Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Politics Board

Old 12-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #76
DawnODay
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnODay View Post
To put the above in context, which makes it all the more impressive:
Wisconsin enjoyed increases in private-sector jobs across both months, and set new records for the number of private-sector jobs in the state in September and October.

October brought 9,500 private sector jobs to the state, according to preliminary estimates from the Bureau of Labor Statistics....

Surrounding states didn't fare as well in October. Illinois gained 5,200 private-sector jobs, but Iowa lost 1,100, Michigan lost 500 and Minnesota lost 5,000.
L. Speckhard Pasque, Private-sector jobs in Wisconsin hit record high for second month in a row, October preliminary estimates show, Capital Times (Nov. 24, 2017). This map summarizes that data:

Illinois was the only other of these states to see job growth and, given the states' relative populations, Illinois's 5,200 new jobs pale in comparison with Wisconsin's 9,500 new jobs.

In short, while the economy is improving across the country generally, Wisconsin's approach to creating a good economy, lowering taxes, balancing budgets and making regulation reasonable, is demonstrably superior, thanks to Gov. Walker and the Badger Republicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodeau View Post
So you have to look at the quality of jobs being produced one day, and ignore it the next.
I'm sorry, I'm not following your point.

I could see where looking at quality of jobs would be relevant if both states had increased jobs by a certain number. In this case, however, where Wisconsin gained 9,500 jobs while Minnesota lost 5,000 jobs, I don't see where relative quality of jobs makes much difference. It remains compelling evidence of a growing economy under Wisconsin Republicans and a weakening economy under Minnesota Democrats.

Remember:

Quote:
In just the past year, Wisconsin under Scott Walker has gained 32,089 total jobs, almost all of which (32,037) were in the private-sector, meaning they contribute to the tax base, not draw from revenues. These have included 5,590 jobs in construction and 3,771 in manufacturing. At least as important is that Wisconsin has experienced a 3.9 percent increase in total quarterly private sector wages! This easily outstrips current inflation, meaning real financial gains by Wisconsin workers.

Source: BLS Data: Wisconsin Adds 9,500 Private-Sector Jobs in October: Number of total nonfarm and private-sector jobs reach all-time high in October, as does total labor force, Wis DWD (Nov. 16, 2017).
No matter how you want to spin it, this is another big win for Gov. Walker and Wisconsin Republicans, concurrent with the Minnesota Meltdown.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:52 AM   #77
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm not following your point.

I could see where looking at quality of jobs would be relevant if both states had increased jobs by a certain number. In this case, however, where Wisconsin gained 9,500 jobs while Minnesota lost 5,000 jobs, I don't see where relative quality of jobs makes much difference. It remains compelling evidence of a growing economy under Wisconsin Republicans and a weakening economy under Minnesota Democrats.

Remember:

No matter how you want to spin it, this is another big win for Gov. Walker and Wisconsin Republicans, concurrent with the Minnesota Meltdown.
Something I read on November 9th. Oh look, it was from you.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #78
DawnODay
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Something I read on November 9th. Oh look, it was from you.
Right, I understood that. I still don't think your point has any relevance. It is still the case that Wisconsin under the Republicans is gaining thousands of jobs while Minnesota under the Democrats is losing thousands of jobs and continues to melt down.

Further, as that November 9 post demonstrated:

Quote:
Wisconsin has consistently ranked extremely high in recent years in the creation of better paying, good benefits, manufacturing jobs. Wis. DWD, BLS Data: Wisconsin Ranks 1st in Midwest and 14th in Nation in Manufacturing Growth Rate Year-over-Year (Jan. 24,2017).
The fact that "Wisconsin Ranks 1st in Midwest" means, in terms of job quality, Republican Wisconsin is doing better than Democrat Minnesota by that criterion as well. Thank you for reminding everyone of this.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 AM   #79
DawnODay
Literotica Guru

Another Walker Policy Success!

The Democrats predicted dire consequences when Gov. Walker and the Republicans established work or training requirements for food stamp recipients. In fact, it has been a great benefit to the working poor.
MADISON, Wis. Ė After two and a half years, Wisconsinís FoodShare Employment and Training Program (FSET) continues to prove its effectiveness in shepherding adults off public benefits and into productive careers.

FSET was created in the 2015-17 state budget and requires able-bodied adults who donít have children at home to participate in a jobs training program, work 80 hours a month, or lose their FoodShare benefits after three months. It went into effect in April of 2015.

As of Sept. 2017, 23,093 FSET participants have found gainful employment, according to a November report from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. This year alone, 10,969 people have participated.

In September, FSET participants worked an average of 34.7 hours a week with an average wage of $12.80. Wages and hours peaked in July with workers averaging 35.2 hours a week and an average wage of $13.11.

The number of participants declined over the years, as there are fewer able-bodied childless adults receiving FoodShare benefits. In the first quarter of the program in 2015, 22,501 people were referred to FSET who needed to meet the work requirements. Last quarter, there were only 8,098.

The 2017-19 budget expands the program. Now able-bodied adults with children at home who are age 6 or older have work requirements in order to continue receiving FoodShare benefits.
B. Osmulski, FSET Workers Getting $15.90/Hour In Some Parts of Wisconsin, MacIver Institute (Dec. 5, 2017).

Old 12-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #80
phrodeau
Literotica Guru

Has he brought back many manual milking jobs?

Old 12-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #81
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes

Quote:
Probably not. Even for a small dairy farm, milking machines are much more efficient and are not all that expensive.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #82
DawnODay
Literotica Guru

Quote:
No, those are all in Minnesota.

Wisconsin has consistently ranked extremely high in recent years in the creation of better paying, good benefits, manufacturing jobs. Wis. DWD, BLS Data: Wisconsin Ranks 1st in Midwest and 14th in Nation in Manufacturing Growth Rate Year-over-Year (Jan. 24,2017) ("1st in the Midwest" means this is another example of how Wisconsin Republicans have turned Wisconsin into a booming economy while, since starting out with a superior economy left by their Republican predecessors, Minnesota Democrats -- by their own admission! -- have turned Minnesota into a declining economy).

As I've demonstrated before:

Quote:
In just the past year, Wisconsin under Scott Walker has gained 32,089 total jobs, almost all of which (32,037) were in the private-sector, meaning they contribute to the tax base, not draw from revenues. These have included 5,590 jobs in construction and 3,771 in manufacturing. At least as important is that Wisconsin has experienced a 3.9 percent increase in total quarterly private sector wages! This easily outstrips current inflation, meaning real financial gains by Wisconsin workers.

Source: BLS Data: Wisconsin Adds 9,500 Private-Sector Jobs in October: Number of total nonfarm and private-sector jobs reach all-time high in October, as does total labor force, Wis DWD (Nov. 16, 2017).

Another big win for Gov. Walker and Wisconsin Republicans!