Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 11-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #1
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Available to edit ~~ November 2014

Sign in if you are available this month.

* Include preferences such as copy or literary editing, or if you are unwilling to edit certain types of story (Non-Con, BDSM, Fetish, Incest, etc.).

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines

Have fun!

A Little Girl's Legacy ~ by JaeLynn Topper

Pay It Forward ~ by JaeLynn Topper

My Page
My Blog
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Old 11-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #2
Todger65
Experienced

I'm free

Not able to take on any new stories for the time being. Snowed under with projects at the moment. Hope to be ready for new in December

Still available this month

I am not into BDSM piss or scat, anything to do with rape, non-con or drug use and won't touch these stories. Pretty much anything else goes.

Copy editing, can advise on some story lines but am not an author.

Prefer Ms word or open office format, but could do others.

PM me with your requirements. I need to know what category, word count and whether USA or UK English so I don't correct locality variations.

Last edited by Todger65 : 11-17-2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: no longer available for new stories

Old 11-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
MarieWriter
Really Experienced

editing

ok- good to edit again. Since it appears that the direct links to editors is always in turmoil somehow---

No incest, no underage, for me that's 21. No celeb or horror. When in doubt ask. Sorry, not into thousands of pages or ongoing chapters unless it's something special and requires minor editing.

Editing for story or plot- etc.... The simple frilly or hard core I hate you edit- take your pick )

Usually a quick turnaround. I work in Word, so that's the easiest format for me.

I try to check on here every other day or so-- If you can find my editors post or authors post it should contain the link to my email address.

--Marie

Old 11-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #4
Combat323
Virgin

Available

I'm working with 2 other writers right now, but can handle more if you have patience. One of the current projects should be a quick turn.

I like to work in Word using the review tools because I tend to make a lot of comments and write examples to explain recommended changes. Then I send back one file with the changes accepted, but the comments intact, and another file with the changes still marked-up. That makes it easy for the writer to see the changes, see the result, and get rid of editing marks and comments prior to submitting. I will work in other formats including pieces pasted directly into email.

I'm still pending approval as an official volunteer editor.

Last edited by Combat323 : 11-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
JonB1969
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynn_ View Post
Sign in if you are available this month.

* Include preferences such as copy or literary editing, or if you are unwilling to edit certain types of story (Non-Con, BDSM, Fetish, Incest, etc.).

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the next box down (Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators) is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

* No e-mail addresses allowed in posts ~ personal info prohibited per forum guidelines

Have fun!
JonB1969 is available to take clients this month.

Genres I WILL NOT EDIT -- Gay Male, Incest/Taboo, Rape/Non-consent, Horror, and Non Human. Do not even contact me if your story falls under any of these categories.

I will edit in American English. If you write in Queen's English, please let me know what dialect, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, ect, and I will do my best to retain the slang words and such.

I will mainly edit for grammar, spelling, and such, but if you need guidance or advice with dialogue, plot, or any of that, please let me know and I will be happy to provide such feedback or advice.

I do not have either Microsoft Word or Works, instead I have Open Office, however I can work with any file type from Microsoft.

I also will not edit any stories 10000 words or longer. This is about 20 single spaced pages. The reason for this is because I have projects of my own and I would also like to work on those.

Thank you.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
SexyGeek
Experienced

Talking Available

I am available this month.

I can do almost anything but shit or piss ...

I can handle basic grammar, structure and so on, but I also like to make suggestions about plot and character development.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
NickiC
Really Experienced

I tried to find an editor but I think it was a man trolling for women. I will send it to you. It needs work

Old 11-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
Combat323
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiC View Post
I tried to find an editor but I think it was a man trolling for women. I will send it to you. It needs work
Assume you're addressing SexyGeek since that was the previous post... Should probably send a pm.