Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 09-03-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
oggbashan
Ancient writer

The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween Contest Thread 2017

I am starting this thread now so that writers have no excuse for not starting a story in plenty of time. The Summer Lovin' contest is still running but the Halloween contest follows a short time afterwards - a month from this post.

Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 2
closes: October 23
winners announced: October 30

This thread is to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE authors to enter stories in the Halloween Contest. Get your characters trick and treating, dressed in costumes, encountering ghosts and vampires. What could go wrong?

There is an advantage to entering stories in one of Literotica's themed contests, apart from the possibility of winning, and that is that your story gets far more exposure and attention than it would normally do.

Some of that attention might be unwelcome, some abusive, but some could be appreciative and helpful.

My Halloween Contest entries:

https://www.literotica.com/s/ghost-heels
https://www.literotica.com/s/laying-the-ghosts-of-war

Oggbashan's long list of stories
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #2
oggbashan
Ancient writer

In the Story Ideas forum there is this thread for Halloween ideas:

http://forum.literotica.com/showthre...1#post87950369

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

I have two started but I have several other projects in front of them.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
TamLin01
Really Really Experienced

It's the most wonderful tiiiiime...of the yeaaaar.

I've got two stories but I'm on the fence about one. It might be a better fit for next April Fools Day, and that's a harder contest to write for (for me at least). But I'd hate go in with just entry here. Decisions, decisions...

The Angel: A Christmas Ghost Story: A visit from the ghosts of Christmas past.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
legerdemer
lost at sea

Nooooo!!!!! Are you kidding me? Quit fast-forwarding time, people!! Next thing I know, you'll be hanging Christmas decorations in such all over the place! Stop it stop it stop it!

AH profile

My stuff and nonsense

Old 09-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #6
litfan10
owner of slave_

Quote:
Originally Posted by legerdemer View Post
Nooooo!!!!! Are you kidding me? Quit fast-forwarding time, people!! Next thing I know, you'll be hanging Christmas decorations in such all over the place! Stop it stop it stop it!

Viola, My apologies for stretching the page but this was such a perfect picture for a response to mer.....

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Last edited by litfan10 : 09-03-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:53 PM   #7
litfan10
owner of slave_

I really need to think about this one.

I find it's never easy for me to come up with something for Halloween or April Fool's Day.

Definitely need a month to figure this one out.

Happy writing all.

She was never as simple as she led them to believe; She was the keeper of a secret flame, and she waited patiently for somebody to see it, and love it, as it burned.--Jose Chaves - Seen, Loved, and Cherished

"You sir, have a mucky mind" - Dianthus 7/26/10
"Yes, it's official. You are cute!" - slave_ 09/09/10
"Now, you are a cute smart ass" - slave_ 10/21/10
"You are so full of s**t your eyes are brown" (and they really are!) - TxRad 7/24/10

I'm a perverted, smut minded, slave owning, poly-amorous, bisexual Buddhist - been a Hell of a journey getting me here but I love the destination Me

product of my mucky mind

Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #8
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legerdemer View Post
My local grocery store has already loaded their seasonal isle with Halloween goods. There are no commercial holidays between now and then.

The series I'm working on right now is at Halloween, but I don't think I could write a stand-alone Halloween story. I like Dia del los Muertos, but but that story will be part four of "A Valentine's Day Mess."

So no Halloween contest entries from me.

Love is Enough, is a sentimental ghost story about two flappers haunting an old theater, and what an aspiring playwright means to them.
My most recent story is Stinky and Fudd.
For the moment, I'm taking a writing break. I'll write again when it feels good.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:57 PM   #9
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

I'm riding the ragged edge right now, trying to get my summer lovin entry done and submitted (even though it's so late it won't be a serious contender... or probably even get the requisite 25 votes). Once it's done, I'm gonna need to sleep for a week or two.

But, I'll most likely do something for Halloween. (Something much, much, much shorter, please God!) I love the holiday too much to let it slip by without spreading a little wickedness.

Old 09-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #10
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
I'm riding the ragged edge right now, trying to get my summer lovin entry done and submitted (even though it's so late it won't be a serious contender... or probably even get the requisite 25 votes). Once it's done, I'm gonna need to sleep for a week or two.

But, I'll most likely do something for Halloween. (Something much, much, much shorter, please God!) I love the holiday too much to let it slip by without spreading a little wickedness.
Never a truer word (or words) was spoken
- Summer lovin' entry - yep, check, with you there
- Once it's done - yep, check, definitely
- Halloween - oh god, I haven't even thought of Halloween

Still pounding away on my Summer Lovin' entry. My fingers are raw, my eyes red, the coffee's gone and I'm living on leftovers.... I sent my guy shopping today instead of going myself so the next week'll be interesting ....
(It started out as a light-hearted Drop Bear hunt, but reality intervened and that light-hearted hunting trip became something far darker....)

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 PM   #11
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
I sent my guy shopping today instead of going myself so the next week'll be interesting ....
Good luck with that.

Love is Enough, is a sentimental ghost story about two flappers haunting an old theater, and what an aspiring playwright means to them.
My most recent story is Stinky and Fudd.
For the moment, I'm taking a writing break. I'll write again when it feels good.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:30 AM   #12
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Wife: Now that you're done with Summer story, I'd appreciate it if you waited a while to start another one.

Me: Let's see. Halloween is-

Wife: Oh, no you don't!

Old 09-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #13
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Ghostly bump...

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 09-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #14
oggbashan
Ancient writer

I've found it! I started a story in 2015 for that year's contest. I knew it was somewhere in my pile of incomplete stories but I'd forgotten the title and whether it was to be one of Og's or Jeanne's.

It's taken me two days to track it down. Was it worth the effort? Probably not. It needs drastic revision before I can continue with it.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 09-06-2017, 04:54 PM   #15
KindofHere

Last edited by KindofHere : 01-14-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #16
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindofHere View Post
Pile? Like stacks of paper? What? Why not organize your work by folders on your computer or have they upgraded the old typewriters to link to the internet? That's easy for me ask since I'm not the one who'd have to sort them.
I have folders in a sub folder of my documents. Many folders. Folders for possible stories started each year. Folders for each themed contest.

But I try to remove earlier drafts so that I only have the latest version. For possible Halloween stories the folder contains over thirty part completed stories. The one I'd lost hadn't been transferred from 2015 to 2017.

Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:

Old 09-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #17
49greg
Literotica Hack

Since my last minute summer lovin entry got rejected, I started looking at my incomplete Halloween stories. Sadly none are really very good. I want snappy and fun, and all I've got are long winded and sad. I'll have to start from scratch.

Sigh.

I write sooooo darned slowly.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #18
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Damn. I wasn't going to do any stories this year but this is my favorite time of year and I'm not managing to write anything else anyway so . . . hrm . . .
Playgrounder #426

Old 09-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #19
PuckIt
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Damn. I wasn't going to do any stories this year but this is my favorite time of year and I'm not managing to write anything else anyway so . . . hrm . . .
Make it Molly's journal from all the aborted attempts at gaining his attention to finally wearing Dresden down (from her viewpoint) and you've got my vote! (Even if it turns out to be a dream.)

Wife woke up and caught me tinkering with notepad and threw a hissy. *kicks dirt clod* Dunno if I'll have a Hallowienie worth slapping up for Oct2 or not.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:02 PM   #20
Sandman_Nightmares
Virgin

I could never write stories about Summer Lovin” or Valentines Day, I admire the writers than can, and I am amazed at how talented some writers are!

My fingers are crossed that I can complete a Halloween story in time to post….

Old 09-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #21
Voboy
Really Really Experienced

Welcome. Enter, Sandman.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #22
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
Make it Molly's journal from all the aborted attempts at gaining his attention to finally wearing Dresden down (from her viewpoint) and you've got my vote! (Even if it turns out to be a dream.)

Wife woke up and caught me tinkering with notepad and threw a hissy. *kicks dirt clod* Dunno if I'll have a Hallowienie worth slapping up for Oct2 or not.
No no, I'm not messing around with Jim's characters. I do have SOME humility.
Playgrounder #426

Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 PM   #23
Sandman_Nightmares
Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voboy View Post
Welcome. Enter, Sandman.
Thanks Voboy...

Sleep with one eye open ....Gripping your pillow tight

Old 09-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #24
china-doll
Wicked

I never seem to be able to finish these in time. I always start out intending to make a quick wank story, then 18,000 and two months later I missed the deadline.

Maybe I'll start on this tomorrow.

All my other works.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:03 AM   #25
Halin24
Experienced

I very much doubt I will even try to enter this contest. 'Soft' horror suits me but not competitions and not hurried writing either. Haven't seen much of the 'added exposure' effect from contests, though some comments have been good previously.

Good luck to everyone, and stay safe with all the ghosts and monsters entering the scene.

Halin24