Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 09-30-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
barefootcowgirl
Experienced

Question Can you tell when you get a new comment?

I would like to read the comments on my stories, but it is difficult to keep track of how many each story had so I recognize a new one. Any ideas?

https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...hp?uid=3827140

Old 09-30-2017, 01:10 AM   #2
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Each time a comment is made on a story or a story or author is favorited or unfavorited, it's registered on the author's page under Submissions/Recent Activity. It stays recorded there for thirty days.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:50 AM   #3
barefootcowgirl
Experienced

I guess I was hoping for something that would tell you at a glance when your story had new comments. Thanks!

Old 09-30-2017, 02:27 AM   #4
sr71plt
Literotica Guru

Well, yes, all you do is click on what I identified and it tells you at a glance all of the comments you have received in the past 30 days. I really can't understand why anyone would need better service than that. I certainly don't want to receive an e-mail every time anyone does this to any of my stories.

I'd rather they just cleaned up their system of users communicating with the site.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

On the new dashboard there is a chronological record of all comments received against all your stories. I assume it goes back to the beginning of time.

You can also sort your story file by "number of comments received" - which is nice for mindless self-gratification.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Old 09-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #6
barefootcowgirl
Experienced

I did know about that scroll. It has all the "following you" and the "favorited" too, which are flattering to know, but are nothing I am going to follow up on. I certainly don't want an email. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:42 PM   #7
rjordan
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Each time a comment is made on a story or a story or author is favorited or unfavorited, it's registered on the author's page under Submissions/Recent Activity. It stays recorded there for thirty days.
New readers should probably be directed to the NEW features. The new dashboard provides a running history of All Activity, Works (stories) Activity and My Activity. On All activity, you see added comments, added favorites, new stories posted by favorite authors, etc. I don't know how far it goes back, but way more than 30 days.

The new dashboard is a clean, simple, informative and, so far, stable feature.

rj

Old 09-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #8
jehoram
Literotica Guru

About the only thing I can suggest is that you put something at the end of the story to tell the reader to email you directly when they post a comment. They can do this by clicking on the author name at the top of the story page, and choosing "contact" on the menu of the next page. It will be up to them to decide whether it's worth the time to do it, but it can't hurt.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #9
NOIRTRASH
Loves Spam

I cant care less about comments.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:25 PM   #10
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIRTRASH View Post
I cant care less about comments.
You're back! Been missing you. Have a drink..... maybe Vancouver's a bit far, but hey, I liked the Noir at the Bar idea....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 09-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #11
Giron
Experienced

The new Control panel does the trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootcowgirl View Post
I guess I was hoping for something that would tell you at a glance when your story had new comments. Thanks!
The new Control Panel does the trick. https://www.literotica.com/my/#/

Under "Works Activity" it will look like this attched file when someone comments or favorites your stories.

Cant wait for the new Lit to be totally online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lit.jpg (46.2 KB, 0 views)

Old 10-01-2017, 02:51 AM   #12
NOIRTRASH
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
You're back! Been missing you. Have a drink..... maybe Vancouver's a bit far, but hey, I liked the Noir at the Bar idea....

AH sux as a pl;ace for serious writing discputse. It aint gonna happen here. So I spend lotsa time teading to get at what makes writing good and awful. I may write some of it up to post at the HOE TO category.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
SusanJillParker
I'm 100% woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOIRTRASH View Post
AH sux as a pl;ace for serious writing discputse. It aint gonna happen here. So I spend lotsa time teading to get at what makes writing good and awful. I may write some of it up to post at the HOE TO category.
Welcome back, Jim. I see you're walking with a limp.

After reading your post, especially the words sux, pl;ace, discputse, lotsa, and HOE TO, I wonder if you've had a stroke. Are you feeling okay? You're drooling on the left side of your mouth.

Being banned to Literotica's dungeon is not a walk in the park, trust me, I know. Having been banned several times before, I'm a regular. Actually, I like the food. Once you get used to eating them, the roaches, especially the bigger ones, taste a little like chicken. Actually, I've had worse tasting sushi.

Just a thought that I hope doesn't embarrass you, you really should have taken a shower before you started posting. You're a bit ripe.
A three time winner of Literotica's year long, Survivor Contests, the writer with the most stories in the most categories wins. I finished 2nd three times and 3rd twice. I've won twice as much contest money than any other writer on Literotica.
As well as 7 other secret names, I've written under the names of AndTheEnd, BostonFictionWriter, CarBuffStuff, PositiveThinker, SuperHeroRalph and WmForrester. Now I write under my real name, my birth name, SusanJillParker.
I've written more than 2,500 stories and poems and more than 10 million words, all posted on literotica. My story, I love you, Mommy, written under my WmForrester name was the most read story in all of 2010 and is #59 on the all-time most read list with 2 million hits. I deleted 350 stories from my BostonFictionWriter name due to theft and have won three Green E's. Oh, and I'm modest too.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:53 AM   #14
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanJillParker View Post
Just a thought that I hope doesn't embarrass you, you really should have taken a shower before you started posting. You're a bit ripe.
That's what happens when Noir goes to Noir bars with me. He's just lucky I didn't drink to much!

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #15
NOIRTRASH
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanJillParker View Post
Welcome back, Jim. I see you're walking with a limp.

After reading your post, especially the words sux, pl;ace, discputse, lotsa, and HOE TO, I wonder if you've had a stroke. Are you feeling okay? You're drooling on the left side of your mouth.

Being banned to Literotica's dungeon is not a walk in the park, trust me, I know. Having been banned several times before, I'm a regular. Actually, I like the food. Once you get used to eating them, the roaches, especially the bigger ones, taste a little like chicken. Actually, I've had worse tasting sushi.

Freddie you must know something I don't. Prance off por favor.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:51 AM   #16
NOIRTRASH
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
That's what happens when Noir goes to Noir bars with me. He's just lucky I didn't drink to much!
I think my IGGY file needsw a couple of adds.