astros? I want to come up fishing Sunday, what do you say? I had a book in my mail box, way to go big guy! I won't be home tonight so call me tomorrow.

Alby-back in town
become an astro fan...since my other team has sailed into the bullpen...pit...ouy...I have gained much respect for the Astros and the spirit of the pitchers..go astros...

links

Old 10-21-2005, 10:02 PM   #72
WickedEve
save an apple, eat eve

Quote:
I have never seen cow poop on a trail of any sort. Horse poop certainly. I will consider this for a thesis. I think it might be discrimination

what ever happened to your bored cow? Maybe you can use my poem for it.
bored cow is dead. it was just a cow phase. i had some cow issues to deal with and now i'm over it.
but eves habit will eventually make a come back. eventually...

Old 10-22-2005, 12:18 AM   #73
CrowSingsOver
Experienced

I was just rumaging around here and noticed the comment about the cows and weakness...or something such as that. It's good that you didn't take it personally and it made you laugh.

On the other hand, sometimes I wonder if the people who leave anon. messages like that get hot being abusive to people. Undoubtedly whoever wrote it did it in hopes that it would hurt, not be helpful criticism. I can just imagine all these anonymous critics beating off as they type (one handed of course) their less-than-constructive criticism....well...maybe I don't really want to imagine that...too late...it wont go away....

why people are like that, I haven't a clue. I suppose it adds the only little happiness to their sad little lives. And for those who can just shrug it off as the ego-trip it is, the attempt at degrading only showed the "critic" as the true ignorant ass-humping crotch gremlin he or she really is. ( rather like the term...ass-humping crotch gremlin...it has a certain ring).

more cookies anyone?
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked and the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was often times filled with your tears. And how else can it be? The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.-Khalil Gibran

Old 10-22-2005, 02:04 AM   #74
Man Ray
Literotica Guru

Red face

Last edited by Man Ray : 10-24-2005 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Doh! Wrong thread thingy for this!

Old 10-23-2005, 10:19 PM   #75
Cleo_P
Virgin

Angry Tch.

Someone needs to tell that Pervis Brown dude that it's quality over quantity. He really should pace himself :P

Closed Thread