Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > General Board

View Poll Results: Would you live in a house that someone was murdered in?
Yes, doesn't bother me. 12 70.59%
No, it's creepy and eerie. 3 17.65%
Don't care. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 AM   #1
Mike_Yates
The Jackal

Would you live in a house someone was murdered in?

Would you live in a house or apartment where at least one murder had taken place?
"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

-- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Old 08-07-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
oggbashan
Ancient writer

If you live in an older house you may have no idea what has happened to the previous owners/tenants.

Any house more than 100 years old is likely to have seen deaths (and births).

However, finding the corpse in the back garden is a nuisance. You have to move out of your home for weeks while the Police treat it as a crime scene.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
Vera Drake
Baby Killer

No way.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #4
hssh345
Literotica Guru

Is this related to 'Ghost hunters', Mike?

Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
parodyluvr75
A bird on a wire

Location: With the other dodos and no that ain't me in the profile picture. And they say dodos are slow?
Did they catch the killer? Would I get a big break on the rent or purchase?

If yes to those, then yes.

"The petty man is eager to make boasts, yet desires that others should believe in him. He enthusiastically engages in deception, yet wants others to have affection for him. He conducts himself like an animal, yet wants others to think well of him."
Xun Zi

You party too hard for me. Garnate

Old 08-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #6
Recidiva
Be you blithe and bonny

Sure. Price would be pretty low and I might get a deal.

If I were to be haunted, even better.

That would be cool.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #7
Ramone45
Literotica Guru

There was a tragic murder/suicide in the house up the block and it turned over relatively quickly. I'm sure the new owners were aware of what happened. I don't know if I could live there considering the evil that occurred there. He shot her in the bedroom and killed himself in the living room(paradoxically).

Old 08-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #8
BabblingBrooke
Loves Storms

I would not have the slightest problem with this. Plus, the house might be a bargain due to the superstitious types making it less than desirable.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
evesdream
perfect fifth

I (sort of) already do. http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=932093 It caused me a little anxiety at first. I thought about her, (and her mother, who ran down when she heard the screaming and held her until she died), every time I entered the building. I don't think of it often anymore, but I do wonder about how her murderer was sentenced.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 AM   #10
Vera Drake
Baby Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdream View Post
I (sort of) already do. http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=932093 It caused me a little anxiety at first. I thought about her, (and her mother, who ran down when she heard the screaming and held her until she died), every time I entered the building. I don't think of it often anymore, but I do wonder about how her murderer was sentenced.
Is that the thread where Candi went off like a half baked twat at me over ghosts and suicide?

Old 08-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #11
evesdream
perfect fifth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata Morgana View Post
Is that the thread where Candi went off like a half baked twat at me over ghosts and suicide?
It was awful. One of his most self-absorbed screeds on record. Whatever happened to that neon twerp?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #12
thÝr
Karhu-er

I wouldn't, if the bodies were buried in the crawl space.. Maybe, if they weren't smelly and the price was right.

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names - JFK

Old 08-07-2015, 11:58 AM   #13
iamjustme4ever
Literotica Guru

I've been told someone was murdered outside the place I've been living since three years ago. It's OK for me.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #14
Mike_Yates
The Jackal

Residences where murders took place are usually significantly devalued.
"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

-- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Old 08-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #15
MisterT1983
Virgin

Maybe, if the price would be cheap.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #16
4est_4est_Gump
Run Forrest! RUN!

I would happily murder you, stuff you into a shallow grave and squat in your digs.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #17
kbate
Solipsistic Nihilist

As if I have a choice.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:28 AM   #18
4est_4est_Gump
Run Forrest! RUN!

You could only afford the scene of a mass-murder?

Old 08-08-2015, 07:40 AM   #19
sensualsharon
Really Experienced

I'm really shocked most wouldn't mind. I would not consider it. So y'all would have no problem moving into the Manson house, weird. Not me. About the body in the garden, I've read several times if farmers find this, they plow it right under, not worth the disruption. I'd pretend that wasn't there, I'd not report any bones either. Get some topsoil, plant a shrub, hope that's the end of it. Or gather them up and put them out with the garbage. Likely best to leave them and hope the gas company doesn't need to dig.

Please visit my blog. A hopefully interesting site with nearly 200 erotic recordings of mine, and stories I've written. A totally free site I made strictly for the enjoyment of others.

http://sexychatwithsharon.com/

Old 08-08-2015, 07:51 AM   #20
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensualsharon View Post
I'm really shocked most wouldn't mind. I would not consider it. So y'all would have no problem moving into the Manson house, weird. ...
I'd turn the Manson house into a fee-paying museum.

From the UK, our history is so long that old human bones are discovered frequently - even a King under a car park.

Our ancestors are buried all over the place. It only becomes a problem if the corpse is recent.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #21
ishtat
Literotica Guru

Before I was born, one of the employees on my fathers farm hanged himself in one of the barns. He was very simple minded but could do a few very basic jobs with his elder brother's constant supervision

Five years later his elder brother hanged himself in exactly the same place. A police investigation concluded that this too was a suicide.

Another couple of years down the track and one of the deceased brothers co-workers got into an argument with the local policeman which ended up with the policeman being called an idiot, 'just like they coppers who said Jimmy hung himself.'

'Why are they idiots'? asked the policeman.

'Because anyone but a bloody idiot could see both ropes was knotted by a left hander - and John (the elder brother) was left handed wheras his brother wasn't.'

The policeman scoffed but the local opinion was that Jimmy was incapable of tying any knot at all. The knot which hanged both men was a double looped slip knot used by carters and truck drivers to tie and tighten down loads. John was the regular driver of the farm truck.

Old 08-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #22
Vera Drake
Baby Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdream View Post
It was awful. One of his most self-absorbed screeds on record. Whatever happened to that neon twerp?
Not half! And god knows.

I wouldn't mind living in a house where folk had died, this one is quite old and some have. My friend moved into a 16th century house a year or two back, it has a very haunted history and actually a monk buried in the front garden. I shit myself a bit the first night I stayed over but nothing happened and there was no bad vibe at all. And she's never been happier. To be honest it's the size of the spiders there that bother me most.

That said a work colleague of mine got a house on the cheap in the same village as me. An old lady was bludgeoned to death in there a few years ago. I would never live somewhere like that, with a violent history. She doesn't live there anymore and did say there were a few odd occurrences but nothing that drove her out.

For all my love of scary books and films I wouldn't be so brave if it was happening on my own doorstep.