infrastructure?
health care, again?
The Wall?
DACA?

what?

Old 12-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

It ain't a done deal yet. It's likely there, but not 100%. Never underestimate the power of Tromp to fuck things up. If 3 Gup senators don't like what comes out of conference, it's dead, and so is the Gup future. Expect lots of local pressure on Congresscritters. They get to decide: keep the donor money flowing, or be booted at the next election by pissed-off constituents?

This really is a huge corporate giveaway and a middle-class tax hike, and the portal to destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the whole social safety net. That's the Gup goal. As for corporations, they'll use their windfall to buy-up competitors and fire redundant staff. New jobs? At fast-food counters, maybe.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

What's floating is that the House will just accept the Senate version (none of them care much what's in it anyway) to avoid any more wrangling.

Old 12-02-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Don’t forget that it’s going to be called “The Cutty McCutface Act.”

Old 12-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #5
wheres_the_beef
Really Experienced

The tax bill isn't done. What got out of the Senate is quite a bit different than what the House passed. It's Conference Committee time to try and hammer out a bill both chambers can pass.

This week is shutdown chicken since the current Continuing Resolution funding the government expires on Dec 8th. The rest of the month is legislatively jam packed just with time critical stuff without taking on something new like infrastructure.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congr...ry?id=51406282

Old 12-02-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
Carnal_Flower
Literotica Guru

The Tax Cut is only Step 1 of the bigger plan: Gut the Safety net. It's all they want.

They'll come back whining about the terrible, terrible deficit and spending and go for entitlements.

Old 12-02-2017, 05:26 PM   #7
WandaGrabowski
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
Can hardly wait to find out.....

infrastructure?
health care, again?
The Wall?
DACA?

what?
Those who have will have more. Those who don't will have less.

Old 12-02-2017, 07:24 PM   #8
Macdaddy23
Literotica Guru

Oh the GOP just tossed the Country under the bus is all. Nothing big about that just destroy the damn nation. Those moron's got bought off by the fat cats.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #9
LincolnDuncan
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Can hardly wait to find out.....

infrastructure?
health care, again?
The Wall?
DACA?

what?
Unless you're very wealthy, you get fucked.

Old 12-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #10
adrina
Heretic

Entitlements. Specifically social security and medicare.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #11
Beco
I'm Not Your Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
It ain't a done deal yet. It's likely there, but not 100%. Never underestimate the power of Tromp to fuck things up. If 3 Gup senators don't like what comes out of conference, it's dead, and so is the Gup future. Expect lots of local pressure on Congresscritters. They get to decide: keep the donor money flowing, or be booted at the next election by pissed-off constituents?

This really is a huge corporate giveaway and a middle-class tax hike, and the portal to destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the whole social safety net. That's the Gup goal. As for corporations, they'll use their windfall to buy-up competitors and fire redundant staff. New jobs? At fast-food counters, maybe.
I am amazed Republicans actually got it to this point. Totally amazed.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #12
Beco
I'm Not Your Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdaddy23 View Post
Oh the GOP just tossed the Country under the bus is all. Nothing big about that just destroy the damn nation. Those moron's got bought off by the fat cats.
The best that it will do is light a fire for the economy, keep the stock market going and get more jobs, possible corporate growth. But to me, that will burn out. If it works, enjoy a few years of prosperity. then the bill comes due...

Go ahead and vote, nobody is afraid of you/democrats. Take power, either way, our leadership is horrible. Hillary was a warmonger, makes dumb decisions aka, Lybia, Ben-Ga-z, and deleting emails....how in the world did she not think that they wouldnt know she deleted emails? 30k of them, how stupid is this woman?

I think I am in favor of term limits, and also, can we see that list of people that had settlements for harassment? Stuart Smiley RESIGN please....you fraud

Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #13
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
The best that it will do is light a fire for the economy, keep the stock market going and get more jobs, possible corporate growth. But to me, that will burn out. If it works, enjoy a few years of prosperity. then the bill comes due...
Corporate CFOs say most tax windfalls will go as dividends to shareholders, many of them foreign banks and sovereign funds. Other cash will go to stock buybacks. Other will go to buy competitors and fire surplus workers -- that's cheaper than developing new products.

What WON'T happen is a USA job surge, because we're already at almost full employment and job openings aren't being filled. Sure, deporting a few million poorly-documented will open up jobs in the harvesting, landscaping, chicken-plucking, and janitorial industries. You'll eagerly jump for one of those, right?

Sorry, job growth promises are slick, steaming bullshit, fresh from the anus.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:42 AM   #14
JawnKarTurr
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Corporate CFOs say most tax windfalls will go as dividends to shareholders, many of them foreign banks and sovereign funds. Other cash will go to stock buybacks. Other will go to buy competitors and fire surplus workers -- that's cheaper than developing new products.

What WON'T happen is a USA job surge, because we're already at almost full employment and job openings aren't being filled. Sure, deporting a few million poorly-documented will open up jobs in the harvesting, landscaping, chicken-plucking, and janitorial industries. You'll eagerly jump for one of those, right?

Well, you claimed to have been a successful employer? Did you owe people a job? I mean did you have extra staff just because?

Poorly documented...that's cute. They're breaking the law and you'd know that if you were an actual employer or did you just ignore federal laws you don't like.

Now if anything you claim is true won't you profit by this tax plan?
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” - C.S. Lewis

Old 12-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #15
Beco
I'm Not Your Guru

Quote:

I'm against illegal immigrants, not immigration. Although I do believe we need a strong border, and we should bring down the limit of LEGAL immigration like it once was, somewhere maybe in the 500k range, NOT a million plus each year, No other country even comes close to that figure."

Old 12-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #16
stickygirl
Literotica Guru

but, but trickledown will save you

Old 12-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #17
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

On the question of what next (although the tax bill hasn't been finalized yet), next is that Congress has five days now to pass legislation keeping the federal government open.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #18
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
On the question of what next (although the tax bill hasn't been finalized yet), next is that Congress has five days now to pass legislation keeping the federal government open.
It'll pass, unless Republicans think it's a sneaky way to stall the Mueller investigation.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #19
Beco
I'm Not Your Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
It'll pass, unless Republicans think it's a sneaky way to stall the Mueller investigation.
You mean the collusion investigation that is now turning into obstruction of justice investigaton? that got its legs with a fake dossier? that investigation?

Old 12-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #20
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
You mean the collusion investigation that is now turning into obstruction of justice investigaton? that got its legs with a fake dossier? that investigation?
You mean the dossier that has had every part examined verified? Shall we go on to checking out the golden shower hooker section of the dossier? What do you want to bet that that part isn't true too?

But, no, the next business of Congress, keeping the government open, doesn't have anything to do with the Russian investigation--unless the treasonous Republican leadership wants to hide something about that in the necessary bill.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:10 PM   #21
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
What does the obstruction investigation have to do with the dossier? Do tell.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #22
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
What does the obstruction investigation have to do with the dossier? Do tell.
Oh, it's in there, obliquely.

* The Russia investigation (via Manafort) started long before the dossier or Mueller.
* Tromp definitely has Russia links that he's lied about and is desperate to conceal.
* Mueller was appointed to probe the Russia links and anything falling from that. Look, obstruction!
* Tromp could prove he's not owned by Putin by releasing his financials. Easy-peasy.
* Tromp could end Mueller's investigation by firing and appointing minions till one will fire Mueller. Oops, obstruction!
* Whatever happens with team Mueller, NY state will still dig into Tromp's money games.

Deeper and deeper. It's turtles all the way down.

Old 12-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #23
Iceprincess12
Neon Trees

Location: Between fantasy and reality...where nightmares play
I vote for passing kidney stones!

Don't adjust your monitor, you are about to enter the irony zone...You have nothing to hide? Use your own picture instead of something found on the internet as your AV.

That was from a google av user.
I pee myself every time I read it.

An old soundcloud, just because.
https://soundcloud.com/frenchieluv/new-age-nonsense

Old 12-08-2017, 03:06 AM   #24
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceprincess12 View Post
I vote for passing kidney stones!
Try it some time. I doubt your screams will be of joy.

Which reminds me of the Roche Sisters' rendition of Silent Night. Two sisters sing a nice harmonic background duet whilst the other screams in childbirth. Xians seriously singing that carol are disconnected from biological reality.

Save your passed kidney stones, gallstones, and any other concretions your body emits. Rock-hard boogers, too. Every emission is sacred.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #25
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

I'm pretty sure the "Silent Night" song isn't meant to start until after the childbirth is over and the silent part is Mary exhausted and the sheep, who don't make much more than a bit of soft lowing (take from the "Away in a Manger" song), babysitting the wee one.