How do you submit chapters?

AmethystMelange

Experienced
Just submitted my first story to the site. :) I'm a bit confused as to how you submit chapters, though? There doesn't seem to be any such option in the 'submit story' page. Do people just manually title their stories "Pt. 01" etc with no site support? But that doesn't explain how all the chapters are neatly organized under headings in their profiles.

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum!

Just submitted my first story to the site. :) I'm a bit confused as to how you submit chapters, though? There doesn't seem to be any such option in the 'submit story' page. Do people just manually title their stories "Pt. 01" etc with no site support? But that doesn't explain how all the chapters are neatly organized under headings in their profiles.

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum!

If you submit your story in this form: "My Story Ch. 01", then submit the second story "My Story Ch. 02" the site automatically will set up a series heading and your chapters will be listed sequentially under that heading.

The key is to make sure that everything to the left of "Ch. 0x" is the same, to make sure that the list on your submissions page is ordered correctly.

Thanks! Do I have to wait for Ch. 01 to be accepted by the mods before submitting Ch. 02 etc?

No, you don't. And mods have nothing to do with stories being approved or denied. It is up to the owner, Laurel.

Back