Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

Old 06-20-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
renard_ruse
Support Donbas freedom

Sovereignty of the heart

I have never been a "libertarian." I've always believed that government is a necessary institution, not even necessarily an evil, though its often used as one. However, the last few months I've been moving away from that position. I still view some level of very limited government as a necessity and some times it can even do a few benign things like build infrastructure or protect wilderness areas, though these are rare. The idea, however, that I'm "under the sovereignty" of some man made "country" or part of a "society" that I owe something to, other than what it steals from me against my will every April, I now feel is complete bullshit. What is a "government" anyway? People live their lives, individuals live their lives, families form, private businesses operate and their employees do their work. Why the fuck do we need to think of ourselves as part of a "society" or part of a "country"? The whole thing is a bunch of non-sense.

Government is almost always corrupt and controlled by evil people, but its really not that important. It can steal from us, it can pass intrusive and crappy laws to take our freedom, it can put us in its gulag, it can start wars and kill people I guess, but take all that away and does it really matter? Hell no. Its just not that important. People think voting is so important, the media tells us politics is so important, what the government does is so important. The government just gets in the way some times, and screws things up, but its basically just a small part of life. Even in a totalitarian society like the Soviet Union people still lived their lives. Government isn't us, and we shouldn't let it control our hearts. Its just there but we are sovereign, not some bullshit state. We are free individuals. Fuck everything else.
"Observe good faith and justice towards all nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all... In the execution of such a plan, nothing is more essential than that permanent, inveterate antipathies against particular nations, and passionate attachments for others, should be excluded; and that, in place of them, just and amicable feelings towards all should be cultivated"

- George Washington

Last edited by renard_ruse : 06-20-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #2
Colonel Hogan
Madness

Let me get this straight.

The government which is thoroughly corrupt and is populated by evil people who steal from us at every opportunity and who throw us into gulags and start wars is "really not that important" nor is it "important" to vote these corrupt, evil people out of office because basically government is just a "small part of life," so all that gulag suffering and death from wars is really just an annoyance in the grand scheme of things and is hardly worth even worth complaining about on the internet when you stop and think about it.

Also, government "isn't us" despite the fact that any of "us" can run for government office and that all of "them" who do either live or once lived in the same communities "we" do. Hell of a coincidence though, ain't it?

Hard to believe you could cram so much stupid into only two paragraphs.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #3
eyer
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Hogan View Post
Let me get this straight.

The government which is thoroughly corrupt and is populated by evil people who steal from us at every opportunity and who throw us into gulags and start wars is "really not that important" nor is it "important" to vote these corrupt, evil people out of office because basically government is just a "small part of life," so all that gulag suffering and death from wars is really just an annoyance in the grand scheme of things and is hardly worth even worth complaining about on the internet when you stop and think about it.

Also, government "isn't us" despite the fact that any of "us" can run for government office and that all of "them" who do either live or once lived in the same communities "we" do. Hell of a coincidence though, ain't it?

Hard to believe you could cram so much stupid into only two paragraphs.
Not hard at all to believe that a lemming like you...

...would starve to death without your government teat to suckle from.

Tell us more about how your democratic government has full authority to decide by American Idol vote...

...every right every citizen may enjoy or not.

Who in the fuck do you imagine yourself to be...

...to tell me how free my speech can be, that I do not have any natural right to arm and defend myself specifically against wannabe tyrants like you, that you - not what the Constitution purposely states - interprets the Fourth for me while you're reading every email I write without a warrant, while you're killing other Americans without any constitutional due process at all.

Who in the fuck do you imagine yourself to be, Ms. Hogan?