Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
beatricetheclever
Virgin

Question Old author, new subject

Hi everyone! So as you can probably tell I am new here and I am also writing erotica for the first time. I write many other things (literary fiction, poetry, mysteries, paranormal, creative nonfiction, etc.) so I know every form has its rules. What are the rules here? What should be a part of every good story of this kind?

Thank you!

Last edited by beatricetheclever : 11-03-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Old 11-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
oggbashan
Ancient writer

The basic rules are:

No sex before age 18. This is essential. No flashbacks, nothing except perhaps a bare undetailed statement e.g. 'x had lost her virginity years ago'.
No bestiality (unless the beasts are mythical)
No snuff - killing people for sexual gratification

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #3
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatricetheclever View Post
Hi everyone! So as you can probably tell I am new here and I am also writing erotica for the first time. I write many other things (literary fiction, poetry, mysteries, paranormal, creative nonfiction, etc.) so I know every form has its rules. What are the rules here? What should be apart of every good story of this kind?

Thank you!
I imagine that you've seen the story site. so you should know that your story will go into one of several categories. Each category has it's own requirements. There is an informative article out there on the needs in each category. It's in the HowTo section, I think. Maybe someone can provide a link.

Edit: Here's a link to a description of each category and their needs. This may not be the only one.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My Valentines Day contest entry was Her Bodyguard (and his Dirty Valentine). It's a little brother/sister love story.
My most recent story is The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village, a story inspired by the legendary character of Yellow Woman.
I was seduced by two dead flappers, so next up is a ghost story named "Love is Enough."

Last edited by NotWise : 11-03-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:08 PM   #4
glynndah
good little witch.

A welcome for the little newbie from the good little witch.
"My! People come and go so quickly here!"
“Technically, a witch is always a lady, except when circumstances dictate otherwise.”

"A from a good witch brings a week of good luck!"

The good little witch writes naughty things.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
EquinoxRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatricetheclever View Post
What should be apart of every good story of this kind?

Thank you!
*a part

Old 11-03-2017, 11:17 PM   #6
beatricetheclever
Virgin

Thank you! Fixed.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:57 PM   #7
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
The basic rules are:

No sex before age 18. This is essential. No flashbacks, nothing except perhaps a bare undetailed statement e.g. 'x had lost her virginity years ago'.
No bestiality (unless the beasts are mythical)
No snuff - killing people for sexual gratification
Also, Laurel (site owner and sole story approver) doesn't much like traumatic mayhem.

The CELEBRITY category has rules about who can be depicted fucking but I'm not familiar since I won't write there.

The NO-UNDER-18 rule is the most questioned.

Nobody appearing to be a human under 18 can be in a sexual situation in a LIT story. A 5000-year-old alien looking like a 14-year-old human? No go. Fantasy werewolves, sure. A were-critter transformed into what looks like a 14-year-old human? No go.

But that's about appearance. Some stories approved here take an approach like Tom Hanks' BIG, with a young mind awakening in a mature body, by magic or aroused from coma or whatever. I'm uncomfortable exploiting that loophole.

Underage sex can be reported ("She was a mother at 15") but not described ("His 14-year-old 14-inch horsecock painfully insinuated into her younger depths and beyond"). "Sexual situation" includes thinking about sex, either by the underage subject, or by someone fantasizing about jailbait ("I imagined her just-starting pubic hair").

My advice: Read all the stickys atop the Author's Hangout forum. You'll find most answers there.