Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk

Old 09-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
loneranger8921
Experienced

Choking a sub

I am curious about throat play. Does anyone have a good technique to use or try?

Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM   #2
legion1054
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger8921 View Post
I am curious about throat play. Does anyone have a good technique to use or try?
I would suggest studying your anatomy first... but usually the windpipe is a safe bet. As always safety first!

Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
jaF0
Worthless Toad

Make sure you have a lawyer on retainer that's willing to take on a manslaughter charge.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

There's information available online. You'll probably get a few people telling you how dangerous it is. Obviously do your own research, but I myself couldn't find any evidence of anything untoward happening where there were two consenting sober adults.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs

Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Not the windpipe.
Good Lord. Yes. Let's crush her trachea.

Please don't try this at home, kids.
KNOW your stuff first.

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3

Our jagged edges fit each otherís. 💙💛

Old 09-25-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
There's information available online. You'll probably get a few people telling you how dangerous it is. Obviously do your own research, but I myself couldn't find any evidence of anything untoward happening where there were two consenting sober adults.
This.
Who also, ya know, don't try to crush the windpipe.

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3

Old 09-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
Yeah - squeeze, don't push. I did also find some suggestions that actual bruising of the relevant tissue can lead to swelling later on - obviously having a swollen windpipe is less than ideal.
You don't really need to do much to get the desired effect - certainly not as far as you'd go if you actually wanted to kill someone.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #8
Primalex
亀の甲より年の功

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneranger8921 View Post
Yes.

Use a plastic bag instead.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:08 PM   #9
legion1054
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farawyn View Post
Not the windpipe.
Good Lord. Yes. Let's crush her trachea.

Please don't try this at home, kids.
KNOW your stuff first.
What else would you call the throat? I didn't say hit it! Lol. Squeeze with gently increasing pressure. Obviously this is serious edgeplay. Non verbal safe words to be established, knowledge of your partners anatomy, their tollerences etc. in my experiences cutting off the air supply is safer then cutting off the blood supply... but with anything on the internet do research. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...

Old 09-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #10
loneranger8921
Experienced

thank you and I agree

Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #11
John Blackhawk
Literotica Guru

be careful with that sort of sh*t, there are crime thriller movies that start out that way.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #12
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion1054 View Post
What else would you call the throat? I didn't say hit it! Lol. Squeeze with gently increasing pressure. Obviously this is serious edgeplay. Non verbal safe words to be established, knowledge of your partners anatomy, their tollerences etc. in my experiences cutting off the air supply is safer then cutting off the blood supply... but with anything on the internet do research. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...
This is going to sound rude but I cannot find a polite way to say this:

If you don't know the difference between "throat" and "windpipe", you should absolutely NOT be doing breathplay let alone advising others on how to do it. Like you say, it's serious business.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:23 PM   #13
DrDelirium
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion1054 View Post
Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is. Establishing a safe word doesn't make the subject safer in this case, and may make them less safe if the person choking them out is actually relying on it in any way. In general, safe words are more about the sub having a sense of control over events than they are about safety. Safety comes from the person who has actual control knowing their shit, knowing their sub, and paying attention.
In the case of breath play, or choking someone out by compressing the carotid, players should be aware that even if you 'do it right,' the heart may stop, although it's unlikely. Knowing CPR is therefore a good idea. It's also good to be aware that compression of the chest or diaphragm can lead to hypoxia, and a bound subject may not be able to get enough air into the lungs quickly to recover from the effects of asphyxiation even when the main impediment to breathing is removed.
Doing breath play with a plastic bag or similar can lead to loading the blood with carbon monoxide, which can be fatal or cause permanent brain damage. Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

Do your own research, the above is by no means complete.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 PM   #14
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
This is going to sound rude but I cannot find a polite way to say this:

If you don't know the difference between "throat" and "windpipe", you should absolutely NOT be doing breathplay let alone advising others on how to do it. Like you say, it's serious business.

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3

Old 09-26-2017, 03:20 AM   #15
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDelirium View Post
Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is. Establishing a safe word doesn't make the subject safer in this case, and may make them less safe if the person choking them out is actually relying on it in any way. In general, safe words are more about the sub having a sense of control over events than they are about safety. Safety comes from the person who has actual control knowing their shit, knowing their sub, and paying attention.
In the case of breath play, or choking someone out by compressing the carotid, players should be aware that even if you 'do it right,' the heart may stop, although it's unlikely. Knowing CPR is therefore a good idea. It's also good to be aware that compression of the chest or diaphragm can lead to hypoxia, and a bound subject may not be able to get enough air into the lungs quickly to recover from the effects of asphyxiation even when the main impediment to breathing is removed.
Doing breath play with a plastic bag or similar can lead to loading the blood with carbon monoxide, which can be fatal or cause permanent brain damage. Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

Is that true, the (nearly) passing out thing? It's definitely not my aim ...

Old 09-27-2017, 04:15 AM   #16
SamLaraCroft
Experienced

I have experienced one form of choking, the inserting form, I have coughed and choked and gagged on cock until my eyes watered. My head being pushed and controlled. But I would never try asphyxiation type choking xx

Old 09-27-2017, 03:58 PM   #17
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamLaraCroft View Post
I have experienced one form of choking, the inserting form, I have coughed and choked and gagged on cock until my eyes watered. My head being pushed and controlled. But I would never try asphyxiation type choking xx
That's a horse of a different color.
I like the gag, but I have to work on it. However, that's a gag. I never feel I'm gonna pass out from not breathing from sucking cock. I feel I'm going to throw up from a big cock down my throat.
Not sexy.
I'm, ummm, practicing.

If you are with someone who knows what he or she is doing, choke Fucking (carotid press) is amazing. 😍

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3

Old 09-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #18
Cakecups
Really Experienced

I'm having flashbacks to fourth grade when a group of us would choke each other on the playground until we passed out for fun... (via carotid pressure) I distinctly remember the look of horror on the recess monitors face when she realized what we were doing.

Old 09-27-2017, 11:18 PM   #19
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakecups View Post
I'm having flashbacks to fourth grade when a group of us would choke each other on the playground until we passed out for fun... (via carotid pressure) I distinctly remember the look of horror on the recess monitors face when she realized what we were doing.
...and it felt soooooo good.

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3

Old 09-29-2017, 04:47 AM   #20
SamLaraCroft
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakecups View Post
This sounds so risky, I bet someone has died mucking about like this, but I guess that's why people do it for the risk factor xx

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #21
Mustang Sally
Literotica Guru

Holy shit, I admit that fourth-grade choking shocks me a bit. I have a third grader and i can't even imagine... Of course my kid is highly risk-averse, which is often frustrating but has its benefits!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #22
Gotham_Central
Just A Little Bit Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDelirium View Post
Um... since it is often the aim of breath play to have the subject pass out or nearly pass out, what exactly is the role of a 'safe word,' verbal or otherwise, here? I think this points up how misleading the term 'safe word' is...
...Since CO binds to hemoglobin and prevents oxygen transfer for an extended period, a subject may continue to suffer significant damage even after they are allowed to breathe freely again. Treatment is generally done with 100% oxygen.

This! So much this!

There was an early response that seemed -as in the way I read it, the message appeared as if- to down play the risk of this activity. Like auto-erotic asphyxiation, breath play can go oblong really fast! Don't kid yourself, this is a risk activity. There is a reason police departments have banned sleeper holds, sometimes, the nap can be a long one.

But, if you want to engage in breath play, take the extra steps to be safe! Learn the anatomy, as was suggested. Know your partner and their limits. No the symptoms of failure and watch for the early signs.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #23
Xlordzx
Virgin

Press, don't squeeze

Press with both hands apply pressure but don't grip the throat. This avoids those tell tale finger marks that get the family aski g questions. In terms of safety know your partner. Have them hold a ball and if it drops, you let go.
Pay attention, my sub can turn blue before passing out
I don't recommend using a belt it's scary as fuck when they pass out and you can't get to the buckle.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #24
quickfoot
Really Experienced

My last two partners have really enjoyed having hands around their neck, you have to be very careful. You want to avoid the wind pipe, if you crush the throat they can't breathe and unless you can do a trach they are going to die.

It's pressure on either side of the throat which restricts blood flow to the brain and causes a pleasant sensation. You need to understand how circulation works, as well as biology of cellular respiration.

The primary reason we need oxygen is for cellular energy production, there are two primary methods of cellular energy production anaerobic and aerobic. Anaerobic is very fast but incredibly inefficient and not capable of sustaining life for an animal our size for more than about 11 seconds, aerobic is 20-30 times more efficient than anaerobic energy production and what actually keeps us alive.

When cells aren't able to get oxygen they can't produce enough energy to operate which causes cellular death which is what causes damage. So ultimately it isn't the lack of oxygen that kills us, it is the lack of cellular energy as a result of no oxygen. This means that you don't just wrap your hands around their throat and squeeze for 5 minutes, I so multiple 15-20 seconds tops sessions followed by recovery period and then you can do it again. You don't want to cause brain damage, just the sensation they are close to passing out.

Last edited by quickfoot : 11-06-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:55 PM   #25
Farawyn
Shieldmaiden Wannabe

You donít need to understand it at the cellular level, FFS.
No need for confusion.
Yes, it is a lack of oxygen to the brain, as a simple explanation.
And yes, stay away from the windpipe.

The rest of your post I can get behind, including method and time.

White shoes and bananas
Thanks, cookiecat

Oral Servitude 3