Old 05-19-2018, 10:58 PM   #1
PenPal2001
Virgin

My revised story

I recently edited and revised my Interracial Love story (Interception!) and it was successfully posted, replacing the original version. Now I want my followers, and other readers, to check it out.

Is there a way to let people know that the story has been reposted?

I see there is a tab on the new control panel for news updates, but there is no content. Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Old 05-20-2018, 01:10 AM   #2
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPal2001 View Post
I recently edited and revised my Interracial Love story (Interception!) and it was successfully posted, replacing the original version. Now I want my followers, and other readers, to check it out.

Is there a way to let people know that the story has been reposted?

I see there is a tab on the new control panel for news updates, but there is no content. Am I missing something? Any ideas?
Unless they Follow you, no. And I think, if you've re-posted the story as an Edit, even if they follow you, they won't get notified, because it's not a "New" story. It's just updated text of a previously published story. You could update your Profile to say you've done an edit - that at least would be tagged to anyone who Follows you as a writer.

Which is why it's a bit of waste of time when people fuss with existing stories - you're probably the only person who even knows. If someone liked the original story, there's no real reason why they'd want to read a revision; and if someone didn't like the original, they're not going to bother with a revision, regardless.

Short answer, only people who wander by in future will read the latest version.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 05-20-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
PenPal2001
Virgin

Thanks ElectricBlue!

Good info! I may never revise a story again. It's just that I came up with some ideas to make "Interception!" better and I was compelled to make the changes. I am going to mention it on my profile, as you suggested. I might also start a thread here with a link. I see some people do that.

Old 05-20-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenPal2001 View Post
I might also start a thread here with a link. I see some people do that.
Ha, I forgot about that as an option - asking for feedback here. We'd see the latest version, obviously, so any mention of revisions becomes academic, coz we won't have read the original. But you'll get a few more eyes wandering by - if you do it now you might benefit from another recent thread here, another interracial story - same category, so folk might compare.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions