Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 11-11-2017, 03:34 AM   #1
Exescort
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Italics and bold type.

So can anyone tell me why, when I copy and paste my story into the submission box, all the italics and bold type disappear?
I use “pages” on iPad then copy and paste into Safari browser.
Thanks in advance Yvonne
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2017, 04:50 AM   #2
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exescort View Post
So can anyone tell me why, when I copy and paste my story into the submission box, all the italics and bold type disappear?
I use “pages” on iPad then copy and paste into Safari browser.
Thanks in advance Yvonne
The submissions box takes unformatted text only. For that sort of formatting, you have two options:

- save as something like .doc or .rtf and attach the file instead of using the submission box
- add the HTML tags: <i>italic</i>, <b>bold</b>.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 04:28 AM   #3
Exescort
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
The submissions box takes unformatted text only. For that sort of formatting, you have two options:

- save as something like .doc or .rtf and attach the file instead of using the submission box
- add the HTML tags: <i>italic</i>, <b>bold</b>.
Thanks so much, I think I'll try saving as a doc and attaching as a file. The HTML tag thingy sounds like major complicated.
Thanks again Yvonne
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,761
It shouldn't be onerous. If it is, you are trying to use too many italics and/or too much bolding (publishing doesn't like bolding anyway and italics is deemed hard on the eyes and distracting, so it should be rarely used.).
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #5
Exescort
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
It shouldn't be onerous. If it is, you are trying to use too many italics and/or too much bolding (publishing doesn't like bolding anyway and italics is deemed hard on the eyes and distracting, so it should be rarely used.).
I'm using bold for my timeline, i.e. Monday 3pm.
And italics for text messages sent and received?
Are there more appropriate ways to do this?
Thanks for your assistance x
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #6
wooodyme
Really Really Experienced
 
wooodyme is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: mountains back East
Posts: 471
Let me add, if I may be so bold, that in mainstream publishing and the better style guides, bold and italics are always specifically denoted and not for just general use. Lots of authors use italics for thoughts and mostly it creates a reading problem. In some cases no quote marks and no italics but always (!) the tag "he thought." preceded by a comma after the thought.
Like this: Bill always wondered about that, he thought.
Keep it simple. Trying to insert graphics to substitute for text can really get nutty.
Good luck.
Woody
__________________
Old guy who likes to chat and day dream about literature, music, and/or relationships. "Drop me a line..."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.