Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 AM   #26
Adder4321
Literotica Guru
 
Adder4321 is online now
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Australia, 13km south of the middle of nowhere
Posts: 616
This thread reminds me of the "Everyone's A Little Bit Racist" song by Avenue Q.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #27
RetroFan
Really Experienced
 
RetroFan is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 149
Some may object to stereotypes - for example a 'Jewish American Princess' paired with an African American guy who is particularly well endowed, but I wouldn't call it racist.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM   #28
jsmiam
Literotica Guru
 
jsmiam's Avatar
 
jsmiam is offline
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticBlonde2017 View Post
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.
Turn 'em into HR. Oh crap. You're in Ireland. Never mind. They'll fire YOU for having listened! (Just kidding, I have no idea what it's like in Ireland as it pertains to workplace rules. I was just being racist. (kidding) Here in the US, the more religious the establishment (cough cough Baylor University) the more likely it would be the woman to be punished for things like being harassed or reporting a sexual assault.

Here in America, a person talking out loud to a group about porn at work would be out the door in record time. ;-)
__________________
My stories on lit -- Personal blog and other stories - https://j2two.wordpress.com -- Accepting pics for my signature so i can say in a squeaky voice, "I'm squeezing your boooob, I'm squeezing your boooob!" (or booty) - L-R, Tiamo15, LauraWilling (recognition by their permission)
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #29
latecomer91364
Literotica Guru
 
latecomer91364's Avatar
 
latecomer91364 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On the bottom, silly!
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaF0 View Post
That's where I was going to go. There seems to be a belief that black women aren't pretty enough for modeling and adult films. How many black models or adult film stars are there? Can most people name one or two, or more?

I started a thread here for women of color. It went no where.
There are a good number of popular black porn actresses. These are the ones I'm familiar with. Most likely I've been very racist here, forcing these women's videos to give me boners on numerous occasions - sheer exploitation of minorities on my part (I apologize, but I won't stop).

Currently active (as far as I know):
Ana Foxxx
Misty Stone
(My two favorites) together in this heart-stoppingly hot video:
http://www.txxx.com/videos/1409153/a...o/?promo=11914

I would have stopped with these two, because unlike most porn stars, I remember their names, but I figured I'd add some more that I know:
Keisha Kane
Jada Fire
Bambi Bliss (Jenna Brooks)
Nyomi Banxxx

Back in the older days
Jeannie Pepper
Heather Hunter
Angel Kelly
Ebony Ayes
Desiree West
Janet Jacme

Many more whose faces I can bring to mind, but cannot name.
And these are just the actual females. Don't even get me started on the Trannies!

According to U.S. Census figures (you can make of their reliability what you will), as of 2016, 13.3% of the U.S. population is black. I'll leave it to others to make the case as to whether or not they are adequately represented in entertainment of any kind.

Last edited by latecomer91364 : 09-14-2017 at 01:19 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #30
NOIRTRASH
Loves Spam
 
NOIRTRASH is offline
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 10,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Well, given that's mostly 100% what I write I'd disagree that it's racist. Racism quite literally is prejudice, discrimination antagonism to someone of a different race based on the belief that ones own race is superior. Interracial porn plays on tHe eroticism involved in sex between people of different racial backgrounds. It can be racist if that's how the writer wants to write it, but so can anything.

Criticism of IR porn or erotica is part of a trend that criticizes interracial relationships of any sort between non white females and white males. Ive been on a couple of websites lately where there's been a real hate on for Asian girls dating white guys and it's just nasty. As far as discussions go, you're better of just staying away from it if it comes up in a work environment.
Wrong.

Racism is simply disqualification based on race alone.

You and everyone else confuses racism with ETHNOCENTRISM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 01:32 PM   #31
wastelandwriter
Virgin
 
wastelandwriter is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 24
Not inherently, no, but it depends entirely on presentation and the context created around it. If it's two (or more) people getting it on because they're attracted to each other, and/or if they acknowledge race but don't fetishize it, then it's not racist. You can't really "ignore" race, but you can certainly work to avoid stereotypes and portray people as equals.

Where it gets racist is the fetishization and the heavy play toward stereotypes. You also have to be mindful that racism still exists even if you don't want that to be a factor in your story. You can absolutely have an open relationship/swinging/cuckoldry/etc story with an interracial pairing where the characters aren't fixated on race at all, but that context is still there for the audience. The AUDIENCE still exists in a deeply racist culture.

What drives me nuts is the way erotica and porn are categorized to highlight interracial stuff, such that if I want to see a MIX of characters or actors -- y'know, reflecting something like real life -- I'm more likely to see that if I go looking for it specifically, but then I have to sift through lots of ugly racist trash along the way.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #32
HandsInTheDark
Storyteller
 
HandsInTheDark is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Not relevant
Posts: 1,674
As far as I can tell, anything you state that doesn't solely involve pure mathematical theory can be taken as racist, sexist, cruel to animals, insensitive to someone's religion, or otherwise objectionable. And I'm not sure about the mathematical theory. I'm waiting for the day someone claims the Collatz conjecture disrespects large integers by claiming they all behave the same.

Culture wars are interesting and here in the US I see a lot of sin and grievance on both sides of the liberal/conservative divide. Best thing to do is ignore it. It's not like most people have sat down and deconstructed their own beliefs; most everything you hear is half-baked. And more recently, raw.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #33
CyranoJ
Ustuzou
 
CyranoJ's Avatar
 
CyranoJ is offline
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The place is Sumeria, in a Boeing 787. AD.
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticBlonde2017 View Post
There was a discussion at work today that i heard when someone said that all interracial porn was racist. Everyone just agreed with him and no one contested it, i would have done but i didn't understand what he was getting at. I enjoy interracial porn (WW/ BM) and millions of other people do all over the world and i just wondered if people felt the same here too and could explain why as i don't see what's racist about it. I think it can be quite the opposite and really beautiful.
Something is "interracial" porn or erotica if it makes a point of race being a thing and derives erotic mileage from "miscegenation" being taboo. To the extent that anything works from that premise it's probably implicated in racism to some degree, although there are vastly different approaches possible to the material and some are far worse than others. I play with "interracial" tropes in my writing quite often but I know that it's a guilty pleasure and I try to at least poke some fun at the usual tropes.

Erotic scenes that just happen to feature people with different skin tones are not "interracial" in this sense -- I mean, of course readers and viewers can still project "interracial" kink onto such a scene if they want to, but if the scene itself isn't employing any of the tropes and sense of taboo of "interracial" -- and aren't a guilty pleasure in the same way.

I do find it fascinating that with as normal as "mixed" relationships and marriages are in North America, we're still swimming in IR porn but mainstream movies and television are still mostly chickenshit about showing normal mixed relationships.
__________________
The stories so far. Find me on Twitter here, or check out publications here.

"Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

- Frank

"These crab cakes are good as a mug. I fucks with these crab cakes."

- "Ann Coulter", The Boondocks

"Our Spider-Minx enjoys toying with him. You can almost picture the knowing smirk beneath that mask."

- Peter K. Rosenthal
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #34
KindofHere
Literotica Guru
 
KindofHere is offline
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Wherever Mistakes Are Made
Posts: 510
............

Last edited by KindofHere : 01-14-2018 at 06:02 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #35
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru
 
ChloeTzang's Avatar
 
ChloeTzang is offline
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nope, ain't telling..., USA
Posts: 3,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
Could it be that the guy who said that is just an unpleasant man and no one wanted to debate with him at work because it would have ruined their day so they agreed with him to keep him from continuing to talk?
These days if a topic like that comes up at work you just want to turn around and walk right away from it. One, talking porn at work is not something you want to and two, with anything to do with racism you're better of not saying a word. Let someone else get hauled of to HR. It's not worth getting into.

Here I think we're all pretty open about it because of what we write. Elsewhere? Talk about it and you're setting yourself up.
__________________
Chloe Tzang
Coming soon for the 2018 Literotica Valentine's Day competition,
- "Screw Your Roses, Asshole" (a girl, a band and a boyfriend ... what can possibly be screwed), and ...
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #36
HandsInTheDark
Storyteller
 
HandsInTheDark is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Not relevant
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
These days if a topic like that comes up at work you just want to turn around and walk right away from it. One, talking porn at work is not something you want to and two, with anything to do with racism you're better of not saying a word. Let someone else get hauled of to HR. It's not worth getting into.
This. As someone who once had a discussion with HR over something much, much more tame than racism or sexuality, I can attest to the fact that there is always someone in a large organization who has an extreme sensitivity to something, and they believe the world has to cater to their issue rather than the reverse.

Sometimes I'm sympathetic. The guy who hung a noose up near his cube after the company switched to a plan with lousy mental health benefits, couldn't have known the woman down the hall had a father who'd hung herself the month before; her needs rightly came before his and no one blamed her for her reaction. But I know a guy who got in trouble for using the term "pedagogue" in a memo. (NEVER use unusual words at work. Write for the 3rd graders some of your coworkers secretly are.)

I mean you might get lucky. I saw a memo in which one coworker referred to another's electrical engineering analysis as having "marked scatological significance." He got away with it. But he was near retirement.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 08:29 AM   #37
MayorReynolds
Really Really Experienced
 
MayorReynolds is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South USA
Posts: 371
[Types a response. Deletes it. Types another response, deletes it, says "fuck this," closes the window. Sits in chair. Tries not to think about it. Gets up. Slowly walks back to the computer...]

First of all, I feel like that word 'racist' has been thrown around a lot, to the point where its meaning has been filed down, lost somewhere in a vacuum—same with the word 'misogynist,' 'sexist,' 'Nazi.' These days I am very careful when I use any of those terms because of how quickly and impulsively they are used to categorize disagreed upon opinions, behaviors, thoughts.

HOWEVER. The fact that porn has an "interracial" category to begin with implies an inherent taboo, especially when I see DVD titles like Daddy Doesn't Know I Like Giant Black Cocks!!! or Tiny White Chicks, Monster Black Dicks. I'll pull up the clip of the white wife at the "BLACK! Gangbang Breeding party," her orifices and hands stuffed at all ends. The appeal isn't that she's swinging, cuckolding or being whored out, it's that the guys piled on her are all black, and she's white, and this is an endurance test or the cosmic height of ultimate sluttiness.

Now, is that racist? Fuck if I know anymore. But there's definitely a forbidden, naughty connotation attached to it.
__________________
"I personally appreciate an attempt at telling a story. When I care more about the characters, I care more about the fuckin'." - C.W., From Dusk Tilll Dawn 2
~~
Everything:

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

Last edited by MayorReynolds : 09-15-2017 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Came to delete an adverb, stayed to fix a bunch of other shit.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #38
PlasticBlonde2017
Virgin
 
PlasticBlonde2017 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Limerick, Ireland
Posts: 18
Hi, i have been really pleased everyone has taken the time to reply to my thread. I read everything that people wrote, and it does shed a little light on it. It's made me try questioning why i like WW/BM interracial pornography and not other races, though i haven't come up with any conclusions just yet. It's clearly a complicated issue and it is interesting to hear other peoples views.One person said enthnocentirism or something like that and i have no idea what that means!
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 PM   #39
TxRad
Dirty Old Man
 
TxRad's Avatar
 
TxRad is offline
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticBlonde2017 View Post
One person said enthnocentirism or something like that and i have no idea what that means!
He doesn't either. He used to play a physiologist clerk in his trailer park court and now he is an "expert" on everything. He's also the AH's pet troll. Just don't pet him if you like your hand.
__________________
Why yes, I am a dirty old man. Thanks for asking.

All Stories By TxRad
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #40
Cockhole
Virgin
 
Cockhole is offline
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: USA
Posts: 16
Yes, interracial porn is racist.

What makes IR porn intriguing is the fact that it specifically addresses the physical and cultural differences between the races described. Most of these descriptions, but not all, rely on a the taboo nature of interracial relationships. It can be argued that we are all racist to some degree and in some areas of our life. We all have preferences and biases and some of the time these take a sexual form and involve races other than our own. You could also argue that if you sexually prefer a race other than your own that this is at least a form of racism. I have written quite a few interracial stories here on LIT, and mine are based on the taboo that is prevalent in most of the West; that it is not proper for black men and white women to have sexual relations. I don't agree with the taboo, but it is still there, and I exploit this in my stories. Perhaps in a few generations, the category will be far less popular than it is today, but I doubt it. Blacks continue to socialize and marry their own, as do whites. As this continues to be the case, crossing over to the "other side," no matter if it's BM/WM/BF/WF, will always be an exciting taboo subject.

Last edited by Cockhole : 09-16-2017 at 08:34 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #41
Comentarista82
Literotica Guru
 
Comentarista82 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Umm, racism is interracial.
Not according to the dictionary here. Check it.

I suppose you might have a different idea in mind, that one race directs a superior attitude towards another, but since the subject is interracial porn (two races having sex), it's not racist, as a racist would never think of joining someone of a different race with such an attitude and would condemn anyone engaging in such an interracial relationship.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #42
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comentarista82 View Post
Not according to the dictionary here. Check it.
http://www.robot-hugs.com/definition/ is worth a look.

Quote:
I suppose you might have a different idea in mind, that one race directs a superior attitude towards another, but since the subject is interracial porn (two races having sex), it's not racist, as a racist would never think of joining someone of a different race with such an attitude and would condemn anyone engaging in such an interracial relationship.
Uh... no. That doesn't fly. There were and are plenty of racists who have sex with people of other races. Strom Thurmond, thousands of white guys who fucked their white slaves, et cetera et cetera ad infinitum. Adolf fucking Hitler had a massive crush on a woman who he believed to be Jewish and I think it's still possible that Hitler might have been at least a tiny bit racist?

Sometimes that happens despite their racism, because people are complicated and self-contradictory.

Sometimes it's even because of their racism. Some guys seek out Asian women because they stereotype them as submissive and obedient. Some people who get off on taboo sex seek out IR porn because they consider IR sex forbidden. Some who get off on brutality seek out black-on-white IR porn because they stereotype black guys as brutal. And so on.

Last edited by Bramblethorn : 09-17-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: missed a bit
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #43
NotWise
Snipe hunter
 
NotWise's Avatar
 
NotWise is online now
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: On the high desert
Posts: 3,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comentarista82 View Post
Not according to the dictionary here. Check it.
European men invaded Africa, fucked everything in sight, and sold them all into slavery. Umm, what in that tells you that interactions preclude racism?
__________________
My stories

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 11:56 PM   #44
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comentarista82 View Post
Not according to the dictionary here. Check it.

I suppose you might have a different idea in mind, that one race directs a superior attitude towards another, but since the subject is interracial porn (two races having sex), it's not racist, as a racist would never think of joining someone of a different race with such an attitude and would condemn anyone engaging in such an interracial relationship.
I took him to mean that racism wasn't color specific--that anyone of any color can be a racist. I think that's true (even if that's not what he meant).
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 11:57 PM   #45
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
European men invaded Africa, fucked everything in sight, and sold them all into slavery. Umm, what in that tells you that interactions preclude racism?
A bit of a point of order. A good many Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans--still are, in fact.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 12:14 AM   #46
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist
 
KimGordon67's Avatar
 
KimGordon67 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: A little island in a big ocean
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
A bit of a point of order. A good many Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans--still are, in fact.
How is that even vaguely relevant to the point NW was making?
__________________
They went down to the river on a warm summer night.
The air was thick with the smell of
temptation.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #47
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist
 
KimGordon67's Avatar
 
KimGordon67 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: A little island in a big ocean
Posts: 3,523
I think part of the issue here is that two different things are being discussed - actual porn as most of it currently is; and the hypothesis that porn could be interracial without being racist.
The second point is certainly true. When I have sex with my husband or my boyfriend, it's not racist; someone could film that and call it porn (although I can't for the life of me imagine that anyone would want to watch it), and it still wouldn't be racist.
Most interracial actually existent porn I've seen is racist, because it depends on stereotypes, and often quite harmful stereotypes. If me and my husband made porn videos in which he was a Maharajah and I'd been sold into the white slave trade and was part of his harem, it would be both culturally incorrect and a bit racist.
__________________
They went down to the river on a warm summer night.
The air was thick with the smell of
temptation.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 01:09 AM   #48
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
How is that even vaguely relevant to the point NW was making?
I was responding to this:

"European men invaded Africa, fucked everything in sight, and sold them all into slavery."

I'm sorry if you don't understand sentences that have clauses in them, but you have nasty down pat.

The historical fact is that most Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans, not by Europeans (and Africans are still being sold into slavery by other Africans). The Europeans were buying them (now it's mainly other Africans who buy them). Again, I'm sorry if you don't know history or won't check it out before you get nasty about it. But that's your problem, not mine.
__________________
______________________

Last edited by sr71plt : 09-17-2017 at 01:12 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 01:12 AM   #49
KimGordon67
Rampant feminist
 
KimGordon67's Avatar
 
KimGordon67 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: A little island in a big ocean
Posts: 3,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
I was responding to this:

"European men invaded Africa, fucked everything in sight, and sold them all into slavery."

I'm sorry if you don't understand sentences that have clauses in them, but you have nasty down pat.
OK, I see your point - I thought you were trying to make some statement along the lines of 'black people did it too, so it wasn't racist'. I think the general tone of NW's statement, which was really about having interracial sex not proving that you're not racist, stands.
__________________
They went down to the river on a warm summer night.
The air was thick with the smell of
temptation.

Maybe glance at this before you PM: Writing PMs

Last edited by KimGordon67 : 09-17-2017 at 01:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 01:13 AM   #50
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 51,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGordon67 View Post
My question still stands.
I can explain stuff to you (and did), but I can't make you understand. Buzz off.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.