Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > How To...

Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Kirbyman01
Virgin

How to make it so the MC describing something is understandable.

First off, I looked around and from what I saw I couldn't find something like this topic so I apologize if this already exists.

One issue I find myself having when writing is explaining how the main character knows certain things they otherwise wouldn't in context. Like them perfectly describing breast size or penis length, to also things like clothing and such.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:18 AM   #2
Weird Harold
Opinionated Old Fart

Try posting this in the Author's Hangout where there are people who are more likely to have good suggestions.

As for "perfectly describing breast size or penis length" -- don't.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 AM   #3
Kirbyman01
Virgin

Oh my mistake. I misunderstood. I'm sorry and thank you

Old 04-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #4
HisArpy
Literotica Guru

Clothing or background visuals are done as a descriptive narrative - "She walked down the hallway, past the wall sconces holding unlit candles..." Or; "Chloe held the red sheath dress in front of her body to see how it looked in the mirror. She liked the way the sequins sparkled though the hem at the bottom barely made it to her knees."

Body parts are just descriptive but stay away from exact measurements or inference of measurements. "His hands felt very warm to her." vs "She thought his hands were a full degree hotter than normal."

Old 04-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #5
jehoram
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyman01 View Post
One issue I find myself having when writing is explaining how the main character knows certain things they otherwise wouldn't in context. Like them perfectly describing breast size or penis length, to also things like clothing and such.
Short answer: you don't. For bra size, you might get away with comparing what they're seeing to what they've seen before: "Her tits looked to be the size to wear a 34-C, like my ex-wife's did."

As for penis size, well, unless they're seeing the guy's wang through his clothing, there's no easy way to tell, is there? Save it for when he drops his shorts. (And even then, keep it general, unless they're going to whip out a ruler at some point.)

Clothes are easier, if you're simply describing what they're seeing. But unless the MC is really up on that sort of thing, stay away from describing them by designer labels and like that. But you could say that she dressed in the style of some celebrity reference point that the reader could relate to.