Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #101
YoBiteMe
Virgin

If you don't have writing software, try Dabble. It's free during NaNoWriMo and has an integration feature where it auto updates your word count every day.

dabblewriter.com

Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 PM   #102
litfan10
owner of slave_

Taking a nap before hitting the keyboard again.

I'm doing cycle writing and noticed my narrative focus is all over the place between my two main characters.
Sigh
Lots of editing come December....

Word count: 3,910

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Last edited by litfan10 : 11-02-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #103
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoBiteMe View Post
If you don't have writing software, try Dabble. It's free during NaNoWriMo and has an integration feature where it auto updates your word count every day.

dabblewriter.com
very cool

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #104
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

2200 words today. Go NaNo!
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-01-2017, 09:46 PM   #105
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
2200 words today. Go NaNo!
woo hoo! Well done!

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 AM   #106
litfan10
owner of slave_

For this NaNoWriMo I'm going with a full length piece that I hope will be picked up by a particular publisher. I'm exploring a couple different kinks for me topically.

Ending day one a little shy of my own goal but still happy with the progress. Looking ahead I would love to go to bed Sunday night with 25,000 words under my belt.

Word Count: 4,220

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #107
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
For this NaNoWriMo I'm going with a full length piece that I hope will be picked up by a particular publisher. I'm exploring a couple different kinks for me topically.

Ending day one a little shy of my own goal but still happy with the progress. Looking ahead I would love to go to bed Sunday night with 25,000 words under my belt.

My goal for this NaNo is to write. Whatever my word count is at the end will be more than I've managed in the past 6-8 months. And since I can't sleep, I'm going to see if I can add to what I have so far.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #108
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynn_ View Post
My goal for this NaNo is to write. Whatever my word count is at the end will be more than I've managed in the past 6-8 months. And since I can't sleep, I'm going to see if I can add to what I have so far.
Happy writing and eventually happy sleep as well!

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-02-2017, 03:48 AM   #109
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:

Awesome!

I'm finishing up a book I started a couple years ago then I'll work on finishing one I started last year. I too am working on sending things out to publishers.
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-02-2017, 06:37 AM   #110
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Awesome!

I'm finishing up a book I started a couple years ago then I'll work on finishing one I started last year. I too am working on sending things out to publishers.
Me too. My target for November is one 8k word short story to the publisher and one 50k-60k word novella which is now outlined. Got to pin the short story plot down tho. My muse is down in Florida on vacation or something on that one. I shall do a Balzac on that one and drink coffee. And start writing on the basis that if the fingers start moving the story will come to them. "Blood Sacrifice" here I come.....
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 11-02-2017, 11:12 AM   #111
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Me too. My target for November is one 8k word short story to the publisher and one 50k-60k word novella which is now outlined. Got to pin the short story plot down tho. My muse is down in Florida on vacation or something on that one. I shall do a Balzac on that one and drink coffee. And start writing on the basis that if the fingers start moving the story will come to them. "Blood Sacrifice" here I come.....
clearly, we'll need a post NaNo thread next month!

Happy writing and publishing Chloe

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #112
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
clearly, we'll need a post NaNo thread next month!

Happy writing and publishing Chloe
Well, I got the outline sorted out for Blood Sacrifice. Balzac was right, coffee works.
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 11-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #113
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Current count: 5157

Current Honey Dew items checked off: Zero!
Now proud **Playgrounder #333*

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Sleep well, but always, always dream better

Old 11-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #114
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
I'm diving into a latte right now for inspiration. I want to finish this book tomorrow so I can move on to the next one.
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #115
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I'm diving into a latte right now for inspiration. I want to finish this book tomorrow so I can move on to the next one.
My muse arrived and got the plot. Short, quick, sex and violence.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #116
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
My muse arrived and got the plot. Short, quick, sex and violence.
Funny, that's about what's going onto my page too.
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #117
oggbashan
Ancient writer

I'm using NaNo to write stories for Literotica.

Day 1 - 2162 on start of new story
Day 2 - 2070 new words on a different part-written story

subtotal - 4232 words.

My Valentine's Day entry:

https://www.literotica.com/s/broke-3

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #118
LiamHDunn
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
November is for writing; December for editing the stinking pile...
And sometimes January... and February... and...

My Stories:
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 1
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 2

Please have a look give them the score you think they merit.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #119
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamHDunn View Post
And sometimes January... and February... and...
...and ten years later.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:48 AM   #120
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Funny, that's about what's going onto my page too.
I'm back to, short is hard. An 8k word short, im 800 words in and only half way thru the introductory dojo scene. Some serious editing is going to happen here I think.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #121
LiamHDunn
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
...and ten years later.
Ain't that dah truth!?

My Stories:
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 1
An Unexpected Christmas: Episode 2

Please have a look give them the score you think they merit.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #122
litfan10
owner of slave_

Word count: 5,742.

I really need to take the month of November off from work.

Yeah, I'm sure the college will go with that......

product of my mucky mind

Old 11-03-2017, 07:54 PM   #123
oggbashan
Ancient writer

As expected, today was a writing washout. I managed a couple of hundred words in between other activities.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 11-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #124
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Ended the day at 7663 words and finished a novel I've been allowing to languish for a couple years.
Playgrounder #426

Old 11-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #125
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Ended the day at 7663 words and finished a novel I've been allowing to languish for a couple years.
Wow. Well done. I managed a few hundred words and a lot of outlining.