Top Ten List
10. Fix the rating system or get rid of it. It is just annoying right now.
9. Get rid of the Goldfinger stories, and other damaged ones like it. They just muck up the system and create the impression the site is not maintained.
8. Get rid of the deadwood, or at least archive it. If a story does not have activity for 90 days it should go to an archive of possible dead stories so no one wastes time adding to it.
7. As a continuation of 8. Any story that does not have activity for 90 should become an open story where another active editor could take control of it. Maybe to take control of an abandoned story you would need to have at least a couple of hundred threads to your credit, or a certain rating.
6. Why do I have to sift through every story I have ever added to when I go to my story list. I should be able to get rid of stories that I am just a writer on that I don't plan to ever add to again.
5. Fix the link back to the lit boards. How the heck do we expect people to find their way back and forth if we don't make it easy.
4. Put a sticky at the top of the Cyoo boards explaining what Chyoo is and provide a link to Chyoo.com that way we don't have to explain it every week to some new person. Other forums get stickys why not ours?
3. Appoint a moderator for the Chyoo forums. Again the other forms have mods why not ours?
2. Finish the site, or at least provide a timetable to fix the ongoing problems. Let us in on what the issues are and what the roadblocks are.
1. Update the site at least every two weeks. This 90 day stuff if crap and it discourages new writers from submitting stories. If you need volunteers to actually read the stories before approving them just ask. I am sure there are people who would help, myself included.
Jake Lyon's Stories
Chyoo Moderator--Most of the time I at least I try to spell things correctly...