Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 10-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #26
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
I'm on the verge of commitment. Four novellas and a short story. Plus a commission for a novel. I think I need to sign up for a bit more than 50k words.
50,000 is only the minimum. My first win I hit 50k with still four chapters left to go in the book. It ended up at 80k.

Good luck. Remember no harm no foul if you can't do it. And trust me, life can get in the way so very easily.

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #27
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
This year I'm writing several connected short stories. It's something I've always thought of doing.

Same characters in the majority of thrm.
very cool! You planning to release them here or publish them?

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #28
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litfan10 View Post
very cool! You planning to release them here or publish them?
After I clean them up, I'll see which ones I'll submit to magazines. The rest here.
Now proud **Playgrounder #333*

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Sleep well, but always, always dream better

Old 10-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #29
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Remember that the NaNoWriMo challenge is really about yourself.

It doesn't matter WHAT you write. It doesn't matter HOW you write. It doesn't matter WHEN you write.

The only person who really knows that you won by writing 50,000 words is YOU.

If you can aim to write at least 2,000 words a day you'll have some slack for unexpected interruptions.

Nude Day 2018 Story:

https://www.literotica.com/s/naked-corpse

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 AM   #30
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggbashan View Post
Remember that the NaNoWriMo challenge is really about yourself.

It doesn't matter WHAT you write. It doesn't matter HOW you write. It doesn't matter WHEN you write.

The only person who really knows that you won by writing 50,000 words is YOU.

If you can aim to write at least 2,000 words a day you'll have some slack for unexpected interruptions.
Statistically speaking you have to write 1,667 words a day to win. To some, that is very daunting, but remember not all days are created equal. On a good weekend I can bang out 10,000 words each day. Maybe for some Thanksgiving is a chance to get ahead.

As Ogg rightfully said, aim high early to give yourself some slack. Have momentum work for you, not against you.

Remember, it's "Wri" in the name not "Edi" or "Prf." You just write. No editing or proofing. That comes later.

Think of it like a model. You are getting all the clay on the table generally shaped now. You can add the details and fine tune next month. Even squish it down and start again.

One of the years I failed, I did get around 36,000 words out. You know what? I eventually sold those, so not a failure at all.

Happy writing; that's why we do this.

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #31
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Statistically speaking you have to write 1,667 words a day to win. To some, that is very daunting, but remember not all days are created equal. On a good weekend I can bang out 10,000 words each day. Maybe for some Thanksgiving is a chance to get ahead.

As Ogg rightfully said, aim high early to give yourself some slack. Have momentum work for you, not against you.

Remember, it's "Wri" in the name not "Edi" or "Prf." You just write. No editing or proofing. That comes later.

Think of it like a model. You are getting all the clay on the table generally shaped now. You can add the details and fine tune next month. Even squish it down and start again.

One of the years I failed, I did get around 36,000 words out. You know what? I eventually sold those, so not a failure at all.

Happy writing; that's why we do this.
That doesn't work for everyone. I can't close a document full of errors knowing they'll stay there until the next month. In fact, I can't move on to another paragraph (or sentence) until I'm satisfied with the one I just finished.

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud
Maya Angelou

Old 10-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #32
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynn_ View Post
That doesn't work for everyone. I can't close a document full of errors knowing they'll stay there until the next month. In fact, I can't move on to another paragraph (or sentence) until I'm satisfied with the one I just finished.
true enough.

I used to demand "perfect" copy instantly. I broke that habit out of need when I was dealing with many publishers simultaneously. I was going too slow.

Writers are creatures of habit and what works for some doesn't work for others. I know writers who still handwrite their first drafts.

To me, whatever works to get the job done is the way to go.

Thanks for keeping me honest _Lynn_

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #33
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
true enough.

I used to demand "perfect" copy instantly. I broke that habit out of need when I was dealing with many publishers simultaneously. I was going too slow.

Writers are creatures of habit and what works for some doesn't work for others. I know writers who still handwrite their first drafts.

To me, whatever works to get the job done is the way to go.

Thanks for keeping me honest _Lynn_
I've tried to break the perfect copy thing but then my OCD has a fit. I went with the quietest option.

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Maya Angelou

Old 10-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #34
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I've tried to break the perfect copy thing but then my OCD has a fit. I went with the quietest option.
heh...as someone who plays loud, heavy beat music when I write, there is no quiet....

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #35
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
heh...as someone who plays loud, heavy beat music when I write, there is no quiet....
I play disco and other 1970s and early 1980s songs when I write, a throwback to when I would study in high school and college. It helps, well, at least me.

Fingers crossed. Work has told me that there shouldn't be anything happen like had in the previous two years: Last minute changes to reporting procedures, training of new programmers, and new assurers meddling in what we need to report to the state insurance agency.

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Old 10-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I live in an apartment so the music can't be as loud as I prefer.

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Maya Angelou

Old 10-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #37
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
Headphones were the greatest thing to ever come into my life!
I put them on, turn up the music and ignore the real world!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #38
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I own my house and my office is fairly in the middle of it, so I'm safe.
Sometimes I will hear slave_ yell "what the he'll are you listening to?"

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #39
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I play disco and other 1970s and early 1980s songs when I write, a throwback to when I would study in high school and college. It helps, well, at least me.

Fingers crossed. Work has told me that there shouldn't be anything happen like had in the previous two years: Last minute changes to reporting procedures, training of new programmers, and new assurers meddling in what we need to report to the state insurance agency.
disco has a great beat for writing. I often play Earth Wind and Fire or Donna Summers when I write if not in a prog mood

I'll keep fingers crossed for you as well

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #40
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
disco has a great beat for writing. I often play Earth Wind and Fire or Donna Summers when I write if not in a prog mood

I'll keep fingers crossed for you as well
Thank you

ELO and Kansas were the best music when I needed to comprehend the book or story I was reading for English.

Earth Wind and Fire, the Brothers Johnson, Kool and the Gang, and other big time groups helped me get through Calc I-III and Differential Equations.

Currently, most sounds of the '70s helps me when I'm nerding, errr, working in my IT office.

I'm torn on whether or not to write erotica.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #41
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Thank you

ELO and Kansas were the best music when I needed to comprehend the book or story I was reading for English.

Earth Wind and Fire, the Brothers Johnson, Kool and the Gang, and other big time groups helped me get through Calc I-III and Differential Equations.

Currently, most sounds of the '70s helps me when I'm nerding, errr, working in my IT office.

I'm torn on whether or not to write erotica.
ELO, Kansas and Styx definitely. I think it is cool that all three put out great new albums this year

Also loved the Brothers Johnson and Kool and the Gang. Also loved Prince in all his various reincarnations.

I also found Heart and Led Zep had a great beat

product of my mucky mind

Last edited by litfan10 : 10-18-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #42
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

I think jazz and or blues on Pandora will provide my soundtrack this year.
Playgrounder #426

Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #43
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
I think jazz and or blues on Pandora will provide my soundtrack this year.
Smooth jazz is great.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #44
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
ELO, Kansas and Styx definitely. I think it is cool that all three put out great new albums this year

Also loved the Brothers Johnson and Look and the Gang. Also loved Prince in all his various reincarnations.

I also found Heart and Led Zep had a great beat
I never could concentrate when "Kashmir" was on. Never could understand why.

Old 10-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #45
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
I never could concentrate when "Kashmir" was on. Never could understand why.

I'd be afraid I would break my keyboard, pounding to the beat

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #46
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
I'd be afraid I would break my keyboard, pounding to the beat
It is my generation's "Bolero"

Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #47
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
It is my generation's "Bolero"
'Bohemian Rhapsody' for me.

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #48
lillianaZ
Literotica Guru

It's nice to see a Nano support thread here. I've done it every year since, well, almost the beginning. I've failed to make my minimum word count three times, I think. It does make a wonderful exercise simply because you "have" to get a certain amount of writing done on a regular basis to keep up. Although I've never gotten around to doing anything with my writing, the practice has been extremely useful and helped me develop a daily writing routine. I've written primarily romance type stories in the past, but this year I'm thinking I'll tackle something completely different, maybe more literary. We'll see. I still haven't quite made up my mind. But, then again, I have a whole week left to plan...

Old 10-24-2017, 09:41 PM   #49
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillianaZ View Post
It's nice to see a Nano support thread here. I've done it every year since, well, almost the beginning. I've failed to make my minimum word count three times, I think. It does make a wonderful exercise simply because you "have" to get a certain amount of writing done on a regular basis to keep up. Although I've never gotten around to doing anything with my writing, the practice has been extremely useful and helped me develop a daily writing routine. I've written primarily romance type stories in the past, but this year I'm thinking I'll tackle something completely different, maybe more literary. We'll see. I still haven't quite made up my mind. But, then again, I have a whole week left to plan...
Hey lillianaZ welcome to Lit! Congrats on your NaNo wins! Have fun this year as well. Please keep us updated here on your progress. Have you thought about posting any stories here?

product of my mucky mind

Old 10-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #50
lillianaZ
Literotica Guru

I don't do Nano for any other reason than it forces me to make time to write. Every year, by the time November rolls around, I'm totally out of the writing habit. I do Nano and I'm back in the daily routine until around July or so. Someday, I'll be disciplined enough to write every day regardless!

I am a long time Lit lurker so I have thought about posting various stories. (Quite a few times over the years actually, but I haven't written anything I felt was "unique" enough.) I keep writing though. It's possible I'll decide something is good enough, eventually!
lilli

Quote:
Hey lillianaZ welcome to Lit! Congrats on your NaNo wins! Have fun this year as well. Please keep us updated here on your progress. Have you thought about posting any stories here?