Word Count?

Bebop3

Really Experienced
Hi,

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section. I'm not really sure where it should go.

Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many words there are in the average three page literotica story?

I realize that precise numbers aren't possible. Any reasonable range would be fine.

Thanks!

If I'm remembering correctly, it's approximately 3500 words per Lit page. So three pages would be a shade over 10k words.

If I'm remembering correctly, it's approximately 3500 words per Lit page. So three pages would be a shade over 10k words.

That sounds about right to me RR. My last story was a shade under 11k words and it ran 3 full pages. I think Laurel has some discretion about where she page-breaks the story, but 3500 words is probably a good working estimate.

That sounds about right to me RR. My last story was a shade under 11k words and it ran 3 full pages. I think Laurel has some discretion about where she page-breaks the story, but 3500 words is probably a good working estimate.

I just looked at the pagination for a couple of my stories. The pages break at the first paragraph break over 3700 words. I generally estimate a Lit page as 3750 words.

My stories stick close to 3,750 words per Lit. page. So, anything over 7,500 words is likely going to spill over on the third Lit. page. I've never had a story spill over onto the third page at just over 7,000 words.

3,750 works for me ;)

None of the stories I peeked at while checking my memory were close enough to the boundaries to pick up on that 250 difference.

I just doubled checked one of my stories. 3713 words on one Lit page. So 3750 is about right.

Be advised that line spacing can make a difference. Chunky paragraphs take up less real estate than choppy dialog with lots of blank lines. One of my short-dialog-heavy stories of 3450 words broke into two pages, with maybe one short paragraph on page two. Grrr...

Be advised that line spacing can make a difference. Chunky paragraphs take up less real estate than choppy dialog with lots of blank lines. One of my short-dialog-heavy stories of 3450 words broke into two pages, with maybe one short paragraph on page two. Grrr...

And it is difficult to edit on the fly to reduce a story enough to avoid the page break.

If I remember right, one of my stories has the only two words "the end" on the last page. But I tried to cut the story to miss the page break and couldn't without a major loss in the story.

That's my experience as well.

Back