Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 06-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
YeuxViolet
Virgin

A few clarifications on Flash Fiction, please?

Or a link to a thread discussing this. I'm not finding the "Search" option to be of any use, but I could be using it wrong.

So, are short stories simply not allowed? If it's over 750 words (say, 1000) and a complete story, will it still qualify as FF and therefore get rejected?

As a reader and writer, I'm not overly interested in long, drawn out stories - I prefer very short condensed stories - think Chicken Soup for the Soul - so if they're not allowed and have to be published as "Chapters" I have some adjustments to make!

Is there a sub for shorter stories?

Ty!

Old 06-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeuxViolet View Post
Or a link to a thread discussing this. I'm not finding the "Search" option to be of any use, but I could be using it wrong.

So, are short stories simply not allowed? If it's over 750 words (say, 1000) and a complete story, will it still qualify as FF and therefore get rejected?

As a reader and writer, I'm not overly interested in long, drawn out stories - I prefer very short condensed stories - think Chicken Soup for the Soul - so if they're not allowed and have to be published as "Chapters" I have some adjustments to make!

Is there a sub for shorter stories?

Ty!
A complete story over 750 should be fine. If you want to post stories under 750 words, do what Oggbashan does and put several of them in a single post.