Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 11-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #2551
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtat View Post
The danger of London Pride isn't the alcohol level which compared with others is not that high. The danger is that it is a fairly mild flavour and it's very easy to think - oh just one more, mebbe two.
I can see the risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtat View Post
Og's recommendation of Greene King is excellent. When I lived in UK I loved their 'Abbot Ale' - Unfortunately, it did not love me!
I have a limited number of English beers available. I can get Fuller's London Pride and ESB. Newcastle Brown Ale, Bass (actually brewed in New Hampshire) and one or two others. I've never seen Greene King.

I had an actual English IPA a few years ago, but I can't remember the brewer. Based on that experience I'd guess that the English would find an IPA from the US to be undrinkable and potentially toxic. Many of the US brewers are now labeling them as California Pale Ale, American Pale Ale or other variations and I think that's good.

I am partial to Scottish-style ales and can get BelHaven, but at a significant cost. Last year my local store carried a couple Innis & Gunn ales. They were excellent but I haven't seen them since.

My personal favorites are The Third Ring and Oscar's Place.
My most recent story is Pixie in the Rain.
Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 11-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #2552
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Gazing at the discussion, I can feel slightly miffed.
I'm not permitted to do any 'real' drinking (I have a bottle of good Port for the Christmas festivites). My local supermarket has a bewildering variety of beers, from the usual cr@p to some seriously good brews, but I cannot access any of them with any degree of confidence. I really have no desire to repeat my sessions in either the Radio Therapy thing or the Drip, Drip of the cytotoxins (my particular problem had been in the throat).

Time, I think for a decent coffee.

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old 11-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #2553
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Gazing at the discussion, I can feel slightly miffed.
You have my sympathy, HP.

Next up is "Her Bodyguard," a brother/sister tale for the Valentine's Day contest

Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM   #2554
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Afternoon everyone.

I got wrangled into an early morning fishing trip that ended up being half the day. Lots of fun and we resupplied the freezer. 18 catfish between two and four pounds, released another dozen that were too big or too small. The small boat is great for two people.

Foggy early and cloudy and overcast the rest of the time. Enough of a breeze to drift slowly.

Now for some fresh coffee and some writing.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #2555
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Afternoon everyone.

I got wrangled into an early morning fishing trip that ended up being half the day. Lots of fun and we resupplied the freezer. 18 catfish between two and four pounds, released another dozen that were too big or too small. The small boat is great for two people.

Foggy early and cloudy and overcast the rest of the time. Enough of a breeze to drift slowly.

Now for some fresh coffee and some writing.
Please tell me about HOW you fish for catfish; a lure on a spinning rod, a float and some suitable bait (what sort?) perhaps ?

Lately, it has bee far too cold to go fishing (I left that stuff behind me a good while ago). My current excuse is that I am engaged in eitherr fixing my PC (a new battery helps), or in the shed making an aerial OR TWO).
or SNOOZING IN FRONT OF THE tv WITH A COFFEE OR SOMETHING. . . .

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-29-2017, 07:11 PM   #2556
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handley_Page View Post
Please tell me about HOW you fish for catfish; a lure on a spinning rod, a float and some suitable bait (what sort?) perhaps ?

Lately, it has bee far too cold to go fishing (I left that stuff behind me a good while ago). My current excuse is that I am engaged in eitherr fixing my PC (a new battery helps), or in the shed making an aerial OR TWO).
or SNOOZING IN FRONT OF THE tv WITH A COFFEE OR SOMETHING. . . .
HP, it is all according to whether I'm fishing from a boat or the bank. From shore, I use a tight-line setup. A weight at the end with a 2 inch circle hook on a six inch drop line about eighteen inches above the lead.

From a boat, I either use the same rig and drag it along the bottom or I use a slider cork to set the bait depth to where I want it. Usually 6 to 10 feet according to how much water I'm fishing over and how much cover is on the bottom.

The bait of choice for this lake is shad. Either 2-3 inch whole shad or one inch strips cut from larger shad. I occasionally catch white bass or strippers on the same rigs and bait.

That concludes catfish 101. Coffee is now available. If you have other questions or need clarifications please feel free to ask.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #2557
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
HP, it is all according to whether I'm fishing from a boat or the bank. From shore, I use a tight-line setup. A weight at the end with a 2 inch circle hook on a six inch drop line about eighteen inches above the lead.

From a boat, I either use the same rig and drag it along the bottom or I use a slider cork to set the bait depth to where I want it. Usually 6 to 10 feet according to how much water I'm fishing over and how much cover is on the bottom.

The bait of choice for this lake is shad. Either 2-3 inch whole shad or one inch strips cut from larger shad. I occasionally catch white bass or strippers on the same rigs and bait.

That concludes catfish 101. Coffee is now available. If you have other questions or need clarifications please feel free to ask.
Thank you kindly.
Should my pal & I find ourselves in a suitable spot, I'll know how it's done.

But I have an aerial to build today.
And it's bloody cold !
Coffee - PLEASE

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #2558
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Morning all,

The coffee is hot and fresh.

I had pancakes for breakfast, which led to a nap, which led to cuddling, which led to.... Which led to a nap.

Now there's a time loop that works for me.

I'd do some writing but I'm too damned relaxed to think about it.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #2559
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Morning all,

The coffee is hot and fresh.

I had pancakes for breakfast, which led to a nap, which led to cuddling, which led to.... Which led to a nap.

Now there's a time loop that works for me.

I'd do some writing but I'm too damned relaxed to think about it.
One might feel slightly envious, but it's simply too bloody cold at present.
I'm getting seriously peeved with Windoze 7. 168 updates; and they were not all run !

Now, wherfe's the coffee?
Ah yes, hiding.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 11-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #2560
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Late afternoon here and a ton of writing got done. Houseguest was asking some pointed questions about an unfinished story. It is now finished. Funny how an extra set of eyes can see things that have set in front of me for months or even years.

Fresh coffee is now available.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 11-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #2561
NotWise
Snipe hunter

We have a Christmas tree! It's fake, with lighting pre-installed. But its new and this year I didn't have to set it up and fluff it.

The kids (over thirty) come over tomorrow to decorate, then come Tuesday my wife disappears for most of two weeks.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:48 PM   #2562
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
We have a Christmas tree! It's fake, with lighting pre-installed. But its new and this year I didn't have to set it up and fluff it.

The kids (over thirty) come over tomorrow to decorate, then come Tuesday my wife disappears for most of two weeks.
A few days back, the Housemate and Houseguest disappeared for an afternoon. Later that evening, I came out of the office to find the lamp missing from the corner by the windows in the living room and a round table with a green plastic tree on it. The tree is about four feet high and looks pretty real until you get up close and personnel with it.

They have it decorated with all sorts of tiny glass balls and ornaments. The end of each limb has a colored led light made into it. The light randomly flash. All in all a very beautiful tree.

It seems it was in storage and hadn't been used in over twenty years. It belonged to Houseguests Mother-in-law and she had inherited it when said mother-in-law passed away a number of years ago.

I gave up on decorating for holidays a long time ago but I am happy to see my two ladies smiling and laughing under the twinkle of the lights from that tree,

Coffee for the late crew is ready.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 12-01-2017, 12:32 AM   #2563
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
I gave up on decorating for holidays a long time ago but I am happy to see my two ladies smiling and laughing under the twinkle of the lights from that tree,

Coffee for the late crew is ready.
Ahh... You're getting mushy.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:52 AM   #2564
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
Ahh... You're getting mushy.
Hey now! Well, maybe a little. Things do change with the right company.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 12-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #2565
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Ah, pretty lights on a little tree.
I wonder if I can find the space, let alone bother with decorations; I put the odd 'festive' thing up (last year it was a couple of nice LED candles) and a little birch thing with lights.
I really must think about it this year.

But it's a bloody cold morning and I have to go out.
But first - Coffee please

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 12-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #2566
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

We live in a conifer forest, mostly Western Cedar and Douglas-Fir -- none of the white fir preferred for XMas trees. A neighbor bought a multi-colored laser multi-beamer, sited along the roadway, that flashes all trees in the vicinity. Spreading tinsel on a few branches really boosts the effect. An XMas tree wonderland out here in the boonies...

We do have a small tree up and we'll drag out the larger one, both good-looking fakes. Mostly we put Santa hats atop our Mexican Katarinas and skulls, santos, and the skeleton occupying our sofa. Hang odd colored lights on the porch and we're done.

Good news: I'm alive. (Some on GB may disagree.) Bad news: Outpatient laser eye surgery hurts. Hopefully, only one more session is needed. More cardiologists will poke around my heart next week and a week later. All I want for XMas is a new left ventricle.

Breakfast today: the usual granola bar, yogurt, banana, mint tea, and many pills. Dinner tonight: teriyaki'd chicken, garden veggies, diet ginger ale, and fewer pills. Oh yeah, I can have all the beer and ale I want, as long as the words 'diet' and 'ginger' are in there. [/me futilely sniffs my partner's triple espresso] No pills at lunch and midnight snack, whew.

Oh damn, there's rum eggnog in the espresso. Drown me now.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #2567
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
We live in a conifer forest, mostly Western Cedar and Douglas-Fir -- none of the white fir preferred for XMas trees. A neighbor bought a multi-colored laser multi-beamer, sited along the roadway, that flashes all trees in the vicinity. Spreading tinsel on a few branches really boosts the effect. An XMas tree wonderland out here in the boonies...

We do have a small tree up and we'll drag out the larger one, both good-looking fakes. Mostly we put Santa hats atop our Mexican Katarinas and skulls, santos, and the skeleton occupying our sofa. Hang odd colored lights on the porch and we're done.

Good news: I'm alive. (Some on GB may disagree.) Bad news: Outpatient laser eye surgery hurts. Hopefully, only one more session is needed. More cardiologists will poke around my heart next week and a week later. All I want for XMas is a new left ventricle.

Breakfast today: the usual granola bar, yogurt, banana, mint tea, and many pills. Dinner tonight: teriyaki'd chicken, garden veggies, diet ginger ale, and fewer pills. Oh yeah, I can have all the beer and ale I want, as long as the words 'diet' and 'ginger' are in there. [/me futilely sniffs my partner's triple espresso] No pills at lunch and midnight snack, whew.

Oh damn, there's rum eggnog in the espresso. Drown me now.
Fingers crossed

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 12-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #2568
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

A pleasant afternooner to all,

It has been a busy day. The first of the ten novels was released this morning.

Fresh coffee all around.

All Stories By TxRad

Old 12-01-2017, 06:27 PM   #2569
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

Quote:
A pleasant afternooner to all,

It has been a busy day. The first of the ten novels was released this morning.

Fresh coffee all around.
Well, the centre bit of the new aerial was finished and the plug fitted (it fits quite well). Tomorrow, we are expecting rain (Booh! ) but I'm taking my camera out again; I've been missing the occasional snap.
I really must have a close look for that charger. . . .

Tea, I think.

Handley Page

" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "

Old 12-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #2570
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Good evening.

I doubt I'll do more decorating this year. I'm laid up with inflammation in the back/side/rib muscles. The doctor ordered a week of bed rest along with muscle relaxers and heat. I almost made it through the year without an ambulance ride.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #2571
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lynn_ View Post
Good evening.

I doubt I'll do more decorating this year. I'm laid up with inflammation in the back/side/rib muscles. The doctor ordered a week of bed rest along with muscle relaxers and heat. I almost made it through the year without an ambulance ride.
Playgrounder #426

Old 12-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #2572
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Thanks, MP.

How have you been?

Old 12-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #2573
MagicaPractica
Dreamer

Quote:
Thanks, MP.

How have you been?
Bit rough around the edges lately but getting better. Working on staying in the moment. Reading a lovely fantasy book series that starts with "The Invisible Library." Adventure, mystery and light romance. I highly recommend it if you like that sort of reading.
Playgrounder #426

Old 12-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #2574
sharingfantasies
Ratiocinator

Location: No longer with 14 million other people. In a cabin in the pines.
Quote:
Good evening.

Sorry, feel better.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:22 PM   #2575
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaPractica View Post
Bit rough around the edges lately but getting better. Working on staying in the moment. Reading a lovely fantasy book series that starts with "The Invisible Library." Adventure, mystery and light romance. I highly recommend it if you like that sort of reading.
I will add it to my list.