Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 12-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #1
bigdog96
Virgin

how to get out of the friend zone w/ my best friend?

My best friend and I have been that way for 3 years now and thats all we've ever been. Recently she has been sending me messages of how she has dreams of us hooking up and how her parents want us to get married. She also says how one day we will be together and we always flirt over text and at parties but we never seem to take it any further. How do i express how I feel to her?

Last edited by bigdog96 : 12-20-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
Belle_Nuit
Really Experienced

Well it sounds like she's definitely in to you! Just take the plunge!

Old 12-20-2014, 03:04 AM   #3
BertrandRussell
Really Experienced

Simply be honest and say what you feel. It doesn't have to be eloquent. She'll understand it you are a bit tongue-tied; she may even be flattered a bit.

Just do it. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

PS: Be wary of the parents. The fact that they have plans for her personal life - and that she mentions those plans to you - suggests that they may be intruding too much.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #4
Cumference
Observes winter solstice

Well, I don't really think you have to seduce her!

Judging from your description, she is very well aware of you, and ripe for the picking.

The real question is rather: "how do I get moving?"

Old 12-20-2014, 03:20 AM   #5
Mercury_Maniac
frustrated.

agreed i don't think the seduction part is necessary.

Just take her out on a real date and get things going.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:24 AM   #6
Cumference
Observes winter solstice

Have you considered asking her out on a date? Just the two of you? No friends, no parents?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:26 AM   #7
Curmudgeonly
Really Experienced

She wants your validation, not your dick...Sorry.

The dangles of sexual suggestion are designed (subconsciously) to keep you on the string. Women that want to hook-up do so. Those that talk about it want to hear that you are thinking about it but nothing more.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:32 AM   #8
Cumference
Observes winter solstice

A horrible thought occurred to me!

Does "96" in your name mean "1996"?

In that case, you are 18, and her parents starts talking marriage?

Either date her an screw your brains out for several years...... Or start planning your escape route and filling the bug out bag!

Marriage as a virgin at the age of 18!

Run Forest!

Old 12-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #9
bigdog96
Virgin

thank you all your input has really helped and I will keep you updated! we go to lunch and dinner all the time and watch movies and cuddle. it almost seems like we are in a relationship without the actual sexual side of a relationship. we both aren't virgins and we both talk about our sex lives a lot but it seems like she's stringing me for the long run. any thoughts?

Old 12-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumudgeonly View Post
She wants your validation, not your dick...Sorry.

The dangles of sexual suggestion are designed (subconsciously) to keep you on the string. Women that want to hook-up do so. Those that talk about it want to hear that you are thinking about it but nothing more.
Very true.

If she wants you she'll come get you otherwise youll do till her real fool comes along.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #11
midwestyankee
Deranged Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog96 View Post
thank you all your input has really helped and I will keep you updated! we go to lunch and dinner all the time and watch movies and cuddle. it almost seems like we are in a relationship without the actual sexual side of a relationship. we both aren't virgins and we both talk about our sex lives a lot but it seems like she's stringing me for the long run. any thoughts?
Make sure that your life has included at least a half dozen serious relationships before you consider getting married. And serious does not mean cuddling after sharing a milkshake.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
Harold_Hill
Experienced

Quote:
My best friend and I have been that way for 3 years now and thats all we've ever been. Recently she has been sending me messages of how she has dreams of us hooking up and how her parents want us to get married. She also says how one day we will be together and we always flirt over text and at parties but we never seem to take it any further. How do i express how I feel to her?
You tell her. It's that simple. If you really are best friends, then you should be able to talk about anything: even your feelings.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #13
southern_gal
Will work for Margarita's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESBJOHNSON View Post
Very true.

If she wants you she'll come get you otherwise youll do till her real fool comes along.
If it weren't for you sunshine, we'd never have heard the phrase "every dark cloud has a silver lining". So on behalf of all of us everywhere that love silver linings, thank you mr cloud.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #14
query
Pujya Guruji

Quote:
I heard a title the other day. I'm probably saying it wrong but it was something like "straight gay-boyfriend"

Girls that want to hook up with you are not apt to discuss their sex lives with you.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #15
Kitty92
You want some titty

Quote:
I think the general consensus is to go for it. Get 'er done!
She runs away from a...
life spent...
Being witness to other ...
unwilling participants
Of a pain
That you and I will never know

She's tied in a X shape across the bed; she can't grab on anything to relieve herself as his tongue slithers out. He uses it to pleasure one of her erect caramel tips. She moans and secretes her love juices all over his rigid fingers, inserted in her drenched and throbbing chasm.

S&&M
Rocco Siffredi. Nuff sed

I think I'm like a lil crazy not because I think I'm crazy but because when other ppl think I'm crazy, I totally don't see why. And supposedly that's crazy.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #16
JtohisPB
Cavity Inducing

Quote:
Originally Posted by query View Post
I heard a title the other day. I'm probably saying it wrong but it was something like "straight gay-boyfriend"

Girls that want to hook up with you are not apt to discuss their sex lives with you.
"Straight gay bestie" is the phrase you're searching for. YW.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
Doog_kuron
Really Really Experienced

My secretary describes me as her best gay straight friend. Sad times.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #18
southern_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doog_kuron View Post
My secretary describes me as her best gay straight friend. Sad times.
Well look who's back.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM   #19
Doog_kuron

I'm not back. It's a sebatical. With dubious quantities of alcohol. And probably gay. But not.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #20
southern_gal

Quote:
I'm not back. It's a sebatical. With dubious quantities of alcohol. And probably gay. But not.
I adore gay men. Plus we've talked clothes buying before so maybe there's hope for you after all.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #21
Doog_kuron

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_gal View Post
I adore gay men. Plus we've talked clothes buying before so maybe there's hope for you after all.
You've not seen my fashion sense. Mirrors the world over crack in sympathy.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #22
southern_gal

Quote:
You've not seen my fashion sense. Mirrors the world over crack in sympathy.
Men usually have a good eye for what looks good on a woman even tho most guys look like they just put on the first thing they got their hands on.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #23
Doog_kuron

Quote:
Men usually have a good eye for what looks good on a woman even tho most guys look like they just put on the first thing they got their hands on.
Actually to my shame I did put on the first thing I could put my hands on which presently consists a slate grey track suit bottoms and an ugly olive green tshirt with a meaningless logo on it. But I have replaced my blood with alcohol so not a complete failure.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #24
southern_gal

Quote:
Actually to my shame I did put on the first thing I could put my hands on which presently consists a slate grey track suit bottoms and an ugly olive green tshirt with a meaningless logo on it. But I have replaced my blood with alcohol so not a complete failure.
ok I've got it. You come to my house, share your alcohol and I'll dress you.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #25
Doog_kuron

Quote:
ok I've got it. You come to my house, share your alcohol and I'll dress you.
Okay. I'm beginning to see how this conversation is beginning to slip from my control. But I will definitely share my booze with you. Could certainly use a drinking buddy!