I've noticed a few over the last week who have reported being blackmailed because of photos on Literotica. I'm supposing that these photos have been traced to social media sites such as Facebook. It is easy to do - you just drop a pic in your browser and click 'search for photo'. If the exact photo has been posted anywhere else on the net it will come up.
We don't want these blackmailers to destroy our photo sharing experience, so we need to learn what we can do to protect ourselves when sharing our photos. Here is a short list, but please add info and insights that I haven't and I'll include them in this first post for easy reference for everyone. (Just be aware, I'm not an expert at photo safety on the internet - I'm just a concerned Litster.
So, how do you protect yourself:
1. Never post your face on here or on any other messaging app, especially with your naked body.
2. Never post the same picture everywhere - meaning it is better to have the pic on a hosting site such as imgur and use links than uploading a pic several times as it creates a trail of where you have been on the internet.
3. Don't upload straight from your phone. Pics taken via your phone can carry information such as time, location, etc - though, each phone/app is different. Facebook is really bad at personal privacy. It is good to put your photo through an editor such as Photoshop as it wipes the metadata when you export the picture to a different format.
4. Don't upload photos with any distinguishing backgrounds, surroundings, people, animals, buildings, etc.
5. Have completely separate photo hosting accounts for your private and Literotica pictures. Do not link any social media accounts - Google has a really bad habit of doing this.
Any more you can think of...?
I hope this becomes a sticky post for everyone's benefit!