Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 09-03-2017, 05:35 AM   #1376
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

The question of how waterproof the lawnmower is will have to wait a few more days. There is no standing water so the jet ski is out of the question. The problem is more of the ground being saturated to the point of squishy in places.

Why am I up at this ungodly hour? My left shoulder which has played nice since I finished therapy has suddenly decided it hates me again. It doesn't care if I'm sitting, standing, laying, or hanging from my heels. It doesn't care if I'm still or moving. From the bottom of my shoulder blade to the top of my shoulder and six inches down my arm. It's distracting as hell, not to mention it hurts the same way.

Ok, enough whining and bitching. Fresh coffee is available cause i don't think I will be able to sleep for a while.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 09-03-2017, 06:08 AM   #1377
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Writing is good. Dr. Pepper wasn't as good as I remembered, last time I had it.
Correct. I took a swig just now, like 45 seconds ago, and it's definitely unlike the vintage drink. I think they cut back on prunes.

Quote:
May everything go smoothly.
Indeed.

Meanwhile, we're riding out the record heat. At 2AM, we approach tonight's low of 80f. Back up to over 100f tomorrow here around 4000 ft / 1200 m, yow. We expect our mountain highway to overflow with flatlanders seeking relief from Valley heat, so it's a bad day to drive to Tahoe and eat a great Indian buffet lunch at Nikki's [unpaid plug].

One good thang: Reno and Carson City promote Hot August / Autumn Nights auto show. If we hang by the highway we'll see zillions of cherried-out old rods and roadsters, blindingly buffed, gleamingly chromed, softly tuned, rolling on to home or the next show. They're a wonder.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #1378
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
The question of how waterproof the lawnmower is will have to wait a few more days. There is no standing water so the jet ski is out of the question. The problem is more of the ground being saturated to the point of squishy in places.
Oh yeah, squishy ground! Maybe a hover mower?

Quote:
Why am I up at this ungodly hour? My left shoulder which has played nice since I finished therapy has suddenly decided it hates me again. It doesn't care if I'm sitting, standing, laying, or hanging from my heels. It doesn't care if I'm still or moving. From the bottom of my shoulder blade to the top of my shoulder and six inches down my arm. It's distracting as hell, not to mention it hurts the same way.
Ooowwwww. I feel for you. Sounds like some more therapy needed there. And a good massage from your house guests.

And now, early start. Another 10k day coming up. I hope. Gotta finish. Gotta finish pant pant pant ....
- "Fields of Gold" (a romantic tearjerking tale of a guy, a girl and an AH64 Apache...)

Winner - 2017 Literotica April Fools Competition: "Fingerprints on my Heart"

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology

Old 09-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #1379
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

If you user a 'hover mower', make sure you wear some waterproof footwear.
Wet feet ain't so funny when only half half the grass is cut.

So I have studied the net about using my 500mm lens to photograph the Moon.
Now, you'd think that there's at least a 'core' of common guidance running through, wouldn't you ?
No such luck. About the only consistent bit is the need for a tripod and a long lens, with ISO set to 200 or more (a self-apparent truth, I reckon).
What's made it worse, following a lot of reading, is that the weather man does not think I'll enjoy clear skies until it's too late.

Gloom

Any coffee left please?

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 09-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #1380
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Hover Moore, sounds like some kind of weird stalker character.

The house guests have both massaged me but they get distracted from my shoulder easily. Or is that, I get distracted from my shoulder easily.

Chloe, group sex begs the question of how do you mark your place when you pause.

HP, photographing the moon can be a problem with lots of clouds. Good luck.

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 09-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #1381
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Hover Moore, sounds like some kind of weird stalker character.

The house guests have both massaged me but they get distracted from my shoulder easily. Or is that, I get distracted from my shoulder easily.

Chloe, group sex begs the question of how do you mark your place when you pause.

HP, photographing the moon can be a problem with lots of clouds. Good luck.

Coffee, coffee, and more coffee.
Hover Mower: See here

I think a quiet word to the weather gods might be indicated.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 09-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #1382
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:

Ok, enough whining and bitching. Fresh coffee is available cause i don't think I will be able to sleep for a while.
Ah, I am apparently having empathy pains. I wondered why the hell I woke up with my left shoulder aching. Or . . . . I could just be getting old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Hover Mower: See here

I think a quiet word to the weather gods might be indicated.
I'll give it a try, but no promises.
Playgrounder #426

Old 09-03-2017, 12:13 PM   #1383
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Ah, I am apparently having empathy pains. I wondered why the hell I woke up with my left shoulder aching. Or . . . . I could just be getting old.

I'll give it a try, but no promises.
I apologize if it is empathy pain, I ain't touching the age thing, and the third possibility is to change hands when masturbating more often.

HP, I live near Houston, I have absolutely no pull with the weather gods.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 09-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #1384
NotWise
Snipe hunter

I had a whole series of strange dreams last night, but of course i only remember anything about the last one. Any dream interpreters here?

I and a female friend hiked up the side of a dark red mesa like those near my brother-in-law's ranch. We stopped at the top beside a ledge of sandstone to enjoy the view. We were about to start on across the mesa top when a small white elephant ran up the trail that we were heading for. He was followed by a human adult, a couple small children and a second white elephant ridden by a ~12 year old blond boy with a big smile. The boy stopped his elephant beside us and I started to ask what they were doing.

That's when it was weird enough to wake me up.

No hovering lawnmowers though.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 09-03-2017, 04:19 PM   #1385
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
I had a whole series of strange dreams last night, but of course i only remember anything about the last one. Any dream interpreters here?
All dreams are about fear of sex and death, and processing events and thoughts that impinged on your day. I'd be careful with this one. White is the color of death in Japan so those white elephants are ominous. Sex with elephants is generally frowned upon unless they can talk and fly. I'd say your dream is telling you not to go to the zoo.

Old 09-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #1386
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
I
Now that's what I call "unfortunate". Some assistance in that department would have been useful.
I don't really fancy trying it is the winter-cold weather.

Quote:

If you start dreaming of a hover-mower, I think it might be time for some serious religious observance with your personal deity of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
All dreams are about fear of sex and death, and processing events and thoughts that impinged on your day. I'd be careful with this one. White is the color of death in Japan so those white elephants are ominous. Sex with elephants is generally frowned upon unless they can talk and fly. I'd say your dream is telling you not to go to the zoo.
Sounds about right to me.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 09-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #1387
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:

I and a female friend hiked up the side of a dark red mesa like those near my brother-in-law's ranch. We stopped at the top beside a ledge of sandstone to enjoy the view. We were about to start on across the mesa top when a small white elephant ran up the trail that we were heading for. He was followed by a human adult, a couple small children and a second white elephant ridden by a ~12 year old blond boy with a big smile. The boy stopped his elephant beside us and I started to ask what they were doing.

Red Mesas are places of power. White animals are sacred and usually guides. Since elephants aren't native that might throw a kink in the logic. Interesting dream I must say.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 09-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #1388
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Good evening.

Nothing happening here. That can be good or bad, depending which direction your mind goes.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #1389
HuckPilgrim
Literotica Guru

Quote:

My wife is really good at interpreting dreams, but she always asks for the emotional landscape of the dream. Like did the elephants make you happy or fill you with curiosity? What was the predominant feeling throughout the dream? Once you start thinking about it that way, it gets a little easier to lay a narrative on top of it, although I still give mad props to anyone who attempts to do it. I love adding dreams to my stories to improve the mood or highlight a theme. Fun stuff.

http://huckpilgrim.wordpress.com

Old 09-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #1390
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
I apologize if it is empathy pain, I ain't touching the age thing, and the third possibility is to change hands when masturbating more often.

Playgrounder #426

Old 09-03-2017, 09:17 PM   #1391
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckPilgrim View Post
My wife is really good at interpreting dreams, but she always asks for the emotional landscape of the dream. Like did the elephants make you happy or fill you with curiosity? What was the predominant feeling throughout the dream? Once you start thinking about it that way, it gets a little easier to lay a narrative on top of it, although I still give mad props to anyone who attempts to do it. I love adding dreams to my stories to improve the mood or highlight a theme. Fun stuff.
TxRad's comment that red mesas are places of power resonated.

The emotions were of closeness with my companion (who I don't recall) and awe at the setting. My reaction to the white elephants and to the family with them was to feel openly curious and confused.

Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 09-04-2017, 02:15 AM   #1392
HuckPilgrim
Literotica Guru

Quote:
TxRad's comment that red mesas are places of power resonated.

The emotions were of closeness with my companion (who I don't recall) and awe at the setting. My reaction to the white elephants and to the family with them was to feel openly curious and confused.
There is a school of thought that the dreamer is every aspect of the dream. Or to say it another way, that everything in the dream -- elephants, companion, red mesas -- is a piece of the dreamer. If you look at it that way, then maybe you're in a powerful place in life, allowing loved ones to surrounded you, amazed at the wonder of it all, but also humble enough to be a little confused. I"m a big believer in that if something resonates, then go with that interpretation.

All in all, it sounds like a pretty good dream.

http://huckpilgrim.wordpress.com

Old 09-04-2017, 04:26 AM   #1393
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Tx, are you still doing the exercises for your left shoulder ?

As I recall, , a white elephant must be looked after properly; and that ain't cheap (hence the expression).
So could an explanation be anything to do with care of or for something which is costly ?

Meanwhile, coffee.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 09-04-2017, 06:20 AM   #1394
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

White elephants, bah. Out in Monte Rio CA on the Russian River adjacent to Bohemian Grove (site of NWO conspiracies and rituals) is the old Pink Elephant tavern. Henry Kissinger, several Bushes, and Hillary Clinton have all vomited in its quaint restrooms. Black helicopters commonly flyover.

It's a land of strange dreams. Redwood groves, too. Let's see, the flowing water is feminine, the redwoods are phallic, the moss-drenched caves are vaginal, the towering coast range mountains are crucibles of power, and the approaching yeti (riding a pink elephant) is somebody's conscience.

That's hard to interpret. How about we pick a desired ending and channel the dream to get there? Sure, it's cheating, but this is 2017 CE. Anything goes.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:51 AM   #1395
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Wow! Holy, I mean, Happy Moanday everyone.

And i was seriously worried about my fish climbing trees dream until now.

Yes, HP, I am still doing my therapy exercises. Not as regular as I should as i have a pair of exercise partners that distract me. Anyway, this has the feel of a cold settled in the back of my shoulder that is adding to everything already hurting.

Ok, there is fresh coffee and a fresh kettle. I'm having Honey's, uh, honey buns later.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 09-04-2017, 10:08 AM   #1396
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Happy "rest-from-your-labors" Day! Time for Sunday breakfast leftovers and some journaling. I have the munchkin to myself today so who knows what trouble we'll get into?
Playgrounder #426

Last edited by MagicaPractica : 09-04-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:38 PM   #1397
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckPilgrim View Post
All in all, it sounds like a pretty good dream.
Thanks for all the input on the dream. I think this one followed a common pattern for me. It started out normal enough--maybe a few oddities here and there--then anomalies (like white elephants or TxRad's tree-climbing fish) build up until the weirdness wakes me up.

They aren't nightmares, so they are pretty good dreams.

I got some end-of-summer gardening chores done this morning but it was hot enough that when I was done I felt like someone had doused me with a garden hose--a garden hose that had been sitting in the sun so the water in it was hot.

What kind of bait do you use for tree-climbing fish?

Old 09-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #1398
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Thanks for all the input on the dream. I think this one followed a common pattern for me. It started out normal enough--maybe a few oddities here and there--then anomalies (like white elephants or TxRad's tree-climbing fish) build up until the weirdness wakes me up.

They aren't nightmares, so they are pretty good dreams.

I got some end-of-summer gardening chores done this morning but it was hot enough that when I was done I felt like someone had doused me with a garden hose--a garden hose that had been sitting in the sun so the water in it was hot.

What kind of bait do you use for tree-climbing fish?
The sort of insects to be found in the tree, of course.
We've had cool cloudy with a few spots of rain today.
I ain't keen.

So I'll have a late cup of tea please.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 09-04-2017, 08:55 PM   #1399
voluptuary_manque
would-be omnigamist

Rain would be welcome. There are wildfires all over British Columbia and the smoke is covering Washington and Oregon. Add to that triple digit heat and it's not a travel poster picture, let me tell you.

My stories

Mr. Vanilla Straight Guy--Safe_Bet

Don’t know if I ever told you, but you were the first person I “met” on Lit. You invited me into Molly’s thread and made me feel at home. I really appreciated that. You also prolly know more about the “doings” of our family than just about anybody else on Lit. That’s cuz you care and are appreciated for being you.--posthumous message from Safe_Bet. And I still care and I still love her. Rest in the Light, Suzy.

You poor, deluded bear--glynndah

<div align=left><a href=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519ZReMcO1L._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-51,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg target=_blank>http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg</a></div>

Old 09-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #1400
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

It's chilly tonight. I think I'll close the windows soon. Slacked off today and didn't write as much as I did other days. Ah well, at least I'm writing.